Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of November 2nd; *UPDATED 10/31*
Topic Started: Oct 22 2009, 01:19 PM (16,816 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 22 2009, 03:50 PM
What happened to Meredeth?
She's hanging out with Owen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

"So it's better to sneak in to Sami's home to steal DNA rather than simply tell her of his suspicions and get her cooperation on getting the DNA samples? I don't see it that way. She's not a fragile flower - if he feels strongly enough about it to sneak in to her home (more than once) he should tell her about it. If he's wrong, so be it. But the secrecy with this guy just gets old."

She is fragile when it comes to losing Grace and possibly losing another child. The dumbest thing for Rafe to do is to tell Sami and have Stefano and Nicole find out. They could easily alter the DNA results and trust me it would totally crash Sami's world if she get her hopes up again. You have to think smart. Rafe is not trying to hurt Sami, he's only trying to help her.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 23 2009, 11:22 AM
"So it's better to sneak in to Sami's home to steal DNA rather than simply tell her of his suspicions and get her cooperation on getting the DNA samples? I don't see it that way. She's not a fragile flower - if he feels strongly enough about it to sneak in to her home (more than once) he should tell her about it. If he's wrong, so be it. But the secrecy with this guy just gets old."

She is fragile when it comes to losing Grace and possibly losing another child. The dumbest thing for Rafe to do is to tell Sami and have Stefano and Nicole find out. They could easily alter the DNA results and trust me it would totally crash Sami's world if she get her hopes up again. You have to think smart. Rafe is not trying to hurt Sami, he's only trying to help her.
ITA, Sami isn't a fragile flower UNTIL it comes to her children and although she has a strong exterior you can still tell that's the one area that could break Sami. Especially seen in those power scenes when she broke down about Grace with her dad and Rafe. And let's not forget Sami already thought Rafe was going off the deep end about Grace's death when he would worry about her n Nicole being friends so you could just imagine if he told her the switch story without proof she would probably think he needs therapy from her Mom. So I think he's right in not saying anything thus far.

kitkat
Member Avatar

daysknowitall
Oct 23 2009, 12:02 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 23 2009, 11:22 AM

ITA, Sami isn't a fragile flower UNTIL it comes to her children and although she has a strong exterior you can still tell that's the one area that could break Sami. Especially seen in those power scenes when she broke down about Grace with her dad and Rafe. And let's not forget Sami already thought Rafe was going off the deep end about Grace's death when he would worry about her n Nicole being friends so you could just imagine if he told her the switch story without proof she would probably think he needs therapy from her Mom. So I think he's right in not saying anything thus far.
ITA, If this is what we think it is... The week of October the 26th both Nicole & Stef try to tell Sami the truth... both fail. So if we look at this future history, then we will note that telling Sami that Sydney is hers will not be easy, the past few weeks may be opened up to Rafe by Ari or by Sami (if Sami sees him before the sneak in...). And especially if he finds out about Mia & Chad, he's gonna have to go gently into the truth, and make sure there are no mistakes in his theories. We know the truth is a fact, but he doesn't. All he knows is his theory, make sense of the whole fiasco.

Mia is distraught over Will? What does Will do? DId I read that right? Isn't she fixing to have enough dumped on her plate?
Edited by kitkat, Oct 23 2009, 02:52 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I may have missed something since I'm neither a Sami nor a Rafe fan, but why are we talking about Rafe concealing the truth from her? It's been a long time and my memory's not that good, but I thought Rafe got whacked in the head by Meredith before he could tell Sami what he had figured out--didn't he even leave her a phone message before he got attacked? Since then he's been floating for some undetermined period before being rescued by Carly and he's been only semi-conscious. The spoilers for next Friday say he makes contact with Arianna and tells her what he knows, and then the following week all we know is he sees Sami. Do we know for sure he doesn't tell Sami when he finds her?

I don't see it as a big deal that he tells Arianna first. She's his sister and they're apparently close, though I'm still not sure how that can be given their backstory full of holes. She's been his sounding board to some extent, and for all I know he's not sure how kindly Sami will receive him since he doesn't know why she thinks he hasn't been in touch with her. I mean, if he tells Arianna and then goes straight to Sami I don't see that as a big deal. It's all just plot point writing anyway to drag out the reveal.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 23 2009, 03:08 PM
I may have missed something since I'm neither a Sami nor a Rafe fan, but why are we talking about Rafe concealing the truth from her? It's been a long time and my memory's not that good, but I thought Rafe got whacked in the head by Meredith before he could tell Sami what he had figured out--didn't he even leave her a phone message before he got attacked? Since then he's been floating for some undetermined period before being rescued by Carly and he's been only semi-conscious. The spoilers for next Friday say he makes contact with Arianna and tells her what he knows, and then the following week all we know is he sees Sami. Do we know for sure he doesn't tell Sami when he finds her?

I don't see it as a big deal that he tells Arianna first. She's his sister and they're apparently close, though I'm still not sure how that can be given their backstory full of holes. She's been his sounding board to some extent, and for all I know he's not sure how kindly Sami will receive him since he doesn't know why she thinks he hasn't been in touch with her. I mean, if he tells Arianna and then goes straight to Sami I don't see that as a big deal. It's all just plot point writing anyway to drag out the reveal.
Everybody is theorizing why Rafe sneaks into Sami's place... The Rafe bashers are making him seem evil for doing so, like he is trying to conceal the truth ... And the Rafe supporters are giving plausable reasoning.... That is all...

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well its simple really. The Ejami fans want desperately for Rafe to be an interloper, so they need for him to do something wrong to make him one, since he hasn't really done anything all that terribly bad to Sami (that could even hold a candle to what EJ has done) they need to grasp to the idea that Rafe might intentionally keep the truth from Sami, even if only for a short time, because he is so worried that Sami will go running back to EJ (roflmao) once she knows their child is alive. Safe fans, of course, want Rafe to be Sami's hero, which it unfortunately looks like he will be, even though his entire purpose has been to steal Lucas's place/story that should have been his, but I digress. I am not a Rafe fan, but I don't hate the guy, and I don't need him to be a bad guy to have hope for Lumi, so I couldn't really care much less about if/when/why Rafe spills about Syd.

As a parting thought to my ramblings ... all roads do not necessarily lead back to Ejami, or Safe, or even my Lumi.

kenseysmom

I for one cant wait till all this juicy SAFE stuff goes down! FINALLY saw the spoiler pic of them! My GOSH it feels like its been forever!! I just hope we can get through this next week quickly and get to when Sami and her man reunite :)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

kitkat
Oct 23 2009, 03:31 PM
Paxton
Oct 23 2009, 03:08 PM

Everybody is theorizing why Rafe sneaks into Sami's place... The Rafe bashers are making him seem evil for doing so, like he is trying to conceal the truth ... And the Rafe supporters are giving plausable reasoning.... That is all...
:roflol: :roflol: Okay....

But to clarify, I'm not saying he's being evil by not telling her the truth. I really don't think he could pull that off. It's just his typical chauvanistic self. This is the same guy who forbids her from daring to ask for any details about his past - pesky things like why he's accused of killing his ex. Apparently, that's not for her to be concerned with. So it holds with the character. Per Rafe - Sami is to be seen and not heard. Nor can she be trusted to make a decision on her own and God forbid he discuss anything of any significance with her.

Stepford Sami = happy Rafe. :wub2:

Alligato
Member Avatar

aimees76
Oct 23 2009, 03:45 PM
Well its simple really. The Ejami fans want desperately for Rafe to be an interloper, so they need for him to do something wrong to make him one, since he hasn't really done anything all that terribly bad to Sami (that could even hold a candle to what EJ has done) they need to grasp to the idea that Rafe might intentionally keep the truth from Sami, even if only for a short time, because he is so worried that Sami will go running back to EJ (roflmao) once she knows their child is alive. Safe fans, of course, want Rafe to be Sami's hero, which it unfortunately looks like he will be, even though his entire purpose has been to steal Lucas's place/story that should have been his, but I digress. I am not a Rafe fan, but I don't hate the guy, and I don't need him to be a bad guy to have hope for Lumi, so I couldn't really care much less about if/when/why Rafe spills about Syd.

As a parting thought to my ramblings ... all roads do not necessarily lead back to Ejami, or Safe, or even my Lumi.
Oh, aimee! I love it when you call it like it is! :iloveyou:

And it makes me smile about the Rafe taking Lucas' part. You are right...this really could be his story if they didn't fuck it up so bad. I almost wished that they would have played it as Lucas pretended to be daddy and having EJ figuring it out. Thier rivalry kind of fizzled once Lucas shot EJ.

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 23 2009, 04:02 PM
This is the same guy who forbids her from daring to ask for any details about his past - pesky things like why he's accused of killing his ex. Apparently, that's not for her to be concerned with.
Nothing pisses me off more about Rafe than his pigheadedness about no questions from his past even though it has everything to do with Sami, yet his drive to dig into Nicole's past which has nothing to do with him. Asshole prick!

Sami should have figured it out, Nicole should have screwed up, EJ should have known all along and playing Nicole...but no!

JMO, of course!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 23 2009, 04:18 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 23 2009, 04:02 PM
This is the same guy who forbids her from daring to ask for any details about his past - pesky things like why he's accused of killing his ex. Apparently, that's not for her to be concerned with.
Nothing pisses me off more about Rafe than his pigheadedness about no questions from his past even though it has everything to do with Sami, yet his drive to dig into Nicole's past which has nothing to do with him. Asshole prick!

Sami should have figured it out, Nicole should have screwed up, EJ should have known all along and playing Nicole...but no!

JMO, of course!
On this, we most definitely agree. :cheers:

And for what it's worth, I also agree that it would have been a much better story if they had left Lucas in it rather than replacing him with Rafe. There is a much better chemistry (IMO) between AS and BD than she has with GG. Not to mention it would have made for a tighter story. No doubt the EJamis and Lumis would have still been going at things tooth and nail but from the overall perspective, I would have much rather watched BD be given good material rather than be tossed aside as he was - despite being one third of yet another forced triangle. That and he's a better actor than GG. But again...just my opinion. :shrug:

aimees76
Member Avatar

Couldn't agree more. Bry got screwed. Fuckin' Higley/Tomlin ...
I don't personally hold it against GG though, or even the character of Rafe. I find Rafe to be completely blah. I just couldn't care less one way or the other about him. He could stay or he could go and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me. As far as I am concerned, Lumi could still reunite some day regardless of whether Ej, Rafe, freaking Austin, or even Brandon were all on the canvas.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^that's the spirit, aimee! It doesn't matter who is in her orbit, just love on your couple!
And I don't blame GG. I am not sure I blame AS eventhough I blamed her all along. Her pregnancy shouldn't have been written in, and maybe she could have figured out Nicole's deception and played EJ with it. Dunno. But if Lucas would have gone into WP with Sami, we would have been spared the miserable Luloe...and that would have made everything worth it. :)

And I miss BD. He didn't deserve the shit he got.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

aimees76
Oct 23 2009, 05:11 PM
Couldn't agree more. Bry got screwed. Fuckin' Higley/Tomlin ...
I don't personally hold it against GG though, or even the character of Rafe. I find Rafe to be completely blah. I just couldn't care less one way or the other about him. He could stay or he could go and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me. As far as I am concerned, Lumi could still reunite some day regardless of whether Ej, Rafe, freaking Austin, or even Brandon were all on the canvas.

I agree with this. I'm not idiotic enough to ever believe a pairing can't happen. Hell - I'm a tried and true EJami fan - that's been nothing but an exercise in holding on to the hope that it'll happen. :lol:

If there is one thing that's a guarantee on Soaps it's that no couple won't be separated at some point. Look at Bope right now. The one remaining 'super couple' on the show and here they are about to be ripped apart and paired, however temporarily, with other characters.

michelle
Member Avatar

I find it funny that because I am an EJAMI fan, that MUST be the sole and only reason I hate Rafe. I hate Rafe because his character (and his sister too) bore the ever-living crap out of me. Of course his corniness, evasiveness and holier than thou attitude don't help either. I just don't like him period and it has NADA to do with Ej and Sami.

I LOVED Brandon Walker and thought he and Sami had AWESOME HOT chemistry. When he and Sami were in the car when she was waiting for Lucas to get help - I wanted them to go at it like dogs in heat! Brandon was just so much sexier and sweeter than Lucas ever was.

So, it's not just that I hate Rafe because he is blocking my EJAMI, I really just don't care for the character. I'd be happy if the IIC would bring back Brandon, especially since Nic is in hot water. The EJAMIDON Triangle would be way better to watch - I'd win either way!

Not that anyone cares, just thought I'd thrown in my 2 cents.
Edited by michelle, Oct 23 2009, 08:54 PM.

sdutsch
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 01:19 PM
SOW Spoilers
-Mia is distraught over Will.
-Lexie warns Chad about Nicole.
-Rafe sneaks into Sami's place.
-Bo and Hope argue about Carly.
A liitle more detail...

- A new plan gets underway as Stefano and Nicole
scramble to do damage control before Rafe can
reveal the baby switch secret ...
- Lexie has a warning for Chad the dad!
- Kate is irked about Vivian, perhaps bothered by
her proximity to Philip, or Victor - or both!
- A couple reconnect ...
Rafe secretly slips into Sami's home!
- Hope is mad about Bo's ex!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

National Enquirer Spoilers
-Arianna fears she has lost Brady for good.
-Carly is arrested by the Feds as she tries to leave the house.
-Sydney and Chad get blood drawn for a DNA test to determine if Chad is Sydney's father.

Mason
Member Avatar

sdutsch
Oct 23 2009, 09:09 PM
Kate is irked about Vivian, perhaps bothered by her proximity to Philip, or Victor - or both!
I love it!

Alligato
Member Avatar

What can Stefano and Nicole do?
If Chad is the father, Nicole loses the baby.
DNA should prove that EJ is the father, but Nicole loses out.
I don't know what Stefano thinks he can do except let the truth come out.

Thanks, Angie!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply