Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,453 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Oct 12 2009, 11:38 AM
LOVED victor's von bulow reference today. it was especially apt since von bulow was sleeping with soap actress alexandra isles from dark shadows when his wife died.

i can't believe chloe didn't throw a fit when kate laid into her today about lucas. i know if i were chloe, i would have upended that entire table into kate's lap.

ej is acting like such a spoiled little baby. i can't believe he had the nerve to justify dumping sydney along with nicole because nicole destroyed the last little part of his heart left. give me a freaking break. he just doesn't want sydeny because she isn't his biologically related to him, and some cold part of his heart is too ashamed to admit that out loud i guess. i don't think i've ever disliked ej as much as i do know. if any part of him ever cared for that baby, he'd take her from nicole and throw her out on her ass alone.

i like the way they're slowly revealing more and more to the carly/lawrence argument. i'm guessing that chad might eventually play into this storyline, with perhaps his bio mother being carly and his bio father being either lawrence or bo. i'm not sure, but i'm surprised one of these teens hasn't been tied to someone on the canvas by now, so i'm guessing maybe the son they referenced is chad, especially since carly mentioned that lawrence had deprived her of the right of being a mother.
I had read somewhere that Chad may be Carly's son and that is who she is coming to Salem to see. What I am confused about is -- I know she had a son Nikki with Lawrence, but he was born in 1984. Is this a different son? If not, that would make Chad 25.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 13 2009, 01:08 PM
Matt
Oct 13 2009, 01:00 PM
I absolutely love how the Carly story has crossed over and dovetailed into the Rafe/Sami/babyswitch storyline. That's just classic soap opera that we don't see much anymore. These days, storylines tend to be so islanded and isolated, so to have Carly already involved in another storyline besides the Lawrence murder (and she hasn't even hit Salem yet) is a treat.
I agree. That is just great soap writing, especially since Rafe is a familiar character to fans so those who don't know Carly can get a chance to know her through Rafe as opposed to a stranger. I like Omar but using Rafe to educate fans further on who Carly is great and very effective. It will endear her to Rafe fans too because she is saving their man.

You can tell Days has really planned things out this time with the recent returns. Justin and now Carly have been worked in wonderfully. They involved them with current characters and integrated them slowly without forcing them on people. I expect Vivian's return to be handled the same because ever since Tomlin and Whitesell came on board the show has had a long-term vision and plan, which is what the show needed more then anything else. They stuck to the plan and that is the biggest thing. It shows that Corday is not putting his nose where it doesn't belong. As long as that happens, I think the show will do fine. The show always is better when Corday leaves things alone.
Great post. ITA with you. I love it when they involve new characters with existing ones on the show. The writers are doing a much better job and I agree-- the more Corday stays out of it and lets everyone else do their job, the better the show is. :applause:

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

daysknowitall
Oct 17 2009, 01:30 PM
Matt
Oct 17 2009, 11:01 AM
I think the only people upset with EJ's reactions during the reveal are those people who deluded themselves into believing in the character as a romantic lead. EJ is not, never has been, nor ever should be a romantic lead. He's a villain. Charming? Yes. Suave? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. But still a villain. He's like the modern day Lawrence Alamain -- wicked, evil, petty, charming, sly, slimy, and totally entertaining. I love the fact that he's a petty snake in the grass.
ITA, and great post. You hit the nail on the head in comparing Ej n Lawrence. Both good looking, suave and entertaining but he is the villian. I just prefer him that way. His acting is much better when he is in his crazy evil mode. I just can't dig him trying to be good. Just doesn't work for me.
ITA with you both!! Great post and spot on!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply