Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/19 - 10/23
Topic Started: Oct 18 2009, 10:14 PM (8,512 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Lisa Ling/The View commented about being torn on whether or not to start a family and that she's really worried about carrying her 6'5 husbands' child, lol. But my niece was average (normal) when she was born but just kept growing and growing, she's 7 yrs old now but could pass for junior high if it wasn't for her baby face.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

My 6 month old is 22 pounds. His dad is 6'3". He's a big boy.
Just thought I'd throw that in there. :)

I think Sydney is the sweetest little baby...not much of a smiler, but cute. It's her amusement with Nicole's jewelry that keeps me watching her. I keep waiting for her to yank out a big ass earring of hers. LOL!

I think all babies slightly resemble monkeys...its the big wide eyes and big cheeks and pink lips...sounds like I am describing LH! LOL!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Rhi
Oct 24 2009, 02:29 PM
Kenny
Oct 23 2009, 07:19 PM
Halloween Family
Oct 23 2009, 07:14 PM
The babies playing Sydney are engaging to watch, I think they are cute in the way they look so comfortable with Ari and playing with her 101 bobbles.
I know this is mean to say, but I think that baby is ugly, LoL.
I'll say something meaner. I thought the last baby to play Grace was ugly and kinda scary looking.
I was going to jump in and say this, but I was afraid of sounding mean. But since you said it first...... :P

I love bald babies so I think Sydney is adorable. She looks like an "old man" baby. Some of her facial expressions are priceless, and editing does a good job of making it seem like she knows exactly what's happening around her. I hope they don't reacst her anytime soon.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Anyone else interested in Days exploring Justin and Hope for a little while? Am I the only one?

Can403

Kenny
Oct 23 2009, 10:40 PM
Tammy
Oct 23 2009, 09:41 PM
I watched today and the only think that stood out to me was Kate's hair, gosh it looks awful IMO lol.
I don't like her having such strong bangs. Same goes for Arianne Zucker.

The hairstylists should be fired.
I agree. Maybe Ken Corday fired the hairstylists to save money for NBC because the hair styles have been awful for most of this year. LoL
Edited by Can403, Oct 24 2009, 08:32 PM.

Can403

Southofsoap
Oct 24 2009, 07:58 AM
Though I like Mia and Will, I do feel both their acting has gone downhill. Mia was showing real potential when she told Chad the truth a few weeks ago, but seems to have regressed. She also used to be very good opposite Nicole - as if she would come alive. Right now, she needs a rocket up her behind to get some emotion out of her...

As for Friday's show, well you can guess what I thought of those scenes with Justin and the teens. Mia's crying was incredibly fake.

I did like the Hope/Victor scenes. Victor made a good case for Hope moving in, but Hope should of been more reluctant given her memories of living there. Hope thinks with her heart, not her head, so Victor's case should of had little bearing on her memories.

Those Kate and Nicole scenes were delicious. I love Kate being the madam of the mansion. EJ/Lexie/Stefano were good scenes too.
When Ed Scott took over as co-EP in August/2007, one of the fist things he did was call a meeting with the cast and crew where he told them that he expected good acting from the cast. He also did certain things to support the cast like allowing retakes in certain cases etc. It worked, for most of Ed Scott's short time as co-EP of DAYS, the acting and productions was really, really good.

There is still really good acting from some of the casts on DAYS but others, not so much. I have seen some good acting from Mia too so I think she is capable of it but somebody needs to demand the best from them like Ed Scott did with the actors in 2007 and also provide some decent support to back it up.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kevc1980
Oct 24 2009, 07:50 PM
Anyone else interested in Days exploring Justin and Hope for a little while? Am I the only one?
As much as it surprises me because I've always liked Bope - add me to that camp. Almost immediately when Wally Kurth came back I could sense a spark between Justin and Hope. I think I could like them together - but they need to turn down the sanctimonious bitch meter on Hope or she'll be ruined for any pairing.

lysie
Member Avatar

Can403
Oct 24 2009, 09:23 PM
Southofsoap
Oct 24 2009, 07:58 AM
Though I like Mia and Will, I do feel both their acting has gone downhill. Mia was showing real potential when she told Chad the truth a few weeks ago, but seems to have regressed. She also used to be very good opposite Nicole - as if she would come alive. Right now, she needs a rocket up her behind to get some emotion out of her...

As for Friday's show, well you can guess what I thought of those scenes with Justin and the teens. Mia's crying was incredibly fake.

I did like the Hope/Victor scenes. Victor made a good case for Hope moving in, but Hope should of been more reluctant given her memories of living there. Hope thinks with her heart, not her head, so Victor's case should of had little bearing on her memories.

Those Kate and Nicole scenes were delicious. I love Kate being the madam of the mansion. EJ/Lexie/Stefano were good scenes too.
When Ed Scott took over as co-EP in August/2007, one of the fist things he did was call a meeting with the cast and crew where he told them that he expected good acting from the cast. He also did certain things to support the cast like allowing retakes in certain cases etc. It worked, for most of Ed Scott's short time as co-EP of DAYS, the acting and productions was really, really good.

There is still really good acting from some of the casts on DAYS but others, not so much. I have seen some good acting from Mia too so I think she is capable of it but somebody needs to demand the best from them like Ed Scott did with the actors in 2007 and also provide some decent support to back it up.
I think all the acting has suffered since Ed Scott left. They're apparently not doing retakes unless necessary or rehearsing anymore, and IMO it shows.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Nope. I want it too. I want Bo and Carly for awhile too. Bo and Hope are stale as a couple and as characters. They need something to spice them up and as long as they continue to tell this story the way they are with Bo and Hope separating over their issues gradually...I'm game.

As for the whole acting issue, the acting wasn't always good under Ed Scott either. The first 6 months it was but that was because the writing was there. When he started messing with the writing and it became all over the place, the acting went downhill as a whole too. I also think you shouldn't need someone like Ed to demand good performances from you. It's your job to act. If you need someone to demand you do better or to guide you along, choose a new profession. The issue is soaps have always been like a training ground for actors, especially new and young ones. Sometimes it takes an actor awhile to get going. Look at Ari Zucker and Kristian Alfonso in their early days. They stunk and look at them now. Taylor has already shown she can potential as Mia. I think she's still learning. Dylan showed he has potential too. I don't think he will ever be great but he will be serviceable. One thing I think needs to happen is they need to make Will more dynamic. They are writing him like they do Lucas and it sucks. Give him more of an edge. His best stuff was in his first 6 months when he was somewhat moody at times.

While we are on the subject of acting, Nadia Bjorlin has actually been much better since Chloe woke up from her coma. She's not as monotone as she was IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2009, 09:45 PM
Kevc1980
Nope. I want it too. I want Bo and Carly for awhile too. Bo and Hope are stale as a couple and as characters. They need something to spice them up and as long as they continue to tell this story the way they are with Bo and Hope separating over their issues gradually...I'm game.

As for the whole acting issue, the acting wasn't always good under Ed Scott either. The first 6 months it was but that was because the writing was there. When he started messing with the writing and it became all over the place, the acting went downhill as a whole too. I also think you shouldn't need someone like Ed to demand good performances from you. It's your job to act. If you need someone to demand you do better or to guide you along, choose a new profession. The issue is soaps have always been like a training ground for actors, especially new and young ones. Sometimes it takes an actor awhile to get going. Look at Ari Zucker and Kristian Alfonso in their early days. They stunk and look at them now. Taylor has already shown she can potential as Mia. I think she's still learning. Dylan showed he has potential too. I don't think he will ever be great but he will be serviceable. One thing I think needs to happen is they need to make Will more dynamic. They are writing him like they do Lucas and it sucks. Give him more of an edge. His best stuff was in his first 6 months when he was somewhat moody at times.

While we are on the subject of acting, Nadia Bjorlin has actually been much better since Chloe woke up from her coma. She's not as monotone as she was IMO.
I don't think it was the demand. I think it was the, you know...treating it like a show and not just something to pu t on the air. They still had rehearsals and they still did reshoots. They don't do that now, and it shows.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Oct 24 2009, 09:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kevc1980

I don't think it was the demand. I think it was the, you know...treating it like a show and not just something to pu t on the air. They still had rehearsals and they still did reshoots. They don't do that now, and it shows.
In all honesty, it wasn't much of a consistent improvement and certainly not enough to warrant spending money that can better be used keeping vital cast members. Soaps have to be efficient. There just isn't enough money. I think they all would love to have lavish sets, retakes, etc but it's just not possible anymore. Here's the worst thing...many of the shows (primetime and daytime) that do have those luxuries still have many actors that suck and still have terrible production values so if you have to cut those luxuries, you do what you have to do. That has always been part of the problem with soaps. They were spending way too much in the 90's and early 2000's and ignoring what was most important (a ratings downturn that actually began in the 80's, changing times, bad writing, etc). If they didn't get so caught up in making things look pretty and wasting time on retake after retake (seriously, some actors and producer shave been known to be nitpicky when it comes to this kind of thing) then the situation may not be so dire. I'm not saying Days or anyone else should not be trying to put on the best show possible but you have to aware of budget constraints.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Count me in. I'm interest to see Justin/Hope. I have enjoyed their scenes a lot. Wally and Kristian have some major sparks and natural chemistry. In the end yes, I want my Justin&Adrienne together and the same with Bo&Hope. But until then... I'm about seeing Wally getting a story. And if it means having a Justin/Hope romance and the Justin/Hope/Bo/Carly quad then bring it on. I just want to see lots of Wally and seeing these four brilliant actors acting together in a great story.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2009, 10:04 PM
lysie
Oct 24 2009, 09:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kevc1980

In all honesty, it wasn't much of a consistent improvement and certainly not enough to warrant spending money that can better be used keeping vital cast members. Soaps have to be efficient. There just isn't enough money. I think they all would love to have lavish sets, retakes, etc but it's just not possible anymore. Here's the worst thing...many of the shows (primetime and daytime) that do have those luxuries still have many actors that suck and still have terrible production values so if you have to cut those luxuries, you do what you have to do. That has always been part of the problem with soaps. They were spending way too much in the 90's and early 2000's and ignoring what was most important (a ratings downturn that actually began in the 80's, changing times, bad writing, etc). If they didn't get so caught up in making things look pretty and wasting time on retake after retake (seriously, some actors and producer shave been known to be nitpicky when it comes to this kind of thing) then the situation may not be so dire. I'm not saying Days or anyone else should not be trying to put on the best show possible but you have to aware of budget constraints.
Maybe you think so. For me, even when I haven't liked the storylines or the writing as a whole, the acting has always been at least pretty good. Right now, the actor who I thought was the best on the show a year ago, I now find cringeworthy the majority of the time. And I've thought that since about December of 2008. I thought the acting was consistent with most everyone (there's always a few bad ones) from about the time John died in 2007 until August of 2008. The writing was definitely inconsistent. The only actors I enjoy consistently now are AZ and PR (who has never been a favorite of mine). The rest are hit or miss and more frequently misses than hits.
As for making things look pretty...they don't have to waste time to keep things from looking like crap. The current sets are awful. Maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable if they hadn't had the nicer ones before, but really? There are certain things soaps are known for. Over the top sets is one of them. Bad acting is another, but that's one that for the actors' own self-respect and the viewers' self-respect they should be trying to overcome.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think the bad sets would look better if the lighting wasn't so harsh. There's no excuse for that pussy pink lighting.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 24 2009, 10:23 PM
I think the bad sets would look better if the lighting wasn't so harsh. There's no excuse for that pussy pink lighting.
Agreed. The insanely bright lighting certainly does most of these sets no favors.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
That I will agree with.

It doesn't bother me or ruin my enjoyment but it does ruin the sets and make the actors look harsh. I think it even hurts the hairstyles of some of the actors. I think Ari would look much better without the pink tinted lighting.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

As Kenny has mentioned so often in his special way ....

The pink vagina labia lighting makes the show look pretty crappy too....

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kenny
You posted while I had the reply screen up and went to the bathroom.... :laugh:

angmc
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
I grew up a Bope fan but I have to admit I loved Patrick and Hope together so I'm open to Justin and Hope for a bit.

cassie1013

IMissAremid
Oct 23 2009, 11:22 PM
lene
Oct 23 2009, 11:29 AM
LMAO! Maggie CRYING over Mel and Nathan. Talk about overreacting.
Maggie is seriously acting weird and out of control lately. Did Vivian give her a tooth?
Bahaha. That tooth storyline was classic.

My favorite line of the week had to be Kate referencing Will "and his little friend Mya", and Nicole saying "Mia"...Kate's "Whatever!" had me LoL!

I think Stephanie is now pointless and should get lost.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply