Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Date of the baby switch reveal!
Topic Started: Oct 23 2009, 09:29 PM (4,948 Views)
dooldooldool

IMissAremid
Oct 30 2009, 12:10 AM
dooldooldool
Oct 27 2009, 10:17 PM
..... DOOL has to find a way to allow her to remain a viable character. AZ is probably on her way to an Emmy nomination.
I agree that the show will drag out this baby storyline as long as they can, but I'm not understanding what Nicole's baby suddenly being alive would have to do with her redemption....IMO if they were like oh just kidding... Nicole's baby was alive all along, here she is and let Nicole have her that would be rewarding her for what she's done. Whereas with the way things stand now they've set her up to lose everything... Sydney, EJ, the lavish DiMera lifestyle, a friendship with Sami... when this all comes out. And she should lose those things as punishment and then after she comes back little by little (hopefully) we'll get to see her slowly try to get back on her feet again. To have her get her kid back though, would just be sort of rewarding her and letting her be happy again way too soon.

If Sydney turns out to actually be the EJ-Nicole bambino, then everything she has done is for naught. There is no legal culpability. It's not as if Sydney is taken from her and a new baby suddenly appears. That would be rewarding her. It would be the EJ-Sami baby that is hidden away and ultimately re-appears. Dr Baker, his day-player nurse, and Stefano are the "responsible" parties for everyone's heartbreak. And Nicole is also their victim.

Of course, this doesn't mean the other folks in Salem shouldn't BLAME Nicole, or shun her. But this is Salem after all. Stefano, Kate, Sami, EJ, and Nicole have all committed some type of dastardly deed in the past and are still "fine citizens of Salem".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

IMissAremid
Oct 30 2009, 12:10 AM
dooldooldool
Oct 27 2009, 10:17 PM
DOOL is the only daytime show that reversed a ratings decline in 2009. And what led to that resurgence? BabyPalooza. A producer should be fired if failing to capitalize on using every twist and turn available in telling a story. And prolonging it. And beating it to death. And overplaying it.

Nicole needs redemption. Unless the actress WANTS to leave the show, DOOL has to find a way to allow her to remain a viable character. AZ is probably on her way to an Emmy nomination.
I agree that the show will drag out this baby storyline as long as they can, but I'm not understanding what Nicole's baby suddenly being alive would have to do with her redemption.

IMO if they were like oh just kidding... Nicole's baby was alive all along, here she is and let Nicole have her that would be rewarding her for what she's done. Whereas with the way things stand now they've set her up to lose everything... Sydney, EJ, the lavish DiMera lifestyle, a friendship with Sami... when this all comes out. And she should lose those things as punishment and then after she comes back little by little (hopefully) we'll get to see her slowly try to get back on her feet again. To have her get her kid back though, would just be sort of rewarding her and letting her be happy again way too soon.

Nicole cannot have redemption until she is totally down, trampled, nothing to live for, beat to death, and decides she will still fight back. That was the old Sami model.

I agree, giving Nicole a baby, especially one that was fathered by EJ will not help her a bit. For what she did to Mia alone, she has not atoned, so mamahood for her should be way down the road, with Brady, but I would prefer it to be Philip or Lucas.

daisy132

I would love for Nicole to have a baby down the road too. After she loses everything, goes to jail, etc., I hope to see her with someone she loves and loves her in return, and have her miracle baby. But not EJ's, just a second chance at motherhood that would turn out successful. I think that would be fair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply