Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TVGC Suds Rpt 10/23 — Days to be renewed?
Topic Started: Oct 23 2009, 12:45 PM (1,215 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Suds/Articles/091023_suds_report_NB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I hope the news about a Days renewal very soon is true. Their ratings success over the past year should get it done. I just hope it is more than a one year deal.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Quote:

— What major news is being kept under wraps? Even by The Suds Report! Sorry, our lips are sealed shut.

Is this news that will ever be revealed, or news so big it'll remain a blind item forever? Like that story from Hinsey about an actor who beat his wife and was arrested on set. She said they didn't report it because it would hurt the actor's career. Is it something like that or simply a big story that is on hold as it develops?

As for DAYS, I must say I'm impressed as well although I don't watch. I simply can't get over those awful teens. Chad, Mia and Will are all terrible. I personally miss Christopher Gerse who had amazing chemistry with Lucas and Sami. They were like a wacky little soap family. I liked that he was a gawky teenager and I felt the love between the three. As crazy and Lucas and Sami are it only makes sense that their son would be like that. Now all three characters I dislike.

I think since NBC has such primetime troubles they need to pour lots of time into promoting DAYS, a genuine hit. Start touting the huge success of Today and DAYS together. Get the cast out of all the talk shows, including Jay Leno and the late night stuff. This is one of the only hits the network has. I also wouldn't count out a primetime episode. Even if only four or five million people sample the show, imagine if some of those viewers decide to tune in for the daytime viewings. That could be the difference between two more years and five.

Soaps need hustlers who can get their name out there. Various shows have proven that viewers CAN return, but you have to work for it.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Days has GOT to be renewed.They are the biggest story in Soaps this yearThe turn around is astounding.Its now one of the top 3 soaps on air

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hell, if only 4 or 5 million people were to sample a PT Days ep, that's still more people than watch NBC's regular PT programming. lol

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Quote:

—Which soap producer cares more about the state of his stars’ hair than acting rehearsals?

Louise Sorel says they dont rehearse on DAYS anymore, but I cant believe DAYS cares about the stars' hair or clothes either - Kate, Nicole, EJ, Phillip? Really? Really?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 23 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:

—Which soap producer cares more about the state of his stars’ hair than acting rehearsals?

Louise Sorel says they dont rehearse on DAYS anymore, but I cant believe DAYS cares about the stars' hair or clothes either - Kate, Nicole, EJ, Phillip? Really? Really?
I have no problem with Ej or Philip's, but what about Will's :o

Days4Life

I really hope we hear about a DAYS' renewal soon. They have done a great job with turning the show around, despite the loss of so many vets. There's a lot of talent on the show right now--and also some who are not so talented, but no show is perfect! I'm really looking forward to November.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply