Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:November Sweeps!; November 3rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Oct 22 2009, 01:15 PM (6,404 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

"There is a lot going on and it's going on in a rapid pace, " says Executive Producer Ken Corday. "There is a big reveal in the baby story, but it's not the end....."

Sami/Nicole/EJ/Rafe:We will get the reunion of Sami and Rafe. Sami will learn that Sydney's her daughter, but EJ is the one to have a meltdown after finding this out. Sami and Nicole will have a major showdown. Nicole will decide to run away with the baby after she is arrested. A big story here is what this will do to EJ, who has been deceived three times. Look for Nicole to go to jail, which will coincide with Ari's maternity leave.

Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin: Carly's arrival marked the beginning of a very big story. There will be a slow burn into it. Bo and Hope are growing apart in their marriage. Carly is there for Bo, and Justin for Hope. And then Vivian returns to town.

Brady/Arianna: Arianna confesses to Brady that she's working undercover for the cops. He promises to help her investigate who is running the drugs through Salem. Are we building a relationship between these two? Yes. In the end though, I don't think she's going to end up with Brady.

Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Phillip: It's a merry-go-round with them. Melanie is torn between Nathan and Phillip. The rooting interest is for Melanie and Nathan, and eventually for Phillip and Stephanie to get past their problems. We are not there yet.

Daniel/Chloe: She learns she can't have children. Will they overcome to devastating news? He is a nice guy he should be able to get past the fact that she can't have babies.

Chad/Mia/Will: Chad and Mia are devasted when they find out that their baby is the one who died. It will bring them closer. Look for Rafe and Arianna's sister Gabby to come to town and fold into this story.

Victor/Kate/Stefano/Vivian: We will be playing these four and it will be very interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Quote:

"There is a big reveal in the baby story, but it's not the end....."

Quote:

Steph/Phil/Mel/Nathan: It's a merry-go-round with them.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe: She learns she can't have children. Will they overcome to devastating news?

Quote:

Chad/Mia/Will: Chad and Mia are devasted Look for Rafe and Arianna's sister Gabby to come to town and fold into this story.

kill me now. I can't take it anymore.
Edited by mer4santo, Oct 22 2009, 01:42 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Damn...I had just typed all this up Angie and was going to post it to help you and Ellie out since it had not been posted yet. Oh well LOL. You guys did a better job then me anyway.

Quote:

"There is a lot going on and it's going on in a rapid pace, " says Executive Producer Ken Corday. "There is a big reveal in the baby story, but it's not the end....."

Corday needs to quit recycling old quotes. Seriously, he is always reusing the same crap. It's a like he does it in cycles. This time he uses the "alot will happen at a quick pace" quote. Can we please get Tomlin next time? Thanks.

Sami/Nicole/EJ/Rafe:We will get the reunion of Sami and Rafe. Sami will learn that Sydney's her daughter, but EJ is the one to have a meltdown after finding this out. Sami and Nicole will have a major showdown. Nicole will decide to run away with the baby after she is arrested. A big story here is what this will do to EJ, who has been deceived three times. Look for Nicole to go to jail, which will coincide with Ari's maternity leave.

Can't wait for the Sami and Rafe reunion. This all sounds great. I also like how he didn't give away how everything unfolded. You can tell Corday has no idea what is going on at Days other then the basic gist of things. He's nothing but a mouthpiece now and that is why he's not spilling as much detail as he used to. I like that. No one wants the story to be given away in a preview article. Can't wait for EJ's reaction and Sami vs Nicole. Interesting that Nicole plans to run away with Sydney AFTER she gets arrested. That means my dream of Sami getting Sydney back as a Christmas miracle is still alive LOL. I bet that is what happens and why they casted all those minor roles for something involving Cleveland. Nicole will run off and hide out with her mother. That is my theory and I'm sticking to it LOL.

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin: Carly's arrival marked the beginning of a very big story. There will be a slow burn into it. Bo and Hope are growing apart in their marriage. Carly is there for Bo, and Justin for Hope. And then Vivian returns to town.

Again, Corday knowing nothing about anything. There is no detail here at all but, again, I like that. I just wish he gave us a little more about Vivian. Oh well. Sounds good and I like that they are taking it slow and going according to plan. That is good writing.

Quote:

Brady/Arianna: Arianna confesses to Brady that she's working undercover for the cops. He promises to help her investigate who is running the drugs through Salem. Are we building a relationship between these two? Yes. In the end though, I don't think she's going to end up with Brady.

I'm so happy this story is finally moving. Brady helping Arianna will be interesting and given EJ is now in charge of the drug organization I bet they are setting up a Arianna/Brady/Nicole/EJ quad. That is fine by me. Also, further proof Corday has no idea what the fuck is going on. He THINKS she won't end up with Brady. LMAO. I love Tomlin for keeping Corday the hell out of things. I still hate that Corday even went there thougyh. DON'T GIVE AWAY STORY!! You don't tell an audience what the determined end result might be, you moron. Otherwise, why should people watch? At least he wasn't sure of what the end result was so it keeps it open. I do like EM and LH and they do have chemistry but I think Brady and Nicole is where it's at, long-term. They need to go there IMO.

Quote:

Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Phillip: It's a merry-go-round with them. Melanie is torn between Nathan and Phillip. The rooting interest is for Melanie and Nathan, and eventually for Phillip and Stephanie to get past their problems. We are not there yet.

Again, STOP GIVING AWAY WHO THE FUCKING ROOTING INTERESTS ARE!! Let the audience realize that. Don't tell them. God, I hate Corday. Anyway, I think the audience already assumes this and I'm starting to wish they move Philip and Stephanie away from these two because I don't like the way it's being played on their end. I like Philip/Melanie and Nathan/Stephanie too but I just feel like they are doing nothing with them but playing them on the outside looking in. Have Philip make a play for Melanie. Have Stephanie make a play for Nathan. Do something. All the development is on Nathan and Melanie's side so the show needs to spread the wealth in that area and fast. Hopefully, they do because this quad has potential still IMO. Also, I would've liked more info here. This is way too vague and I like vague but this is more about Corday telling us what is liked and not about what is going to happen.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe: She learns she can't have children. Will they overcome to devastating news? He is a nice guy he should be able to get past the fact that she can't have babies.

Ok...I like couple issues like this but I hope we involve them in more then just this. I'm sure Chloe will be involved with Nicole and all but how about Daniel? Why not involve him more in Kiriakis issues or something? If they are going to stick around (and I'm still not sure they will be), they need to be more involved on the canvas.

Quote:

Chad/Mia/Will: Chad and Mia are devasted when they find out that their baby is the one who died. It will bring them closer. Look for Rafe and Arianna's sister Gabby to come to town and fold into this story.

Looking forward to this. I'm assuming Gabby will take to Will because they look like a good match. They did a hell of a better job casting Gabby then they did Chad, who still just looks way too old. Sorry. I look forward to Chad and Mia learning the truth but I just can't get into them as a couple. It just looks...off. Casey is great but he should be playing someone else and should be with Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie. He would play great there but too late for that now.

Quote:

Victor/Kate/Stefano/Vivian: We will be playing these four and it will be very interesting.

WTF? That's it. You can't give us more then that. Why is it interesting, Corday? That isn't being vague. That is wasting space in a magazine LOL. More proof he has no idea what is going on, which is good as I said. I do like that these four will be involved with each other. It reminds me of JER's first run in a way when you saw very strong C stories to go along with the A and B ones.

All in all, we already knew sweeps would be big with the baby switch reveal and Vivian returning. I can't wait for what is to come!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Quote:

Are we building a relationship between these two? Yes. In the end though, I don't think she's going to end up with Brady.

Quote:

Will they overcome to devastating news? He is a nice guy he should be able to get past the fact that she can't have babies.

Gotta love Corday's way with words :D

Quote:

That's the only interesting part of the show, and he didn't really say anything about their storyline, if they will have one that is. But probably not, they will just have some scenes here and there.

And nothing about Abe and Lexie :(
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 22 2009, 01:44 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm really only interested in Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin and Victor/Kate/Vivian/Stefano (and the baby reveal, I guess).

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this and I'm not surprised the switch isn't over yet. Really don't see how it can be but at least things are more out in the open now.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recaps. I'm not sure what could be left in the baby switch drama. Sami is reunited with Sydney. Nicole is arrested. Is EJ's downward spiral what is left to tell?

I'm looking forward to Vivan's return and the Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin story.

Alligato
Member Avatar

The more Corday talks, the more I can't stand the man.
It's like he has absolutely no PR skills, no people skills, etc.

I am excited for alot of this, but no thanks to Corday.
Edited by Alligato, Oct 22 2009, 03:43 PM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I agree about Corday and his communications to the press! Every time I see his and Frons quotes to the press I want to say STFU!

Corday should let Tomlin or someone else be the voice of the show to the press.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

If you say so, Ken. A couple more details wouldn't have killed us.

The Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin stuff is so predictable. I hope Vivian torturing Carly, as per LS's interview, livens them up.

Brady and Arianna together are not interesting, but I do see a showdown with EJ coming and I love Brady v. EJ so bring it on. The baby switch stuff sounds ok; wonder what "meltdown" means in this context. Hopefully the hand shaking won't make its return.

I wish Melanie would go join Shelle wherever they are. I see I have no hope that I'll be liking Philip again in the foreseeable future.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting these Angie.

I hate when Corday uses the term "slow burn". I swear he's done that every time he's given a sweeps preview. I also hate that on some storylines he basically gives away the outcome - and of course telling us who we're supposed to root for - and other storylines he seems to not have a clue what's going on.

Most of it sounds OK. Really looking forward to the end of the babyswitch, what's going on with EJ, and the Stefano/Kate/Victor/Viv quad.

peaches179

Paxton
Oct 22 2009, 02:00 PM
Hopefully the hand shaking won't make its return.

:roflol:

Mirage75
Member Avatar

The Carly/Bo/Hope/Justin is the only story I'm interest in. I can't wait to see these four great actors working together.

The other stories just do not interest me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

I may start to sound like a broken record, but could we please have an interview from the show's HEAD WRITER for once?

Quote:

Glad to see we get a Sami and Nicole showdown before Arianne Zucker's leaves. I hope a stunt double is used and we get to see Sami beat the living shit out of Nicole for everything that she's done.

I'm glad we're going to see this from EJ's point of view as well.

Quote:

Bo and Carly and Justin and Hope are so refreshing. I may be in the minority, but I'm ready for a Bo and Hope break. At least this time, it won't be for the 353429th time with Billie or that nobody Patrick Lockhart.

Quote:

Finally! Something interesting happens and this story moves on. I'm glad to see Brady is joining her in the investigation. I hope there are still traces to Victor though even though he sold his territory to EJ. I love how Corday says that they're building to a relationship, yet he doesn't tihnk Arianna's going to end up with Brady. Then why are we building this relationship? Oh well. I hope this means Arianna is going to end up with EJ after that picture we saw. James Scott and Lindsay Hartley looked smoking hot in that picture.

Quote:

Glad to hear Melanie and Nathan and Philip and Stephanie are the rooting couples. While I wouldn't mind Nathan and Stephanie ending up as a couple, I don't want Philip anywhere near Melanie, romantically, in the long run. I really wish they would move Philip into the Brady, Arianna, Nicole, Sami, EJ, Rafe, Chloe territory and away from the kids. He would fit in so much better there. Move him out and develop a Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie triangle. I'd love it.

Quote:

Oh dear God! Why does every woman in Salem have to be told they can't have children? This is ridiculous and I don't see why soaps still use this cliche to produce drama when in a few years, when they need the story, they're just going to reverse it and produce some "miracle" and Chloe will end up pregnant. I'm sure Daniel will be devestated that Chloe can't have his child, which will lead him to his next prey, a woman that can have children. Maybe Lexie? I'll take it!

Quote:

Yay for Chad and Mia coming together in the end as they grieve their real baby's death. Please make Mia going to Chad bring out the bad boy in Will and he starts scheming to get Mia, just like his parents used to when they were his age. And I hope that Gabby is the "Lucas" to Will's "Sami" and the two are just partners in crime at first, but wind up having a thing for each other. I'll take it!

Quote:

In other words, they have no real story, but we'll throw them in a couple episodes each month and let them spar with one another, but nothing will ever amount to an actual story for them.

peaches179

DrewHamilton
Oct 22 2009, 02:16 PM

In other words, they have no real story, but we'll throw them in a couple episodes each month and let them spar with one another, but nothing will ever amount to an actual story for them.[/quote]
I agree.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Somebody please tell me why Sami is the one who gets to give birth to a multitude but the rest of Salem's women are baren ,or the baby dies?What will her children do when they get older,date eachother? I love that "hes a nice enough guy, he should get over it" Would be more interesting to see Daniel rattled by this and take a darker turn instead of being all of a sudden Mr.Clean.And please get him involved with Kiriakis family business
Edited by lastDays, Oct 22 2009, 03:04 PM.

Harmony233

lastDays
Oct 22 2009, 03:03 PM
Somebody please tell me why Sami is the one who gets to give birth to a multitude but the rest of Salem's women are baren ,or the baby dies?What will her children do when they get older,date eachother? I love that "hes a nice enough guy, he should get over it" Would be more interesting to see Daniel rattled by this and take a darker turn instead of being all of a sudden Mr.Clean.And please get him involved with Kiriakis family business
I swear it seems like either the women get raped or have problems getting preganant.Sami and Hope seem to be the only ones that don't have that problem.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Love the Safe reunion and I'm interested in Gabby and Mia and Will. Everything sounds really good.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 01:15 PM
Vivian returns to town in October. How is this a spoiler for November? LoL

Anyway, Victor/Kate/Vivian/Stefano sounds fun! Sami and EJ finally learning the truth is good as well. The rest sounds very "meh."

Thanks Angie! :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DrewHamilton
Oct 22 2009, 02:16 PM
Quote:

Oh dear God! Why does every woman in Salem have to be told they can't have children? This is ridiculous and I don't see why soaps still use this cliche to produce drama when in a few years, when they need the story, they're just going to reverse it and produce some "miracle" and Chloe will end up pregnant. I'm sure Daniel will be devestated that Chloe can't have his child, which will lead him to his next prey, a woman that can have children. Maybe Lexie? I'll take it!
I'm also pissed that they are making Chloe sterile too. I swear they want to make Sami the only female character on the show that is fertile and able to have children. Hey maybe she can be a surrogate for Danloe and any other couple who can't conceive down the road, it could be Sami's new job. She certainly has experience in the birthing department.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply