Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/12 - 10/16
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 06:20 PM (13,439 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I watched yesterday's show this morning and it was a decent show - but didn't seem to have the intensity of the past couple of weeks. Perhaps because Hope is such a major downer these days. I have always liked Hope - and am a Bope fan - so it sucks watching them make her such a self serving bitch in order to set up the Carly/Bo drama. There is certainly no subtlety here - particularly with Victor bending Bo's ear about a woman from his past that no one has talked about in years at the same time that Justin is cautioning Hope that Bo needs to hear from her that she wants to save her marriage. Whatever. I did think the scene with Hope and Ciara stretched out on the bed chatting was cute, though.

Why in the hell would Chloe not immediately be scratching Kate's eyes out the minute she opened her mouth to bitch at her? Seriously? The woman put her in a coma for weeks and she barely registers irritation around her? And that little tidbit from Lucas was basically useless. I sure hope they are paying BD by the week and not by the number of episodes - or worse, but the number of lines, he's contributing to the show these days. :(

I did enjoy the scenes with Carly/Omar. I like that she's being so upfront about things and not coming across as a wounded victim. I really don't remember CC all that well as I was watching just now and again (pre DVR days :( ) but I do enjoy her and I think she'll bring a refreshing jolt to the show. Can't wait to add Louise Sorel to that mix.

I don't see how anyone could have watched this episode and not been disgusted with the way Nicole is clearly using Sydney as her key back in to the DiMansion. Chloe's suggestion that EJ might want Sydney back but not Nicole and her reaction -"No way! We're a package deal." Oh yeah...Sydney is now simply a pawn to pseudo-mama getting what she wants. The entire manipulation with EJ at the end - how Sydney wouldn't take her bottle, how much she misses her Daddy, etc. I saw lots of comments yesterday about what a douche EJ is being toward Sydney and I hadn't seen the show so I couldn't really comment - but it was clear to me that EJ is suffering and desperately loves that little girl. But Nicole cloyingly waving her under his nose and groveling about how much she needs him does no one any good. Rather than allowing EJ to come to terms with what happened she seems more intent on needling and whining to him in order to get her way. The woman has absolutely no shame. :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 15 2009, 05:47 PM
I want the baby switch storyline to be over and done with. Its been drawn out far too long and I can't stand to listen to Nicole talk to herself ad nauseum for one more episode. The teens suck but I'm impressed with Chad and he can definitely hold his own with the better actors on the show.

I also like Sami and Brady's sibing dynamic and it seems the only time she is tolerable lately, she lost any rootable qualities awhile back and Like Nicole, she needs to stop talking to herself.

Can Danloe ever not have sex? Victor knocked at just the right time because I felt the sax music on its way.

I'm liking Carly so far but she is going to have to work hard to make up for saving Rafe. I mean what was the point? I hate Meredith a little bit more for not actually killing the guy.
Love this post!

And just to add to it...I am sick to death of watching Sami talk to herself...pause...then grab her purse and keys and stomp off. Does the woman never just leave as if she knew she was planning to all along? Must is always be an epiphany that sends her out a door?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 16 2009, 10:57 AM
Sindacco
Oct 16 2009, 07:26 AM
leah09
Oct 16 2009, 06:27 AM
LovingDays
Oct 16 2009, 12:01 AM
hey all the haters of Danloe.Can u tell me when they had sex.Its been a longtime okay.

Go Danloe
I'm a Danloe lover, not a hater -
the last time was Feb 6th.
That's the last time he's had sex, PERIOD.
What a horndog! ^_^
On-screen that is. As far as we know they could have fucked off-scren since than. And compared to many other characters that haven't had sex/love scenes for years it looks like he's more of a horndog.
If characters only had sex on screen then Abe & Lexie must be in a real rut. No wonder Lexie strays.
:roflol: :roflol:

Man oh man, I wanted to put a muzzle on Hope yesterday. I can't believe how poorly they are writing her. This strong, bright, beautiful woman who always seems to have her shit together is now a basket case because she feels she has lingering issues with her husband from old fights? I mean, she was presumed dead, missing for years, they've suffered all kinds of things in the past - and NOW she wants to rehash their 'trust' issues? Really, Hope? Because I remember sitting and watching you guys go over...and over...and over them just a couple of years ago. What a lame excuse for 'angst' between them - just in time for Carly to hit town. But I guess it's working because at this point I want Bo to tell his Fancy Face to not let the door hit her on the way out.

I was surprised that I enjoyed the Will/Mia scenes yesterday. I still can't understand why TS is so hot and cold - but she seemed to be warm in these scenes. She made it very believable - at least for me. But as far as the teens go, CD is doing a hell of a job playing Chad. I thought he was great - and definitely held his own with JS and AZ. Great scenes with them. I'm still kind of over EJ moping and Nicole weeping - but I liked the dynamic when Nicole walked in to the rumpus room to find EJ standing there with Chad. She was instantly in protective mode and not as whiny. Very refreshing.

Everything else was okay, I suppose. Rafe's rescue of Carly was kind of laughable...but I expected that. I do like the Omar guy, though - it might be nice if they keep him around for a while.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

speechless
Oct 17 2009, 09:27 PM
Marian
Oct 17 2009, 09:21 PM
In one breath he says he wants Sydney in his life but not Nicole and in the next breath he tells her to leave and to take 'THAT' with her?! What the?!!!

I have always been THE BIGGEST Ejami fan out. Friday just threw me.

Before Friday, I wanted Sami to tell EJ that she had his child at his wedding. I CONVINCED myself that Sami kept her baby a secret because she was scared of Stefano's influence, especially after the run in they had at the cemetary when she was still pregnant. I kept dreaming and hoping for an Ejami reunion... And then EJ had to ruin everything by referring to Sydney as 'THAT'.

He's no man. I no longer have any sympathy for him. His attractiveness just disappeared in that instance. I agree with Sami telling him that she'd do it all again - keeping the baby from him. Look at his treatment of Sydney in all this. If I'd had a baby with him, I wouldn't want him influencing my child either.
I did not like him calling Sydney "THAT" but I get it..it's his defense mechanism. He is hurt and the child whom he loved is basically being taken away from him. Chad turns up and wants his child..like EJ says he gets that he understands Chad being lied to by Mia but Chad has the chance to be with his daughter while EJ does not (as far as they all know). He had to convince Nicole that he wanted her out of his life and that to continue to use Sydney as a scapegoat would no longer work. He had to be cold...heck that's what EJ is to people once they turn on him. COLD. ....it's like I said his defense mechanism. ITA though it still sucked...LOL
Great post, Speech!

I hated it, too - but given EJ's current state of mind (and the shitty way they've insisted on writing him in this) I think it fits. He wasn't saying it to hurt Sydney - it was intended to be a shot at Nicole. I found it mildly interesting that Nicole didn't so much as seem to blink about it. If the father of my child, adopted, stolen or otherwise, ever referred to it as a "that" you can bet your ass I'd have a few choice words for him. Nicole just simpered off.

The way they are writing both EJ and Nicole in this part of the reveal makes it hard to recognize or sympathize with either character. In fact, I'd like to volunteer to just take Sydney away from all these nut cases and raise her as my own. ^_^

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply