Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Philip finds out about Nathan and Melanie!; October 27th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Oct 14 2009, 11:23 PM (3,537 Views)
SoapFan82

Angie79
Oct 14 2009, 11:26 PM
They need to get Phillip away from Melanie and Stephanie. Phillip fighting for a teenager is ridiculous!
They need to put Phillip with an age appropriate female character. The fact that they have him chasing after a young girl who isn't old enough to consume a glass of wine makes him look like a joke. :embarrassed:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I still look at Phillip like a Last Blast Teen and place his age around 27 but he's most likely 30 since they had their high school reunion when Chloe returned which was probablly 3 yrs ago but feels like just yesterday to me. Phillip has always been a spoiled brat and didn't mature in my eyes until Kyle played him. Yes, Philip has a lot of life experience but is still immature with daddy issues. Melanie is sophisticated but immature also, with daddy issues. Not to mention JKJ looks very young to me, but I guess he's older than James Scott. Therefore Phelony isn't too far fetched for me to buy.

I will agree there are a million reasons why these two shouldn't be together but that's the type of couple I like. Nathan and Melanie are cute together, arent offensive in the least, they probablly should be together but that's like plain toast. Besides the age difference thing, there aren't too many reasons why the current couples on the show shouldn't be together. I guess Danloe had a taboo thing going on with the illicit affair but that's over with now. Safe & Brianna have different skin tones, but culture isn't even an issue with these pairings. I dont understand why they didn't go full steam ahead with the Romeo & Juliet angle that Ejami had built into it but instead paired up the two runway models. The future Theo will be interesting as far as seeing how an Autistic man would find love but the character will most likely be off screen by then. all the couples they have on now look like they should be together--blaah.

Diamonde
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 14 2009, 11:27 PM
Mason
Oct 14 2009, 11:24 PM
I like the Nathan/Melanie pairing. I wish they would keep Philip/Stephanie the hell away from them.
Exactly. WTF does 30 something year old Philip care about Nathan and Melanie. It's ridiculous.

But I do enjoy Nelanie. :)
Yeah I know! :angry: Just because Stephanie won't take him back doesn't mean you go screw up Melanie's relationship with Nathan.

cassie1013

Phillip isn't 30 something... More like 27ish. Didn't they grad high school in 2002? That would make him almost 26. They just make the characters act older than they are (such as getting married at 21 etc.).

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

cassie1013
Oct 18 2009, 03:27 PM
Phillip isn't 30 something... More like 27ish. Didn't they grad high school in 2002? That would make him almost 26. They just make the characters act older than they are (such as getting married at 21 etc.).
Chloe returned to the show in 2007 for their reunion which would have had to be up to 10 years so Philip could easily be 30. Even if he is "only" 25, he's still more mature then Melanie. Hell, I would say Mia is more mature then Melanie given she's holding down a real job and had to give up her own baby. These are the type of life lessons that can possibly let a young person be "maturer" then their real age. But now I'm sure I've just given TPTB the idea to let Philip dump Melanie for the likes of Mia. They have a weird sickness.

Regardless, JKJ is over 30 and while he looks young, I refuse to accept a man who has gone to war twice, lost a leg, gave up his own child voluntarily, been married once, had an affair, and been in a mafia war would have anything to do with a GIRL like Melanie.

Mason
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Oct 18 2009, 03:27 PM
SORAS-ing doesn't end at the teenage stage.

jam6242
Member Avatar

So coworkers at University Hospital can no longer date but doctors & patients can???? :huh:

michelle
Member Avatar

I thought Bo was at least 26-27 when he and Hope first got together. Wasn't he the same age as Steve Johnson? I thought that was why Doug had the heart attack - here's this older guy, a harley riding, ex-merchant marine all tattooed up and he's hot for his baby girl...

I like Nathan and Melanie (shocked that I actually like her after hating her for so many months) but I can see Phil's attraction, especially after the self-righteous lecturing of Saint Stephanie.

Melanie likes him for him, although who wouldn't - let's be real.

He probably finds her cute and half decent in the sack. What more could a guy want?

esp13
Member Avatar

I love all the assumptions that Melanie likes Philip "for him." Where is the evidence for that? She certainly didn't like him when he screwed her and then dumped her the next day. I don't think she much cared for him when he was trying to take the AFP project away from her. She certainly didn't like him when he turned her in regarding planting Trent's wallet on Stephanie. The only thing that supports the idea that "she likes him for him" is that she doesn't have a problem with his criminal lifestyle. I never that that was the sum total of Philip. Plus, I wonder just how long that acceptance would last if she were the target for a change.

Quote:

I thought Bo was at least 26-27 when he and Hope first got together. Wasn't he the same age as Steve Johnson? I thought that was why Doug had the heart attack - here's this older guy, a harley riding, ex-merchant marine all tattooed up and he's hot for his baby girl...

I think Bo was supposed to be in his early 20's. In the bits and pieces we got of the time when Steve and Bo were in the Merchant Marines, it was always my understanding that Steve was older than Bo by several years and was kind of a big brother figure to Bo. Plus, Bo is younger than Kayla and Kayla was never supposed to be older than Steve. Part of Doug's objections might have been that Bo was older, but I think that was because Bo was in his early 20's and Hope was still a teenager.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

esp, I think where Melanie's acceptance of Philip's ways comes into play is that they have similar moral codes. You are right on all counts about Melanie not being happy with Philip by the eg given. However, I don't think her acceptance would change if she became the victim of Phillip's criminal behavior ie if it was melanie who was thrown into a morgue drawer. Of course the future is all dependent on the stroke of a pen but my guess is that Melanie would be more resourceful when it came to being victimized. This is not a slam against Stephanie, I'm just saying Stephanie is more innocent, therefore more susceptible.

Gina
Member Avatar

I'm not a big fan of Melanie....but I prefer her with Chad over Philllip. Their relationship was indeed laughable. Phillip doesn't know what he wants.
Posted Image

~bl~
Member Avatar

Nathan and Melanie are both still students at the hospital, and have not completed training. Maybe that is why it is against the rules...or else it was just a rewrite. I do think Philip is a lot older than Melanie, but is it any stranger that her closest friend is Brady who is even older than Philip. I hope they allow Melanie to be a legal drinker soon, just because it makes things easier, and since Stephanie graduated from college so quickly, Melanie could do the very same with nursing school.

esp13
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Oct 19 2009, 06:00 PM
esp, I think where Melanie's acceptance of Philip's ways comes into play is that they have similar moral codes. You are right on all counts about Melanie not being happy with Philip by the eg given. However, I don't think her acceptance would change if she became the victim of Phillip's criminal behavior ie if it was melanie who was thrown into a morgue drawer. Of course the future is all dependent on the stroke of a pen but my guess is that Melanie would be more resourceful when it came to being victimized. This is not a slam against Stephanie, I'm just saying Stephanie is more innocent, therefore more susceptible.
You might be right about Melanie being more accepting even if she were thrown in a morgue drawer, I just don't think it's the given that others seem to think it is. I also don't think she "accepts" Philip for who he is any more than Stephanie does, she just has different issues. I think, just like Stephanie, she loves/is attracted to the Philip she wants to see, not the real deal. But, that's probably just me.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Which issues would that be? Are you talking about Phillip treating Melanie like shit half the time? I could see her not accepting that as she gets older.

Phillip does have different sides to him (like you posted earlier) and the women pick which sides of the coin they want to focus in on. I don't know that Melanie necessarily loves Phillip but she is certainly attracted to him.

It will be interesting to see how they play this quad out because as it is now both Nathan and Phillip would drop Melanie in a hot second if they had a chance with Stephanie. I don't think Nathan would even look back but Phillip on the other hand would.

esp13
Member Avatar

Philip treating Melanie like shit half the time is certainly one of the issues. I also have no idea why Melanie cares about Philip. That was always a criticism of Stephanie and Philip (why do they care about each other) and it applies equally to Melanie and Philip. Setting aside the physical attraction (which I don't understand at all, but I'll accept that the writers have told us exists), what else is there? Melanie's original interest was founded upon Philip's money and power. Then they added her rivalry with Stephanie. But that was it. I'll concede they developed some kind of friendship when Stephanie was kidnapped, but I guess I've seen very little evidence that Melanie knows/cares about Philip the person, instead of Philip the Kiriakis heir and Titan CEO.

Of course, I have the same criticism of Melanie's interest in Nathan. I have no idea why she likes him beyond the fact that he is cute. I have more understanding of Melanie's friendship with Brady than I do her relationship with either Philip or Nathan.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Hmmm...that's a good question. Mainly its for the reasons you outlined; phillip is good looking, rich, powerful, older which plays into daddy Trent and cocky. Obviously Melanie's physically attracted to him and Phillip oddly enough seems attracted to her to too, not only in the writing but in the way JKJ interacts with MB, granted he's not going to slobber all over himself for her. Melanie doesn't fit his image of what his woman should look like or even act like. . However, Phillip likes the way Melanie looks at him, it feeds his ego. Of course Stephanie's attracted to him too but she's constantly on him about morals (because they are in an actual relationship) which makes him feel bad. Phillip doesn't like to feel bad. He also isn't your typical villian, he's very similar to Sami in that they both want to be good but their selfish nature, their mommy/daddy issues pop up and steer them in the wrong direction. Both Sami and Phillip dont dream about being with the bad boy or bad girl but in Phillip's case he almost can't help it due to the prinipal of people being attracted to what they know...what they grew up with. In Phillip's case, Melanie is similar to mommy Kate.

As for what Melanie sees in Nathan, I think it's just what you mention and I think he fits another ideal image of a good man and they have the medical profession in common, not to mention living together and caring about Maggie. The relationship is new so there's not much there. Nathan sees a fun girl, who crushes on him which feeds his ego and they shared the experience of saving Chloe. Also, it's kind of a 'why not' reason why they are dating.

Nathan & Stephanie don't really have to much to go on because they hardly know each other but their morality matches a little better, they work together, have charity work in common and mainly they both light up like christmas trees when they see one another.
Edited by Halloween Family, Oct 19 2009, 09:22 PM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

speechless
Oct 14 2009, 11:37 PM
I am torn I like Mel and Nathan and Mel with Philip even though they are both too old for her!
Go with the chemistry, Mel and Phil.

Phil is definitly older but he's not that much older than Nathan.

Melanie and Nathan are all sweetness and sugar but that isn't what Melanie should be. I don't want Melanie changed. I didn't see anything wrong with her when she first joined. I loved her brutal honesty and her selfish streak.

Nathan and Stephanie are perfect together and neither have to change for each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply