Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interview With Arianne Zucker At Soaps.com
Topic Started: Oct 19 2009, 09:41 AM (1,395 Views)
LovingDays

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/5704/Soapscoms_Exclusive_Interview_With_Days_of_our_Liv

Soaps.com: First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy.

Arianne Zucker: Thank you.

Soaps.com: I read you are having a little girl.

Arianne: We are. A little princess.

Soaps.com: Have you picked out a name yet?

Arianne: Yes, we do have her name, but we arenít revealing it until after.

Soaps.com: When are you due?

Arianne: December 16 is the due date. So, pretty soon.

Soaps.com: When are you going on maternity leave?

Arianne: Iím not certain of the actual date, but I believe sometime before our Thanksgiving hiatus. Not too far away.

Soaps.com: Are you excited? Are you getting nervous?

Arianne: Definitely not nervous. I love kids. Iíve loved kids I think since I was born. Yeah, not nervous, but I cannot wait to meet her.

Soaps.com: Are you and Kyle all ready and have everything prepared?

Arianne: Iím not sure what parent ever has everything prepared. Weíre almost there and of course weíll have to have baby showers. We havenít had those yet. Weíll see what happens with the shower and then get everything after that.

Soaps.com: Good plan. How has it been working while being pregnant?

Arianne: Sheís been treating me very well. Iíve had a very easy pregnancy consideringÖFirst of all, I love being pregnant. I think because Iím so excited to have a baby and I think just having a positive attitude and being really happy and even when 5:30 rolls around in the morning and youíre all cuddly, snuggly in bed and youíre like, ďOh, I donít want to get up,Ē and Iím like, ďYes I do. Just kidding. I do. I do. I want to get up.Ē Because I love my job and my daughterís a part of it right now. I mean listen, every womanís pregnancy is different; I just know that mine has been so pleasant. Donít get me wrong, I have had my morning sickness and it turned into night sickness, but Kyle, my husband, has been unbelievable. He makes sure everything is done and the chores and he makes me laugh. Itís been a real team effort, so it hasnít just been me. I think that makes a huge difference too, because I get to come home to him. We. We get to come home to him. It just makes a big difference all around and of course everyone at work is so supportive and so excited. She has a lot of aunties and uncles here. Iíve been here over ten years so theyíve really embraced my pregnancy and itís been pretty awesome I have to admit.

Soaps.com: You are very lucky.

Arianne: Yeah, I do. I feel very, very lucky.

Soaps.com: You mentioned your morning sickness. Many of our readers have noticed you snacking onscreen a lot. Has that had anything to do with it?

Arianne: Thatís to make me look like the character is gaining weight.

Soaps.com: They thought maybe it was to help with your morning sickness.

Arianne: No, no. They thought, ďWell, maybe weíll have her eat,Ē but then the storyline was getting so intense, it was kind of hard to eat and cry at the same time.

Soaps.com: Nicole has been crying quite a bit.

Arianne: Yeah, I hope no one is sick of it yet.

Soaps.com: How do you work yourself up to cry so much?

Arianne: I had a really great teacher. When I left Days of Our Lives for two years I took a scene study improv class. The teacherís name is Stephen Book and heís a really, really tough teacher, and thatís what I love, because I donít want to go to a class where theyíre like, ďThat was great.Ē I want to go to a class where theyíre like, ďWhat are you doing?Ē And this was that kind of class and we all stayed together through the two years, two or three, well, I think some people are still in it, it goes as long as we want it to, but I left about a year and a half ago because of work, but he really taught me how to get out of my head and into my body, which is kind of a weird thing, but if youíre constantly worried about, especially with how fast we work on soaps, like ďOoh, I hope I cry today,Ē youíre probably not going to. There are steps and itís such a long process to really know your lines, and thatís the other thing: he said if you donít know your lines you canít play. Itís kind of hard to find a technique at work because every job is different. For me what Iíve chosen to do is, I choose to really know the lines. Thatís the most important thing to me because I work every day and that has to come first and then I just kind of go with the flow and just allow whatever my co-star is doing to affect me and just go with that. Sometimes if it does say to cry in the script, I might not, because it might not call for what my co-star is doing. So thereís a lot of trust with the co-star as well and whoever Iím working with and I think everyone in this storyline has really stepped up to the plate, so we give each other a lot too, which helps. Iím very much a team player and I feel like everyone on the show is, from hair and makeup and wardrobe to our executive producers and writers, itís a big team effort. Itís a combination of everything I think, but that trust really helps too because I know I can go anywhere as far as emotion, and maybe I can even go farther sometimes. If we had four or five takes like we used to I probably could, but sometimes you have to work it up for just the one. Itís really challenging and itís wonderful and it always keeps you on your toes, but I love the storyline too. I fell in love with the storyline, which helps, and Iím totally rambling. (laughs)

Arianne: Thank you. Iím very lucky. Thereís that word again, but it has been. I feel very lucky to be involved in the storyline and that they trusted this character in me and kept it going and everybody in it. Itís been a year and a half of some seriously great story.

Soaps.com: I find it interesting that Nicole and Sami have become friends of sortsÖ

Arianne: Ali (Sweeney, Sami) and I love that. You know itís not going to last long.

Soaps.com: Oh, no. It canít.

Arianne: That wouldnít be any fun.

Soaps.com: Right now Nicole has Sami, Brady and Chloe to be her support system, but will she be all alone once her secrets come out?

Arianne: God, I canít imagine that anyone would want to be her friend. I can see some really angry people for a really long time, but, also, Nicole has a way of finding herself back in someone elseís life. Iím sure eventually, somebody, anybody will forgive her. Thereís got to be one person in town who will forgive her.

Soaps.com: Do you enjoy playing the softer side of Nicole, or do you prefer the edgier side to her?

Arianne: I really enjoy both and it depends on the setting. I think this side of Nicole that you see is, this woman just wants to be loved and the only way she knows how to do it is by having this child. Sheís still the same old selfish Nicole, but thereís an extra part of her now thatís like, gosh this is what sheís wanted all her life, to feel this unconditional love. All I keep hearing as a soon-to-be, I mean Iím a mommy now, but when she comes out, you have no idea what itís like to have a child until sheís here and that love. I can only imagine that this character has never had that feeling before because she was abused and all that kind of stuff.

Soaps.com: So once Sydney is ultimately taken away from her, will Nicole resort back to lashing out and being the vengeful character she has been in the past?

Arianne: I donít know. I donít know what the New Year will bring. It will be interesting and Iím ready to play whatever they give me.

Soaps.com: How long will you be out on maternity leave?

Arianne: Seven weeks.

Soaps.com: Will the reveal play into explaining your absence from the show, or will the viewers not notice your absence?

Arianne: That is a really good question. Iím not sure what the distance will be between scripts. I donít think I will be off air that long because we are so far ahead. They will definitely cover that. Iím sure. I canít imagine they wouldnít. Like the last time I left the show, they even had that whole thing explained: ďOh yeah, she couldnít take it anymore so she went to California and met a soap star,Ē or something like that. So Iím sure they will cover however much I might be offscreen.

Soaps.com: The baby who plays Sydney is so cute. How is she to work with?

Arianne: Well theyíre twins. Thereís Lauren and Haley and Haley is the one that works the most. When Lauren first started working, she liked it better, she was more of the easier baby to work with, but now that theyíve gotten older, you can really see their personalities and theyíre wonderful. I make sure no matter what, whoever is coming on, I make sure I play with them all the time so they know who I am. Theyíre wonderful and their mother is rockiní. Laura. Sheís such a great mom and has a great spirit which I think bleeds into the kids and how they are. They are really good girls and a lot of fun and Haley is really, really responsive. The things that you say, who knows, she probably knows exactly what youíre saying. Sheís a scene stealer Iíll tell ya. Fifteen months old and sheís already gonna be nominated for an Emmy.

Soaps.com: Theyíre definitely cuties.

Arianne: Yeah, theyíre wonderful, wonderful girls. It makes me canít wait for my own to come out.

Soaps.com: I bet. I was going to ask if working with the babies was helping to get you even more ready.

Arianne: Yeah, those girls. I just want to eat them up.

Soaps.com: And how is your jewelry line going?

Arianne: Good. You know with the economy it slowed down a little bit, but thatís to be expected. Weíre constantly making some changes and have some new things coming up for the New Year that Iím working on. Iím not quite sure how I find the time, but I manage to.

Luckily this busy lady does find the time to do everything, as the long awaited reveal to the baby switch storyline is ramping up to conclude in what we can only assume will be an explosive fashion. Don't know about you, but Soaps.com can't wait!

- Lori Wilson
Edited by Ellie, Oct 19 2009, 10:24 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Another great AZ interview! I so love her enthusiasm - it is definitely contagious. Good for her that she's taking a much deserved break and will be able to have several weeks at home with her family.

Thanks for posting!

LovingDays

shit its too long men 7 weeks I will miss her.

I like Sami & Nicole enemies not friends.I hope Nicole will be back to her old ways.She was so funny lolll

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Thanks! Love her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

That was a great interview. AZ's enthusiasm for being a first time Mom shines right through her role as well. She is very lucky to have had such a great time being pregnant. It doesn't always work out that way.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I am looking forward to Sami and Nicole being enemies again.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

The teacherís name is Stephen Book and heís a really, really tough teacher, and thatís what I love, because I donít want to go to a class where theyíre like, ďThat was great.Ē I want to go to a class where theyíre like, ďWhat are you doing?Ē

Can we send some of the cast to his class?
Quote:

Soaps.com: You mentioned your morning sickness. Many of our readers have noticed you snacking onscreen a lot. Has that had anything to do with it?

Arianne: Thatís to make me look like the character is gaining weight.
Too bad they didn't address this more.

Thanks for posting.

Glad Ari is going to become a mom, she has such a nurturing spirit.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this interview. It was great and finally got that answer about the food!LOL
I think they have taped enough ahead to where I barely will miss her! She is why I watch DAYS!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I just love her! Thanks for the interview!

DOOLrox

What a nice interview! Ari is so adorably excited, and it sounds like Kyle is being a model hubby! :-) Glad she will be taking some time off to enjoy the new baby, especially since it's her first. Clearly they've timed the baby-napping reveal to coincide with Ari's leave, which makes sense because once everyone finds out the horrible thing Nicole did, she's going to need to leave town - I sure wouldn't want to be within range of either EJ or Sami when they find out she let them think their baby was somebody else's, and mourn a baby that belonged to somebody else. In fact I'll be interested to see how in the world they redeem the character, if they can. Temporary insanity due to her miscarriage or something maybe. Steffie and Doc Baker are the only ones who really know just how cold-blooded and deliberate her deception and baby theft was, so she might get away with claiming she lost it, who knows. I think Ari will have a lot more meaty scenes upon her return, for sure!

mirabella

That is one of the best interviews I have read in a long time. Ari is such a beautiful, enthusiastic person and a wonderful actress.

Thanks for posting!

Ellie

Good for her for taking a reasonable amount of time for maternity leave. You can tell she has her priorities in the right place.

Nicole Walker

^LMFAO. Yeah some of the time she'll have off is when the actors are off anyways. So Nicole won't actually be gone that long, I think.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply