Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Tucker Cast?; Daytime Confidential teases...
Topic Started: Oct 18 2009, 06:43 PM (2,090 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Daytime Confidential is reporting that William Russ was recently seen leaving CBS studios after paying a special visit to the set of Y&R.

Here's the tease...
Quote:

From Boy Meets World to Tuck(er) Everlasting? We hear former child actor-turned-sitcom dad William Russ (Boy Meets World) was seen leaving CBS Studios recently, after paying a visit to the set of The Young and the Restless. Hmmm, wonder what role could Russ possibly be filling in Genoa City? I'll never tell...
...and a photo.

Posted Image

Source: Daytime Confidential

***UPDATE***

News of William Russ being cast on Y&R was originally leaked last week by Ilene Kristen, who revealed on Brandon's Buzz that Russ -- a friend of hers -- had just landed a role on the soap. It was later posted by the fabulous Roger Newcomb at We Love Soaps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lilacwine
Member Avatar

Oh Lord... he can't play someone that would take Victor's place.... WTF.. are they trying to make AH look good?

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

No words.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Didn't he used to be on Another World? I think he was one of Gil's sons.

sungrey

William Russ is a good actor, but if they're thinking this will make the viewers forget EB no frickin' way.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

jam6242
Oct 18 2009, 07:22 PM
Didn't he used to be on Another World? I think he was one of Gil's sons.
Yes he was on AW.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

I think Bergman will make mincemeat out of him

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Bergman could make mincemeat out of the writing of this show....just not strong enough, I am sorry, for anyone to come in, let alone those that are already there. Instead of filling the VOID left by EB/VN, why not work with what you have to make the show balanced, instead of worrying about bringing in new actors/characters? But again, I guess that just falls back to we need fresh blood and stronger writers who can produce quality character-driven material.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

If there had been a vision... then keeping the baby Jack's or at least perceived to be Jack's and then have Adam take the baby .... when that was discovered... have Jack become focused on hating Adam.

At that point you have the layers of Jack losing his perceived child and mourning the loss...
Sharon being hurt and Jack angry...
Then finding out what Adam did to Ashley and Jack being angry...

At that point writing Victor out could have been lessened, but truthfully... I think Sony did this with deliberation to kill the show.

Drew
Member Avatar

Sony has no reason to try to cancel the show. They make alot of money off it internationally.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I remember him at AW as Gil's son Burt who was Clarice's first husband! He was pretty good back then but replaced and the character took a wrong turn! I never saw "Boy Meets World" so it's been over 30 years since I saw this guy! I think he won't last long anyway! He'll probably marry Gloria and die so she can be rich again! :puke:

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I posted several days ago that Ilene Kristen said on one of those BTR shows that her friend William Russ had landed a role on Y&R.
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/10/news-round-up-harris-spirtas-kristen.html
Edited by RogerNewcomb, Oct 18 2009, 11:09 PM.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Brandon's Buzz had on Ilene Kristen, and she broke it on HIS show, not DC!

Kenny
Member Avatar

RogerNewcomb
Oct 18 2009, 11:06 PM
I posted several days ago that Ilene Kristen said on one of those BTR shows that her friend William Russ had landed a role on Y&R.
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm guessing she didn't give any hints re: who he'll be playing?

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 18 2009, 11:46 PM
RogerNewcomb
Oct 18 2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm guessing she didn't give any hints re: who he'll be playing?
No, we just speculated it could be Tucker, but no hints as to who he will be playing.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the information Kenny and Roger.

Even after two years I cannot quite believe what an obscene reversal of fortune Y&R continues to experience.

I have seen the actor in several things but I'm not really a fan. I guess we just have to wait and see regarding his stint on Y&R.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

, but truthfully... I think Sony did this with deliberation to kill the show.
ITA!
Sony may make a lot of money off the show, but maybe not as much as they'd like, I'd venture that no one knows what's in their minds, but it sure seems like they're trying to kill the show.

MichaelGL
Sexy Jew

I've always thought he had the soap "look".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply