Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: MTS in contract talks again?
Topic Started: Oct 21 2009, 03:15 PM (7,724 Views)
DeeDee
RIP GL

NavJLee8785
Oct 21 2009, 10:42 PM
No it won't....I am sorry, but the only difference between the two is that Nikki/Victor were frontburner ALL the damn time on the show. John/Marlena, while popular...what did they do before they were released? Frontburner characters will be a HUGE slap in the face of Y&R, and I can seriously see the show going below a 3.0. It won't be fast, but it will be gradual.
EXACTLY.

Y&R & Days are NOT comparable.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DeeDee
RIP GL

cassie1013
Oct 21 2009, 09:33 PM
From a writing perspective, I do understand and agree that the character of Victor has run its course.
Victor wasn't written into a corner until MARIA wrote him into one.

cassie1013

^ True. He just shouldn't have gotten married (twice) and knocked someone up (twice). It was complete overkill. But I don't know what else they would have done with him, lol. How many more times can you yell "I GOT THAT!" and mumble?! LOL.

I mean, I want him to stay, but I can't figure out what he can do....

And yes, NavJLee is right - Victor and Nikki are front burner. While I feel J&M were more integral to DAYS on a general note, they were given the shaft for a considerable amount of time before getting the boot. Huge difference.

DeeDee
RIP GL

Quote:

^ True. He just shouldn't have gotten married (twice) and knocked someone up (twice). It was complete overkill.

Yep.

But even as unnecessary as that was it didn't really put him into a corner.

The Patti & Colleen stuff did.

Quote:

But I don't know what else they would have done with him, lol. How many more times can you yell "I GOT THAT!" and mumble?! LOL.

That's the point.

He & Nikki should've NEVER divorced.

The characters are too old for all that shit.

Same with Jack, Ashley, Neil & Paul.

Quote:

I mean, I want him to stay, but I can't figure out what he can do....

He & Jack both should be patriarchs.

They are way too old to be bedhopping but not for pitting their children against each other.

Drew
Member Avatar

DeeDee
Oct 21 2009, 10:47 PM
NavJLee8785
Oct 21 2009, 10:42 PM
No it won't....I am sorry, but the only difference between the two is that Nikki/Victor were frontburner ALL the damn time on the show. John/Marlena, while popular...what did they do before they were released? Frontburner characters will be a HUGE slap in the face of Y&R, and I can seriously see the show going below a 3.0. It won't be fast, but it will be gradual.
EXACTLY.

Y&R & Days are NOT comparable.
the DHs arent even in the same league as Braden and MTS.

cassie1013

^ In terms of general star power, yeah, you're totally right....

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Oct 21 2009, 10:14 PM
It worked for DAYS. The show survived without Hall and Hogestyn, and like it or not, Y&R will survive without Braeden and Scott.
I don't think the situations are really analogous.

-John and Marlena had been significantly backburnered at several points in recent years since the Alex North story and John was killed off and came back as a whole other character, while Victor and Nikki have been frontburner all the way all this time.

-There's also the fact that Victor and Nikki's kids are such a huge part of the canvas and have been for the last decade whereas John and Marlena's only child together Belle had been written off before they were sent packing.

-Victor and Nikki are THE couple on Y&R, whereas Days always had Bo & Hope as sort of a backup supercouple to keep a lot of fans happy who were sad to see John & Marlena gone. Sorry, Michael & Lauren and Nick & Sharon or Nick & Phyllis are NO Bo & Hope at all.

-The decades-long Victor-Jack feud is as relevant to the happenings in Genoa City as it's ever been in the current storyline so him leaving is going to be really jarring and with Victor gone Jack has no one to go toe-to-toe with any more. At the time John left, viewers were already acclimated to the absence of the John-Stefano feud with Stefano's Marlena obsession over and the emergence of nu-John changing their relationship a lot and Stefano still had Victor to challenge him with John gone.

BTW, I also disagree with the assertion that the DHs are not in the same league in terms of star power as EB and MTS at least in the case of Deidre Hall. She's way more of a household name and her possession story way more a part of most people's pop culture knowledge of soaps than either Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott and any stories they've had, even if their show gets better ratings and always has.

cassie1013

I think it's really scary that only one of the "big 3" (Hall, Braden and Lucci) is still standing. Susan better watch out.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

I think he could stay....

I think it would be more interesting to see everyone try and deal with the aftermath then everyone moves on.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Y&R better watch their backs. Apparently, they've forgotten that AMC, a partial timeslot competitor in a large portion of the country, is moving to LA in a few months and aren't above stunt casting. Ditto for Days. If MTS walks, I could see her be snapped up by either show. Personally, considering some of the conflict reported between her husband and Days, I'd lean towards AMC. Do you think they might try to pass her off as Tara Martin and pit her against Lucci?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

^ I honestly don't see MTS doing another soap. I can see her popping up in prime time. I don't know why, I just think she's capable of doing prime time.

But you never know.

MEK
Member Avatar

There is already speculation that MTS and EB may end on B&B playing themselves.

MTS has a great flair for comedy. She has done guest appearances on sit coms over the years and she was great.

Kenny
Member Avatar

A poster at SON said today that it's a done deal for MTS and she's leaving the show.

Quote:

Ok guys I have some really bad news.

My source has told me today that SONY has ended negotiations with MTS. They told her to either go on reccuring or that is the end. MTS said no to recurring and she is offcially gone just like Eric Braeden.

Cant believe Y&R/Sony had the nerve to do that, Im shocked.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Figures they would toss MTS out with EB's bathwater....

Drew
Member Avatar

So then why are they bothering with Tucker?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Probably pairing him with Jill

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

You know he won't be paired with Jill. They're bring on another new character or even a family for him.

MEK
Member Avatar

There were rumors that Tucker would fall in love with Nikki. Maybe he now will be paired with Jill.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply