Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog:Hanging out with Ari Zucker; **updated with part 2**
Topic Started: Oct 11 2009, 08:25 PM (1,761 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hanging Out with Arianne Zucker - Part One
October 09, 2:59 PM

If you're as much of a "Days of our Lives" fan as I am, you've been enjoying what you are seeing on your television screens. That is mostly to the credit of James Scott and Arianne Zucker. These two actors have been on fire with their scenes and I can promise you all that they are just going to get better.

Posted Image

I wanted to sit down and chat with Ari and talk about her current heavy storyline and how much her character has evolved throughout the years in Salem. Keeping in mind that Ari is one of the most sincere actresses I've ever met in this business, it's always a pleasure to sit down and catch up. She's always welcoming and while interviewing her, you can't help but forget that you're there doing a job and not just having a conversation with a friend you haven't seen in awhile. Hope you enjoy the first half of my interview and look forward to the second half next week!

Days Insider: Do you prefer emotional storylines like the one you are currently working with or more of the lighter stuff that you had earlier?

Ari: I think it depends on what the story is and how you are going to take it and run with it. I love a challenge, but the fluffy stuff is fun and it's a nice comedy relief for us, because we don't get to do a lot of comedy on soaps. But, as an actress, throw whatever you got at me. Challenge me.

Days Insider: The scenes that you and James have been shooting have been amazing. Do you do a lot of rehearsing beforehand, or just go with your emotions as soon as you start filming?

Ari: I think now that James and I have worked so much together, we have earned a certain amount of trust with one another. We'll discuss certain things about the scenes, because we both come in with strong ideas. We try not to tell each other what we will do, just go with it. Not a lot of actors are like that, they like to be more prepared. Of course, when the scene calls for something physical, you have plan ahead. But, when it comes to emotional fights, I'd like to think we both like to surprise each other. There have been times when I'm like, "Woah, I didn't see that coming," and then I throw it right back at him.

Days Insider: How have has it been acting with the babies? (Sydney is played by twins.)

Ari: You have to make sure you have a connection with them outside work, and I spend time with them. I play with them beforehand, just to get them comfortable with me. That really helps, because now whichever baby I have a scene with, she just comes to me. Boy do they let us know when it's time for a break, but most of the time, they are a dream to work with and I feel fortunate that they like me.

Hope you enjoyed the first half of my interview with the always-lovely Arianne Zucker. Make sure to check back next week as Ari talks more about dealing with emotional scenes and one of her favorite storylines of all time. In the meantime, feel free to share with me your favorite Nicole Walker DiMera moments throughout the years on Days of our Lives.

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/insider/2009/10/hanging-out-with-arianne-zuker---part-one/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YES! Another person to add to the AZ fan club!!!!!

This past week has been an acting clinic conducted by AZ and JS! This is why I love this pairing! I love that they take chances and it shows because so many people are saying that DAYS rocked because of these two!

I can't wait for more this week and thanks for posting the interview!
LOVE that pic!

Nicole Walker

They are so beautiful together and what really makes JS and AZ so great is that these two flow so well with each other it's amazing.

lastDays
Member Avatar

I commend Ari for her acting,but cannot stand Nicole.Shes the most vile character on Days.She has runined every life that comes into contact with her.I would enjoy a "who dunnit" mystery murder with Nicole as the corpse

ilovemydays

Short but sweet! I really enjoyed that interview and I can't wait for the second part. I loved hearing about how she works with James. You can tell that they trust each other's talent because it shows through in their amazing scenes together. Ari and those little girls are just adorable to watch.

I've given up watching every other soap but thanks to Ari's talent and Nicole's compelling story DOOL is still "must see TV".

Alligato
Member Avatar

DOOL is still must see TV for me too...and mostly because of AZ and JS! I haven't been so excited to see what happens in a story for so long!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Alligato
Oct 12 2009, 01:48 PM
DOOL is still must see TV for me too...and mostly because of AZ and JS! I haven't been so excited to see what happens in a story for so long!
I agree!

daisy132

I love Ari both on and off screen. She's a fantastic actress and I agree that she is very well matched with James acting wise. I enjoy their scenes immensely and they made Days tolerable for the past year and a bit.

I don't like Ejole as a couple, but despite that, I watched all of their scenes because of the actors and what they bring to the table (well, almost all, I skipped the romantic ones). Which is more than I can say for the other contrived couple.
Edited by daisy132, Oct 12 2009, 01:55 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Hanging Out with Arianne Zucker - Part Two
October 13, 2:11 PM

I hope you enjoyed the first half of my interview with Ari and I'm sure by now, you can see why she's such a great person to sit and talk to. She's just as friendly as she is beautiful and even when playing the woman you want to hate, there is a little part of you that can't help but sympathize with her character and her quest for love and family. Now on to the second part of my interview:

Posted Image

Days Insider: Are you getting any advice here about motherhood? (For the few of you who do not know, Ari is pregnant in real life.)

Ari: Yes, yes, yes! I really enjoy the advice, too. I love being around children, but still haven't had one of my own, yet. I used to work at a mommy and me-like gymnastics class when I was 17, my high school sweetheart got me the job, and talk about a rewarding job. I taught four month olds to seven year olds in different levels of classes. I felt that gave me a good boost into a little of what motherhood is like. I have my personal ideas of what kind of mother I'd like to be and I've talked to my girlfriends on their own mothering skills. I'll lift ideas from them on certain things. I do know for sure I believe in setting your kids up to succeed. I try to be as positive of a person as I can, already, when I wake up day to day, and I want to inject that into my daughter and future children, you know, in case if I have a litter; then again, I don't know how work will feel with me carrying a litter! It's always great to ask for advice, because how else are you going to learn anything?

Days Insider: Are there any secrets to handling such emotionally heavy scenes like the ones you have been dealing with recently?

Ari: I don't know if it's as much of a secret, as it is just being prepared as an actor in this kind of genre. We have film actors come here and say to us they don't get how we can do this level of acting day to day. It's easier when you have a short stint on our show. I think the only secret is to know your lines every day. If you have to keep thinking about what your next line is going to be, how are you going to be able to pull an emotion in, too? As tough of a teacher as he was, I got that from Stephen Book, who is a really great teacher and he's so right. You think about memorizing your lines and sure, as an actor, of course you have to do that, but he always said, "If you don't know the words, you CANNOT play." That's been stuck in my head since his classes. Then, here, when you start doing the scenes it all comes together. The group of actors I work with are wonderful, we go to lunch together, we hang out after work together, and the trust has been established; I think that's when those tough scenes really take off. That's the secret, I guess. It was a long story and don't know if there was a definite answer in there, but there you go!

Days Insider: We have seen your character evolve throughout the years in Salem, do you have a favorite storyline of all time?

Ari: The run right now is by far my favorite. But, if I was to go and look back at storylines, I can say I loved working with John Aniston. I loved our scenes. Once we established who we were, those fighting scenes were great. His one-liners were classic and the constant bickering was so much fun. John is such a funny man and he delivers the best funniest jokes as Victor Kiriakis, while keeping a straight face. I couldn't tell a joke as good as him to save my life, because he's so good at it. Looking back, I think our characters were married for four years, so anything that had to do with John Aniston is one of my best times. During those years, I loved when Nicole was trying to sneak out through her bedroom window and Victor catches her and walks up to me and I'm thinking he's going to yank me back in, but instead he pushed me right out the window. All of this rehearsed, of course, but the look on his face when he does it was priceless. I felt like a cartoon character in that scene.

As always, thanks for checking out the blog and leaving your comments about the interview. As promised, you are in for some fabulous scenes involving Ari, James, and Alison that will keep you glued to your television screens for days to come.

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/insider/2009/10/hanging-out-with-arianne-zuker---part-two/

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Awwww...love the photo - she is so beautiful and her baby bump is precious. Thanks for posting, Angie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YAY!!! I love that pic.....hope she has a smooth delivery!
She IS DAYS for me!

Thanks for posting the second part!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh my gosh, she is beautiful! That is an awesome picture.

She is so cool, and I love to hear her honesty and what she has to say about her coworkers and just hearing her as a person.
It makes all of our little disagreements on this site rather silly. It's a good job and all of the actors are having so much fun with it yet we take it so seriously. LOL! I guess that means they are doing something right.

angmc
Member Avatar

She looks beautiful and has been glowing since the news came out! I bet she could dress Nicole better than the show has lately.
Edited by angmc, Oct 13 2009, 09:56 PM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

AZ does look beautiful. She really just glows. How many women can look so beautiful while pregnant?

I really hate Nicole but AZ is so talented, witty and seems genuinely nice.

Nice article!

thanks Angie

aimees76
Member Avatar

Love it! She looks gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

AZ looks stunning in that picture! Pregnancy really suits her!! Thanks for posting!

ladykj
Member Avatar

I love the actress, but hate the character. Ari is so nice. And she is beautiful to boot.

Thanks for posting.

speechless
Member Avatar

thanks 4 posting...Love Ari..hate Nicole...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

New pic:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply