Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,764 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Today's show was decent.

Finally they're giving some airtime (and lines!) to Carly. Her scenes with Omar were nice, and I loved the lengthened flashback of her fight with Lawrence. I totally called it re: him holding her captive like Victor did to Nicole. The question is, what did she do to make him want to punish her like that?

Victor and Bo's scenes were enjoyable. Lots of references to history.

Hope is a bitch. She gets on my nerves. This whole Bo/Hope breakup story is stupid. Couldn't the writers think of a better reason to have them on the outs?

LoL @ Nicole showing up at the mansion as if EJ was just going to kiss her on the forehead and welcome her back home. I love that crazy bitch. Her scenes with Chloe were weird though. I just don't buy their friendship. What (aside from being complete whores) do they have in common? Nothing at all, IMO.

Oh, and I enjoyed the Kate/EJ scene. I love that she's married to Stefano and living at DiMansion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ohhhh! I also loved this line from Kate to Chloe.

"I just wish you could slip back into that coma and die. No one would miss you. Not even your fiancée once he gets to know something about you other than the fact that you're willing to have sex 24/7."

Hilarous!

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 12 2009, 10:26 PM
Doesn't matter if it's been a year or five. I just can't buy a real friendship between Chloe and Nicole no matter how much they've been through together. They're so much better as enemies, and I really hope something happens that ends their friendship and turns them back to enemies. That would be awesome!
I agree. What's the purpose of their friendship anyway? It's awkward, it doesn't benefit their stories in any way and it deprives us of some potentially awesome Nicole vs. Chloe sniping scenes.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why hasn't Lawrence been calling Carly "Katerina?" That's getting on my nerves.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 14 2009, 09:36 PM
And major props to Days for the cliffhanger today! On a Wednesday! That was a Friday cliffhanger if I ever saw one (of course, no one even does good cliffhangers any more on a Friday). Now I really want to tune in to see if Chad spills to EJ. I'm actually really getting back into Days and I haven't seriously watched religiously and been *really* into it in years.
See, I can't excited over cliffhangers on Days because they do those fake-outs too damn often. There are at least 15 of them in in every episode. Even when the cliffhangers are real, I assume they're fake because it happens so often, LoL. Days is like the soap who cried wolf. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

For example, today's show featured featured the mid-episode cliffhanger of Nicole telling Mia and Chad that Sydney isn't their baby. I got excited for a moment, thinking... "Yes! She's going to tell the truth! The cat is out of the bag!" Then we returned from commercial and it turned out to be one of those silly fake-outs. Mia was like, "Yes... you're right. Sydney isn't our child anymore. She's yours because you adopted her. Ho hum!" Back to square one. So annoying. I mean, this little trick might work every once in a while, but Days does it so often it's just become stale and lazy. It isn't effective anymore. By the time the end of the episode rolled around, I just assumed that whatever cliffhanger we got was going to be as fake as the last one. I've seen it so often, I've just become skeptical.

It reminds me of that famous scene from Passions in which TC exclaimed to his lying wife, "I know the TRUTH!" Dun dun dun! Return from commercial... "I know why you've been acting so strange! I've finally figured it OUT! (dramatic pause) You didn't finish your breakfast this morning." So fucking stupid, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 14 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm watching Tuesday's episode right now, and I just don't get this one thing. If Meredith dumped Rafe into the river (or wherever) before Carly even left Morocco, how in the hell did Rafe manage to stay alive for all that time? It's ridiculous.
The bigger question is... why didn't she kill him before dumping him in the first place? Why send him floating like that when he's still alive? LoL. Or did she think he was dead? I think I missed something there. (Not that I'm sad about it, but still...)

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 14 2009, 11:40 PM
Mason
Oct 14 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm watching Tuesday's episode right now, and I just don't get this one thing. If Meredith dumped Rafe into the river (or wherever) before Carly even left Morocco, how in the hell did Rafe manage to stay alive for all that time? It's ridiculous.
Because it's the same Salem River that Bo & Hope took the Fancy Face out on for an afternoon daytrip and ended up sight seeing in the middle of the ocean.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 15 2009, 12:06 PM
Well, now. Looks like yesterday's cliffhanger wasn't a fake out! The look on EJ's face is priceless!
It's a miracle!

EJ's ass looks delicious in those pants today, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 15 2009, 04:04 PM
The great thing about the baby switch reveal is that there is still so much to come out. Mia and Chad don't know their baby is really dead, Brady doesn't know what Nicole did to Sami, and Sami and EJ don't know their baby is alive. November sweeps is going to rock. Can't wait
The problem is, I don't care about Mia, Chad or Brady. Nor do I care about Sami these days.

I hate these characters. Why does the writing have to suck so much?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 15 2009, 04:21 PM
You need to expand your horizons. Chad/Casey and Brady/Eric are great male characters...
Oh, yuck. At least with Chad/Casey, I see potential. Brady/Eric is a whole other story.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 15 2009, 05:32 PM
dc cubs
Oct 15 2009, 03:33 PM
CC also tweeted a bit ago that it was Michael's decision to grow his hair out. He thought Lawrence should have crazy man hair.
He was wrong. Very, very wrong.
No joke. Lawrence used to be hot! What the fuck happened? LoL

Kenny
Member Avatar

soccerandtvgirl
Oct 16 2009, 11:25 PM
Give Casey an Emmy. He's an amazing find.
I think I would like him alot more if he would get a different hairstyle. Something about that mop on his head just overshadows his talent for me, LoL.

As for rooting for Chad over Will, who wouldn't? Will is a bore... which, by the way, should be a crime. The son of Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady should never be this dull and lifeless.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply