Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 10/26 - 10/30; Video of 10/26 episode included
Topic Started: Oct 24 2009, 10:33 PM (13,659 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

ejamirules
Oct 25 2009, 09:23 PM
i wish Hope would just grown up already I have yet to see any traumatic Affect's that this caused Ciara she seemed like a normal Child no Nightmare's Screams In the night for mommy. Thanks for posting Phoenix rising 6 Always Good stuff..
Isn't that exactly what she said is happening with Ciara? Of course we haven't seen it. They've been staying somewhere else. I don't like how Hope is behaving either, but they've given us no reason to think she's lying.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

THAT.WAS.AWESOME.

Maybe it's just having the chance to watch the whole episode without any commercial interruptions, but Monday's episode was pretty damn amazing I thought.

Loved Carly's flashbacks and they way the wove them in to her return and I hope Carly is this snarky going forward as she was in this episode, even if the character wasn't as snarky back in the day. She's older and wiser now and been through so much obviously, so it makes sense that she would have changed and maybe cracking jokes is how she copes with things. The only thing I didn't like is, like someone else, I noticed the breaking the window was pointless because she still couldn't reach in and open the door. But other than that... THIS is what had me so psyched when it was announced CC would return!

Loved EJ and Sami talking things out at the cafe even as they sort of talked past each other and Sami is such a chump defending Nicole and EJ is such a chump letting his hurt at being duped stop him from fighting to keep Sydney in his life. Ever after all the shit I still can't help but root for these two kids to finally get it together after days like today where EJ acts like an adult in wanting to repair his relationship with Sami for Johnny's sake and while Sami has harsh words of criticism for him, they come from the heart. And superficially... damn does James Scott look good in black.

LOVED Joe Mascolo today and Stefano putting Nicole in her place with the truth that she was always just a pawn to get him access to Sydney, but at the same time I love Nicole's fire and bravado in thinking she can go toe-to-toe with the Phoenix (So much better than the crocodile tears Nicole of late... blech!). I can't wait to see how this bitch thinks she's going to play with Stefano and win or at least take him down with her in a blaze of glory. Lexie coming in and bitching her out was so perfect as was EJ showing up to end the epi. Can't wait to check out Prevuze tomorrow. Eee.

Unlike apparently everyone else on earth, this Bo and Hope storyline doesn't make me hate Hope and I actually really enjoyed the Bope scenes today. They were so intense and wrenching, both KA and PR really brought it, but Peter especially was on fire I thought. Yeah, Hope is a HORRIBLE communicator and her moving out of the house and into the KiMansion is a HORRIBLE idea, but I don't see Hope as an infallible character so I can forgive her this irrational mistake when she has been through a pretty horrible ordeal with her daughter when she's now around the same age that Zack was when she lost him. At the same time, I totally see Bo's POV in being so frustrated that Hope is shutting him out and PR is really making me feel for him in how much he has been hurt by this. It just makes me root for Bo and Hope to find their way back to each other in the end that much more, but in the meantime I CAN'T WAIT to see how exactly Justin and Hope and Bo and Carly get mixed up.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

of course ciara is waking up screaming in the night. she needs her father. after a child goes through a traumatic experience, they need as much love and stability as possible. not only is hope an idiot, she's being very selfish, as she's putting her own needs over ciara's.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 26 2009, 07:23 AM.

karmakatch63

lysie
Oct 25 2009, 11:08 PM
ejamirules
i wish Hope would just grown up already I have yet to see any traumatic Affect's that this caused Ciara she seemed like a normal Child no Nightmare's Screams In the night for mommy. Thanks for posting Phoenix rising 6 Always Good stuff..
Isn't that exactly what she said is happening with Ciara? Of course we haven't seen it. They've been staying somewhere else. I don't like how Hope is behaving either, but they've given us no reason to think she's lying.
Well it's more the writers forgetting what they wrote but it seemed like the other day Hope said Bo allowed the kidnapper into their home and clearly Hope had invited Dean to their house. Now I understand she did not know yet that he was the kidnapper but why does she keep saying Bo invited the kidnappers into their home, and Bo caused the violence in their home? Hope comes off as spinning the truth to make Bo look bad.

lysie
Member Avatar

lbono2009
Oct 26 2009, 07:29 AM
lysie
ejamirules
Well it's more the writers forgetting what they wrote but it seemed like the other day Hope said Bo allowed the kidnapper into their home and clearly Hope had invited Dean to their house. Now I understand she did not know yet that he was the kidnapper but why does she keep saying Bo invited the kidnappers into their home, and Bo caused the violence in their home? Hope comes off as spinning the truth to make Bo look bad.
I didn't think she meant literally.

karmakatch63

lysie
Oct 26 2009, 09:28 AM
lbono2009
Oct 26 2009, 07:29 AM
lysie
ejamirules
I didn't think she meant literally.
Well what did she mean? That because Bo refused to pay a ransom he invited the kidnapper to their house? How does that make sense? Did she mean she believed if they had paid the kidnappers, they would all live happily ever after (seems ludicrous since she knew as well as Bo that Ciara could recognize at least one of the kidnappers?) It makes no sense to me. The kidnapping happened because the jerk hated Hope, not Bo. Did he not basically tell her that?

So even if Hope still blames Bo for daring to listen to his vision (even tho' she insisted he do so and share them), how did that end up getting the kidnapper into their home?

lysie
Member Avatar

lbono2009
Oct 26 2009, 09:55 AM
Well what did she mean? That because Bo refused to pay a ransom he invited the kidnapper to their house? How does that make sense? Did she mean she believed if they had paid the kidnappers, they would all live happily ever after (seems ludicrous since she knew as well as Bo that Ciara could recognize at least one of the kidnappers?) It makes no sense to me. The kidnapping happened because the jerk hated Hope, not Bo. Did he not basically tell her that?

So even if Hope still blames Bo for daring to listen to his vision (even tho' she insisted he do so and share them), how did that end up getting the kidnapper into their home?
I think that's exactly what she meant. She's been pissed all along about him following that vision and not letting her pay the ransom and "gambling with their daughter's life." Yes, it ridiculous all things considered. I still don't think she meant it literally.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

it seems like now that hope knows that dean was out for revenge on her, she should realize that paying him off wouldn't have guaranteed ciara's safety. the whole time hope was clamoring for them to pay the ransom, she was convinced that this was some random kidnapping solely perpetrated for monetary gain. then later she learns that it was an act of revenge specifically directed towards her, but she still thinks paying the ransom was a good idea. makes no sense.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 26 2009, 10:35 AM.

karmakatch63

luvpumpkns
Oct 26 2009, 10:34 AM
it seems like now that hope knows that dean was out for revenge on her, she should realize that paying him off wouldn't have guaranteed ciara's safety. the whole time hope was clamoring for them to pay the ransom, she was convinced that this was some random kidnapping solely perpetrated for monetary gain. then later she learns that it was an act of revenge specifically directed towards her, but she still thinks paying the ransom was a good idea. makes no sense.
Exactly. Hope is acting like she KNOWS Ciara would have been safe, no trauma, if only they had paid the ransom. No matter what, she would be traumatized, regardless of how they resolved it from the moment a stranger took her, blindfolded her. That's a no brainer and any one, especially a cop, knows that. It does not matter what they did to save her, the minute she was kidnapped there was trauma.
And there is no way Hope could have predicted what would have happened had they followed what she wanted to know. Bo had at least a vision to go, and as scifi as it was, the show had already set it up that Bo's visions were generally accurate even if the details were off.

Some are saying that this was done to make Hope look bad. The problem is that it seems to me it makes Hope look in character. She has always been ready and willing to blame Bo or let Bo take the blame.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think alot of Hope's behavior is driven by her own guilt. Dean was out for revenge on her and I think Hope is struggling to deal with it being at least partially her fault. That may be why she is overcompensating and going to extremes when it comes to Ciara and her safety and security. I think we saw signs of this last month when Bo and Hope argued prior to her going away with Ciara. She just couldn't bring herself to accept any blame when it came to the whole situation.

However, I can still see why she blames Bo. Dean's last words before being taken away alluded to how Bo screwed up in not paying for the ransom and how that was why Bo and Hope were having issues. Plus, Bo also fought Hope on giving Dean the reward money and that would've gotten him out of their hair before the final showdown. That is why I can see both sides. Both of them made mistakes but, as usual, Hope is too stubborn to see that. Bo and Hope have always butted heads like this because they are both too stubborn and they do have trouble communicating whenever things get tough. This is why I love this story. It's focusing on the issues they've always had and using the past and present happenings between the characters. It's good, realistic and internal conflict...something the show hasn't done with a married couple for God knows how long.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lbono2009
Oct 26 2009, 10:54 AM
luvpumpkns
Oct 26 2009, 10:34 AM
Some are saying that this was done to make Hope look bad. The problem is that it seems to me it makes Hope look in character. She has always been ready and willing to blame Bo or let Bo take the blame.
Exactly. This is a consistent throughline with Hope.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 26 2009, 10:58 AM
However, I can still see why she blames Bo. Dean's last words before being taken away alluded to how Bo screwed up in not paying for the ransom and how that was why Bo and Hope were having issues.
i do think she believes that, and it's sad that she would take a deranged kidnapper at his word. dean hates hope. she knows that. doesn't it make sense that he would lie and make a last-ditch effort to further hurt hope and her family?

then you have the whole hypocrisy side of it. hope got pissed at bo for not telling her about his vision of her shooting kayla, but when he does tell her about his vision of ciara being shot, it means nothing. i like hope. i really did try to see things from her point of view, but i just can't. it's fine if she is having problems with trust issues after all that happened with zach, but i want her to admit that this is solely her problem and not pretend like she is doing all this for ciara when that couldn't be further from the truth.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 26 2009, 11:07 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
This is why I love this story. It's focusing on the issues they've always had and using the past and present happenings between the characters. It's good, realistic and internal conflict...something the show hasn't done with a married couple for God knows how long.
The problem for me is that it feels very forced. It's not a coincidence that these problems rear their ugly heads right when Carly and an unhappily-married Justin come back to town. My problem isn't that Hope and Bo are having marital problems stemming out of this kidnapping, and I don't think Hope's being the queen bitch a lot of people do. My problem is that they should have laid some more groundwork for this before the kidnapping that had nothing to do with visions. Use the time they spent on the visions crap to have some realistic marital conflict instead.

It's the same problem I have with Sami and Brady suddenly being BFF and pseudo brother/sister. Had they started this back in November when Brady returned, and built their new relationship up over time I would have been fine with it. It's not like Brady was so busy with his own story that they couldn't have had some Brady/Sami bonding scenes over the last year instead of the last month or so. Now I object to it because it's clearly contrived to make Brady take Sami's side when the whole reveal is out, even though that really wasn't even necessary; of course most people are going to side with the victim. I don't care how in love Brady is supposed to be with Nicole for reasons that haven't been spelled out or even alluded to, I still don't think he would shrug off Nicole taking Sami's baby, even if they weren't as close as they have been in the last few weeks.

karmakatch63

Paxton
Oct 26 2009, 11:31 AM
PhoenixRising05
This is why I love this story. It's focusing on the issues they've always had and using the past and present happenings between the characters. It's good, realistic and internal conflict...something the show hasn't done with a married couple for God knows how long.
The problem for me is that it feels very forced. It's not a coincidence that these problems rear their ugly heads right when Carly and an unhappily-married Justin come back to town. My problem isn't that Hope and Bo are having marital problems stemming out of this kidnapping, and I don't think Hope's being the queen bitch a lot of people do. My problem is that they should have laid some more groundwork for this before the kidnapping that had nothing to do with visions. Use the time they spent on the visions crap to have some realistic marital conflict instead.

It's the same problem I have with Sami and Brady suddenly being BFF and pseudo brother/sister. Had they started this back in November when Brady returned, and built their new relationship up over time I would have been fine with it. It's not like Brady was so busy with his own story that they couldn't have had some Brady/Sami bonding scenes over the last year instead of the last month or so. Now I object to it because it's clearly contrived to make Brady take Sami's side when the whole reveal is out, even though that really wasn't even necessary; of course most people are going to side with the victim. I don't care how in love Brady is supposed to be with Nicole for reasons that haven't been spelled out or even alluded to, I still don't think he would shrug off Nicole taking Sami's baby, even if they weren't as close as they have been in the last few weeks.

When have these things NOT been contrived? Bo is ready to marry Billie and voila! Hope is alive at Maison Blanche.......
Kayla and Steve come back. He does not remember her so voila! She nearly dies so he feels somewhat guilty.....
John and Kate fall in love....voila, Marlena and Roman are alive....
in fact quad mixes are imo totally contrived.....
Roman/John/Marlena/Kate
Phillip/Belle/Mimi/Shawn......and having them move next door to each other.....
Ej and Samantha.....who happen to look like Colleen and Santos......
Oh yea, and what was more contrived than Hope looking exactly like the long lost love of Stephano and John's lives.....Gina.... and yet neither John nor Stefano ever noticed the resemblance even though they both knew Hope for 15 or more years.
I wish there was less contrivance but it seems to me since the days of Reilly contrivances, aka DA PLOT ...drive everything

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Oct 26 2009, 11:31 AM
PhoenixRising05

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. While it might be unrealistic to expect to be surprised all the time by soaps I don't particularly want to feel like I can see something coming a mile away - and both of the things you've mentioned feel just like that.

When it was initially announced that Carly was returning the first thought I had was what they would do with her since I didn't see any cracks in the Bope relationship. Silly me - nothing a little contrived kidnapping won't do to dredge up all of these supposed unresolved issues between them? :eyeroll: And the shame of it is I actually did enjoy the kidnapping story (except for having to see the little girl bound and gagged...too creepy). I thought the pacing on it was good and it was well acted for the most part. But through it all it was pretty obvious what the real purpose was so it lost some of it's appeal.

As for Sami and Brady it makes no sense to me that this supposed tight bond is now forming out of basically no where. I personally think it's been created to make Brady's conflict make more sense. I don't necessarily think he'll want to tar and feather Nicole like everyone else when the truth comes out - but he will feel conflicted because it was Sami's baby. While I love the idea of Sami having a close sibling connection it should be with Eric, not Brady. Oh how I wish they would recast that role. In many ways, I wish they had brought Martsolf in to be Eric rather than Brady - particularly since they rewrote things to show that Brady basically has no lingering feelings for Chloe and is all about Nicole. Why not just have had it be Eric instead? Imagine the soapy goodness of having a Eric/Nicole/EJ dynamic - particularly with Eric being Sami's twin but in love (still) with Nicole. Loads and loads of great stuff there - instead of the contrived relationship between Sami and Brady. <sigh>

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The old Kiriakis mansion! Be still my beating heart. :wub:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SocRMum1
Oct 26 2009, 11:52 AM
In many ways, I wish they had brought Martsolf in to be Eric rather than Brady - particularly since they rewrote things to show that Brady basically has no lingering feelings for Chloe and is all about Nicole. Why not just have had it be Eric instead? Imagine the soapy goodness of having a Eric/Nicole/EJ dynamic - particularly with Eric being Sami's twin but in love (still) with Nicole. Loads and loads of great stuff there - instead of the contrived relationship between Sami and Brady. <sigh>
I was just thinking that the other day; they have should have brought EM on to play Eric instead of Brady.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wasn't watching as much during the kidnapping so I need to ask something. Why did Dean hate Hope so much to want revenge on her? I remember when we first saw his character he was circling things about her in the newspaper.

lysie
Member Avatar

Rhi
Oct 26 2009, 03:21 PM
I wasn't watching as much during the kidnapping so I need to ask something. Why did Dean hate Hope so much to want revenge on her? I remember when we first saw his character he was circling things about her in the newspaper.
She got promoted because of her connections with the force instead of him who apparently deserved it more (in his opinion).

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

lysie
Oct 26 2009, 03:33 PM
Rhi
Oct 26 2009, 03:21 PM
She got promoted because of her connections with the force instead of him who apparently deserved it more (in his opinion).
Thanks.

Sounds like Days reasoning.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply