Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of October 26th; As Bo's wife walks out, his ex walks in.
Topic Started: Oct 23 2009, 04:01 PM (1,938 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

That announcer sucks balls! Trying to be Billy Dee Williams? Just doesn't fit with the story. Carly ain't looking so good, but so happy to see Vivian. I don't see anything wrong with the hair. Isn't that how she left? Wasn't it bright red?

Rick - love your avi! OMG! Love me some Lafayette, hooka!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I might have to start watching daily, just for Vivian. The hat though... :wtf: It looks like a black peacock is squatting on her head :shame:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I really miss the announcer from the 90's. He was so good!

They should just stop having announcers for these promos. If they do that, we won't have to deal with the lame ass lines ("Don't ask about the hat") and we won't have to deal with the lame ass voice-over guy.

A better option might be for them to do like ATWT and simply splice together a series of scenes from the coming week as the promo. No announcer, no script, no chance to fuck it up. I'm all for it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I think the announcer sucks too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Can someone PRETTY please pose this on youtube.

I am so desperate to see this promo

:'(

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mitchapalooza
Oct 24 2009, 01:39 AM

It's posted on youtube. Check out the first page of this thread. :smile:

The story and material looks great but the announcer and the writing suck. I told the producer on twitter that much as well. I keep advising her to go watch some old 15 second promos to see how it's done. Good thing the promos aren't seen much outside of the Internet because they are that bad. I mean, that hat line was awful. Just awful.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 24 2009, 01:39 AM

Sindacco
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 23 2009, 07:45 PM
Sindacco
Oct 23 2009, 07:08 PM
Mason
Oct 23 2009, 04:11 PM
NavJLee8785
Oct 23 2009, 04:09 PM
Um...that announcer has GOT to go!
Everyone involved in the making of these promos have got to go.
Yep, I wonder how long the woman on Twitter has been working with the promos. I wouldn't be suprised if it's just been a few months because the quality of the promos have gotten so much worse these last six months. And this voice over is even worse than the previous one.

These promos are poorly directed, bad voice overs, bad script, bad music, and to short. Short promos can be good but with everything else about them sucking it doesn't exactly make them better.

But to say at least one positive thing, I'm looking forward to see Vivian.
I really doubt doing the promos is her only work. She is probably some assistant or low level producer who has a zilion other responsibilities and the promos are done during lunch brake. They have a zero effect anyway, itīs just a tradition.
Of course it will have zero effect when you have that attitude and don't even try to make it good.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

"And dont ask about the hat?" Wtf? Are they going for humour with that? The voice over sucks and his dialogue is really rubbish. otherwise the promo was fine.

So excited for Aunt Viv though :)

Kailyn

who cares about the announcer Vivian was on and I am so excited for next week I can't stand to have to wait. I am ready to see what shes got in store for Carly. do you think she could even come close to topping a live burial?

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kailyn
Oct 24 2009, 03:58 PM
who cares about the announcer Vivian was on and I am so excited for next week I can't stand to have to wait. I am ready to see what shes got in store for Carly. do you think she could even come close to topping a live burial?
I hope so! :cheer:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think the "And don't ask about the hat" part is funny. I like it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DrewHamilton
Oct 24 2009, 05:36 PM
I think the "And don't ask about the hat" part is funny. I like it.
I actually didn't mind it either.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I will admit it wasn't that bad but the announcer takes the life out of anything. With a better announcer, the line may have came off better.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Oct 23 2009, 10:52 PM
Rick have you been watching the show lately?
I watched Thurday and Friday getting ready for Vivian's return and to see what was up with Carly.

I liked what I saw, the show is in a lot better shape than it was when I stopped watching way back.

Stephanie is even tolerable lol

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Alligato
Oct 23 2009, 11:04 PM

Rick - love your avi! OMG! Love me some Lafayette, hooka!

I only started watching True Blood 2 weeks ago and have already watched both seasons in that ammount of time. Addicted!! lol

"Ohh lover, you gonna make me clutch my pearls.."

King
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Oct 23 2009, 04:09 PM
Um...that announcer has GOT to go!
The announcer is a MESS.

It even sounds like it might be a computer.

King
Member Avatar

Oh, but anyway, good to see Carly and Vivs. LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply