Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoiler picture: Carly and... Mia?; Things that make you go "hmm..."
Topic Started: Nov 2 2009, 05:33 PM (7,931 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Check out this spoiler picture from SoapTownUSA.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I can't tell you how disappointed I'm going to be if it turns out that Mia is the daughter of Carly. I can't stand that brat. If this has to happen, then a recast is 100% necessary. The girl doesn't even resemble Carly, much less Bo and Lawrence. Watching Taylor Spreitler makes me want to hurl things at the television and the last thing I want is for her to taint scenes with Crystal Chappell and Louise Sorel.

Meanwhile, I'm now wondering if Carly will somehow get involved in the baby switch story...

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Dun Dun Duuuunnnn.

Yuck.

I'm with you, Kenny. If Mia turns out to be Carly's kid it will be a terrible rewrite - and so out of left field. I used to sort of expect she would turn out to be Nicole's - or that Melanie would turn out to be Nicole's and Trent's - but why or why would they feel the need to link Mia and Carly? :shame:

angmc
Member Avatar

Oh god...Does that mean that Mia is a Brady? Which would make her...Sami's cousin once or twice removed meaning Grace was Bo's granddaughter? :drunk: :puke: Must everyone be related? :shame:

ETA: TFP Kenny!
Edited by angmc, Nov 2 2009, 05:43 PM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I would not be terribly upset if Mia turns out to be Carly's, but TS will need to step up her game in a huge way.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

I hope this isn't true either. As someone mentioned they don't look alike. I want to see them explain how Carly hasn't been involved in her life for the past year if this is really true.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I really don't want Mia to be related to Carly. I know Taylor is only 16 and she has improved slightly since she first joined the show. However, she needs much, much more improvement. Same goes for Dylan Patton who plays Will. Casey is the strongest actor out of the teens.

Perhaps Carly is just comforting Mia once she finds out her baby died. Wasn't Carly in her late teens when she thought Nicky had died at birth? Then again I have a bad feeling that Mia will be Carly's daughter.

Kenny
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 2 2009, 05:37 PM
why would they feel the need to link Mia and Carly? :shame:
Probably because Mia's embroiled in the biggest story on the canvas right now and this connects Carly to a wider group of characters than just Bo, Vivian and Victor. Since the baby switch story is so all-encompassing and Grace is probably Carly's grandchild, this opens the door for her to interact with everyone from Stefano and Sami to Nicole, Chad and EJ.

I understand it. I just don't like it... mainly because of Taylor Spreitler. What is it going to take for her to be fired? The role of Mia needs to be recast if the writers are going to do this. Pronto!

Kenny
Member Avatar

BradyDiva06
Nov 2 2009, 05:43 PM
I hope this isn't true either. As someone mentioned they don't look alike. I want to see them explain how Carly hasn't been involved in her life for the past year if this is really true.
That was already explained. Lawrence has been holding Carly against her will in Morocco.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't mind Mia being Carly's daughter. Taylor CAN act. She was great when she first came on and was also good during Grace's death. During the summer, she just fell apart and now she's wildly inconsistent. I have to wonder if her recent acting struggles have to do with primarily sharing scenes with the teens for most of the summer when early on she was getting plenty of scenes with older characters. She seems to bring it when she shares scenes with older characters on a regular basis. She's been better lately but seems to lose it once she's back with the teens.

That is one thing that being Carly's daughter would do. It would give Taylor more scenes with CC and I think that can only help her because she does her best work opposite the veteran actors and actresses on the show (Ali, Ari, Suzanne, James, Joe, etc).

And as for her not looking like Carly, that doesn't matter. Alot of kids don't look like their parents.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 2 2009, 05:52 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Nov 2 2009, 05:46 PM
Perhaps Carly is just comforting Mia once she finds out her baby died.
Let us pray.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 2 2009, 05:51 PM
Taylor CAN act. She was great when she first came on and was also good during Grace's death.
I've never liked her, personally. Granted, I missed out on a huge chunk of this year because I wasn't watching, but Taylor was one actress I never liked when I did manage to catch the show here and there.

I don't believe that she's going to improve just because she'll be sharing scenes with Crystal Chappell. I can tell that she's going to suck just by looking at the picture. She has the same "what the fuck am I doing?" look on her face that she's had in every scene I've ever seen her in over the past year, LoL.

They should get someone like Emma Watson to play Mia. I could buy her as Carly's offspring.

Posted Image

Lucid
Member Avatar

uh oh, i don't know how I feel about this.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Let's not jump the gun here - Mia may not be related to Carly. Chad is in the scene too, you just can't see him in that one photo. But trust me, he's there. And Mia and Carly have more scenes coming up down the road (at Maggie's home) - maybe Carly just befriends Mia?

I don't know. Carly is supposedly protecting someone - I guess we will see.

Kenny
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Nov 2 2009, 06:09 PM
Let's not jump the gun here - Mia may not be related to Carly. Chad is in the scene too, you just can't see him in that one photo. But trust me, he's there. And Mia and Carly have more scenes coming up down the road (at Maggie's home) - maybe Carly just befriends Mia?

I don't know. Carly is supposedly protecting someone - I guess we will see.
Chad > Mia.

Personally, I wish they wouldn't connect Carly to any of the younger set. They all suck, LoL. Casey Deidrick is growing on me, but I still fail to see why I should care about Chad. He came out of nowhere and he really serves no purpose except to run around town and act like a mouthy asshole to everyone. I do prefer him being Carly's child over Mia though.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

OBK, thanks for the info. When are these scenes supposed to air? I just wonder how Carly will first meet Mia and Chad.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Nov 2 2009, 06:14 PM
I still fail to see why I should care about Chad. He came out of nowhere and he really serves no purpose except to run around town and act like a mouthy asshole to everyone.
This is the main reason I lost interest in the reveal. The story inexplicably became about Chad, about whom I give not one shit.

If Mia were Carly's child, who would be her father? I don't remember far enough back, but could Carly have been pregnant by Bo when she left? Forgive me for forgetting, but I never have been a Bo, Carly or Bo and Carly fan.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Oh mother fucker. Nooo. No, no, no, no. Please do NOT make Mia Bo/Carly's child. I will seriously slam my head through a wall.

cassie1013

I don't think she's Carly's kid. How the hell would they even explain that? Doesn't make sense.

I can't stand Chad either.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
Nov 2 2009, 06:19 PM
Kenny
Nov 2 2009, 06:14 PM
I still fail to see why I should care about Chad. He came out of nowhere and he really serves no purpose except to run around town and act like a mouthy asshole to everyone.
This is the main reason I lost interest in the reveal. The story inexplicably became about Chad, about whom I give not one shit.
I don't think the writers intended for it to be all about Chad. I think they just wanted him to be a thorn in Nicole's side and foil her at every turn, but in doing so he got way too much focus, so I understand what you're saying and I completely agree.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply