Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New soundtrack coming soon
Topic Started: Oct 22 2009, 03:19 PM (3,940 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 23 2010, 11:15 PM
OMG! Kim & Shane's angsty theme! I can't tell you how many times in the mid-1980s the show would end on Patsy Pease sobbing her eyes out and that theme carrying through over the end credits. I am so snagged all of these to play on my computer for inspiration whenever I get around to doing a DAYSfic.
Finally! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OMG!

Thanks so much for that link!

I love these themes, especially Steve and Kayla's and Roman and Marlena's.

I may just use these for my fan fiction LOL.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

WOW! The music back then was so good. Listening to a couple of those brought back some great memories of DAYS and how good it was back then.

Thanks for the link.

jocelynel3
Member Avatar

What? No "Friends and Lovers" by Liz (can't remember her real name). That's one song I thought that TPTB would include on this soundtrack. It actually made the Top 40 playlist at the time????

cassie1013

LOL, this is funny - especially because in last week's discussion thread, I was makin' a whole lotta hoopla about the new music in the Kate/Stefano scenes. It's definitely better than the shit that we're used to.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Days music went downhill once Marty Davich left. I know he went to GH but Corday should have done everything he could have to keep Davich.

Thanks for the YT link. Some of those tracks bring back such memories. I'm listening to the one right now for Roman's death. I can remember those scenes so clearly because up until that point I could only watch the show during the summer or on holidays. My family finally got a VCR in November, 1984 and some of the first VCR scenes I saw involved Roman's death.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Feb 24 2010, 01:26 AM
Days music went downhill once Marty Davich left. I know he went to GH but Corday should have done everything he could have to keep Davich.

Thanks for the YT link. Some of those tracks bring back such memories. I'm listening to the one right now for Roman's death. I can remember those scenes so clearly because up until that point I could only watch the show during the summer or on holidays. My family finally got a VCR in November, 1984 and some of the first VCR scenes I saw involved Roman's death.
It didn't go drastically downhill but it took a hit. I think it really began to lose it in late 1997. From that point to early 2007 we got all this techno and over the top junk with a few good scores in between. When Ed Scott came on, things began to improve and, even after he left, it's still improved. The music is better now then it was from 1997-early 2007 but that isn't saying much. I would still kill for Marty Davich to be back. His work on every show he's been with (Days, GH, ER) has been superb.

Roman and Marlena's theme, Roman's theme, Bo and Hope's theme and wedding theme, and Steve and Kayla's theme are just EPIC.

jane1978

Those are too slow and boring for my taste. I like some early 90´s Davich scores I remember from the show but sadly none seems to be included here. I quess these are from early to mid 80´s and without the emotional connection created to them during watching it doesn´t work on me.

As for the soundtrack, I´m big fan of synth/electronic music so I like most of Corday´s scores for the show. Especially during JER first run when the show had money and he had a lot of time there were some great scores. Now the music director is on clock as everybody else so they are using only few scores from cathalog again and again, but there are still some longer scenes sometime when the music surprises. Maybe I will buy the soundtrack.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 24 2010, 03:04 AM
dc cubs

It didn't go drastically downhill but it took a hit. I think it really began to lose it in late 1997. From that point to early 2007 we got all this techno and over the top junk with a few good scores in between. When Ed Scott came on, things began to improve and, even after he left, it's still improved. The music is better now then it was from 1997-early 2007 but that isn't saying much. I would still kill for Marty Davich to be back. His work on every show he's been with (Days, GH, ER) has been superb.

Roman and Marlena's theme, Roman's theme, Bo and Hope's theme and wedding theme, and Steve and Kayla's theme are just EPIC.
I totally disagree. Yes the music improved sometime after Ed Scott came on if we compare it with 2003-2006 but there is no way the music from 2007-present is better than 1997-2002, no way. And some of the music that played in late 2007-early 2008 was music from the early 2000s.

And I agree with you Jane. Many of Davich's scores are slow and boring, he did get better in the early 90s. To bad that person on youtube didn't have the full versions of Victor's Theme and Stefano's Theme. The only good scores he composed were the themes for the couples and characters. His other scores were mediocre. And I think it's funny how he on his website completely ignores the fact that he worked on DAYS and GH.

The soundtrack was released yesterday so can someone remove the "rumor" part in the title please :)
Edited by Sindacco, Feb 24 2010, 06:48 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sindacco
Feb 24 2010, 06:44 AM
PhoenixRising05
Feb 24 2010, 03:04 AM
dc cubs

I totally disagree. Yes the music improved sometime after Ed Scott came on if we compare it with 2003-2006 but there is no way the music from 2007-present is better than 1997-2002, no way. And some of the music that played in late 2007-early 2008 was music from the early 2000s.

And I agree with you Jane. Many of Davich's scores are slow and boring, he did get better in the early 90s. To bad that person on youtube didn't have the full versions of Victor's Theme and Stefano's Theme. The only good scores he composed were the themes for the couples and characters. His other scores were mediocre. And I think it's funny how he on his website completely ignores the fact that he worked on DAYS and GH.

The soundtrack was released yesterday so can someone remove the "rumor" part in the title please :)
I'm not saying every score from that period was bad but there were some awful ones. I did like the stuff used in the jungle storyline and some of the emotional scores were very good. It was the sci-fi/techno shit that sucked pretty much. The Princess Gina theme was great too.

I just think there was more of a return to actual dramatic scores and a departure from the techno junk once Scott joined and continuing to this day and I'm happy about it because that stuff was so loud and annoying that sometimes it took you right out of a scene.

I will agree that Davich's best was for characters and couples as you mentioned but those were pretty much all the scores the show used (he tended to use them repeatedly, much like the show does right now) for that period in the 80's so I don't really remember any other scores that were used regularly that weren't very good. Yes, his scores were slow but they were emotional and suited dramatic, emotional scenes well.

I will agree that his stuff in the early 90's was probably his best only because he tended to actually start developing scores outside of just characters and couples. The scores also began to get more of a primetime feel to them. They had more punch and weren't so "soapy."

KathyB16
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Feb 23 2010, 10:16 PM

I just found this post.

I wish they put the old music on CD.

How many can listen to cassettes anymore :frownie:

and this one very expensive

DOOLFAN123

I'm Not Sure I like This. But I loved The Music Back in the Day. DOOL Music Has Changed alot!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply