Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hulu to start charging in 2010; EW Newsbriefs
Topic Started: Oct 25 2009, 11:59 AM (454 Views)
Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Hulu to start charging in 2010

by Adam Markovitz

Categories: News, Television, Web/Tech

At an industry summit in NYC on Oct. 21, News Corp Deputy Chairman Chase Carey revealed that online video hub Hulu will begin charging users for content as soon as 2010, according to Broadcasting and Cable. Carey told reporters that a subscription system is likely, although some content will probably continue to be offered free of charge. I think a free model is a very difficult way to capture the value of our content. I think what we need to do is deliver that content to consumers in a way where they will appreciate the value, he said.

Source: http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/10/22/hulu-to-start-charging-in-2010/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

What a crock of shit! Fuck off, Hulu! :flipoff:

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Hulu is fucking insane. First they diss Canadians, and now they want to charge you guys? LoL. However, this could be a very profitable idea, depending on pricing strategy. Of course there are always other ways to watch this stuff online for free.

~bl~
Member Avatar

A big old WTH to "...in a way where they will appreciate the value." That's the oddest justification to charge something to watch television on-line. How is Hulu a status symbol?

Mason
Member Avatar

I know how I'll show my appreciation: never use Hulu again!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

F-U-HULU!
Just when I thought this service was the coolest, they pull this bullshit! They have so many stipulations with some shows..i.e. only short clips, waiting weeks for new content, only showing a % of shows in a new season, etc...and now this?
I just hope they dont charge to watch old series that were canceled....that would be beyond bullshit!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply