Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stefano fights for Nicole and Sydney; October 27th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Oct 14 2009, 10:48 PM (4,440 Views)
Nicole Walker

^My only problem is that Nicole holds back with EJ. I don't know if it's because she feels guilty or what but I noticed ever since Nicole got pregnant she started becoming more passive. I don't like it, I want the spitfire that would throw a vase at EJ's head and knock his azz out. I need her back.

Why would Stefano pump his fist for Sami? She tried to keep EJ from his child and Stefano from his grandchild. It makes sense he'd root for the woman that wanted Sydney to be raised with her father rather than one who didn't although how Nicole went about it was wrong.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 14 2009, 11:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Oct 14 2009, 11:24 PM
I just want to know why Stefano isn't scary or menacing anymore. Where did his dark side go? Why has he been neutered like this? And why is he always battling some sort of health issue? It's old.
He still is at times. It's just that the show doesn't beat us over the head with it anymore and they've humanized him, which was sorely needed. I mean, the man is old. The uber-villain thing can only go so far if you want to make him an actual character and not a gimmick and Stefano was becoming that. He got watered down so badly and I'm glad the show took the approach it did with him. He's real now. You know as a viewer what he is capable of but it's a natural progression. He's all about living his life and especially all about family now and family is what drives him, which is why I understand why he is doing all this. As Mason said, this is about Sydney.

I still recall what Stefano said about Sami years ago (think it was in the 90's). He basically said that he admired "her work" so to speak and you could tell he always felt she was a threat. I think he knows she won't back down. He just doesn't want to have to deal with her. It's not a fear thing as much as he doesn't want to have EJ or himself deal with it. He's seen what happened with Johnny and would rather have Nicole because she lets EJ do what he wants and lets him be active in Sydney's life. Sami has always been able to influence EJ and tries to change him. Stefano doesn't want that.

This all sounds good. Good to see Stefano being manipulative.

Mindy
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 14 2009, 11:38 PM
^My only problem is that Nicole holds back with EJ. I don't know if it's because she feels guilty or what but I noticed ever since Nicole got pregnant she started becoming more passive. I don't like it, I want the spitfire that would throw a vase at EJ's head and knock his azz out. I need her back.
IA. I want the spitfire Nicole that I've always loved to come back. Although, I think it's safe to say that love weakens you. Nicole is human and she's in love for the first time. I expect the longer EJ leaves her out in the cold, the tougher she'll get. Even now she's more focused on Syd than she is with him. I think this tough love he's giving her will bite him one day.....really hard.

Nicole Walker

Well I want some of that aggressiveness back so hopefully we get it when this crap is over with.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera

Why would Stefano pump his fist for Sami? She tried to keep EJ from his child and Stefano from his grandchild. It makes sense he'd root for the woman that wanted Sydney to be raised with her father rather than one who didn't although how Nicole went about it was wrong.
Nicole's guilt has changed her personality.

PR, I agree they've humanized Stefano more, I just don't think they've quite found there groove with him yet tho. I wish they would use some of the old Stefano-Sami interactions as flashbacks. I remember one scene in particular where he is looking at her in admiration.

speechless
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera

Honestly he should not be happy with either Sami or Nicole. They both lied to his son. Stefano is about family as we all know so if he was written true to character these days he would have already had Sydney kidnapped or something and gotten rid of Nicole or he would have known from the get go that Sami was preggers the writers seemed to be goign that way when Sami met Stefano in the cemetery way back when.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

PhoenixRising05
Oct 14 2009, 11:42 PM
I still recall what Stefano said about Sami years ago (think it was in the 90's). He basically said that he admired "her work" so to speak and you could tell he always felt she was a threat. I think he knows she won't back down. He just doesn't want to have to deal with her.
Bless you for bringing this up. I loved that and always hoped it would lead to SOMETHING more. Like Sami turning against her family to become the Dimera queen. But if we can pretend to tie his actions back to that...I'll take it. Thanks!

As far as Stefano being menacing- for me there's no going back after Santo/Colleen and young Stefano all pissy because his father cheated on his mother...or didn't...or something. And that was the motive for, like 5 decades of anti-Brady machinations. It's just...his whole being to me is pathetic. Get the f- over it, y'know?

His constant illness is a way of representing the degradation of his soul over time as he quested for...whatever the hell it was. To get revenge on the spawn of his father and some irritating nun, or whatever that was.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I still recall what Stefano said about Sami years ago (think it was in the 90's). He basically said that he admired "her work" so to speak and you could tell he always felt she was a threat. I think he knows she won't back down.
LoL, I remember that. Wasn't it when Stefano was watching Sami on a hidden camera shortly after Roman came back to Salem in 1997? He was like, "Brava, brava! What do you have in store for us next, little Sami?" Kristen was pissed because Stefano gave her so much credit for being able to keep her man while Kristen lost hers, LoL. I loved that scene.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Oct 15 2009, 01:15 AM
PhoenixRising05
I still recall what Stefano said about Sami years ago (think it was in the 90's). He basically said that he admired "her work" so to speak and you could tell he always felt she was a threat. I think he knows she won't back down. He just doesn't want to have to deal with her.
Bless you for bringing this up. I loved that and always hoped it would lead to SOMETHING more. Like Sami turning against her family to become the Dimera queen. But if we can pretend to tie his actions back to that...I'll take it. Thanks!

As far as Stefano being menacing- for me there's no going back after Santo/Colleen and young Stefano all pissy because his father cheated on his mother...or didn't...or something. And that was the motive for, like 5 decades of anti-Brady machinations. It's just...his whole being to me is pathetic. Get the f- over it, y'know?

His constant illness is a way of representing the degradation of his soul over time as he quested for...whatever the hell it was. To get revenge on the spawn of his father and some irritating nun, or whatever that was.
Sami marrying a Dimera had so much potential. As the Brady family black sheep, it made all the sense in the world. The show threw all that away during the feud story. I didn't mind that story as much as others but it could've been done so much better and it pretty much squandered what could've been one hell of a story with Sami being married to a Dimera. I feel like Kate's current story is exactly what Sami's should've been. Forced by her own actions into marrying into the Dimera family and having everyone turn her back on her as a result...that would've been perfect for Sami a few years ago.

I agree with you on your other points.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Oct 15 2009, 01:33 AM
PhoenixRising05
I still recall what Stefano said about Sami years ago (think it was in the 90's). He basically said that he admired "her work" so to speak and you could tell he always felt she was a threat. I think he knows she won't back down.
LoL, I remember that. Wasn't it when Stefano was watching Sami on a hidden camera shortly after Roman came back to Salem in 1997? He was like, "Brava, brava! What do you have in store for us next, little Sami?" Kristen was pissed because Stefano gave her so much credit for being able to keep her man while Kristen lost hers, LoL. I loved that scene.
That was one of them. I loved that scene too!

I think there were a few other instances though. I believe there was one around the time of J&M's affair coming out. Not too sure on that but I do know it was around the time Sami was coming into her own as a schemer. I could be wrong and it could just be the one scene you described but I seem to recall different scenes (in addition to the ones over the last few years) where Stefano basically admired Sami and what she brought to the table. I think he thought of her in the same vein as John. With John, he respected him. He was a worthy adversary. I think he feels the same about Sami. I think he may have felt she would be a perfect Dimera at one point but that may be what troubles him. He knows what she is capable of. She won't back down. She's not the typical Brady and she has a hold on EJ that seems to never waver. She can get him to change his ways and steer away from Stefano and the Dimera family as the drop of a hat. He knows Sami could cost him EJ, Johnny, and Sydney. Hell, he barely sees Johnny as it is. As I said, I don't think he fears her. He would just rather not deal with her.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 15 2009, 01:42 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Oct 15 2009, 01:40 AM
I think he may have felt she would be a perfect Dimera at one point but that may be what troubles him. He knows what she is capable of. She won't back down. She's not the typical Brady and she has a hold on EJ that seems to never waver. She can get him to change his ways and steer away from Stefano and the Dimera family as the drop of a hat. He knows Sami could cost him EJ, Johnny, and Sydney. Hell, he barely sees Johnny as it is. As I said, I don't think he fears her. He would just rather not deal with her.
I don't agree that Sami has some unwavering hold on EJ or that that's what Stefano fears. If he thought that I doubt he would have come up with the idea to break up Rafe and Sami. He didn't seem too worried that Sami being free would lead to her having free time to muck with EJ's life and influence him and try to get him to break with his family, and in fact she didn't. I think, as Mason mentioned originally, this is all about Sydney and trying to keep her without having to reveal his own involvement. Stefano knows that Sami had every intention of keeping her child from EJ forever. That's enough for him to not want Sami to know about Sydney.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 15 2009, 07:59 AM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 15 2009, 01:40 AM
I think he may have felt she would be a perfect Dimera at one point but that may be what troubles him. He knows what she is capable of. She won't back down. She's not the typical Brady and she has a hold on EJ that seems to never waver. She can get him to change his ways and steer away from Stefano and the Dimera family as the drop of a hat. He knows Sami could cost him EJ, Johnny, and Sydney. Hell, he barely sees Johnny as it is. As I said, I don't think he fears her. He would just rather not deal with her.
I don't agree that Sami has some unwavering hold on EJ or that that's what Stefano fears. If he thought that I doubt he would have come up with the idea to break up Rafe and Sami. He didn't seem too worried that Sami being free would lead to her having free time to muck with EJ's life and influence him and try to get him to break with his family, and in fact she didn't. I think, as Mason mentioned originally, this is all about Sydney and trying to keep her without having to reveal his own involvement. Stefano knows that Sami had every intention of keeping her child from EJ forever. That's enough for him to not want Sami to know about Sydney.
I agree and I think that even Nicole told Stefano that Sami was dangerous b/c she was fighting for her child ( when EJ was keeping Johnny from her).
And I am with you on the part about breaking up Sami and EJ. I don't think Stefano was afraid of Sami going after EJ again-- Nicole was. He just wanted to get rid of Rafe and ruin his life by getting Sami away from him.
Stefano wants to hold on to Sydney and if he can manage to keep Nicole with EJ in the meantime, I think he will settle for that, too. No way does he want Sami with EJ.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 14 2009, 10:48 PM
EJ argues that Sydney is not a DiMera by blood
This is driving me up the wall. It makes me want EJ to suddenly discover he was actually biologically Susan's and Bart's or something.

Thanks, Ellie!

lastDays
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 14 2009, 10:53 PM
I hate that Stefano has been turned into Nicole's prop. It pisses me off, LoL. I could understand him helping Kristen like this, because she was his daughter and Stefano wanted Marlena for his own. But helping Nicole like this? At the detriment of his own son? I just don't buy it. Not for a second.
So do I.Stefano wants Nicole to be his daughter in law at all costs? Even losing his son?I don't see whats so special about Nicle to be worth it.I know some will argue his motivation is Sami,but Nicole has done far worse than Sami ever did.The writers should never have had Stefano find out about Sydney's true mother in the first place
Edited by lastDays, Oct 16 2009, 07:13 AM.

Can403

Mason
Oct 14 2009, 10:59 PM
Kenny
Oct 14 2009, 10:53 PM
I hate that Stefano has been turned into Nicole's prop. It pisses me off, LoL. I could understand him helping Kristen like this, because she was his daughter and Stefano wanted Marlena for his own. But helping Nicole like this? At the detriment of his own son? I just don't buy it. Not for a second.
I don't think Stefano would be fighting this hard for Nicole if he wasn't worried about losing Sydney to Sami once the truth about what Nicole did comes out. To me, it's more about Sydney than it is about Nicole, even though Stefano obviously has a fondness for her.

It's the fact that Stefano is actually worried about Sami that I don't buy.
I agree; it is more about Sydney than it is about Nicole although, it is quite clear that Stefano does like Nicole. I actually like this storyline.

What I don't buy is Stefano hanging out at the Brady pub after making their lives miserable for almost 25 yrs. I still remember in late/2008 when Stefano was hanging out at the Brady pub and complaining about Irish cream in his coffee LoL.

cassie1013

^ That's such bullshit, I agree. If you hate someone, why would you go to their friggin' restaurant?! It's like there's no where else to go in town, LOL...but then that leads into the argument of what these billionaires are doing the dinky town of Salem, anyway.

Gina
Member Avatar

I'm sure Nicole wron't get married to Stephano for a long time....he just married Kate.
Love the info., thank's for posting Ellie!!!! Stephano NEVER dies!!!!! 'The Phoenix keeps rising'.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply