Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Sami and Rafe reunite!; Nov 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Oct 28 2009, 01:21 PM (12,474 Views)
Manda1

SocRMum1
Oct 29 2009, 08:50 AM
magicsteacher
Oct 29 2009, 08:24 AM
SocRMum1
Oct 29 2009, 07:33 AM
kitkat
Oct 29 2009, 02:59 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If Rafe is all that concerned about putting Sami's life in danger - why go around her? If he really believes he's a target and it's safer for her to not know what has happened then wouldn't it be in her best interest for him to stay away?
How else is he going to get the DNA samples he needs to have to prove Sydney is Sami's child? That's why he sneaks in-- don't think he intended to run into Sami.
Right. Didn't stop him from taking a roll in the hay with her, either, though...

Gotta love a guy that has his priorities straight. ;)

So now she'll know he's back in town...and has to keep it a secret...but not ask him any questions...and that should be perfectly safe for Sami and her kids.

Great plan. ^o)
It doesn't say that Rafe forces Sami to have sex...it says they make love. Mutual, consentual, no regrets and what they both want to do after their time apart.

And I agree 100% with Rafe - keep your mouth shut until you have the iron clad evidence base to back up your assertions. Rafe would be crazy to make 'accusations' of baby theft [imprissionable offence] against a Dimera [Nicole] who he knows has Stephano's full backing without irrufutable evidence!

Get it over already yes - but get the evidence first.

I think we can all guess that Sami is going to be as into the making love session as Rafe is - if she isn't the instigator! She's been telling everyone virtually daily how much she loves him so of course she's going to want to make the most of the moment :wub:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

angmc
Nov 1 2009, 02:26 PM
daisy132
Nov 1 2009, 02:01 PM
Taelyn
Oct 31 2009, 04:46 PM
angmc
Oct 30 2009, 10:57 PM

:omg:
Especially when "facts" are picked at like a chicken at dinner time just to suit ones preference.

The FACT is Sami does not love or want to be with Ej
The FACT is Sami has voiced repeatedly her Love for Rafe, and her desire to be with him, a thing she has NEVER done with EJ. (Another FACT)
The FACT is ... ALL signs pont to Safe if ones looks back in History at the best love stories, and how couples are built and certain aspects such as flashback, dreams of their times together, or reunions yet to happen... and such. :rockon:

So if Facts are going to be adhered to perhaps its best not to pick and choose just so one can be vaugely insulting for the fun of it. :shame:
Im not saying that drug accusations were never laid at their feet but numerous times it was stated that Victor and Stephano didnt deal in drugs as it wasnt their style.. Stories change, History changes Im not denying that it happened just stating what I remember.. I dont claim to remember every episode or storyline, And so I dont dispute the truth, or "facts" of what happened. There was a time growing up when I only watched sporadically So im sure I missed things. :laugh:
Sami had flashbacks, dreams, and such.... about EJ as well, and one of them was about being his wife.... that's also a fact. Right before Tomlin hired his pet.

IMO TPTB attempted Safe to make the fan wars end, but ended up replacing Lumi with Safe. Not working, in fact some of us wish Lumi was back - at least it was a more enjoyable and worthy "opponent". Maybe they can find Rafe another girlfriend. He would be good with Carly, although Nicole would be good too. He was originally supposed to be her love interest, so they may revisit the idea.
Actually Sami had the wife daydream after Rafe showed up.
Sami voiced her feelings about EJ to Lucas before WP started. She wanted to be with him but didn't want him to choose her because of the baby. That's a fact. Sami only commited to Rafe AFTER EJ got married. Sami went to stop EJs wedding instead of chasing after Rafe after he threw another of his tantrums.

Safe, IMO, has been the placeholder for EJami while AS was on maternity. Time will tell.
Ummmm a place holder or stake through the heart? Let's not forget EJ was still with Sami when he got Nicole pregnant in the elevator. Sami was free and unattached and he bedded Nicole. When Sami came out of WP she was free and attached and EJ married Nicole and this week we have him say he was NEVER more happier than when Nicole was in his life. That means happier than all the previous times with Sami.

I see no reason why Sami's pregnancy could not have been written into her 'relationship' with EJ. She could have stayed in Salem and battled things out with Nicole if they were writing for Ejami but the writers were going with Ejole.

Next week has Safe and Ejami scenes but the promo's and articles are about Safe because the story is about them. I've read on another site that we may see Rafe, Sami and Syndey bonding this week too! I know many are going to be mad about that but let's wait and see how next week plays out. :wub:

I expect Rafe to say to Sami post baby reveal that she's free to return to EJ and then we'll get the dialogue from Sami that says you are the only one in the world for me, the best thing that ever happened to me, the reason why I have my daughter back with me, and on and on.....meanwhile we have EJ planning to toy around with Arianna to hit back and Rafe and Brady and getting bitten by the love bug himself and finding out when it is time for the 'punchline' he doesn't want to deliver it, because he now cares for Arianna. JMO

I think Lindsay Hartely is going into a triangle with Brady and EJ until Nicole comes back and she can join them. Corday previewed in Jan this year that by the end of the year there was going to be a EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle. I think Ari's maternity leave has nixed that but I have a sneaking suspicion that LH may just end up in the middle of that especially since Corday's recent remarks say that he doesn't think she's going to end up with Brady....ummm Ejanna pictures anyone?

Manda1

angmc
Nov 1 2009, 02:58 PM
Manda1
Nov 1 2009, 02:46 PM
Ummmm a place holder or stake through the heart? Let's not forget EJ was still with Sami when he got Nicole pregnant in the elevator. Sami was free and unattached and he bedded Nicole. When Sami came out of WP she was free and attached and EJ married Nicole and this week we have him say he was NEVER more happier than when Nicole was in his life. That means happier than all the previous times with Sami.

I see no reason why Sami's pregnancy could not have been written into her 'relationship' with EJ. She could have stayed in Salem and battled things out with Nicole if they were writing for Ejami but the writers were going with Ejole.

Next week has Safe and Ejami scenes but the promo's and articles are about Safe because the story is about them. I've read on another site that we may see Rafe, Sami and Syndey bonding this week too! I know many are going to be mad about that but let's wait and see how next week plays out. :wub:

I expect Rafe to say to Sami post baby reveal that she's free to return to EJ and then we'll get the dialogue from Sami that says you are the only one in the world for me, the best thing that ever happened to me, the reason why I have my daughter back with me, and on and on.....meanwhile we have EJ planning to toy around with Arianna to hit back and Rafe and Brady and getting bitten by the love bug himself and finding out when it is time for the 'punchline' he doesn't want to deliver it, because he now cares for Arianna. JMO

I think Lindsay Hartely is going into a triangle with Brady and EJ until Nicole comes back and she can join them. Corday previewed in Jan this year that by the end of the year there was going to be a EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle. I think Ari's maternity leave has nixed that but I have a sneaking suspicion that LH may just end up in the middle of that especially since Corday's recent remarks say that he doesn't think she's going to end up with Brady....ummm Ejanna pictures anyone?
There's no sarcasm in this question..but were you watching Days period when EJ had sex with Nicole in the elevator?
Umm is this a trick question? of course I was watching. EJ thought he had lost his chance with Samantha so had sex with her worst enemy...

That said Sami did not have to be written out of the Ejami story because she was pregnant too. I think that was Ali''s choice and the writers choice. There were rumours around the internet at the time that AS had been 'encouraging' TPTB to get GG on Days as her love interest and it worked - obviously because we know in the original casting call they were looking for a law enforcement guy to go into Nicole and Trent Robbins storyline.

In my opinion Ali used her pregancy to get herself a well needed break from Ejami storyline. Her first article when back to work in Jan 09 said it all when she called it the most devise and controversial storyline and gushed in the same article how much she was loving working with GG :lol:

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really looking forward to it!

Manda1

angmc
Nov 1 2009, 03:34 PM
magicsteacher
Nov 1 2009, 03:28 PM
daisy132
Nov 1 2009, 03:20 PM
Manda1
Nov 1 2009, 03:14 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep have to be written out of the Ejami story because she was pregnant too. I think that was Ali''s choice and the writers choice. There were rumours around the internet at the time that AS had been 'encouraging' TPTB to get GG on Days as her love interest and it worked - obviously because we know in the original casting call they were looking for a law enforcement guy to go into Nicole and Trent Robbins storyline.

In my opinion Ali used her pregancy to get herself a well needed break from Ejami storyline. Her first article when back to work in Jan 09 said it all when she called it the most devise and controversial storyline and gushed in the same article how much she was loving working with GG :lol:

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really looking forward to it!
Actually, Ali is pretty fair in promoting all of her love interests. If you want to talk about personal preference, she prefers Bryan and Lumi. That's what she really wants.

She said that she was honored to work with such talented colleagues, and that she feelt lucky to share scenes with all three men. And she made it very clear that "she didn't want to descriminate against anyone". She gushed about Bryan, she gushed about GG, and she gushed about James. It is not her fault that the writers messed up with the controversial storyline, but she sure does Ejami justice considering.

And about EJ and Nicole. Maybe you don't remember, but EJ went to Nicole after he was pushed away by Sami over and over again, and after she told him on the cell phone, nonetheless, that she doesn't love him, never will, and that he should just move on. Nicole wanted him and in his words, "he liked how she made him feel". Sami didn't.
She also said that she didn't like her character being paired romantically with EJ after all that had happened with them before, but that she did the best she could b/c she had a job to do. I doubt we will see her paired with EJ anytime soon, if at all. They are moving EJ to the dark side and Sami is not going there with him.
Which article was this? Was this before or after her SOD interview around the time EJ and Sami made love in May 08?
It was 7 Jan 2009 I believe I'm sure if you google it you'll find it.

Hey Ali is cool and interestingly Lumi is the pairing that she has gone on record to say that she prefers more than once. I think she's actually said she's a Lumi fan :smile: And I am really cool with that. particularly as Safe barely existed at the time. :laugh:

But she has gushed a lot about working with GG since they have been in scenes together. She obviously loves James too but she never gushes about enjoying the storyline with him...no doubt I'll be shot down in flames if I am wrong - why would she want to gush about the rape/not rape storyline from hell? :puke:

It's the total pits what they did to Ejami and to the EJ character by getting him to do that to the Sami character.....now if some people would just admit that the writing was a disgusting piece of trash and stop trying to say Sami had a choice, wanted it etc It's all over youtube EJ, Sami who were both there called it rape, he taunted her about it etc.....there would be much less debate!

I'm telling you glossing over or trying to re-write history does work in soaps - hey most dead people on Days can return at anytime and we accept it :lol: But rape...it's too near the knucle for women viewers - bless them they have tried to 'resolve it' but the boards tell you that only in the writers delusional minds have they 'fixed' it. :redface:

Manda1

speechless
Nov 1 2009, 11:13 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 1 2009, 07:50 PM
magicsteacher
Nov 1 2009, 03:28 PM
daisy132
Nov 1 2009, 03:20 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep have to be written out of the Ejami story because she was pregnant too. I think that was Ali''s choice and the writers choice. There were rumours around the internet at the time that AS had been 'encouraging' TPTB to get GG on Days as her love interest and it worked - obviously because we know in the original casting call they were looking for a law enforcement guy to go into Nicole and Trent Robbins storyline.

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really
She also said that she didn't like her character being paired romantically with EJ after all that had happened with them before, but that she did the best she could b/c she had a job to do. I doubt we will see her paired with EJ anytime soon, if at all. They are moving EJ to the dark side and Sami is not going there with him.
Really? There is an article somewhere that Ali flat out says she did not want Sami paired with EJ? Do you have the link - and not just a date and the suggestion to google it? I have certainly never seen her say it in print, in interviews or anywhere else.

I realize we all get passionate when arguing about the pairings we like - I'm the first to admit it. But I think a big ole line is crossed when people start putting words in the actors mouths that they can't readily back up with a direct link to the quote. It's one thing to discuss the characters, the way we think the characters feel or will react, or where the writers are headed. But it frosts me each and every time I see someone put words in to any of the actor's mouths in order to support what is essentially a fan base argument. Nine times out of ten I have to believe if it's not made up, it's taken out of context. And that is just not cool. The characters are fictional...the actors are not.
Wow I'm catching up too and I still don't see the link to this article! Count me in as one who would LOVE to see this!
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-alison-sween-25565.aspx

Here is the article.

Manda1

SocRMum1
Oct 29 2009, 09:51 AM
magicsteacher
Oct 29 2009, 09:33 AM
SocRMum1
Oct 29 2009, 08:50 AM
magicsteacher
Oct 29 2009, 08:24 AM

Right. Didn't stop him from taking a roll in the hay with her, either, though...

Gotta love a guy that has his priorities straight. ;)

So now she'll know he's back in town...and has to keep it a secret...but not ask him any questions...and that should be perfectly safe for Sami and her kids.

Great plan. ^o)
That's right. It will be perfectly safe for Sami and her kids. If Sami doesn't know what is going on, they are all better off. Remember when she got the letter from Meredith and told everyone and when Nicole asked her not to go to Stefano yesterday, but she did anyway? Sami has a tendency to blab and speak before she asks, and Rafe knows that, so he is smart in not letting her know YET. GG says he is being protective Like it or not-- he is and he is supposed to be. He has been and is the hero in this reveal.
And, honestly, don't you think that SAFE make love to show how much they love each other and want to be together despite what has happened in the past? Their relationship has never been just about sex, as much as people want to say it is.
Actually I think the fact that they have sex BEFORE Sami asks him why he's back is pretty much a clear indication that their relationship is about the sex. In most mature relationships couples try to work through their issues before banging each other...

And again, if Rafe is concerned that poor little out of control Sami can't be trusted to keep her mouth shut and will go blabbing all over town - why risk letting her know that he's back? And now that she knows (because he's such a stealth kind of guy :lol: ) why not just tell her the truth about his suspicions and ask her to wait to say anything until they are confirmed? Oh wait...right...I get it. He won't do that because, again. that's what people would do in a mature relationship. It's just par for the course with this guy. Seriously...it's like he's an escapee from the 1950s. Maybe that's his next big storyline...The Time Traveler's Reject. :D
I think we are going to see exactly why Rafe was right not to tell Sami anything until he has the iron clad proof because after they reconnect he tells her not to tell anyone he is back and after Sami promising not to say anything she tells Nicole her new BFF!!!!!

Remember at the moment Sami loves Nicole - enough to give her $50,000 hello? That money is her personal safety blanket for her and her kids and she's given it to her new most best friend. Sami would NEVER listen to anything Rafe has to say against Nicole right now if there was not iron clad evidence. I expect that when Rafe breaks the news to her she doesn't believe it at first and gets mad at him and maybe even defends Nicole.....I bet I'm right......until he shows her the iron clad evidence! then the volcano will errupt! :jedi:

I think we are going to see Sami go balistic when she finds out that Sydney is her baby and there will be no 'controlling' the release of that news if there are any inaccuracies in the telling of it :lol: ! Sami is too unpredictable and impulsive for Rafe to hand that ticking timebomb of information to without it being absoutely on point and 100% correct. And also Nicole and Stefano have twarted his every move and the secret would have already been exposed if Stefano hadn't brought Meredith back to town to interrupt his first attempt to get DNA samples etc.

As it is I'm sure Sami telling Nicole to keep the secrer that Rafe is back is how Stefano knows he's back in town to put the hit out on him.

Rafe has said that he loves the impuslive stuff Sami does [not including lying] so I don't think he has a problem with it he's just not going to give her anything not proven with iron clad evidence for her to be impulsive about.

Looking forward to this week and all the fallout this month.

Manda1

IMissAremid
Nov 2 2009, 04:13 AM
That Sami might be going ballistic after she finds out the truth won't convince me Rafe is right to keep this secret from Sami (or the Salem P.D.). She has every right to go ballistic, first off. And secondly, her going ballistic is not a worse result than him getting killed and Sami never having any clue at all that Sydney is her baby. If Rafe knows Stefano is after him and for all he knows Meredith may be lurking out there somewhere as well then he should spill the beans to Sami while he can just to ensure she has as much information as possible in case something happens to him again.

And the idea that Rafe knows better than Sami and the sense that comes from this mindset as if all she's good for is rolls in the hay and looking pretty while he does all the work of cracking the case is just so patronizingly condescending and infuriating to me.

I mean it just brings back what was so obnoxious about Rafe in the first place when he was trying to adopt Grace and pressuring Sami to let him adopt her infant after they had sex once or twice (with no talk of marriage or even cohabitation) without believing that sort of gift or commitment from Sami entitled to her even to the smallest inkling of disclosure or openness about his past on his part. Ugh.

And I'm so ready to have Sami using that brain of hers and questioning Nicole and Mia on her own already and I so hope that this big reveal is more than just Rafe painting her a picture once he's found everything out. No matter who she is romantically paired with, I don't want to see Sami clueless and waiting to be rescued. Even if she is the heroine rather than the anti-Brady these days, I still want to see her searching and fighting for what she wants rather than waiting around clueless for some guy to fix things for her.
Rafe cannot be blamed he got his 'theory' together the night Meredith hit him on the head. It would have been blown wide open by now if it had not been for that. I know that we know he's dead on but he doesn't. Even in his conversation with Arianna on Monday she gets it that if Nicole gets wind he's back she will ensure he comes up empty where evidence is concerned.

Look at the letter 3 of them and Nicole intercepted them all!!!!! And them Sami asked Rafe for her keys back after Nicole said he was harassing her in the loo. :lol:

So I am still with Rafe 100% in - shut mouth and get proof please, plenty of time to sing with confidence like a canary when you have beautiful untarnished proof from the FBI technology and hold the iron clad evidence of DNA testing. That is the ONLY way this can be proven and why not even Stefano can keep Nicole out of jail :lol: . Sami trusts Nicole more than Rafe right now because he dumped her by email etc - Sami has been played by Nicole since before her and Rafe broke up since Nicole begun to worm her way into Sami's good books by helping her to see Johnny etc.

As far as fighting Sami? i think that's going to be coming up very shortly. :jedi: This month is going to be great!

Manda1

SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 12:07 PM
Manda1
Nov 2 2009, 02:28 AM
speechless
Nov 1 2009, 11:13 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 1 2009, 07:50 PM

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really She also said that she didn't like her character being paired romantically with EJ after all that had happened with them before, but that she did the best she could b/c she had a job to do.
Wow I'm catching up too and I still don't see the link to this article! Count me in as one who would LOVE to see this!
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-alison-sween-25565.aspx

Here is the article.

It's clear in reading this the author of the article is giving the insinuation that Alison indicated she did not support a pairing between Sami and EJ - but in fact, if you click on the link for their source material at the bottom of the article it's clear that is not what she said.

The quote the author used to back up that statement came from this:

Quote:

Al Norton: We spoke about a year ago and I asked you if you thought a Days of our Lives storyline that had Sami falling in love with EJ, who had sexually assaulted her in the past, was something you would have issues with. Now that we are on the other side of that story, at least for the time being, how do you think it played out on the screen? What kind of feedback did you get from fans?

Alison Sweeney: I have read all sorts of opposing view points on that story. In 16 years on a soap, I've never been part of a more controversial, divisive storyline. And for someone who is always interested in the fans perspective and feedback, it was incredibly difficult for me to try to digest both sides of the argument. In the end, I had a job to do, and I did it the best I could.

I see nothing there to indicate that Alison said she wasn't "keen" on the pairing. Those are the words of the author, not the actor. She was responding to his question as to how she thought it played out on screen - not as to whether she was in favor of EJami being paired.
I see no point in trying to unpick everyword of this article and try to understand what Ali really meant because the gist was in the end she had to put her views aside and do her job! Which is right on some level as she is being paid to act out the scripts that she is given. However, I prefer to read articles from all of the actors on Days when the say they are having a great time working together and really have a lot of fun playing their storyline. And although the Grace storyline was gut wrenching AS and GG still enjoyed doing it.

I don't have to ask Ali - did you mind being in a rape storyline? I sure she wanted to :puke: when she read the script and I'm sure her husband wanted to :puke: too. I sure she must have been ff--ing and blinding about the script!!!!!But it is a job, that they do pay her to do and it is only pretend!

I see no evidence of her having anything but a blast since she has been working with GG and he is very positive about working with her and their storyline too. Knowing that they are both happy and having fun really adds to my enjoyment of their scenes knowing they really want to play them for us. :wub:

Anyway the articles that are the actual topic of this thread are current interviews and are obviously AS and GG's take on the scenes. I think these articles are designed to encourage us to watch up-coming storylines but also to help us to get into the character's phsyche which will not always fully be 'explained' on screen. So I see these interviews as the actors telling us how they are rationalising their characters actions. The common thing is both AS and GG are consistent in both articles that the characters they are playing are very much in love with each other . Lovely :smooch:

Manda1

SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 01:48 PM
Manda1
Nov 2 2009, 01:28 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 12:07 PM
Manda1
Nov 2 2009, 02:28 AM

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really She also said that she didn't like her character being paired romantically with EJ after all that had happened with them before, but that she did the best she could b/c she had a job to do. http://www.buddytv.com/articles/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-alison-sween-25565.aspx

Here is the article.

It's clear in reading this the author of the article is giving the insinuation that Alison indicated she did not support a pairing between Sami and EJ - but in fact, if you click on the link for their source material at the bottom of the article it's clear that is not what she said.

The quote the author used to back up that statement came from this:

Quote:

Al Norton: We spoke about a year ago and I asked you if you thought a Days of our Lives storyline that had Sami falling in love with EJ, who had sexually assaulted her in the past, was something you would have issues with. Now that we are on the other side of that story, at least for the time being, how do you think it played out on the screen? What kind of feedback did you get from fans?

Alison Sweeney: I have read all sorts of opposing view points on that story. In 16 years on a soap, I've never been part of a more controversial, divisive storyline. And for someone who is always interested in the fans perspective and feedback, it was incredibly difficult for me to try to digest both sides of the argument. In the end, I had a job to do, and I did it the best I could.

I see nothing there to indicate that Alison said she wasn't "keen" on the pairing. Those are the words of the author, not the actor. She was responding to his question as to how she thought it played out on screen - not as to whether she was in favor of EJami being paired.
I see no point in trying to unpick everyword of this article and try to understand what Ali really meant because the gist was in the end she had to put her views aside and do her job! Which is right on some level as she is being paid to act out the scripts that she is given. However, I prefer to read articles from all of the actors on Days when the say they are having a great time working together and really have a lot of fun playing their storyline. And although the Grace storyline was gut wrenching AS and GG still enjoyed doing it.

I don't have to ask Ali - did you mind being in a rape storyline? I sure she wanted to :puke: when she read the script and I'm sure her husband wanted to :puke: too. I sure she must have been ff--ing and blinding about the script!!!!!But it is a job, that they do pay her to do and it is only pretend!

I see no evidence of her having anything but a blast since she has been working with GG and he is very positive about working with her and their storyline too. Knowing that they are both happy and having fun really adds to my enjoyment of their scenes knowing they really want to play them for us. :wub:

Anyway the articles that are the actual topic of this thread are current interviews and are obviously AS and GG's take on the scenes. I think these articles are designed to encourage us to watch up-coming storylines but also to help us to get into the character's phsyche which will not always fully be 'explained' on screen. So I see these interviews as the actors telling us how they are rationalising their characters actions. The common thing is both AS and GG are consistent in both articles that the characters they are playing are very much in love with each other . Lovely :smooch:
My point was simply that I have a real problem with people putting words in the actors mouths - quoting them as having said things - and then not being able to back it up with actual, factual links to those quotes. You made my point with the link to this article. Ali did not say in this article that she does not want to see EJ and Sami paired. You can wax on and on all you like about what you suppose she thinks, she feels or even (seriously?) what her husband thinks or feels. :eyeroll:

Just make it clear that it's coming from you - and not her...or him. :lol:
Ooookay then :peek: ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manda1

JANALH
Nov 2 2009, 02:28 PM
angmc
Nov 2 2009, 02:25 PM
These threads are fascinating to me. Now we've moved on to whether Ali Sweeney is behind an EJami pairing? Who gives a crap, unless she's writing the show again? Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso hated each other but you still got Bope in the end. Can't wait to see what pops up next in this thread. What are the plants saying these days? Is Ali wearing a color that means she loves Safe?
You read my mind, ang! I was just about to post that I don't give two $hit$ about who the actors "prefer" to work with or who they like or don't like. I care about the characters and what's being shown on the screen! No disrespect intended, but I EXPECT AS to act out whatever's in the script WHOEVER it's with, I really don't care which coupling she prefers or if she likes ANY of the actors she works with. Sorry, that's just me.
That's right! And a hot Safe reunion is in the script and that is what AS and GG are giving us! :tounge:

And in answer to Paxton's question - no! :lol:

Manda1

SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 04:57 PM
magicsteacher
Nov 2 2009, 04:43 PM
Manda1
Nov 2 2009, 02:24 PM
SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 01:48 PM

Hey and Ali via Sami is still portraying that love that she has for Rafe for us all, and still tweeting how much she loves working with GG So we get more Safe to come next week and I am really She also said that she didn't like her character being paired romantically with EJ after all that had happened with them before, but that she did the best she could b/c she had a job to do. http://www.buddytv.com/articles/days-of-our-lives/days-of-our-lives-alison-sween-25565.aspxenjoyed doing it.

Anyway the articles that are the actual topic of this thread are current interviews and are obviously AS and GG's take on the scenes. I think these articles are designed to encourage us to watch up-coming storylines but also to help us to get into the character's phsyche which will not always fully be 'explained' on screen. So I see these interviews as the actors telling us how they are rationalising their characters actions. The common thing is both AS and GG are consistent in both articles that the characters they are playing are very much in love with each other you suppose she thinks, she feels or even (seriously?) what her husband thinks or feels. :eyeroll:

Just make it clear that it's coming from you - and not her...or him. :lol:
Ooookay then :peek: ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the entire article:

Friday, January 09, 2009

Since Alison Sweeney stepped into the role of Sami in 1993, Sami has been showcased as Days of our Lives' primary trouble maker and “the girl you loved to hate” through her lying and scheming. Sweeney's portrayal of “Salem's resident bad girl” has earned her various fan awards, including five Soap Opera Digest Awards, and a Special Fan Award for "America's Favorite Villain" at the 2002 Daytime Emmy Award ceremony.

Recently, however, Sweeney's character got pregnant with EJ (James Scott), who had sexually assaulted her in the past. She never thought she would see her character in this kind of storyline involving EJ especially since she wasn't really keen on the two getting romantically involved in the past.“I have read all sorts of opposing view points on that story. In 16 years on a soap, I've never been part of a more controversial, divisive storyline. And for someone who is always interested in the fans perspective and feedback, it was incredibly difficult for me to try to digest both sides of the argument. In the end, I had a job to do, and I did it the best I could,” the Days of our Lives actress said.

On the other hand, Sweeney seems to be enjoying her scenes with Galen Gering, who plays her body guard Rafe Hernandez.

“Working with Galen is so much fun. I love the newness of it, and that there is no history of any variety with this character. After 16 years in Salem, Sami has baggage with everyone. So, the Sami/Rafe dynamic is a fun new twist for me. He is a talented actor, who certainly isn't hard to look at,” she said.
Right. We know that is the article that was linked. And as I said earlier - it's not Alison Sweeney that said she didn't want to see Sami and EJ paired - those are the author's words. And then that author used her quote to another interview (which they posted a link to at the bottom of their article) to back up the statement, making it appear as though AS's quote was referring to that statement rather than the question she was asked in the original interview.

Bottom line - AS did not say it.

And for the record, it bothers me to see posters put words in ANY actors mouths, not just in relation to EJami or just AS or JS. I just find it irresponsible and disingenuous regardless of who it is.

But I'm happy to go back to talking about shirtless/pantless EJ, Brady or Philip now... :D

Ok I already acknowledged your point and you're now repeating the same point over and over...... :run:

I know it's a tough week for Ejami fans with 'Safe sex' up ahead but those are the breaks :lol: :lol:

Manda1

This thread is soooo funny...I promised myself I wouldn't say anything but........I cannot resist :lol:

I wonder where are the flowers the Ejami fans paid for two months ago? Probably no longer with us..... :lol: But still definitely not a waste of money because they were given to give pleasure to Ali on her birthday and you got a great gift back from her with some pics with James. Amazing we've only got to see them now months after they were taken.

The Safe’s penguins will still be cute and cuddly 2 months from now and if not being enjoyed by Ali and Galen’s children they could always be donated to a children’s hospital for Christmas if they didn’t want to keep hold of them so some sick children could enjoy them.

And the company who produce those stuffed toys were probably pleased to have someone purchase their stuff in this economy too. So I think someone has benefited from the Safe fans buying those penguins not least of all Ali and Galen – just look at their faces in their pics :wub: Hey it's nice to be nice. And could the timing be better I mean? During Safe reunion week and that fans remember everyday they have been on? Yeah, it's nice. :smile:

Actually really enjoying the show this week and looking forward to tomorrow when the story in this article begins to air.

Manda1

michelle
Nov 3 2009, 02:26 PM
Alright already! I will take back my statement of wasting money on penguins in a down economy! You win!

Spend more money if you want! Send them jars and jars of pickles inscribed with SAFE 4 EVER for Christmas and hopefully we'll get more pics of Ali and galen holding the jars for all to see and appreciate!!

Really people, just kidding! Geesh!

Umm a pickles related gift.....not a bad idea ... :lol: :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply