Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,727 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

If Chad turned out to be Nicholas, I'd be tempted to be done with Days for good. I know you can't take anything Days does with characters' ages seriously because the SORAS and deSORAS at random, but Nicholas is supposed to be roughly the same age as Shawn which means that he's roughly the same age as Philip & Chloe (despite the extreme SORAS they pulled to cast Victor Webster in the role). If they do bring Nicholas back, they'll have to deSORAS him down from Webster (who had the affair with Kate) so that Carly could believably play his mother, but the put him all the way back in HS?! That's just a bit much.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What galls me about Nicole is how she's acting like it's all EJ's fault that she lied to him and covered up her miscarriage and adoption (and we haven't even gotten into the baby switch yet) and how Nicole seems pissed that EJ isn't all "enh" about what she did like it's no big deal. Well, if it wasn't such a big deal, then why did you keep it from him, bitch? Gosh, I hate Nicole. Honestly, I've hated Nicole ever since she took that payoff from Kate to marry Lucas all those years ago.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I absolutely love how the Carly story has crossed over and dovetailed into the Rafe/Sami/babyswitch storyline. That's just classic soap opera that we don't see much anymore. These days, storylines tend to be so islanded and isolated, so to have Carly already involved in another storyline besides the Lawrence murder (and she hasn't even hit Salem yet) is a treat.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And major props to Days for the cliffhanger today! On a Wednesday! That was a Friday cliffhanger if I ever saw one (of course, no one even does good cliffhangers any more on a Friday). Now I really want to tune in to see if Chad spills to EJ. I'm actually really getting back into Days and I haven't seriously watched religiously and been *really* into it in years.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You know what would *really* make sense (which means Days won't do it)? Get Billy Warlock back for a limited visit as Frankie Brady. It hasn't been *that* long since he was last on the show, so he'd be at least familiar to viewers, he's a Brady by adoption *and* he's really Carly's biological brother Francois. He's make a very logical talk-to for Carly and another connecting point to Salem.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Halloween Family
Oct 14 2009, 11:24 PM
I would too, but would the actor(s) come back for little stints with or without major sl's to be a part of?
Do they need the money? That's the big question.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mason
Oct 14 2009, 11:36 PM
I'm watching Tuesday's episode right now, and I just don't get this one thing. If Meredith dumped Rafe into the river (or wherever) before Carly even left Morocco, how in the hell did Rafe manage to stay alive for all that time? It's ridiculous.
Because it's the same Salem River that Bo & Hope took the Fancy Face out on for an afternoon daytrip and ended up sight seeing in the middle of the ocean.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, now. Looks like yesterday's cliffhanger wasn't a fake out! The look on EJ's face is priceless!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

God, I love Victor Kiriakis! His humerous sniping is fantastic!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And another amazing cliffhanger! Did someone somewhere send these writers to soap opera pacing camp?! This is almost flawless classic soap opera.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think it would fun to have Kate extract her revenge by slipping Daniel some drug that makes him impotent and then find out how long it takes skank Chloe to cheat.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The difference between characters/actors like Mia/Will and someone like, say, Chad is that Mia/Will are REactive characters with a bit of an isolation problem. Mia/Will fret and furrow because of what other people do or say. I'm not sure Mia can even have a line that doesn't contain a phrase "my baby" and that baby is her entire purpose. The whole Will thing is a sideline to give her something to do to keep her on screen and remind the audience that she's still there. Chad, however, is a very active character. He tries to get Mia. He storms into rooms. He tries to get Sydney back. He all but pushes his way into DiMansion. He stands up to both Nicole and EJ. Mia talks to Nicole that she wants permission from Nikki to have a backbone. That's the primary difference between the groupings. Hell, even if they could let Mia be more dynamic in her passiveness, she might be palatable. As it is -- enh, not so much. A so much word on this Will not being the child of Lucas and Sami. Lucas needs to tell his son to grow a pair.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think the only people upset with EJ's reactions during the reveal are those people who deluded themselves into believing in the character as a romantic lead. EJ is not, never has been, nor ever should be a romantic lead. He's a villain. Charming? Yes. Suave? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. But still a villain. He's like the modern day Lawrence Alamain -- wicked, evil, petty, charming, sly, slimy, and totally entertaining. I love the fact that he's a petty snake in the grass.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Nicholas was original around the same age as Shawn Douglas because they were best friends when they were kids.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2009, 10:18 AM
Matt
Oct 18 2009, 09:35 AM
Nicholas was original around the same age as Shawn Douglas because they were best friends when they were kids.
Nicholas was a few years older than Shawn. Nicholas was born in 1984, while Shawn was originally born in 1987. Even in the early-90s when Nicholas came to Salem, he was always portrayed as a few years older than Shawn, but yes they did use to play together.
You're right. Nicholas is a couple of years older than Shawn-D. Erik von Detten was born in 1982 while Scott Groff who played Shawn-D while Carly/Nicholas were on the show was born in 1984, but they were portrayed to be very close to the same age. When the cast Victor Webster in the role, it was way off and wonky since Webster is 7 years older than Jason Cook (of course, I still have difficulty thinking of Cook as almost 30 now).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply