Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The James Scott Interview - Days Of Our Lives; "There is going to be a huge twist..."
Topic Started: Nov 7 2009, 10:51 AM (16,639 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

daisy132
Nov 15 2009, 01:29 PM
Ejami is not for everyone. It's a complex relationship with many facets, just like the characters involved. If you like that kind of thing (which I do), then Ejami is very enjoyable.
Now wait. I love complex relationships with many facets and complex characters, and I don't find EJami very enjoyable at all.
I mean, when they first came, that's what it was and I was a fan.
But so much has changed, and not just the sexual assault....but how Sami has been written to not like EJ very much, the running out of bed, "sex is just sex", I'll only kiss you because of Nicole, the constant eye rolling and eventually the baby keeping...there is just so much shit that makes them not a good couple.
So if you like a couple where the guy has an irrational like towards the girl to the point of immaculinization, and the girl can't seem to stand the guy unless she seems him with her kids, then EJami is very enjoyable.
:)
I guess it is all about perspective.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manda1

Alligato
Nov 15 2009, 06:03 PM
daisy132
Ejami is not for everyone. It's a complex relationship with many facets, just like the characters involved. If you like that kind of thing (which I do), then Ejami is very enjoyable.
Now wait. I love complex relationships with many facets and complex characters, and I don't find EJami very enjoyable at all.
But so much has changed, and not just the sexual assault....but how Sami has been written to not like EJ very much, the running out of bed, "sex is just sex", I'll only kiss you because of Nicole, the constant eye rolling and eventually the baby keeping...there is just so much shit that makes them not a good couple.
So if you like a couple where the guy has an irrational like towards the girl to the point of immaculinization, and the girl can't seem to stand the guy unless she seems him with her kids, then EJami is very enjoyable.
ITA the sexual assualt just makes Ejami nasty for me and Sami has just said 'EJ lives a life of crime and has no morals....' There is no love story being written for Ejami right now no matter what the fans want to chant across the boards and if this is what Sami truly feels about him even if something flared up again between them it won't last long with Sami believing that EJ is morally bankrupt...

If you love complexity there is plenty of it to be had with Ejole - what is predictable is his divorcing her and it's all over now the truth has come out

What is complex is him not going down a predictable path....realising once the fog clears he would never even know that Sydney was his and would never had the experience of the last year with her if it had not be for Nicole!

And they didn't have a pre-nup and she also knows what happened with Stephanie's kidnapping...and with Owen coming back? interesting

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Manda1
Nov 15 2009, 06:45 PM
Alligato
daisy132
ITA the sexual assualt just makes Ejami nasty for me and Sami has just said 'EJ lives a life of crime and has no morals....' There is no love story being written for Ejami right now no matter what the fans want to chant across the boards and if this is what Sami truly feels about him even if something flared up again between them it won't last long with Sami believing that EJ is morally bankrupt...

If you love complexity there is plenty of it to be had with Ejole - what is predictable is his divorcing her and it's all over now the truth has come out

What is complex is him not going down a predictable path....realising once the fog clears he would never even know that Sydney was his and would never had the experience of the last year with her if it had not be for Nicole!

And they didn't have a pre-nup and she also knows what happened with Stephanie's kidnapping...and with Owen coming back? interesting
And isn't that what makes all of this interesting and fun to debate?

I can understand why some people enjoyed EJole together. I get that there are those that enjoy Safe and those who loved Lumi. And remarkably - there are already people that are excited about EJ and Arianna, presuming they will be paired romantically.

We all are drawn to the couples we love for a variety of reasons. And sometimes we change our minds mid-stream for any number of causes. But the bottom line is any of us can be celebrating while others are ranting with just the flick of the writers pen.

So why spend time questioning why people like who they like? I enjoy the debates about the story and how things might go but I think it's a lost cause to expect that anyone is going to change their mind about the pairing they support just because someone else ridicules their choice. :lol:

Alligato
Member Avatar

I agree. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out what people see in certain characters/couples. It's all perspective and personal preference. That's cool!

And I don't mind fanbases, and love how people promote their faves through banners/avis and see how their posts favor their couples. I guess that part is most entertaining about fanbases.
And SocR, I always get a big kick out of your "EJami Freedom Fighters" title. I have no idea what that means, but I, too, would fight to be free from EJami. LMAO! ;) I do have a feeling that is not what you mean it to be though. LOL :)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

AngelOB
Nov 11 2009, 02:48 PM
mer4santo
Nov 11 2009, 01:56 PM
Yes! Pelvis is the definitely who I want to see semi-wrapped in community beige Salem sheets.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But now that I think about it....I could definitely be on board with Pelvis. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oooooh. They could even have flashbacks to the time they dressed up as painters to bug Bo and Hope's house together. I miss Pelvis scenes. :(

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2009, 05:47 PM
[url]

This new tangent (how the heck did we get here, anyway?) reminded me of this.
OMG I am dying. That lucas comment at the end was a nice touch. But when the hell was Rafe wondering around Salem with a picture of EJ? I must've missed that one. LOL.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

six
Nov 11 2009, 06:12 PM
LOL, that's from the talented Racegirlbriar. Who knows how she came up with it, but it's great. Especially that Lucas bit at the end. :laugh:

Whoever this person is their vids are freaking hilarious.

Love Rafe's face when they're in bed and he looks up. Except now whenever I watch his scenes I'm gonna be thinking he just jizzed in his pants. :lol:

Love this one making fun of the summer promo too.

Edited by IMissAremid, Nov 16 2009, 01:41 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Nov 16 2009, 12:08 AM
And SocR, I always get a big kick out of your "EJami Freedom Fighters" title. I have no idea what that means, but I, too, would fight to be free from EJami. LMAO! ;) I do have a feeling that is not what you mean it to be though. LOL :)
:roflol: It's crazy how you seem to know me so well. ;)

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 15 2009, 07:43 PM
Manda1
Nov 15 2009, 06:45 PM
Alligato
daisy132

And isn't that what makes all of this interesting and fun to debate?

I can understand why some people enjoyed EJole together. I get that there are those that enjoy Safe and those who loved Lumi. And remarkably - there are already people that are excited about EJ and Arianna, presuming they will be paired romantically.

We all are drawn to the couples we love for a variety of reasons. And sometimes we change our minds mid-stream for any number of causes. But the bottom line is any of us can be celebrating while others are ranting with just the flick of the writers pen.

So why spend time questioning why people like who they like? I enjoy the debates about the story and how things might go but I think it's a lost cause to expect that anyone is going to change their mind about the pairing they support just because someone else ridicules their choice. :lol:
Great post. There are "chemistry first" fans, "story line first" fans, people who cheer for the heroes, and those who cheer for the villains, people who like believable stories, those who like implausible soapy drama, etc. You can't pin down any fan, and try to read more into their love of a couple than that they love that particular couple. I can't think of one couple, besides Bo and Hope who've gotten a long term on screen "happily ever after" in years. You take what the writers give you, and enjoy it, because just because Sami's saying EJ is morally bankrupt now does not mean she'll feel that way next month, or next year. For all we know, Sami might go back to being morally bankrupt, herself. Even if I don't like a particular couple, it would be sort of hard not to have some sort of understanding of where their fans are coming from, when you take into account that different people enjoy different aspects of stories, and different characters. For example, I get no enjoyment whatsoever out of watching Rafe, but it's not difficult to understand that other people might think he's heroic, and nice and be drawn to that sort of character.

IMA, I don't remember, but I think Rafe had EJ's picture back when Sami was in the safehouse and he was digging up dirt on the Dimeras. If you liked the video, there's a new update to brokeback ejafe. lol
Edited by six, Nov 16 2009, 10:17 AM.

lovnphinie

The twist that JS is talking about involves the emotional reunion. When Sami gets her baby back. And the fact that she has compassion for Nicole and let's nicole hold sydney one last time. Then after all of this Nicole still kidnaps sydney. How she accomphishes the kindnapping is still anyone's guess. I was thinking it was brady but once they have the Brady celebration to welcome sydney into the family, he will know the truth.

Will there be emotional scenes when Sami gets her baby back?

JAMES:

I can tell you this: There is going to be a huge… huge… twist that you don’t see coming that is going to turn that story on its head.

He also said That Story. The story is over after the kidnapping.
Edited by lovnphinie, Nov 16 2009, 01:35 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm not so sure that's a huge twist no one would see coming. people have pretty much known for a fact that nicole was going to go on the run with sydney when it was first reported months ago that nicole's mother was coming back for a few episodes. i also don't think nicole kidnapping sydney 'turns the story on its head.' her kidnapping sydney really changes nothing, as it isn't as if she is going to get away with it for long.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Nov 16 2009, 02:05 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Nov 16 2009, 02:04 PM
i'm not so sure that's a huge twist no one would see coming. people have pretty much known for a fact that nicole was going to go on the run with sydney when it was first reported months ago that nicole's mother was coming back for a few episodes. i also don't think nicole kidnapping sydney 'turns the story on its head.' her kidnapping sydney really changes nothing, as it isn't as if she is going to get away with it for long.
I would agree. It that's it, I am disappointed, although I want this to be over with. I am thinking it has to do more with Grace and who she may really be related to. JMO
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovnphinie

But his response was to the question about the emotional reunion. And JS said that Story and they have moved on to a new story. He could also mean the characters didn't see coming. Nobody would expect nicole to still come after sydney. After everything that has happened. And they are all convinced she is safe around the Brady's and especially the Hero.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

you could be right, but i'm going to be ticked if that's the 'huge twist' that 'turns the story on its head.' i don't think one person in the audience is going to be shocked that sydney is kidnapped by nicole, tho the characters will be surprised, i'm sure. plus he said there's a huge twist 'you' won't see coming. when he uses the second person, i can only assume he is referring to the audience, not the non-existent characters. but we'll see how it plays out.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Nov 16 2009, 02:40 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

I agree - it's got to be something really BIG. If Nicole is pregnant and that is very plausible and would be SHOCKING, we would have a completely torn EJ. How could he take her back knowing how much she lied and deceived him? I don't care how much you love someone, but your spouse completely lying to you about everything - even if she did it for the right reasons? How could he take her back and ever trust her again?

Or if he finds out Sydney is NOT his. I will have completely lost faith in this storytelling if this happens, but I guess it could.
Edited by michelle, Nov 16 2009, 02:53 PM.

jeter2684
Member Avatar

hopefuuly the twist will not have anything to do with the baby switch casue if it does :soapbox: . i'm not even going to speculate cause there are so many theories. i just hope its interesting.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I think that Nicole kidnapping Sydney wouldn't be too much a twist at all. Viewers are already kind of suspecting that she'll do that anyway. Technically, she has already "kidnapped" her. Whatever the twist, I hope that it is interesting. I hope that the storylines don't slip back into boredomville. The show has been rocking since this storyline began. I think that it would be a huge twist if Lucas did turn out to be the father of Sydney. Now, who would see that coming? Sami did stay with Lucas for a little while there before she took off. I do think that Sydney is Sami's baby. I just don't see them taking her from Sami after so much buildup of her finding her. I think that maybe EJ/Nicole's baby is alive out there somewhere. Because the show never really addressed how Stefano conveniently knew everything from the beginning. I think that Dr. Baker was working for good old Stefano all along. Some are speculating that Nicole will come back pregnant. Well, that makes no sense to me that they would script Nicole as being pregnant and wouldn't script in her true pregnancy. Hopefully, the storyline will venture towards something else spectacular. I'm kind of conflicted on what I want for Nicole once she returns(hurry back Ari!). On one hand, I want Ejole and on the other hand I want Bricole. I guess that I'm still holding out for an EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle. On a positive note, I think that all the actors in this story delivered. They've done an awesome job. I know that the Emmy panel doesn't recognize the show too much. But, this is one time that DAYS needs to walk away with the gold. :hail:

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I think the twist involves a whole new couple evolving from this baby mess and a couple that I'm already shipping because, lets face it, when the truth comes out,

EJAFE IS LOVE.

BornwatchingDays

mer4santo
Nov 17 2009, 02:28 AM
I think the twist involves a whole new couple evolving from this baby mess and a couple that I'm already shipping because, lets face it, when the truth comes out,

EJAFE IS LOVE.
I don't post much but I just loved this! :lol:

The twist better knock my socks off. It should be Rafe that helps Nicole steal the baby, or that Ejafe find each other at last, or maybe that the Ejole baby is around somewhere... whatever it is... it needs to be really twisty and huge or I'm going to feel like a real sucker for watching this stupid story line.

BasicBlackTS08

ok, so where's this brillant twist that's so genius? Bring it on Days!

No Dattilo, No Days!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply