Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Louise Sorel; November 3rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Oct 22 2009, 01:42 PM (2,165 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A fabulous face from the past resurfaces this week; the incomparable Vivian. Louise Sorel discusses her characters return.

SOW:People are so excited about Vivian coming back.

LS:I've heard that, but it's so hard to digest because it's been 10 years. Can you believe it? What took them so long? I love the character and always thought it was insane to drop her. I said that when I left the show.

SOW:Who contacted you about returning?

LS:Gary Tomlin. Gary told me Crystal Chappell was coming back, which I already knew. Gary said they were thinking of bringing Vivian back, too. I was nonplussed.

SOWS:And interested?

LS:Oh, yes. Gary said he had to get back to the writers, so I let it go. It was at least three weeks before my agent called and said "This is a reality."

SOW:What was your first day on the set like?

LS:Very emotional. I went in for a fitting. I walked down the hallway and saw the old pictures that were all still there of Mac Carey. Then I saw the crew, and that did it for me. I burst into tears. I love those guys. I always did.

SOW:When we first see Vivian, she's receiving Lawrence's ashes. What can you share about that scene?

LS:It's very brief and very mysterious. There's a big hat. Then there's my face and a voice: "Find Carly Manning." It's one of those ominous kickoffs on a Friday. Interestingly enough, just before Halloween, the witch is back.

SOW:So that animosity for Carly is still there?

LS:Alive and kicking. Vivian plans to torture her, although I don't know how. She's convinced that Carly killed Lawrence.

SOW:Have you gotten to work with Crystal yet?

LS:Yes. It's hard to hate her (onscreen). It's like I have to turn on a switch. I've known her for 14 years.

SOW:And will you get to work with Michael at all, despite Lawrence being dead?

LS:Lawrence comes back as a ghost. I'm hoping the ghost visits me. I love him. He's a lovely man. They're both amazing.

SOW:What have you been doing since you left DAYS?

LS:I did a couple of other shows (Port Charles and Passions) and some theater. I didn't purposely check out, but it gets more and more difficult for those of us who are not 20. I didn't put myself in a position where if I didn't work I couldn't pay my bills. Bascially, I'd gone on in my life to write. I started taking writing courses.

SOW:So what's Vivian like this time around?

LS:I'm just grasping that. She's definitely as annoying as ever and funny. Nobody welcomes her. Everybody says "Go away"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recap. I'm glad to see they will be infusing Vivian's humor with her hatred for Carly. This show needs some more humor.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thank you. I am thrilled with her return and it will be great to see her on the show again. I always loved Vivian and the things she did. One never knew what Auntie Viv would be into or turn up as next and she made the show so exciting. I can hear her now...paging Dr. Woo. LOL

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 01:42 PM

LS:Alive and kicking. Vivian plans to torture her, although I don't know how. She's convinced that Carly killed Lawrence.
I guess she's seen the same flashback ad nauseum that we have.

Thanks for posting, Angie! Should be fun to see her again.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

Can't wait for Viv's return, and some more humor added to this show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This has me so excited for next Friday. And I can't wait until she gets back to Salem and interacts with everyone. I love that everyone's annoyed by her return. In my head, I can see Kate's reaction to seeing Vivian for the first time. Lauren Koslow will do that "OH MY GOD" loudly under her breath as her eyes roll and she moves her head to the other side. LOL! Can't wait!!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

She at least sounds happy and excited to be back unlike Crystal.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 22 2009, 02:31 PM
Agreed.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Casting tidbit:

Kamall Shaikh (Gus):Vivian's new partner in crime first appears on November 4th. (SOW says October 30th)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 03:02 PM
Casting tidbit:

Kamall Shaikh (Gus):Vivian's new partner in crime first appears on November 4th. (SOW says October 30th)
Grr! No one will ever replace Ivan, especially someone named Gus. I can't see Vivian Alamain ever associating with someone by the name.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Oct 22 2009, 03:03 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Can't wait

aimees76
Member Avatar

I CANNOT wait!!!! YAY!

AlteredStates

Sindacco
I don't get it. Crystal has said repeatedly in tweets and interviews how happy she is to be back at Days and what a blast she's having. She's plainly delighted with the changes they've made to Carly's character. Where exactly did she indicate that she's not a happy camper?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 01:42 PM
SOW:What was your first day on the set like?

LS:Very emotional. I went in for a fitting. I walked down the hallway and saw the old pictures that were all still there of Mac Carey. Then I saw the crew, and that did it for me. I burst into tears. I love those guys. I always did.

SOW:When we first see Vivian, she's receiving Lawrence's ashes. What can you share about that scene?

LS:It's very brief and very mysterious. There's a big hat. Then there's my face and a voice: "Find Carly Manning." It's one of those ominous kickoffs on a Friday. Interestingly enough, just before Halloween, the witch is back.
Aww @ her crying.

I love her return scene! I hope it plays as well as it sounds.

Win

AlteredStates
Oct 22 2009, 04:50 PM
Sindacco
I don't get it. Crystal has said repeatedly in tweets and interviews how happy she is to be back at Days and what a blast she's having. She's plainly delighted with the changes they've made to Carly's character. Where exactly did she indicate that she's not a happy camper?
I agree. This myth that Crystal isn't happy to be back at Days keeps perpetuating, and it's completely erroneous. She's thrilled, loves the cast and crew, and has repeatedly said how wonderful her storyline is.

Mason
Member Avatar

No one's stated that she isn't happy as if it were a fact. What they have said is that, to them, it doesn't seem like she's happy. I don't really have an opinion either way, but I think it has more to do with what she hasn't said than what she has.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

All I know is I'm happy Vivian's back. That return scene sounds great, and I LOVE that they're using this old characters for cliffhangers. Interesting assumption that people care enough about Carly Manning and whatever her deal is to be intrigued by the woman looking for her.

I mean- I know we're intrigued, for the most part. But the fact that TPTB are recognizing it, using it instead of telling us to go to luncheons and whatnot is awesome.
Edited by px780, Oct 22 2009, 09:59 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

If they are giving Vivian a sidekick it should be Ivan or nobody. Bet "Gus" won't call her Madam.

Everything else though has me super psyched for Vivian to come back. I love the way she explains the story and her character in the interviews. I wonder if they will let her write or improv anything?

Kenny
Member Avatar

I think what I'm most excited for is to hear Vivian say "Caaahhlyy" again, LoL. I always loved the way she pronounced Carly's name.

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 22 2009, 10:03 PM
If they are giving Vivian a sidekick it should be Ivan or nobody. Bet "Gus" won't call her Madam.

Everything else though has me super psyched for Vivian to come back. I love the way she explains the story and her character in the interviews. I wonder if they will let her write or improv anything?
I wouldn't be surprised. Louise seems to know her character very well -- probably better than the writers. And it's been said that Louise was never one to idly sit back and not question the material. As she gets more comfortable at Days, I'm sure she'll feel more open to giving some input.

I just hope this isn't a case of yet another botched return. We've seen it so many times in the past with Billie, Jack and Jennifer, Steve and Kayla, Carrie and Austin, Frankie, etc. The list goes on. I hope Vivian and Carly will be different.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply