Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,757 Views)
dooldooldool

Mason
Oct 14 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm watching Tuesday's episode right now, and I just don't get this one thing. If Meredith dumped Rafe into the river (or wherever) before Carly even left Morocco, how in the hell did Rafe manage to stay alive for all that time? It's ridiculous.
Well, it seems that Rafe is truly wooden. He floated for about 36 hours in Salem Time.

Monday's episode was a DOOL anomaly. It was an actual single, standalone DAY of Days. Friday ended a 6-episode "Salem Day". Tuesday's episode began a new DAY.. Shocking!

FWIW, by my count, only 33 days have elapsed in 2009 in Salem. By October 15, 2008, 43 days had elapsed. In all of 2007, only 47 days occurred in the Salem Year -- which was a big improvement over 2006's 33 "Salem Days" FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.
Edited by dooldooldool, Oct 15 2009, 06:16 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

Gee, what a dud of a Friday. Are they purposely putting ZILCH on since the Friday ratings have been dismal for the past year. More evidence that TPTB can screw up a good thing.

Other rants......

1. The Brady-Arianna reconciliation could have taken one-third of the time. Wasteful conversation that barely made sense. A good example of how multiple "short scenes" detract from whatever punch this lackluster duo might have had. Yawners. I almost missed Felisha Terrill.

2. Maggie "driving by the cemetery, seeing Sami, and stopping cuz she might need a hug"??? Egad. Could there be any worse reason. I absolutely love Maggie, but the writers are sooooo stupid sometime. Wouldn't it have been better to have Mrs Horton headed to visit "Janice's grave", since she had been "thinking about my daughter since we chatted at Chez Rouge" yesterday" I would have even settled for "Alice wanted me to stop by and drop these flowers at Tom's grave since she is spending the year with Jack and Jennifer in England". I don't mind the Maggie as Mother Hen for all of Salem, but at least put some effort into it.

3. So I suppose since Nadia Bjorlin spent half the year in a Salem Coma, they needed to still meet her 2009 wardrobe quota. The current Salem day began with her babysitting in that purple hoochie dress. She changed into the white lacey top to get embarrassed by Victor's arrival at the tenement house. Now, later in that same Salem Day, she comes back from the grocery wearing a teal-green top for her "now that I'm annulled, I can have monkeysex" moment. I almost think the writers are purposely making this couple so vain and sex-crazed just to eventually break them up since they have nothing in common. Yawners....

4. True, Stefano needed to be somehow debilitated to fully play out all the twists and turns in BabySwitchPalooza, but Nicole jabbering at bedside is becoming a daily event. Plus, it looked like they reshot a whole sequence, with AZ babbling to an empty bed WITH WHITE SHEETS, with 5-6 periodic cutaways to her 80-something co-hort. In the later scene, Stefano was clearly coma-tizing on colored sheets (taupe?).

5. I will admit "Chad Peterson Woods" actually sounds like a nice soapy name, so I forgive the change. Clearly the boy is hetero, as that shirt proves absolutely zero lack of fashion sense. His DiMera Mansion Debut was outstanding. His Motel Maggie and Pier-of-Mass-Wandering scenes later on, not so much, although that is probably due to the others sharing his scenes. Unfortunately, tying him to the Joe Isuzu DA doesn't seem very long-term story-enabling. And as potential Mystery Spawn of Salemites just sucks royally as a storyline. And, frankly, that right cheek mole is driving me batty.

6. I really had been ambivalent about Will-Mia. But, truly, they have minimal chemistry and ZERO spark. Early Shelle looks golden compared to these duds.

7. I have never been a fan of Elvis. Maybe its due to the fact that he should be 12 years old. Or that they have never explained what happened to Edmund and Susan Crumb. Or that he has zig-zag-ed as a character more than anyone in Salem History (I'm a race car driver! I'm a businessman! I'm an attorney! I wore black gloves in the summer and wreaked haoc all over Salem. I shot John Black. I switched Belle+Mimi's baby embryos! I killed a policewoman! I drugged and tortured Steve Johnson when I was a toddler!). His initial violent reaction to Adoption was unnecessarily cruel to his onscreen wife and to his offscreen fans who love and treat all their children equally. His toned-down slow-burn acting ever since has been much much much better.

Still, a dud of a Friday. Oh well, 35 minutes of my life gone.

Oh, and I hate this Halloween-grey background....Yechhh

dooldooldool

Southofsoap
Oct 17 2009, 05:51 AM
Kenny
Oct 16 2009, 11:27 PM
As for rooting for Chad over Will, who wouldn't? Will is a bore... which, by the way, should be a crime. The son of Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady should never be this dull and lifeless.
I have a hard time believing any son of Sami and Lucas would be heterosexual. The EMO part I believe though, but yeah he should have more life in him...
Ah, there's an idea...Will falling for Chad. Those "fight" scenes we have seen in the kitchen at the Motel Maggie the past few weeks would have come across in such a very different manner.........

The previous actor playing Will Roberts Horton had grown into a catty pre-teen filled with spunk, sarcasm, and wit, although his delivery was more than a tad wooden. The current, "enhanced" version does play the moody type pretty well.

Sadly, DOOL would never make any legacy character gay. Sure, it's OK to have stray gays such as early-2000s Deveraux BFF Harold (who ended up as the editor of the Spectator) or Assistant Chris, but not likely a major character (especially since every other daytime drama has been milking that theme to death of late).

Stray teen Tad would be fun as Will's gay wing-man. No angst. No drama. Just matter-of-fact reality. The actor has really shined in his few scenes over the summer. Too bad they haven't incorporated him more into the storyline. Mia could use a gayboy BFF and it would be refreshing for Will to have a best friend who happens to be gay.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply