Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of October 26th; *UPDATED 10/24*
Topic Started: Oct 15 2009, 12:04 AM (14,050 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 24 2009, 11:47 PM
It's sad to me that LH hasn't really caught on so far because IMO she was pretty compelling to watch on Passions as ridiculous as many of her stories were. Seeing her now on Days though maybe it was just the writing that made her so endearing and rootable as Theresa despite her occasional scheming and lying and vixening. Or maybe it's just the writing for Arianna is so blah with her past being so vague (rather than mysterious) and this nebulous obstacle keeping her and Brady apart rather than a clear obstacle? I don't know. I mean, yeah the Ethan-Theresa love story dragged on way way way too long and was pretty ridiculous, but it could be entertaining at times.
I blame the writing for Arianna. She's just a dull character; she needs some kind of an edge. So far, there's no reason for me to be interested in Arianna or invested in the Brady/Arianna pairing. I think Lindsay Hartley is a good actress, but she's no miracle worker. There's only so much she can do with what little she's given. Frankly, I wish Arianna actually was doing drugs and selling them, instead of just being undercover. Maybe then, she'd be more interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

The thing is... she's supposed to be this undercover drug dealer but have we even ever seen her sell drugs? It's just so undeveloped.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Why do every thread have to turn into a "EJami vs current threat" thread? With current threat I mean Rafe, before it was Nicole, and before that it was Lucas.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

WOW.....I did remember SN and MBE on GH as Katherine and Stefan. I think in that case SN was brought on before for the Nicolas SL. He also was brought to really humanize Laura because Luke always put her up on this pedestal and finding out she had a son before theirs was so soapy drama. SN and GF has TONS of chemistry and I rooted for them to be together...but when youre competing against "Luke and Laura" might as well see the writing on the wall!

MBE then came in as a foil for I believe Luc?y (its been WAY too long.) She and Lucy Coe would have
these great verbal sparring matches! Laura was also jealous of SN making eyes at her. In the end, I dont know why it didnt work out? They did have chemistry, but I believe that TPTB didnt want them. So she slept with Nicolas and was killed (I believe by Alexis?)

As for Arianna. I didnt watch passions, but this actress was so hyped as the "diva" coming and the lovestory part deux here in DAYS, but frankly it feels so flat. They constantly start and stop with Brianna. One week Brady loves her, the next he could care less and is helping Nicole.

I do want to see more then friendship chemistry between Brady and Nicole but the only time I saw her actually let herself think of loving him was at the cabin, getting ready for her wedding to EJ. I just dont get why Brady came in Salem "hung up" on Nicole anyway?

I also dont like that LH looks like shes going to cry if she has a hangnail. I cannot see her playing "tough" anything! FT did have that, but fell flat in the romance scenes-very awkward!

I guess this is why I like EJ and Nicole together.

Good actors + decent writing= good couple IMO

AZ and JS have chemistry whether they argue or have sex. They also wrote them as flirty, sexy, couple in the beginning. I loved that! However, then we got bogged down in this depressing SL of babies dying, people lying, no real "good guy" except for Rafe (and hes not compelling.) That changes their relationship. I want the old Ejole back! And maybe with everything out in the open, I'll get that. If not, well, I have to move on!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Oct 25 2009, 09:55 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Oct 25 2009, 09:52 AM
WOW.....I did remember SN and MBE on GH as Katherine and Stefan. I think in that case SN was brought on before for the Nicolas SL. He also was brought to really humanize Laura because Luke always put her up on this pedestal and finding out she had a son before theirs was so soapy drama. SN and GF has TONS of chemistry and I rooted for them to be together...but when youre competing against "Luke and Laura" might as well see the writing on the wall!

MBE then came in as a foil for I believe Luc?y (its been WAY too long.) She and Lucy Coe would have
these great verbal sparring matches! Laura was also jealous of SN making eyes at her. In the end, I dont know why it didnt work out? They did have chemistry, but I believe that TPTB didnt want them. So she slept with Nicolas and was killed (I believe by Alexis?)

As for Arianna. I didnt watch passions, but this actress was so hyped as the "diva" coming and the lovestory part deux here in DAYS, but frankly it feels so flat. They constantly start and stop with Brianna. One week Brady loves her, the next he could care less and is helping Nicole.

I do want to see more then friendship chemistry between Brady and Nicole but the only time I saw her actually let herself think of loving him was at the cabin, getting ready for her wedding to EJ. I just dont get why Brady came in Salem "hung up" on Nicole anyway?

I also dont like that LH looks like shes going to cry if she has a hangnail. I cannot see her playing "tough" anything! FT did have that, but fell flat in the romance scenes-very awkward!

AZ and JS have chemistry whether they argue or have sex. They also wrote them as flirty, sexy, couple in the beginning. I loved that! However, then we got bogged down in this depressing SL of babies dying, people lying, no real "good guy" except for Rafe (and hes not compelling.) That changes their relationship. I want the old Ejole back! And maybe with everything out in the open, I'll get that. If not, well, I have to move on!
You have a better memory of that storyline, I just remember MBE and SN didn't have THE spark they had on Days. I do remember SN and GF did have good chemistry though.

I will say, although I may not agree, I can understand why you like Ejole.

We can agree about Rafe.......not compelling, not compelling at all........there's just nothing there.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Oct 25 2009, 09:52 AM
They constantly start and stop with Brianna. One week Brady loves her, the next he could care less and is helping Nicole.

Excellent post, Liz.
I was watching Brady and Arianna in bed on Friday, and all I could think was "weren't they just fighting?". Brady does seem so hot and cold with her, and there is no flirting, no fun with them. As a couple, I don't care at all. They suck.
And Arianna is the LAST person on the show who I could assume was a drug dealer....or even a cop. Drug dealers don't look like that, don't act like that, etc. Poor casting choice for an undercover person. FT was much better at that role.

And I totally agree with why EJ and Nicole were so wonderful. The flirty, the fun, the smiles, the friendship. It was a great little start for them, getting druink together with the tequila shots. I liked it when they fought in the beginning too. THAT is how you build a rooting couple...not secrets right away and random screwing scenes when you don't know if they are friends or not.
Brianna is nothing but trying to cash in on Passions...and it is failing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply