Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bjorlin and Gering join Chappell's "Venice"
Topic Started: Oct 21 2009, 03:20 PM (3,188 Views)
Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 30 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm convinced that even if GG gave a fantastic performance that some would never admit it. And he did give fantastic performances during Grace's death. He' not a great actor by any means but he has it in him to pull a decent performance every now and then. NB, on the other hand, is just mediocre and needs the material to suit her monotone style to make her come off even remotely decent.
I'd admit it, and I watched those, and I disagree with your opinion. In my opinion, he was not "fantastic", though he did give a better performance than I had expected. However, I agree with your opinion about Nadia. She's horrendous and should find a new career.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I'm convinced that even if GG gave a fantastic performance that some would never admit it. And he did give fantastic performances during Grace's death. He' not a great actor by any means but he has it in him to pull a decent performance every now and then. NB, on the other hand, is just mediocre and needs the material to suit her monotone style to make her come off even remotely decent.
How true is that!!! Now, if Galen were not with Sami, then some may think that he is a pretty good actor, but since he is with her, I am convinced that there is NOTHING he could right in the eyes of some.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 30 2009, 11:12 AM
PhoenixRising05
How true is that!!! Now, if Galen were not with Sami, then some may think that he is a pretty good actor, but since he is with her, I am convinced that there is NOTHING he could right in the eyes of some.
Sorry,,thats your opinion,, before DOOL I saw him on Passions,,he sucked outloud there,and in the company of actors he works with now,he sucks even louder.As for Nadia I love her,but she is limited.GG is just awful
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Oct 30 2009, 12:13 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Oct 30 2009, 11:03 AM
PhoenixRising05
I'd admit it, and I watched those, and I disagree with your opinion. In my opinion, he was not "fantastic", though he did give a better performance than I had expected. However, I agree with your opinion about Nadia. She's horrendous and should find a new career.

Well, I'm glad you would because that is rare (and, by the way, no reason to italicize the word "opinion" as I know how message boards work and don't need to be talked down to...no offense but that bothers me when anyone does that to anyone). I know some wouldn't and that is because some people just have the mindset they that dislike some actors/characters or shows no matter what. Actually, every person does it. I do it. For instance, I can't stand Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives. I've tried to get into both shows numerous times and even when they do something huge that is well-liked and praised, I can only bring myself to say "it was ok" or "they could've done this better or that better." Same goes for actors, which is why I bring this up. I can't stand Eric Braeden. Never have. Even when he's done his best work it was "meh" for me. That is why I'm not saying it's wrong that people just can't bring themselves to say anything good about Galen. If you don't like him, you don't like him. Acting is subjective. Same goes for judging shows. I and many others love OLTL and think it's the best soap out there but there have been numerous people on this very board and others that just can't get into it. There are times where I can't understand why anyone would like a certain actor or show. I feel Nadia Bjorlin is awful but that doesn't mean someone out there doesn't love her or feel she is a superb actress.

I also want to make it known that this is in no way about Rafe being with Sami. While I won't deny that it's likely some out there do hate Galen and the character of Rafe because of his involvement with Sami, that was not what I was thinking when I posted.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Why must some get so upset when someone dares to mention GG being wooden, boring, or just plain sucks as an actor. I will give credit where credit is due no matter the actor and so far GG has been painfully bad IMO. I love Nadia, but the girl just can't act. But here and there Nadia is really good, I can't say the same for GG. Some need to accept that not everyone is going to love GG.

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

We have several interivews coming out next week with the cast of Venice and Gina Tognoni raves about Galen in hers. She plays Sami opposite his Owen. GG has two Samis now. :)

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Oct 30 2009, 04:54 PM
Why must some get so upset when someone dares to mention GG being wooden, boring, or just plain sucks as an actor. I will give credit where credit is due no matter the actor and so far GG has been painfully bad IMO. I love Nadia, but the girl just can't act. But here and there Nadia is really good, I can't say the same for GG. Some need to accept that not everyone is going to love GG.
:hail: :makeout: :wub:

Seriously, I'm tired of being told that GG "can't do anything right" for me or I "haven't given him a chance" and so on. Between PASSIONS and DAYS, I've been watching him for 9 years, and in all that time, I'm not sure if he's impressed me even once. So, yes, I have given him a chance, and my opinion is that he sucks. And so what? Why do you even care what I think? If you like him, great, good for you. It shouldn't matter to you if not everyone loves him.
Edited by Mason, Oct 30 2009, 05:41 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

RogerNewcomb
Oct 30 2009, 04:58 PM
We have several interivews coming out next week with the cast of Venice and Gina Tognoni raves about Galen in hers.
She also raved about Ellen Wheeler. Her praise means very little, LoL.

McMarley
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 30 2009, 05:21 PM
RogerNewcomb
Oct 30 2009, 04:58 PM
We have several interivews coming out next week with the cast of Venice and Gina Tognoni raves about Galen in hers.
She also raved about Ellen Wheeler. Her praise means very little, LoL.
:lol: So true. I love Gina but I don't trust her judgement thanks to the constant Ellen Wheeler cheerleading sessions.

I'm actually looking forward to Venice but I'm bummed about GG joining although I'm sure he is a nice enough fella. Darn Cosgrove and Branson getting paying jobs, how dare they? :P

DOOLFan85

Nadia, Jessica, and Crystal OHH THE HOTNESS!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Oct 30 2009, 05:19 PM
Kirk
Oct 30 2009, 04:54 PM
:hail: :makeout: :wub:

Seriously, I'm tired of being told that GG "can't do anything right" for me or I "haven't given him a chance" and so on. Between PASSIONS and DAYS, I've been watching him for 9 years, and in all that time, I'm not sure if he's impressed me even once. So, yes, I have given him a chance, and my opinion is that he sucks. And so what? Why do you even care what I think? If you like him, great, good for you. It shouldn't matter to you if not everyone loves him.
Just in case you or Kirk is referring to me I wasn't referring to either one of you or anyone specific. I seem to remember many that dislike Galen actually being pleasantly surprised by how much better he was then expected during Grace's death so I do know some out there will give credit where it's due. The point I was trying to make is that SOME don't, whether that be on this board or others. It wasn't pointing the finger at anyone specific. As I said in my post, sometimes an actor just doesn't do anything for you and that's fine.

I just wanted to make sure no one felt I was pointing the fingers at anyone with my post. I used to bash Galen on Passions all the time because he had very few decent acting performances on that show. I feel he's been much better at Days but that isn't to say that he performs on a high level consistently. He has some good moments and some bad moments and some where he's just "meh." Regardless, for those that don't like him, I can understand why. I wasn't even necessarily defending Galen. It was more about how many respond to actors and shows in general and not so much about anyone specific.

Just wanted to clarify so that no one misinterpreted my post or was offended in anyway.

golfnut

Mitchapalooza
Oct 21 2009, 10:51 PM
Am I the only one that is FUCKING SICK of hearing about VENICE!

Venice this...Venice that....gag me already!
NOPE...too much hype could lead to disappointment...Congrats to those actors, though...

Chelsea
Member Avatar

daisy132
Oct 23 2009, 07:17 PM
darraholic
Oct 21 2009, 03:24 PM
Mason
Oct 21 2009, 03:20 PM
Blech. I was hoping they were leaving.
Me too :(
Me three!! They are the most boring characters on the show. It would be a good thing.
So was I, that sucks. I don't mind NB as much as GG, at least she has her good moments. Oh well, I hope they all do well on Venice.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

magicsteacher
Oct 30 2009, 09:40 AM
px780
Oct 28 2009, 03:45 PM
Hmm. Already relying on eye candy? Not a great sign.
Didn't say I was relying on eye candy, only that he is good to look at, and he is!! I don't imagine he was asked to take the part, replacement or not, if CC didn't think he could handle it and do a good job. I am sure she wants her soap to be a success. Regardless of what many Rafe-haters say, he is doing a good job of acting on DAYS and no doubt, that is why he was asked to replace the original actor on Venice-- especially since CC did not know him ahead of time.
Oh, I didn't mean that you were relying on eye candy (unless you make Venice, in which case...then yeah, I meant you). I meant the show is relying on eye candy to get viewers, because to me both Bjorlin and Gering are nice to look at but kinda painful to watch recite dialogue.

And my opinion of Gering has nothing to do with Rafe or Sami. Think he's a bit lazy, only making an effort when he feels the script warrants it, and that's from both Passions and what I've sat through on Days. Can't stand actors like that.

daysfanbrady

i really wish venice to become a real soap as in on tv!! there should be a petition for it somewhere.itd be great to air at 2 pm after days...i know nbc wants news, but with days on fire i think nbc would be smart to restart the soap genere

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 30 2009, 04:22 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

Well, I'm glad you would because that is rare (and, by the way, no reason to italicize the word "opinion" as I know how message boards work and don't need to be talked down to...no offense but that bothers me when anyone does that to anyone). I know some wouldn't and that is because some people just have the mindset they that dislike some actors/characters or shows no matter what. Actually, every person does it. I do it. For instance, I can't stand Grey's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives. I've tried to get into both shows numerous times and even when they do something huge that is well-liked and praised, I can only bring myself to say "it was ok" or "they could've done this better or that better." Same goes for actors, which is why I bring this up. I can't stand Eric Braeden. Never have. Even when he's done his best work it was "meh" for me. That is why I'm not saying it's wrong that people just can't bring themselves to say anything good about Galen. If you don't like him, you don't like him. Acting is subjective. Same goes for judging shows. I and many others love OLTL and think it's the best soap out there but there have been numerous people on this very board and others that just can't get into it. There are times where I can't understand why anyone would like a certain actor or show. I feel Nadia Bjorlin is awful but that doesn't mean someone out there doesn't love her or feel she is a superb actress.

I also want to make it known that this is in no way about Rafe being with Sami. While I won't deny that it's likely some out there do hate Galen and the character of Rafe because of his involvement with Sami, that was not what I was thinking when I posted.
I honestly don't think it's so much that some do not like Galen and his acting--- that's fine and normal. Not everyone likes all actors or characters and what impresses some, doesn't impress others. I think it is more the tone and language that is used to describe him over and over. Just saying I don't like so and so; don't care for his acting, etc. is one thing, but IMO, when others constantly bash by making insulting comments, etc. that is what makes others so defensive. Rafe fans get that some don't like him or his acting-- that's fine, but why is it necessary to repeat it everytime there is a scene with him or a s/l involving him? I honestly don't see it being done as much for anyother actor or actress on the show, except maybe for Mia.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Nov 4 2009, 09:24 AM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 30 2009, 04:22 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05

I honestly don't think it's so much that some do not like Galen and his acting--- that's fine and normal. Not everyone likes all actors or characters and what impresses some, doesn't impress others. I think it is more the tone and language that is used to describe him over and over. Just saying I don't like so and so; don't care for his acting, etc. is one thing, but IMO, when others constantly bash by making insulting comments, etc. that is what makes others so defensive. Rafe fans get that some don't like him or his acting-- that's fine, but why is it necessary to repeat it everytime there is a scene with him or a s/l involving him? I honestly don't see it being done as much for anyother actor or actress on the show, except maybe for Mia.
My guess is you likely pay more attention to the threads that involve Rafe and/or GG because actor bashing happens all the time and pretty much across the board. He is in no way the only actor that experiences it - I'm not even sure he gets it more than most. Just recently there was a lot of discussion about Wally Kurth. Molly, Dylan, Taylor, Ali, James, Suzanne, Peggy, Shelley, Bryan...they all take plenty of pot shots from folks. I can't really think of anyone who is immune to it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply