Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Date of the baby switch reveal!
Topic Started: Oct 23 2009, 09:29 PM (5,005 Views)
Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I would not prefer any Bricole/EJarianna quad. For one I am sick of these friggin triangles and secondly I would like to see more interaction between Brady and Chloe. So much potential there imo. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jdawg1077

There's a potential out-of-left-field plot twist that would keep this story going for atleast another year:

Do you think TPTB would actually turn around and reveal that Nicole *didn't* miscarry? That when she went in to see Dr. Baker when she thought she miscarrying, he actually took care of that premature baby and then sold it on the black market? They've made several references recently to the fact that Nicole lost the baby late in her pregnancy (as in late enough to survive). Perhaps Dr. Baker agreed to go along with Nicole's plan in part because he felt a little guilty. And they had Dr. Baker twitch his finger the last time we saw his "dead" body, hinting that he might still be alive. Assuming that he's not a part of the reveal this November (which I don't know either way, since I'm trying to remain somewhat spoiler-free), what other reason could they have to keep him alive?

Once everything settles after the reveal and AZ takes time off, this story could start early next year, and would end up tying Nicole to EJ permanently, much to the chagrin of EJ, Sami, Brady, etc.

Thoughts? Or is that too crazy, even for Days? lol...

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Wonderful, it was sooner than I expected. Can't wait to see the confrontation.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I have ALWAYS thought the EJole baby was still alive.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Yay for EJami & Sydney! :biggrin:

After so long I can't believe it's finally here. I just hope the writing does it justice.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

jdawg1077
Oct 24 2009, 11:13 AM
There's a potential out-of-left-field plot twist that would keep this story going for atleast another year:

Do you think TPTB would actually turn around and reveal that Nicole *didn't* miscarry? That when she went in to see Dr. Baker when she thought she miscarrying, he actually took care of that premature baby and then sold it on the black market? They've made several references recently to the fact that Nicole lost the baby late in her pregnancy (as in late enough to survive). Perhaps Dr. Baker agreed to go along with Nicole's plan in part because he felt a little guilty. And they had Dr. Baker twitch his finger the last time we saw his "dead" body, hinting that he might still be alive. Assuming that he's not a part of the reveal this November (which I don't know either way, since I'm trying to remain somewhat spoiler-free), what other reason could they have to keep him alive?

Once everything settles after the reveal and AZ takes time off, this story could start early next year, and would end up tying Nicole to EJ permanently, much to the chagrin of EJ, Sami, Brady, etc.

Nothing is ever too crazy for DAYS - as much as I hope this doesn't happen. If it turns out the EJole baby is alive, though, I think it will be due to Stefano's manipulations and not Doc Baker. I see nothing in the writing to indicate it right now - Stefano is all too interested in hanging on to Sydney and supporting Nicole in the lies. But I try to never say never with this show.

dooldooldool

SocRMum1
Oct 24 2009, 12:14 PM
Nothing is ever too crazy for DAYS....... Stefano is all too interested in hanging on to Sydney and supporting Nicole in the lies. But I try to never say never with this show.
The more I think about this, the more likely it seems.

1. We never saw the scenes where Stefano "discovered" Nicole's secret. He was lurking around the mansion, having Nicole followed, and somewhat on the periphery of the action. Then abruptly one day, he revealed that he knew everything.

2. So that means three babies.

3. Nicole thinks she has the EJ-Samantha bambino. But actually, she has her own baby, which was the baby she THOUGHT Dr Baker had taken from Samantha's birthing room. Instead, it was the now-much-healthier preemie that the doc had removed from Nicole per Stefano's earlier orders.

4. Samantha got the Mia-Chad baby (Grace).

5. The Samantha-EJ baby is stolen away by Stefano, as he does not want another Samantha Spawn complicating the life of his beloved EJ.

So, as this plays out, everyone thinks Nicole is the evil one. She is sent to jail (and/or the looney bin). Samanther and EJ think they have a daughter Sydney. Mia and Chad rightfully mourn the dead Grace. A recovered Stefano is fuming because Samanther is once again a major player in EJ's life. He orchestrates some type of issue that leads to a DNA test confirming that Sydney has no Brady DNA.

Nicole is redeemed. EJ is torn away from Samanther, who is once again devastated, thinking that Grace was hers after all. The teens are perplexed and confused. No one can figure out where Mia's baby went, until Grace's grave is exhumed and re-confirmed with McCormick-Peterson-Woods DNA.

That leaves Sami and Rafe to spend the next year searching for a baby. The day player nurse who helped Rafe is now in hiding with Dr Baker and the Sami baby. Stefano has them hidden away.
Edited by dooldooldool, Oct 24 2009, 03:18 PM.

lyddielove
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Oct 24 2009, 03:17 PM
SocRMum1
Nothing is ever too crazy for DAYS....... Stefano is all too interested in hanging on to Sydney and supporting Nicole in the lies. But I try to never say never with this show.

1. We never saw the scenes where Stefano "discovered" Nicole's secret. He was lurking around the mansion, having Nicole followed, and somewhat on the periphery of the action. Then abruptly one day, he revealed that he knew everything.

3. Nicole thinks she has the EJ-Samantha bambino. But actually, she has her own baby, which was the baby she THOUGHT Dr Baker had taken from Samantha's birthing room. Instead, it was the now-much-healthier preemie that the doc had removed from Nicole per Stefano's earlier orders.

5. The Samantha-EJ baby is stolen away by Stefano, as he does not want another Samantha Spawn complicating the life of his beloved EJ.

So, as this plays out, everyone thinks Nicole is the evil one. She is sent to jail (and/or the looney bin). Samanther and EJ think they have a daughter Sydney. Mia and Chad rightfully mourn the dead Grace. A recovered Stefano is fuming because Samanther is once again a major player in EJ's life. He orchestrates some type of issue that leads to a DNA test confirming that Sydney has no Brady DNA.

Nicole is redeemed. EJ is torn away from Samanther, who is once again devastated, thinking that Grace was hers after all. The teens are perplexed and confused. No one can figure out where Mia's baby went, until Grace's grave is exhumed and re-confirmed with McCormick-Peterson-Woods DNA.

That leaves Sami and Rafe to spend the next year searching for a baby. The day player nurse who helped Rafe is now in hiding with Dr Baker and the Sami baby. Stefano has them hidden away.
I hope this does not happen I want this story over and done with!

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

I also never say never with this show, but they did say that Nicole miscarried at 20 weeks. A 20 week foetus cannot survive out of the womb. Again, nothing would surprise me, but they would have to rewrite the story for Nicole to have been at least another 3-4 weeks along.

Keith
Member Avatar

Jane, i hope you're wrong; while it would be nice to see something like this used to explain the missing explanation of how and when Stefano learned of Nicole's deception, I have no interest in seeing Stefano (or anyone else) being tiresome puppetmaster once more.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

dooldooldool
SocRMum1

I can see something like this happening. The SOD previews did say that the baby switch reveal ISN'T the end of the story.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Oct 24 2009, 07:56 PM
dooldooldool
SocRMum1

I can see something like this happening. The SOD previews did say that the baby switch reveal ISN'T the end of the story.
I think Corday was alluding to Nicole kidnapping Sydney with that comment. He said Nicole kidnaps Sydney AFTER she gets arrested so she must get out on bail (perhaps Justin represents her at Brady's request) and she gets desperate, kidnaps Sydney, and runs for it. We know Fay shows up on November 30. We also know they casted a bunch of minor roles (most of them cops) for something going on In Cleveland. I still think Fay lives in Cleveland and Nicole goes to her to hide out. There will be a search and Sami gets the baby back as a Christmas Eve miracle a la Marlena and Belle in 1993. This regime is very JER-ish and that would totally be right up JER's alley. I've said since day one this all would reach it's emotional climax on Christmas and I still think it will.

I don't think they will have Nicole and EJ's baby alive. This regime has maintained it's consistent vision, especially when it comes to this story, since day one. They would've left an area of vagueness to be able to pull that off. It just wouldn't make sense based on what they appear to be setting up for the future.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^That could be what he meant, but I still think there is a possibilty that there will be something else. They made a point to show Dr. Baker's finger moving after his "death", so they probably are not done with him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Oct 24 2009, 10:03 PM
^^That could be what he meant, but I still think there is a possibilty that there will be something else. They made a point to show Dr. Baker's finger moving after his "death", so they probably are not done with him.
I thought so at the time too (I figured he would be alive and would play a role in the reveal of the baby switch somehow) but that could've very well been a red herring. I think they would've done something with Baker by now if he was alive.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

jdawg1077

I wouldn't be surprised if sometime down the road they could be like surprise, EJ and Nicole's kid is alive, like they did with Chelsea to Bo and Billie, but I don't see them doing it next year.

That would be too much baby drama right now. And it would be pretty messed up for the writers to reward Nicole with the news of her baby really being alive after all the horrible things she's done.

I don't really know how they are going to bring Nicole back after her maternity, but one theory I had is if she either gets out of prison by cutting a deal to share information with the police about Philip's shooting or other DiMera crimes.

angmc
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 25 2009, 12:01 AM
jdawg1077

I wouldn't be surprised if sometime down the road they could be like surprise, EJ and Nicole's kid is alive, like they did with Chelsea to Bo and Billie, but I don't see them doing it next year.

That would be too much baby drama right now. And it would be pretty messed up for the writers to reward Nicole with the news of her baby really being alive after all the horrible things she's done.

I don't really know how they are going to bring Nicole back after her maternity, but one theory I had is if she either gets out of prison by cutting a deal to share information with the police about Philip's shooting or other DiMera crimes.

I actually think the reason they have been emphasizing how far along she was with the pregnancy (4 months?) was to lay the groundwork for a postpartum-like/post traumatic stress disorder plea. She'll be sent to the looney bin for a few weeks and then she'll be all cured and the Nicole/Brady/Ari triangle can officially start when AZ is back from maternity leave.
Edited by angmc, Oct 25 2009, 12:46 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 24 2009, 10:03 PM
They did the same with Larry Welch in 2003 but he is still dead.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I would hate the Xmas miracle scenario because Sami is being "rewarded" for doing a similar act! The only thing that didnt make her plan to keep EJ in the dark work...was the baby dying! She would have been raising Grace with Rafe and being the most happy family ever!

No one in Salem told Sami what she did was wrong...quite the opposite! Everyone either ignores what she did or threaten EJ at the funeral??? So its OK when you break the law for sticking it to the DiMeras but Nicole has to pay? And I havent brought up EJs crimes in all of this too!

There has been clues that Nicole's baby is alive. When she miscarried there was no scene where she saw her baby. She gave birth and passed out and we saw her dream of holding her girl in he hands. Then we also have DAYS pushing back the date of conception closer to Sami's so the switch would work. Remember that Sami and Nicole "delivered" at the same time and EJ commented that Syd was a full term baby that night when she had breathing problems.

Now we have Brady saying that she delivered "very far along?"

I think that TPTB may have had the plan that this SL would end when Nicole goes to jail, but maybe they saw that its has been the "workhorse" SL and TPTB dont want it to end. This would definitely be one way to extend the SL.

ges
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 23 2009, 09:37 PM
Well, that's good to know. I'm looking forward to the showdown between Sami and Nicole. Let's hope it packs a punch.
Lets hope it involves mud, teeth and fists full of bleeach blonde hair. A popped implant would be a nice touch.

Thanks for posting Angie. :wave:

TBLFanGirl
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Oct 25 2009, 12:01 AM
jdawg1077

I agree with IMA, I can def see this happening but it would be a storyline for a later time and date. Once this current storyline is over and long forgotten. Thats where the shock factor will come in.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply