Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of October 26th; *UPDATED 10/24*
Topic Started: Oct 15 2009, 12:04 AM (13,997 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Oct 22 2009, 01:10 AM
Pregnant or not, Sami is by far one of the worst dressed characters on this show. They can never get it right with her. Some of the things they put her in are terrible for her body type.
I kind of think that's intentional. They used to dress her really over the top trashy, and it went with the character. She's not classy and never has been. She's also not particularly self aware (be it about body type or anything), so to have her dressing like she is wouldn't fit the character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angmc
Member Avatar

kitkat
Oct 24 2009, 03:33 PM
Angie79
Oct 24 2009, 01:39 PM
Thursday, October 29th
Nicole is served papers for a DNA test on Sydney by Chad; Carly goes to check on Rafe and realizes he is gone; Stephanie warns Philip not to get in between Melanie and Nathan; EJ tells Sami to stay away from his father.
All I want for Christmas is not EJAMI, for the reason of Thursday's spoiler. Now Monday, according to Days Cafe, EJ warns Sami about being too friendly with Nicole, that they do share a child.... So first he tells her who to be friends with. Then Thursday he tells her to stay away from his father, so he's not only gonna tell her who to be friends with, but who she can talk to :sheep: , I don't care how he tells her or why he tells her. I just cannot swallow this man trying to control her :hypnotize: , let's not make Sami, wimpy wimpy wimpy...
Based on AS's interview, it sounds like EJ defends her to Stefano and they have a nice moment :wub: EJ knows Sami and doesn't try to control her. And as for Days Cafe.... :shame:

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

kitkat
Angie79
Thursday, October 29th
Nicole is served papers for a DNA test on Sydney by Chad; Carly goes to check on Rafe and realizes he is gone; Stephanie warns Philip not to get in between Melanie and Nathan; EJ tells Sami to stay away from his father.
All I want for Christmas is not EJAMI, for the reason of Thursday's spoiler. Now Monday, according to Days Cafe, EJ warns Sami about being too friendly with Nicole, that they do share a child.... So first he tells her who to be friends with. Then Thursday he tells her to stay away from his father, so he's not only gonna tell her who to be friends with, but who she can talk to :sheep: , I don't care how he tells her or why he tells her. I just cannot swallow this man trying to control her :hypnotize: , let's not make Sami, wimpy wimpy wimpy...
Of course, because snorefest Rafe only wants to control what she knows and when she finds it out. Hmmm, and do I remember him telling Sami she shouldn't be friendly with EJ or Nicole? I think I did. On that score they are both as bad as each other.............and Sami never listens anyway, lol!

As for Sami being wimpy, I've never seen as needy or such a crybaby as they wrote her earlier this year. The only way is up imo, on that front.

So you don't want an Ejami Christmas. Fine. Enjoy the snorefest while it lasts.

Me? I'll be holding out for an Ejami New Year. :wink:

lysie
Member Avatar

angmc
Oct 24 2009, 03:51 PM
kitkat
Angie79
Thursday, October 29th
Based on AS's interview, it sounds like EJ defends her to Stefano and they have a nice moment :wub: EJ knows Sami and doesn't try to control her. And as for Days Cafe.... :shame:
He has controlled her with lies, manipulations, and court orders since they met.

Mason
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 24 2009, 04:02 PM
He has controlled her with lies, manipulations, and court orders since they met.
Seriously. I'm certainly no fan of Safe, but let's not pretend that E.J. hasn't been playing mind games (and that's just the least of it) with Sami since the minute he stepped foot in Salem.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 24 2009, 04:07 PM
lysie
Seriously. I'm certainly no fan of Safe, but let's not pretend that E.J. hasn't been playing mind games (and that's just the least of it) with Sami since the minute he stepped foot in Salem.
I don't disagree, but lets also not pretend that Sami hasn't been doing a fair bit of the same and she's a big girl, who can look after herself.

She usually gives as good as she gets.......if not more!
Edited by UKDaysFan, Oct 24 2009, 04:23 PM.

kitkat
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Oct 24 2009, 04:16 PM
Mason
lysie
I don't disagree, but lets also not pretend that Sami hasn't been doing a fair bit of the same and she's a big girl, who can look after herself.

She usually gives as good as she gets.......if not more!
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: I wrote a comment and deleted it...I wonder what the new plan is with Stefano & Nicole, deny everything...
Edited by kitkat, Oct 24 2009, 05:02 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

kitkat
Angie79
Thursday, October 29th
I've seen Monday's episode and what EJ tells Sami is if she wants to be friends with Nicole - fine - but for the sake of their son he wants her to care about his feelings, too. He explains to her that he doesn't want Johnny to watch his parents tearing themselves apart. Sami tells EJ that she is thinking about him - not Johnny. She is clearly worried about how much pain he'll be in over losing Sydney and is trying to get him to see it.

As for telling her to stay away from Stefano, since he defends her to him and they share a close moment afterward (per the article) my guess is this is part of that. Doesn't sound like a control issue to me...particularly since AS was the one quoted saying "there IS something there" between them. :shrug:

The beauty of EJami is regardless of how much they've done to hurt one another they still get each other. They don't kowtow - they both give as good as they get. Sami doesn't wimper and cower to EJ - and he (usually) see right through her schemes. On Monday he figures out pretty quickly that Sami gave Nicole money to leave the country - and almost seems amused by her spunk - saying she is Thelma to Nicole's Louise. :lol:

Alligato
Member Avatar

I am the last person that wants to go there...seriously...but Sami wimpered and cowered to EJ all winter when she ditched her kids and kept the knowledge of a child from him.

I know people want to see EJami, and bend all of what they see to fit them, and that is fine. But she was terrified of the man as recently as 6 months ago. She hated him enough to decieve him with something he takes so much pride in. And he didn't see through it at all.

Granted, it is all but forgotten to him, but they don 't really have this amazing love story. The second time they had sex, she didn't cuddle. She embarassed him and ditched him. They have an amazing hate fest, one sided psycho affair on EJ's part, and "I can't talk about him without rolling my eyes" no respect on Sami's part. And if THAT is what gets you hot and bothered, more power to you. Just be real about it. It was hot once. Hasn't been in a long time, but sugarcoating it only makes it worse.
Just my lonely opinoin, of course. ;)

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mason
lysie
Right you are-- including not telling her his real name and really who he was for what, 7 months after he got to Salem? EJ has used blackmail and threats from day one on Sami.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 24 2009, 07:58 PM
I am the last person that wants to go there...seriously...but Sami wimpered and cowered to EJ all winter when she ditched her kids and kept the knowledge of a child from him.

I know people want to see EJami, and bend all of what they see to fit them, and that is fine. But she was terrified of the man as recently as 6 months ago. She hated him enough to decieve him with something he takes so much pride in. And he didn't see through it at all.

Granted, it is all but forgotten to him, but they don 't really have this amazing love story. The second time they had sex, she didn't cuddle. She embarassed him and ditched him. They have an amazing hate fest, one sided psycho affair on EJ's part, and "I can't talk about him without rolling my eyes" no respect on Sami's part. And if THAT is what gets you hot and bothered, more power to you. Just be real about it. It was hot once. Hasn't been in a long time, but sugarcoating it only makes it worse.
Great post...and you're not alone!
Like you said people are going to see what they want to see. Too bad that some fans can't just agree to disagree. Instead they hate and pick apart the other couples faults. I dont hate EJ & Sami because there was nothing there that interested me (actually did the opposite- made me tune out.) I do tolerate them as co-parents when they are not yelling and screaming at each other!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I don't hate EJami either.
I just don't see what is so great about them anymore. They lost whatever they had for me. Be it the writing or the actors or what, but I am not going to pretend they are still something when it just isn't there.
Just enjoy the soap and the couples for what they are...not like anyone stays together for long anyways.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato

Sami never cowered or whimpered to EJ while she was hiding her pregnancy or hiding Grace. Not once. She was indignant and surly at times - other times she was telling him and everyone who would listen what a fantastic father he is. :eyeroll:

We can all argue six ways to Sunday how Sami feels or was portrayed to feel during this switch - because it's been written all over the board. But through it all - I have never, ever seen her show any fear of EJ. His legacy...his father...his father's influence - and I'm the first to tell you how ridiculous that is considering she never misses a chance to get in Stefano's face - but never EJ.

I'm not bending anything to fit them. I see them as a compelling, exciting pairing and I always have. Not everyone does - that's cool. But don't put your disenchantment on me just because you no longer like them as a couple. Some people love Safe - I find them nauseating. Some folks adore EJole - I found them to be a tragedy. Some are still praying for Lumi - I like them as friends, nothing more. We're all real about who and what we like - just because you don't agree (anymore) doesn't make me any less honest.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato

I'm really not wanting to go here either, but I will for the sake of argument. IN MY OPINION she didn't "cower" to EJ while in witness protection, in fact, many times she told Rafe what a good father he was. She was pissed EJ when he called her and ended things, didn't seem like "cowering" to me.....she kept saying she was protecting her child from Stefano, unitl she discovered EJ was in on the shooting of Philip, then she added EJ to the mix.

In the article, AS does reference that EJ and Sami do have a moment and a connection, so I think Socr's points were based in fact, not JUST her opinion, all though she gave that as well.

I'm an EJAMI, but I'm also "real" enough to know that no couple is going to get together and stay together forever, but I do think, based on storyline that EJAMI isn't said and done.........but neither is any of the other couples that we argue over.

I'm just glad the overall show is worth watching now and I'll suffer thru the other couples during their turn and hold out hope that I'll get mine, at least for a little while. ;)

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 24 2009, 08:17 PM
Alligato

I'm really not wanting to go here either, but I will for the sake of argument. IN MY OPINION she didn't "cower" to EJ while in witness protection, in fact, many times she told Rafe what a good father he was. She was pissed EJ when he called her and ended things, didn't seem like "cowering" to me.....she kept saying she was protecting her child from Stefano, unitl she discovered EJ was in on the shooting of Philip, then she added EJ to the mix.

In the article, AS does reference that EJ and Sami do have a moment and a connection, so I think Socr's points were based in fact, not JUST her opinion, all though she gave that as well.

I'm an EJAMI, but I'm also "real" enough to know that no couple is going to get together and stay together forever, but I do think, based on storyline that EJAMI isn't said and done.........but neither is any of the other couples that we argue over.

I'm just glad the overall show is worth watching now and I'll suffer thru the other couples during their turn and hold out hope that I'll get mine, at least for a little while. ;)
I appreciate your perspective and this is one EJ & Sami post that I dont have to ignore!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I saw her cowering the whole time she was in WP...to EJ, to Stefano, to the Dimera name, whatever. My impression, my opinion, so no disenchantment on anyone. That's why I put "my opinion".

In truth, I find EJami as nauseating as some find Safe. If you want to talk boring, EJami is it. Never thought a hot couple could nosedive as bad as those two could, yet they did. Watching 2006 clips is like watching two different people.

However, like Janal said, EJami isn't said and done, EJole is certainly not over, Safe isn't done, and I would doubt Lumi is done too. And that is the way I like it. Bring all of them on, and if they can change my mind about EJami, I'd love to see it!

Thanks for your perspective, Janal!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks all!! :wub:

I figure, if tptb can break up Bope, which I think I am for (being a longtime Bope fan), any couple is fair game, and no couple will EVER be safe (no pun intended). I will, however, continue to pull for my fav's which right now consists of EJAMI and possibly Bricole (know I'm not liking the Passions redux)...I think I could like Justin & Hope and I did like Bo & Carly back in the day, so we'll see about 2.0....oh and I'm liking Nathan & Mel at the moment.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 24 2009, 08:52 PM

I figure, if tptb can break up Bope, which I think I am for (being a longtime Bope fan), any couple is fair game, and no couple will EVER be safe (no pun intended). I will, however, continue to pull for my fav's which right now consists of EJAMI and possibly Bricole (know I'm not liking the Passions redux)...I think I could like Justin & Hope and I did like Bo & Carly back in the day, so we'll see about 2.0....oh and I'm liking Nathan & Mel at the moment.

It's funny - I was so sure when they hired Lindsay Hartley they must have decided to move away from Bricole...but I mentioned in another thread the other day that it was a mistake (IMO) showing Brianna and Bricole on the same day, because the difference in chemistry was unbelievable. I've enjoyed EM and AZ together from day one. But I just don't see this legendary chemistry between EM and LH. I guess it just goes to show that chemistry has as much to do with the characters as the actors. Didn't they try teaming Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans on another soap as different characters with poor results? It seems to me the same thing is happening with EM and LH on DAYS.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 24 2009, 08:58 PM
JANALH
Oct 24 2009, 08:52 PM

It's funny - I was so sure when they hired Lindsay Hartley they must have decided to move away from Bricole...but I mentioned in another thread the other day that it was a mistake (IMO) showing Brianna and Bricole on the same day, because the difference in chemistry was unbelievable. I've enjoyed EM and AZ together from day one. But I just don't see this legendary chemistry between EM and LH. I guess it just goes to show that chemistry has as much to do with the characters as the actors. Didn't they try teaming Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans on another soap as different characters with poor results? It seems to me the same thing is happening with EM and LH on DAYS.
Yeah, I watched the train wreck of MBE & SN on GH first hand.....lighting didn't strike twice. I never watched Passions, but the only one who I like from the move is EM. I'm not sure I'll like the other two, no matter the storyline. JMO and it's subject to change, based on the story. But, I'm with you, it's all about the chemistry for me and Bricole has it circles around Brianna(??) IMO.

In another thread on here (I think) there's been talk about physical dislikes of actors, and I generally don't like to go there......but since I've been nice tonight........I'll digress............LH's lips bother me, they always looked chapped. There you go, so much for being good!! ;)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I can't speak for others but when I watched Passions and rooted for LH and EM's characters to be together, it was that I wanted the characters together not because of some crazy wild chemistry between them but because of their characters and to complete the storyline that had been the thread of the soap's entire run and even before EM started playing Ethan. Lindsay had way better chemistry with her husband when he was playing Fox Crane anyway. Yeah EM had more chemistry with LiHa than Liza Huber as Gwen, but that's not saying much because Gwen was the one you were supposed to hate.

That said, I really can't blame the actors for how crappy Brady and Arianna are so far as I think it really comes down to the story and the writers crappy character development. Whereas other stories seem to have a lot of thought and vision put into them, this one is just kind of haphazard it seems like and maybe it was because Arianna was originally supposed to be with Max and now we have this stunt recast.

It's sad to me that LH hasn't really caught on so far because IMO she was pretty compelling to watch on Passions as ridiculous as many of her stories were. Seeing her now on Days though maybe it was just the writing that made her so endearing and rootable as Theresa despite her occasional scheming and lying and vixening. Or maybe it's just the writing for Arianna is so blah with her past being so vague (rather than mysterious) and this nebulous obstacle keeping her and Brady apart rather than a clear obstacle? I don't know. I mean, yeah the Ethan-Theresa love story dragged on way way way too long and was pretty ridiculous, but it could be entertaining at times.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply