Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:November Sweeps!; November 3rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Oct 22 2009, 01:15 PM (6,396 Views)
ges
Member Avatar

Well, I guess they wrapped up the "big" story about Theo and his autism by Lexie telling Bo matter-of-factly that he had been mainstreamed in school. they made the rounds of the talk shows, and got alot of publicity about this. I think it will be a while time before they get publicity for any of their storylines because they burned the media on that one. (thank God)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Oh and let me guess. Sammi finds out that Sydney is hers and keeps this information from E.J. That really pisses me off, especially since she keeps saying that she made all these mistakes with Will by lying. God forbid E.J. and Sammi should have a good relationship. They are saving that possibility for after all the soap operas go the way of the dinosaur.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I look forward to seeing Ej's meltdown. I hope he feels like a fool...he was a fool. Lie down with dogs and get fleas. He should never have gotten involved with yucky Nicole. I can not wait for her to be exposed.... and I will relish seeing her go off to jail....though, it will not last long.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Aside from the Danloe story, I think I am actually looking forward to all the stories... shockingly.

sungrey

These stories sound pretty good... it will be interesting to see where Hope/Bo goes as long as it brings them together in the end. You can't keep them separated. Also... I want my Adrienne!!! :)

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think I would enjoy the stuff with Bo and Hope a whole lot more if there were legitimate reasons for their marital issues. I didn't watch for the first nine months of this year, but don't their problems stem from that stupid "Bo is a psychic" shit?

Also, I hate the way Hope is being written right now. I don't understand why she has to come across as so annoying in order to justify this breakup or whatever the hell you want to call it. It just bugs me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Oct 22 2009, 10:25 PM
I think I would enjoy the stuff with Bo and Hope a whole lot more if there were legitimate reasons for their marital issues. I didn't watch for the first nine months of this year, but don't their problems stem from that stupid "Bo is a psychic" shit?

Also, I hate the way Hope is being written right now. I don't understand why she has to come across as so annoying in order to justify this breakup or whatever the hell you want to call it. It just bugs me.
No. The psychic crap has been done since August. The kidnapping opened up old wounds.

I don't get the argument that there are no legitimate reasons for breaking up Bo and Hope. The show wrote some beautiful scenes that aired last week and some great scenes that aired in mid-September too that made it quite clear what the issues were. The kidnapping brought all the trust issues back. Bo and Hope have ALWAYS had trust issues. This goes back to the 80's. Bo was always keeping things from her for her own good or to protect her. The same in the 90's. The biggest issue was Zack's death and the subsequent cover-up and that is the big issue that they are playing. The kidnapping brought it all back. Bo always has to be in control and Hope always has to be stubborn and set in her ways. They are both reluctant to listen to each other but Hope has more of a reason not to given what Bo has done in the past. It's a trust issue and it's realistic. For once, the show is not forcing it or having an outside party bring the conflict into the story. The story is stemming from past history and the characters.

Bo and Hope never resolved the Zach issue. Hell, the Chelsea/Billie issue was settled in a few scenes and all but dropped. Hogan rushed all that to an end and Bo and Hope sort of just drifted back together and all was forgotten. Bo and Hope even discussed how they buried their issues last week. I can see some not wanting a triangle or quad for them but Bo and Hope's issues have always been there waiting to be explored and it's long past time the show does it. If that opens up a quad with them and Justin and Carly, so be it (especially since I want that LOL).

Also, in regards to Hope, I can see her side of this. She's a mother who has already lost a child. She's is worried for her child and got shaken to her very core. I can see Bo's side too. That is what is great about this story IMO.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 22 2009, 11:13 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Phoenix I agree. The kidnapping DID open up old wounds that never full were healed...I understand why Hope is mad at Bo...but I also understand Bo's side.

It is clear that they just MOVED on from Zach's death and all the deception and lies that followed it...they never did TRULY address it and deal with it.

While I am more on Bo's side than Hope's, I certainly understand why she is not ready to completely be back with Bo.

Her taking Ciara away from Bo though is a HUGE "bitch please" issue for me though...that is HIS child...WTF gives her the right to just MOVE her out of their home. If Hope wants out, she should pack her bags and leave...why should Ciara and Bo be seperated because of that!

I know some people feel this storyline is contrived and is a plot device to reunite Bo and Carly...but I don't think it is. The writing for this story has been very good thouigh IMO, especially those scenes last week between Bo & Hope.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 23 2009, 12:20 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Oct 23 2009, 12:18 AM
Her taking Ciara away from Bo though is a HUGE "bitch please" issue for me though...that is HIS child...WTF gives her the right to just MOVE her out of their home. If Hope wants out, she should pack her bags and leave...why should Ciara and Bo be seperated because of that!

Oh, I agree Hope is being a bitch but there is a difference between being a bitch with no rationale and being a bitch with rationale. I can see why she is overreacting and going to extremes. She nearly lost another child and feels Bo screwed up and that they just lucked out getting her back. Ciara has been through a traumatic experience and Bo has met her with resistance with every move she's made so I think she feels like she's been driven to this. Hope is always going to extremes so this is nothing new. That is why while some have felt her behavior is out of character of late I've argued it isn't. She's been like this in similar situations since day one. She's a spoiled, stubborn princess and always will be. I love Hope but that is the truth LOL. When she thinks she is right, watch out :laugh: .

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I don't know what it is, but I really don't see Hope that much of a bitch. Unreasonable, sure. But a bitch? She's nowhere near as shrill or bitchy now as she came across to me in 2006. Of course, I'm a freak who took Bo's side in the Zach aftermath.

dooldooldool

Kenny
Oct 22 2009, 05:46 PM
Vivian returns to town in October. How is this a spoiler for November? LoL
November Sweeps begin on Thursday October 29 and end the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (November 25).
Edited by dooldooldool, Oct 23 2009, 06:35 AM.

PHELLE FOREVER

No!!! I want PHELANIE! Philp and Melanie are so hot together.such chemistry. Nathan is a dullard, and is going to make sassy Mel dull too. And why doesn't Stephanie just go live with Steve and Kayla? She is not needed anymore. Geez. :(

cassie1013

I want Phelanie, too. I think Nathan is boring, and not really invested in that s/l.

WTF kind of Vivian/Kate/Stef/Vic spoiler is that? It'll be interesting? HOW? Take a friggin' PR course, omg.

Kailyn

Hope is ridiculous shes so over the top with her selfishness. shes not thinking about her daughter one little bit. and now shes marching Ciarra away from her safe home with her Daddy to live with Grampa Victor the mafia boss. I hope Bo doesn't take her back for awhile and let her stew in her bad decision. mean while Carly will take care of Bo and Hope can just stay mad with him all she wants.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Hope/Bo/Justin/Carly: I like this story. It really makes since to me and seems to be well orchestrated and executed. Hope may be just a tinge out of character, but considering all she has lost in the last five years or so, it doesn't seem forced or out of reason.

I will say this; it reminds me a little of when Sheri Anderson decided to explore John and Marlena. At the time, I was a Roman and Marlena fan. I didn't want John and Marlena together. Anderson, along with Reilly once he came on board, decided that the show had swept Marlena's feelings for John under the rug for the sake of reuniting a supercouple. Roman and Marlena were a supercouple in the eighties, and TPTB decided just to stick Roman and Marlena back together once Wayne Northrup returned. Fans at the time screamed that Marlena would never have an affair. However, over time we understood that she couldn't just turn her emotions off for John, since she believed him to be her husband for years.

Hope lost a child, and speaking as a father, I think the loss of a child could wreck a marriage, especially if there is a spouse feeling her husband shared a small portion of responsibility. This is a very reasonable and character driven approach. The issue of Zack's death, and Bo and Hope's different approaches to parenting, are enough reasons to send this marriage into a tailspin.

The question is, will Bo and Hope, the last glamorous 80's supercouple of old, survive this avalanche of emotions, and Carly's return to town? The old Days that we knew for two decades would NEVER split these two up for good. This isn't Salem 1980-2007 though. This is more like the original Days I hardly remember and hear about from my family. Days has returned to it's original form, and guessing the endgame and rooting interest seems futile.

I'm glad we are back to basics. I'm glad the show may break these two apart, and I'm glad I actually think it could be for a long while, if not for good. I'm glad the show is not selling it's soul for a "Money Couple". I'm buying this, and loving it!

Mason
Member Avatar

Bo and Hope will end up together in the end. It's not even a question.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

If Bo and Hope were split up last year, I would say they will be reunited and that they'll be the money couple. However, like others have said, we're watching a brand new DAYS now. Supercouples don't have the power they once did. It may be a good thing.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 01:15 PM

"There is a lot going on and it's going on in a rapid pace, " says Executive Producer Ken Corday. "There is a big reveal in the baby story, but it's not the end....."
Nice, Corday. Drag it out a few more months why don't you. Perhaps when Sydney is graduating from high school (or getting with Philip) it will finally be the end.

Quote:

Sami/Nicole/EJ/Rafe:We will get the reunion of Sami and Rafe. Sami will learn that Sydney's her daughter, but EJ is the one to have a meltdown after finding this out. Sami and Nicole will have a major showdown. Nicole will decide to run away with the baby after she is arrested. A big story here is what this will do to EJ, who has been deceived three times. Look for Nicole to go to jail, which will coincide with Ari's maternity leave.

I don't read anything about EJ/Sami here which relieves me. Not sure why people think EJ finding out about Nicole's deception will somehow undo Sami's earlier (and just as bad) deceptions. What I wish the show would do, is actually STOP playing the blame game and allow EJ to actually take a hard hard look at himself. What is it about him that makes women deceive him in such ways? Could it be in the manner he loves? (yes) Could it be because he's so tied to his father? (yes) Could it be because he can become a hypocritical monster? (yes, yes and yes) But they wouldn't dare do that. Much easier to point fingers and say "Nicole did this so thus I'm not responsible" A few months ago it was "Sami did this so I'm not responsible for the mayhem I created."

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Carly/Justin: Carly's arrival marked the beginning of a very big story. There will be a slow burn into it. Bo and Hope are growing apart in their marriage. Carly is there for Bo, and Justin for Hope. And then Vivian returns to town.

Outside of Phelony, I'm so angry with this. I'm so tired of Bope being put into triangles/quads. I'm so tired of the fact that a couple who could provide a real stable relationship and be a testament to what couples could wind up achieving if they stick it out, are instead used to act off of tired soap practices and contrived misunderstandings. And though Bo had a relationship with Carly for 10 minutes back in the early 90s, I hardly think that should mean immediately disaster for Bope anymore then for Hope to suddenly start to feel something for her husband's cousin.

Quote:

Brady/Arianna: Arianna confesses to Brady that she's working undercover for the cops. He promises to help her investigate who is running the drugs through Salem. Are we building a relationship between these two? Yes. In the end though, I don't think she's going to end up with Brady.

Sounds like she's got the investigative skill set as Jett Carver.

Quote:

Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Phillip: It's a merry-go-round with them. Melanie is torn between Nathan and Phillip. The rooting interest is for Melanie and Nathan, and eventually for Phillip and Stephanie to get past their problems. We are not there yet.

Merry Go round is a good term given I see Melanie sitting up on a pony holding one of those giant suckers. So the most likable person in the quad doesn't even sound like she's in it. What will she be doing while Nathan and Philip will be fighting over a teenager? Perhaps going to shop at BabyGap so she can get the guys OLDER THAN HER to notice her?

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe: She learns she can't have children. Will they overcome to devastating news? He is a nice guy he should be able to get past the fact that she can't have babies.

When it comes to babies, can this show only do extremes? You are either a barren woman with maybe a long shot miracle chance of having a child, or you have the reproductive skill of white rabbits and can shoot them out faster then a person can ask "Who's the father?" I think this story is more about they don't know what to do with Chloe and Daniel, and pulling out old scripts. I would have rather seen Daniel opposite Carly since it might have been interesting to see him fall for a colleague rather then a patient for a change.

Quote:

Chad/Mia/Will: Chad and Mia are devasted when they find out that their baby is the one who died. It will bring them closer. Look for Rafe and Arianna's sister Gabby to come to town and fold into this story.

Or you know, instead of bringing in a whole new character, you could just add in Melanie who SHOULD be in this group.

Quote:

Victor/Kate/Stefano/Vivian: We will be playing these four and it will be very interesting.

Unfortunately we have to wait for Corday to let us know when things are interesting, as viewers we typically miss it.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 27 2009, 05:02 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tripp
Oct 27 2009, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately we have to wait for Corday to let us know when things are interesting, as viewers we typically miss it.
:iloveyou: Your whole post is hilariously awesome, but I must give particular approval to this observation!

cassie1013

Daysfanatic79
Oct 27 2009, 12:36 PM
Hope/Bo/Justin/Carly: I like this story. It really makes since to me and seems to be well orchestrated and executed. Hope may be just a tinge out of character, but considering all she has lost in the last five years or so, it doesn't seem forced or out of reason.

I will say this; it reminds me a little of when Sheri Anderson decided to explore John and Marlena. At the time, I was a Roman and Marlena fan. I didn't want John and Marlena together. Anderson, along with Reilly once he came on board, decided that the show had swept Marlena's feelings for John under the rug for the sake of reuniting a supercouple. Roman and Marlena were a supercouple in the eighties, and TPTB decided just to stick Roman and Marlena back together once Wayne Northrup returned. Fans at the time screamed that Marlena would never have an affair. However, over time we understood that she couldn't just turn her emotions off for John, since she believed him to be her husband for years.

Hope lost a child, and speaking as a father, I think the loss of a child could wreck a marriage, especially if there is a spouse feeling her husband shared a small portion of responsibility. This is a very reasonable and character driven approach. The issue of Zack's death, and Bo and Hope's different approaches to parenting, are enough reasons to send this marriage into a tailspin.

The question is, will Bo and Hope, the last glamorous 80's supercouple of old, survive this avalanche of emotions, and Carly's return to town? The old Days that we knew for two decades would NEVER split these two up for good. This isn't Salem 1980-2007 though. This is more like the original Days I hardly remember and hear about from my family. Days has returned to it's original form, and guessing the endgame and rooting interest seems futile.

I'm glad we are back to basics. I'm glad the show may break these two apart, and I'm glad I actually think it could be for a long while, if not for good. I'm glad the show is not selling it's soul for a "Money Couple". I'm buying this, and loving it!
Ooh, this is a great post and raises an interesting topic. While John/Marlena/Roman was before my time, I find John/Marlena an interesting case study. To my generation, we don't know any different...it's hard to break a super couple up, but they did it effectively.

At this point, I don't think it's even a question of Bo and Hope not ending up together. I think it's a different time now, and Bo and Hope are such an instrumental, iconic part of DAYS. Also, they're young enough to still maintain relevance.

With that said, I'd really love to see them bring in a strong male interloper for Hope....I'm not sure if Justin is a strong enough character to pull it off. I feel like so much of Bo and Hope has to do with emphasis on who else Bo's been with...Billie, for instance, became a completely worn out and tired character because of this. Hope hasn't had another proper love interest in a long time (and Patrick doesn't count, nor does the Gina era).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply