Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,454 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Loved EJ's line to Nicole "you mistake who I am".

Chloe getting fiesty with Kate was great. It makes me want to see triangle between Chloe, Kate and Stefano, although I dont think an 80yr old, post heart attack diabetic man will be able to endure those two.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Oct 12 2009, 05:47 PM
we all get that Hope is pissed off at Bo but seriously when does Hope take some responsibilty for her actions and stop making poor Ciarra pay the price for running away and taking the child from her safe environment/ home and her Daddy she did the same thing when she got all bent over the Kayla shooting she uprooted Ciarra from her home and made the child feel insecure and start missing her Family. what counselor would even suggest such a hostile resolve for this problem?this is so plot driven a two year old could see it makes no sense.
Hope is really out there.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 09:24 PM
What else could possibly bring Bo and Hope at odds that wouldn't be forced? This is realistic and stems from the characters and their history. they never did solve their issues stemming from Zack's death. That was one of the things Hogan disappointed me on at the time. He only resolved the Hope and Chelsea conflict. Bo and Hope never really talked things out and worked through everything. It was all kind of slept under the rug because they had to deal with the ending of the Patrick stuff and Ciara being born. Then we didn't see them hardly at all for months and when they were brought back in the mix they were thrown into the Brady/Dimera stuff. The issues were never truly worked out and that is why I am glad the show has had both Bo and Hope allude to that fact. I hope the show continues to mention the issue of Zack's death going forward.

Also, Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues going back to when they first got together in the 80's. He was always keeping her in the dark about things because he felt it was best or that she couldn't handle it and Hope has ALWAYS acted like an extreme bitch when she didn't like how he handled something or when he kept something from her. What is happening now is not out of character for either of them. In fact, it's about time the show use the internal conflict that has always existed to further story between them. I'm so excited they finally are and the best part is you have two past characters in Justin and Carly that share chemistry with the both of them and that are likable so fans can deal with them possibly being paired with them, especially Carly and Bo who have fans and are very popular.

The Ciara kidnapping situation brought all their issues to the surface and here you have a story that is driven by the characters of Bo and Hope and the conflict that exists between them. It's a good soap story. Nothing is being forced. Neither Justin or Carly has any romantic interest in Hope or Bo right now. It's all being played naturally and set up beautifully.

.......... I love how she left in tears and you saw him looking upset after closing the door and the way the camera just panned back before the scene faded out.
I'm not really crazy about Justin getting mixed in there because I'm already tired of his shit eatin grin and that an interloper seems to always have to stir the pot but other than that it's a great issue for Bope. Your second paragraph is EXACTLY Bope's fundamental issue that causes problems in their relationship.

They did a good job with having the camera pan back!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 06:11 PM

Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

Wow, that never crossed my mind but its certainly plausible, it will be interesting to see how they play out their relationship. I saw the act of kate having Mary pack the bags as a way to rub salt into EJ's pride, to remind him that Nicole played him and also as a way to establish her dominance as THE Mrs. Dimera.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 10:12 PM
an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else.
Ok, maybe I just dont know the definition of "interloper". I agree that he's not acting like he's hot for Hope but you can tell they are going to have some sort of moment where their friendship crosses into the inappropriate. It would be nice if for once they didn't have a triangle or quadrangle as the obstacle. Maybe I'm wrong and they will remain completely platonic but I will be very surprised.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 12 2009, 10:57 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 10:12 PM
an interloper is one who has intentions toward breaking up a couple or one that wants someone who is in love with someone else.
Ok, maybe I just dont know the definition of "interloper". I agree that he's not acting like he's hot for Hope but you can tell they are going to have some sort of moment where their friendship crosses into the inappropriate. It would be nice if for once they didn't have a triangle or quadrangle as the obstacle. Maybe I'm wrong and they will remain completely platonic but I will be very surprised.
I would love that too, except I still want Bo and Hope broken up ... for good. However, the only way to successfully do so is to have them split up amicably, with closure and with no yearning for each other ever again. Have them TRULY move on! THAT is what I WANT!
See, I'm no Bope fan. I've liked Bo with Carly, Billie and not so much with Hope. I thought Hope/Gina with John were pretty hot. However, I would like to see at least one couple stay together till death do them part besides the founding fathers like Caroline and Sean.

How much ya wanna bet Jope are going to kiss?
Edited by Halloween Family, Oct 12 2009, 11:02 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 12 2009, 11:07 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 11:02 PM
Amello
Oct 12 2009, 10:57 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:53 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I would love that too, except I still want Bo and Hope broken up ... for good. However, the only way to successfully do so is to have them split up amicably, with closure and with no yearning for each other ever again. Have them TRULY move on! THAT is what I WANT!
See, I'm no Bope fan. I've liked Bo with Carly, Billie and not so much with Hope. I thought Hope/Gina with John were pretty hot. However, I would like to see at least one couple stay together till death do them part besides the founding fathers like Caroline and Sean.

How much ya wanna bet Jope are going to kiss?
Ah, I WAS a Bo and Hope fan. But after Zack's death that ship has since sailed. LOL Bo was great with both Carly and Lisa Rinna's Billie. And I don't even know who I want Bo and Hope paired with. However, if the writers want the two with other people, whether that be Justin, Carly etc ... the scenario I described above is the only acceptable version. There is no point AT ALL of getting invested or watching Bo and Hope with other people if they are still in their own romantic orbit. That orbit must DIE!
Bope's relationship is fairly realistic minus having a chip implanted in your brain, etc. As PR said their fundamental problem is that Bo trys to shield her from bad things and she breaks out into a bitch, I dont know if this stems from the age difference in their early years.

It's kind of nice having old issues ie s/ls pop up into present day because it's realistic. Couples might forgive and never talk about it again BUT people tend not to forget, all might be good until another catalyst pops up, in this case it was the kidnapping and all hell breaks loose. I agree the repetitive nature makes it tiresome but that could be fixed with some good dialogue.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 13 2009, 11:00 AM

I don't see how anyone could have watched this episode and not been disgusted with the way Nicole is clearly using Sydney as her key back in to the DiMansion.
I dont blame Nicole for trying to keep her family intact. I wasn't disgusted by either one of them but I dont really feel sorry for EJ. I think in today's episode I was suppose to but it still aint working.

Carly really is a gorgeous woman, age has treated her well.

OMG, LH must have had a boob job because I dont remember that cleavage.

Poor Melanie's back to looking like crap again. Loved her and Brady interacting and especially Melanie confronting Ari.

Today Nicole reminded me of Rebeca Romiijn/Eastwick, the fertile bohemian look suits her minus the purple sweater.

I think EJ has already put 2 +2 together and suspects Mia is the birth mother.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:28 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 12 2009, 10:10 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 06:11 PM

Although it could be questioned, Kate showed concern for EJ and I like the way she took things into her own hands and had Nicole's belongings packed and set by the door. She's a meddling mother, even to her stepson, who at one point was her lover? Oy!

Wow, that never crossed my mind but its certainly plausible, it will be interesting to see how they play out their relationship. I saw the act of kate having Mary pack the bags as a way to rub salt into EJ's pride, to remind him that Nicole played him and also as a way to establish her dominance as THE Mrs. Dimera.
I can see that. I'm hoping it's a combination of both. I'd really love to see EJ and Kate develop a very complex relationship here with this new dynamic of her being his stepmother and the two of them sharing a sexual past.
makes sense since Kate has no one to mother anymore with Lucas in rehab and Philip disowning her (again). EJ and Kate...talk about Freud's wet dream.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 12 2009, 09:24 PM

I also disagree about Chloe and Nicole's friendship. Yes, it was forced at the beginning but it's been well over a year since they first became friends so I've come to accept them. They have enough in common, not that it matters. I have friends I barely have anything in common with. I don't think it matters much. They bonded over hating Sami in the beginning and they both also bonded over the difficult love lives they both had. There is plenty there to bring them together and have them be friends. They've both been through alot this year and supported each other so their friendship is pretty much solidified now.

Friendships are very important because you can get some insight into what the character is feeling and their thought process. The Chloe-Nicole friendship was vital so that Nicole didn't turn out to be the ultra villian in all this. I buy that they both were lonely and there wasn't anyone else around to fill that void and I agree people form friendships with very little in common. Where it feels forced is Nicole's morales dont fit in with Chloe's. Chloe might have wiped the slate clean and realized Nicole has changed but I can't see her continuing the friendship once she finds out that Nicole kidnapped Sydney. It's the same story with Brady, Brady is a good guy and would never agree to helping with the miscarriage charade but seeing Nicole's pain post miscarriage was and is his achilles heel.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I would too, but would the actor(s) come back for little stints with or without major sl's to be a part of?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 14 2009, 11:26 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 14 2009, 11:24 PM
I would too, but would the actor(s) come back for little stints with or without major sl's to be a part of?
Do they need the money? That's the big question.
Money isn't the only thing that makes the world go round...I bet ego has something to do with it. Maybe it's not worth it for them to wake up for if they are only going to be a sounding board for another character. Otherwise, I bet more of the vets would be willing to come onscreen now and again.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

The fakeouts drive me to drink. Even Passion (3or 4yrs ago) eased up a hell of a lot and I remember being so relieved. Days needs to come up with something else because it's insulting.

I don't remember Lawrence enough and the actor looks so different now, I just can't take him seriously after playing JT Cornell.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Danloe--I really wish I was into these two but I just cant due to the bad acting and breathless way they speak. I wish Dan would dye his hair to match Nadia's hair. She needs someone who matches her like when she was with KL they had the matching eyes and with Brandon and their matching eyes and hair. I did enjoy sexually agressive Chloe though, the way Dan gets his hands all tangled up in her hair and they way Chloe's face gets beard burn.

AZ was so pretty when she was crying, it looked like diamonds fells from her eyes. I thought I saw a flicker of compassion for Nicole in EJ's eyes while his mouth showed disgusted contempt.

Bope was so awesome on 10/15. It really hit home for me, it looked like a real marital fight and I loved how they dredged up old history.

Ej's line "...and take 'that' with you" was powerful, I saw it as a way to disconnect himself emotionally and I think it's to make EJ look stupid like when he told Sami to "take your ophan with you" once everything is out in the open.

I dont understand how EJ thought Nicole adopted Syd legally. Isn't adoption a complicated and invasive procedure where they look into your home, etc?

Brianna is sooooooooooooo blahhhhhhhhhhh. Will and Mia had more warmth in their kiss compared to Brady and Ari.

What's with Sami and the ill fitting clothes. They went from making her look like a sausage in the grey suit to this oversized black thing.

I loved the evil glare Sami gave EJ on 10/16, I miss that Sami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply