Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Date of the baby switch reveal!
Topic Started: Oct 23 2009, 09:29 PM (4,986 Views)
Nicole Walker

They've changed Nicole's due date so much that it wouldn't surprise me and I would be very happy if they gave Nicole her lil baby girl back at least when she returns. I'd like for her to even look for her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

If the EJOLE baby was actually delivered, I don't think she could have suvived so premature at that type of wayard, backwoods clinic. She would have had to be rushed to a major hospital that could handle emergencies/traumas of this magnitude.

The reason docs don't want to deliver before 34 weeks is that the lungs are not fully developed (among other things) and if that baby was only 16-20 weeks old - she would have a lot of growing to do in the womb.

Of course this is DOOL, so you never know.
Edited by michelle, Oct 25 2009, 08:01 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

I think Corday was alluding to Nicole kidnapping Sydney with that comment. He said Nicole kidnaps Sydney AFTER she gets arrested so she must get out on bail (perhaps Justin represents her at Brady's request) and she gets desperate, kidnaps Sydney, and runs for it. We know Fay shows up on November 30. We also know they casted a bunch of minor roles (most of them cops) for something going on In Cleveland. I still think Fay lives in Cleveland and Nicole goes to her to hide out. There will be a search and Sami gets the baby back as a Christmas Eve miracle a la Marlena and Belle in 1993. This regime is very JER-ish and that would totally be right up JER's alley. I've said since day one this all would reach it's emotional climax on Christmas and I still think it will.

I don't think they will have Nicole and EJ's baby alive. This regime has maintained it's consistent vision, especially when it comes to this story, since day one. They would've left an area of vagueness to be able to pull that off. It just wouldn't make sense based on what they appear to be setting up for the future.
I would NEVER forgive this show if they did that.
Edited by lysie, Oct 25 2009, 08:06 PM.

charliexvx
Member Avatar

in response to what someone wrote about sami getting rewarded for not doing anything wrong...heres the list of samis wrongs in this baby switch story

sami didnt tell ej he was the father of the baby she was carrying. period.
sami told lucas, her fbi bodyguard of course had to know, and she had to pull it off by saying the baby was adopted to explain her existence since no one knew she was pregnant. her baby that she believed was her own child died...sami did nothing wrong .

nicole...lied about being pregnant for months, she conned brady into helping her keep that secret, she got him to help her find a replacement child with she and ejs features or the best she could come up with, she then delivers this baby she had dreamed of having, then switches that child with sami's to give ej his dimira heir, she then has to scramble to cover all this up, blames everyone but herself for the unraveling of this, seduces chad...tries to leave the country....and befriends sami.....

nicole did a lot of wrong here, both morally and legally but in the end i hope she pays though not with jail time but alone time, once brady finds out the entire truth he will drop her like yesterdays news, ej already has, sami of course will distroy her chances of ever coming near sydney again, and she will have to live with herself all alone...that is the best end for nicole i think. watching her come out of that will be the most interesting story to watch.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm the one who said that Sami's is getting rewarded for keeping EJ from knowing Grace.

You just marginalized Sami's role in this whole mess. Fact is, if she just told EJ the truth from the beginning she would have been with her daughter instead of burying one!

I guess my only satisfaction in this SL is Sami didnt get to bond with Sydney and Nicole did. EJ fell in love with Nicole and got a taste of what a loving family could be and threw it away. Sami got to see what it means to be mature, but that will end too!

So we'll be back to square one where Sami gets to dispense her hypocrisy to Nicole and EJ. While all her family praise her and console her for what the "evil" Nicole did. She'll dump Sydney to Caroline because she'll be too busy humping Rafe. Yes, Sami is back! wooopee

michelle
Member Avatar

I could be totally crazy but after Sami's initial reaction of wanting to KILL Nicole, she just may end up having some pity and then compassion for her.

The old Sami would never have forgiven her, but this new whitewashed self-righteous Sami just might after awhile.

She might also do it thinking of Sydney and the fact that she will miss Nicole, the only mother she has ever known.

I absolutely think what Nicole did was wrong and personally I hate her for it, but I do feel sorry for her as well. The miscarriage was devastating for her and I think it sent her into making crazy irrational decisions.

cassie1013

Oh geez, if they throw a 3rd baby in there I don't know if I could put up with it, lol. And this is coming from someone who hasn't really watched the past 9 months. :/ I would be surprised if they went there, but it's a little odd they keep mentioning how far along Nicole was.

I do feel sorry for Nicole, even though what she did was wrong (and totally illegal).

mer4santo
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Oct 24 2009, 03:17 PM
SocRMum1
Oct 24 2009, 12:14 PM
Nothing is ever too crazy for DAYS....... Stefano is all too interested in hanging on to Sydney and supporting Nicole in the lies. But I try to never say never with this show.
The more I think about this, the more likely it seems.

1. We never saw the scenes where Stefano "discovered" Nicole's secret. He was lurking around the mansion, having Nicole followed, and somewhat on the periphery of the action. Then abruptly one day, he revealed that he knew everything.

2. So that means three babies.

3. Nicole thinks she has the EJ-Samantha bambino. But actually, she has her own baby, which was the baby she THOUGHT Dr Baker had taken from Samantha's birthing room. Instead, it was the now-much-healthier preemie that the doc had removed from Nicole per Stefano's earlier orders.

4. Samantha got the Mia-Chad baby (Grace).

5. The Samantha-EJ baby is stolen away by Stefano, as he does not want another Samantha Spawn complicating the life of his beloved EJ.

So, as this plays out, everyone thinks Nicole is the evil one. She is sent to jail (and/or the looney bin). Samanther and EJ think they have a daughter Sydney. Mia and Chad rightfully mourn the dead Grace. A recovered Stefano is fuming because Samanther is once again a major player in EJ's life. He orchestrates some type of issue that leads to a DNA test confirming that Sydney has no Brady DNA.

Nicole is redeemed. EJ is torn away from Samanther, who is once again devastated, thinking that Grace was hers after all. The teens are perplexed and confused. No one can figure out where Mia's baby went, until Grace's grave is exhumed and re-confirmed with McCormick-Peterson-Woods DNA.

That leaves Sami and Rafe to spend the next year searching for a baby. The day player nurse who helped Rafe is now in hiding with Dr Baker and the Sami baby. Stefano has them hidden away.
THIS will convince me to stop watching the show.

lovinnforgiven

mer4santo
Oct 26 2009, 07:06 PM
dooldooldool
SocRMum1
Nothing is ever too crazy for DAYS....... Stefano is all too interested in hanging on to Sydney and supporting Nicole in the lies. But I try to never say never with this show.

1. We never saw the scenes where Stefano "discovered" Nicole's secret. He was lurking around the mansion, having Nicole followed, and somewhat on the periphery of the action. Then abruptly one day, he revealed that he knew everything.

3. Nicole thinks she has the EJ-Samantha bambino. But actually, she has her own baby, which was the baby she THOUGHT Dr Baker had taken from Samantha's birthing room. Instead, it was the now-much-healthier preemie that the doc had removed from Nicole per Stefano's earlier orders.

5. The Samantha-EJ baby is stolen away by Stefano, as he does not want another Samantha Spawn complicating the life of his beloved EJ.

So, as this plays out, everyone thinks Nicole is the evil one. She is sent to jail (and/or the looney bin). Samanther and EJ think they have a daughter Sydney. Mia and Chad rightfully mourn the dead Grace. A recovered Stefano is fuming because Samanther is once again a major player in EJ's life. He orchestrates some type of issue that leads to a DNA test confirming that Sydney has no Brady DNA.

Nicole is redeemed. EJ is torn away from Samanther, who is once again devastated, thinking that Grace was hers after all. The teens are perplexed and confused. No one can figure out where Mia's baby went, until Grace's grave is exhumed and re-confirmed with McCormick-Peterson-Woods DNA.

That leaves Sami and Rafe to spend the next year searching for a baby. The day player nurse who helped Rafe is now in hiding with Dr Baker and the Sami baby. Stefano has them hidden away.

Ok, I mean no disrespect but ARE YOU CRAZY. Please tell me you meant that as a joke because if not I'm telling you they will go right back to having a 1.7 rating if Days even think about writing that crap.

How will you feel thinking your daughter is dead, then to find out she was switch from birth because someone couldn't deal with their miscarriage. I feel for Nicole about the miscarriage but that's about it. I think she should rot in hell for putting so many people through grief for what she has done, especially Sydney. But I still don't condone Samantha for listening to Rafe and keeping Grace a secret from EJ. They will have a lot of healing to do as a family before Samantha and EJ are together.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LnF
Oct 27 2009, 05:43 PM
Ok, I mean no disrespect but ARE YOU CRAZY. Please tell me you meant that as a joke because if not I'm telling you they will go right back to having a 1.7 rating if Days even think about writing that crap.

How will you feel thinking your daughter is dead, then to find out she was switch from birth because someone couldn't deal with their miscarriage. I feel for Nicole about the miscarriage but that's about it. I think she should rot in hell for putting so many people through grief for what she has done, especially Sydney. But I still don't condone Samantha for listening to Rafe and keeping Grace a secret from EJ. They will have a lot of healing to do as a family before Samantha and EJ are together.
Members are free to critique the show, actors and etc. but please respect other members and the content of their posts.

That goes for everyone.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LnF
mer4santo
dooldooldool
SocRMum1

I guess I don't understand why people continue to blame Rafe for Sami's hiding Grace from EJ. Sami had decided to keep her pregnancy a secret long before she met Rafe-- that's why she went into WP in the first place. In fact, he didn't even know she was pregnant for some time after they were in WP. Sami had decided to keep Grace a secret and even sneaked out to the convent to try and find out if they still kept children there. Rafe didn't even know she did that for awhile. I remember Rafe asking her quite a few times if she thought that was the right thing to do and she had already decided it was. Yes, Rafe kept her secret about Grace being EJ's, and he even admitted to Will that maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it wasn't his idea. He helped Sami with it b/c he loved her and wanted to protect her and the baby when he found out how dangerous EJ really was. Even Sami told her dad that Rafe's only crime was helping her and protecting her and Grace from Ej and the Dimera family.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

LnF
mer4santo
dooldooldool
SocRMum1

To answer your question: Yes, I am crazy!
I have watched every single episode of this show since March of 2007. The proof is in the pudding. ;)

I'm pretty confident that I'm not the problem with the ratings.

angmc
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 27 2009, 07:42 PM
LnF
mer4santo
dooldooldool

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I have watched every single episode of this show since March of 2007. The proof is in the pudding. ;)

I could have answered that as well..Yes, Mer is crazy!! But for totally different reasons. :shame: :cheers:

angmc
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 27 2009, 07:42 PM
LnF
mer4santo
dooldooldool

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

But she's not crazy for hating that theory because it's an awful scenario. Can we just put all the babies away right now? Focus on non-baby storylines??

dooldooldool

LnF

Well, not crazy. I have watched DOOL since 1978 (The first storyline I recall is Stephanie Woodruff scalding her fingerprints in her frying pan to hide her true identity.) And thanks to VCRs, haven't missed but maybe 2-4 episodes a year since 1985. And, while some may not believe this, I have NEVER FAST-FORWARDED through one scene in 24+ years. The FF button is not for fans. (Hmmm, maybe that does make me crazy?)

DOOL is the only daytime show that reversed a ratings decline in 2009. And what led to that resurgence? BabyPalooza. A producer should be fired if failing to capitalize on using every twist and turn available in telling a story. And prolonging it. And beating it to death. And overplaying it.

Nicole needs redemption. Unless the actress WANTS to leave the show, DOOL has to find a way to allow her to remain a viable character. AZ is probably on her way to an Emmy nomination.

This is not real life. It's fake, It's drama, not "reality television". And with DOOL, it's always been over-the-top drama. "Dead" babies suddenly appearing are a staple of daytime drama. Bo and Billie mourned their dead baby, only to have Chelsea Benson pop up a few years later as a troubled teen.

As for ratings, producers throw away storylines when ratings fail to materialize. When ratings spike, they hang on to whatever spiked the ratings and build on it. This storyline has many many more twists to play out. That is how DOOL works.
Edited by dooldooldool, Oct 27 2009, 10:22 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

dooldooldool
Oct 27 2009, 10:17 PM
I have watched DOOL since 1978 (The first storyline I recall is Stephanie Woodruff scalding her fingerprints in her frying pan to hide her true identity.)
I love Stephanie/Brooke Hamilton. That scene you speak of I saw on YouTube awhile back. It was stellar.
Quote Post Goto Top

Daysfan2202

Thanks for the info.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I cannot wait..I am sick to death of it..move it on

mer4santo
Member Avatar

counting down the daze.......

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

dooldooldool
Oct 27 2009, 10:17 PM
DOOL is the only daytime show that reversed a ratings decline in 2009. And what led to that resurgence? BabyPalooza. A producer should be fired if failing to capitalize on using every twist and turn available in telling a story. And prolonging it. And beating it to death. And overplaying it.

Nicole needs redemption. Unless the actress WANTS to leave the show, DOOL has to find a way to allow her to remain a viable character. AZ is probably on her way to an Emmy nomination.
I agree that the show will drag out this baby storyline as long as they can, but I'm not understanding what Nicole's baby suddenly being alive would have to do with her redemption.

IMO if they were like oh just kidding... Nicole's baby was alive all along, here she is and let Nicole have her that would be rewarding her for what she's done. Whereas with the way things stand now they've set her up to lose everything... Sydney, EJ, the lavish DiMera lifestyle, a friendship with Sami... when this all comes out. And she should lose those things as punishment and then after she comes back little by little (hopefully) we'll get to see her slowly try to get back on her feet again. To have her get her kid back though, would just be sort of rewarding her and letting her be happy again way too soon.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply