Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; 10/19 - 10/23
Topic Started: Oct 18 2009, 10:14 PM (8,373 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

LOL. Just looking back over the last few pages I'm thinking the show must not be that bad these days if all we have to bitch about is haircuts and lighting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

Kevc1980
Oct 24 2009, 07:50 PM
Anyone else interested in Days exploring Justin and Hope for a little while? Am I the only one?
No. Hope Williams Welch Brady needs a decent FRIEND, a pal, a confidante, and probably a THERAPIST. She doesn't need a romance with her cousin-in-law or anyone else for that matter.

It would be refreshing to actually see a platonic friendship again on DOOL. I think the last decent non-sexual male-female interaction was Jack and Billie. And the Jennifer-Kristen-Billie troika was the last decent "girlfriends" vibe we had.

Hope should try a career away from the Salem PD, start hanging out with pal Lexie again, and maybe seek the professional counsel of a new stray day player therapist. She should also work on getting some new friends.

Hope does need to be more careful about who she chooses for friends, though. After all, it was HER DAY-PLAYER FRIEND (Ellen?) who forgot about Ciara, leading to the kidnapping. Before that, her good pal was watching Zach when he walked away in the middle in the night, wandering into the street, and became speed-bump material for Chelsea. (Oh, and Jennifer did drop JT from the bridge too.)

jane1978

lysie
Oct 24 2009, 09:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2009, 09:45 PM
Kevc1980
Oct 24 2009, 07:50 PM
Anyone else interested in Days exploring Justin and Hope for a little while? Am I the only one?
Nope. I want it too. I want Bo and Carly for awhile too. Bo and Hope are stale as a couple and as characters. They need something to spice them up and as long as they continue to tell this story the way they are with Bo and Hope separating over their issues gradually...I'm game.

As for the whole acting issue, the acting wasn't always good under Ed Scott either. The first 6 months it was but that was because the writing was there. When he started messing with the writing and it became all over the place, the acting went downhill as a whole too. I also think you shouldn't need someone like Ed to demand good performances from you. It's your job to act. If you need someone to demand you do better or to guide you along, choose a new profession. The issue is soaps have always been like a training ground for actors, especially new and young ones. Sometimes it takes an actor awhile to get going. Look at Ari Zucker and Kristian Alfonso in their early days. They stunk and look at them now. Taylor has already shown she can potential as Mia. I think she's still learning. Dylan showed he has potential too. I don't think he will ever be great but he will be serviceable. One thing I think needs to happen is they need to make Will more dynamic. They are writing him like they do Lucas and it sucks. Give him more of an edge. His best stuff was in his first 6 months when he was somewhat moody at times.

While we are on the subject of acting, Nadia Bjorlin has actually been much better since Chloe woke up from her coma. She's not as monotone as she was IMO.
I don't think it was the demand. I think it was the, you know...treating it like a show and not just something to pu t on the air. They still had rehearsals and they still did reshoots. They don't do that now, and it shows.
Well, the situation is very different now than under Ed Scott. Ed Scott still had money to play with his uniq simulator for the plane crash scenes. And the show still generally taped one episode per day.

But the budget was slashed for 40 percent and the only way to save so much money was to drastically cut the studio time. Crystal Chappel said the taping schedule now has 15 weeks of studio dark per year. And I recently discovered the twitter of Ronald E. Howard, the AD, and in one of his tweets he says they just taped 130 pages of script in 6 hours! Thatīs crazy. Not even the best actors in the world would always stay perfect in that kind of enviroment.

Iīm pretty sure the worst thing any actor can do is mess things enough so the show has to go overtime. And I think thatīs the reason many actors stays monotone most of the time. Itīs safe.

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 24 2009, 11:26 PM
LOL. Just looking back over the last few pages I'm thinking the show must not be that bad these days if all we have to bitch about is haircuts and lighting.
Either that or so the show is so boring, it's simply not worth discussing, LoL.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 23 2009, 02:20 PM
It would be smart for the writers to have Stefano bring up his own experience of finding out Tony was not his son after raising him as his own. I wasn't watching at the time, but I read that the two were at odds after the revelation, but they eventually reconciled as father and son afterwards. Stefano will always consider Tony as his son.
Stefano and Tony never reconciled.

These scenes were Stefano and Tonys last in 1985.

Then when Tony came back in 1993 he had all of the sudden forgave Stefano for everything AND he was all of the sudden Stefanos real son again. Of course in 2007 it was rewritten again so it was Andre in 1993 meaning the clip from 1985 was Stefano and Tonys last scenes together untill 2007.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 24 2009, 07:58 AM
I did like the Hope/Victor scenes. Victor made a good case for Hope moving in, but Hope should of been more reluctant given her memories of living there. Hope thinks with her heart, not her head, so Victor's case should of had little bearing on her memories.
But if was the old Kiriakis Mansion Hope lived in, this one Victor got in 2001.

Deleted User
Deleted User

How did Stefano ever escape from the secret room?
Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

Matt
Oct 19 2009, 07:00 PM
I think Days needs to address the Mickey issue. They never show him and that void really henders any real storyline for Maggie. I know they can't do a death storyline for him because of the necessity to use Frances Reid and her inability to appear, but couldn't they simply write it in that Mickey died at some point in the past (although they've never shown it) and simply say that Maggie is now a widow. They did something similar with the character of Marge Bergman on SFT years ago when her portrayer died unexpectedly. They stopped referring to her for several months and then her husband Stu made mention that Marge had died some months earlier. Unless the show can drag John Clarke out of retirement to play Mickey, I think this is the only real option for Maggie. Then, if Days is intent on a Nathan/Melanie romance, they really should've had it established that Victor approved of Melanie and Philip and tries to put an end to Nathan/Melanie so that Philip can have Melanie which would put Victor into conflict with Maggie -- and might spark a romantic liason.
They're kind of hogtied on this issue. I love how the show is trying to position Maggie as the new Alice, but since you can't find someone who can play Mickey on a regular basis something isn't right. Before they went younger with Kevin Dobson, I even thought Jed Allan would make a good Mickey... I'll always remember him as Don Craig, but he'd have made a good Mickey recast.

I have to wonder now if John Clarke really isn't doing well or if he and Corday had some sort of falling out. Maybe some bad blood from the SSK story or something, since that's when he left. I seem to recall reading an interview with Melinda Clarke when she was on CSI and she rolled her eyes at the mention of Corday. :)

sungrey

Mason
Oct 23 2009, 08:05 AM
dooldooldool
Oct 23 2009, 06:23 AM
Mason
Oct 22 2009, 12:39 PM
OMG Maggie, they were just making out. It's not like they were having sex on the kitchen table!
Well, just a few hours earlier in this same Salem day, she had gotten (unrealistic) commitments from both of them that they wouldn't slobber all over one another at the Motel Maggie. There was definite reason to be irked and perturbed, especially since Maggie died in that kitchen just five years ago this Halloween week.
What does that have to do with anything? LoL
That story simply never existed. Never happened. (Covers ears) Blablablabla... ;)

Mason
Member Avatar

sungrey
Oct 25 2009, 09:30 AM
I seem to recall reading an interview with Melinda Clarke when she was on CSI and she rolled her eyes at the mention of Corday. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 25 2009, 06:04 AM
IMissAremid
Oct 24 2009, 11:26 PM
Either that or so the show is so boring, it's simply not worth discussing, LoL.
LOL. I spend more time watching the babies and looking at their hair than I do anything else nowadays. I had to start an entire episode over the other day because I had been watching it for a reason and kept getting distracted by someone's wardrobe. The content rarely makes an impression on me.
Edited by lysie, Oct 25 2009, 02:04 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

sungrey
Oct 25 2009, 09:30 AM
Matt
Oct 19 2009, 07:00 PM
I think Days needs to address the Mickey issue. They never show him and that void really henders any real storyline for Maggie. I know they can't do a death storyline for him because of the necessity to use Frances Reid and her inability to appear, but couldn't they simply write it in that Mickey died at some point in the past (although they've never shown it) and simply say that Maggie is now a widow. They did something similar with the character of Marge Bergman on SFT years ago when her portrayer died unexpectedly. They stopped referring to her for several months and then her husband Stu made mention that Marge had died some months earlier. Unless the show can drag John Clarke out of retirement to play Mickey, I think this is the only real option for Maggie. Then, if Days is intent on a Nathan/Melanie romance, they really should've had it established that Victor approved of Melanie and Philip and tries to put an end to Nathan/Melanie so that Philip can have Melanie which would put Victor into conflict with Maggie -- and might spark a romantic liason.
They're kind of hogtied on this issue. I love how the show is trying to position Maggie as the new Alice, but since you can't find someone who can play Mickey on a regular basis something isn't right. Before they went younger with Kevin Dobson, I even thought Jed Allan would make a good Mickey... I'll always remember him as Don Craig, but he'd have made a good Mickey recast.

I have to wonder now if John Clarke really isn't doing well or if he and Corday had some sort of falling out. Maybe some bad blood from the SSK story or something, since that's when he left. I seem to recall reading an interview with Melinda Clarke when she was on CSI and she rolled her eyes at the mention of Corday. :)
I think Suzanne Rogers mentioned during the WLS interview that Clarke had suffered a mild stroke recently.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply