Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The James Scott Interview - Days Of Our Lives; "There is going to be a huge twist..."
Topic Started: Nov 7 2009, 10:51 AM (16,526 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Wow! JS really seems to think that it is something that we haven't thought of before, and he is very excited. Makes me very excited!
I really have no clue what he is talking about, but he is hyped about it. Wow!
I guess time will tell since he thinks this is a great story and he has pushed it for some time. I get giddy thinking about what could happen!

Thanks for sharing!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

kitkat
Nov 7 2009, 05:17 PM

What if EJ pulls a Stefano and mind controlls Sami where she believes she is in love with EJ again and she leaves Rafe and Rafe has to rescue her.

EJ would definitely be shown as darker and Rafe as more of the white knight... Cause I think JS loves playing the bad guy.
Sorry, but...

:x :x :x :x :x

daisy132

kitkat
Nov 7 2009, 05:17 PM
Okay this is an ideal of a story line that would bring Sami & EJ back together but make sense to those of us who believe Sami when she says she loves Rafe and has never felt this way before...

It was mention what Stefano did to Marlena...

What if EJ pulls a Stefano and mind controlls Sami where she believes she is in love with EJ again and she leaves Rafe and Rafe has to rescue her.

EJ would definitely be shown as darker and Rafe as more of the white knight... Cause I think JS loves playing the bad guy.
You do know that the "white knight" was supposed to be EJ with his daughter..... You know, the only original phrase or logo I saw so far is "Safe against the world". Only an observation. :shrug:
Edited by daisy132, Nov 7 2009, 10:47 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

He sounds very excited and that has to be a good thing. He sounded excited last year too and we were given some great stuff IMO so this is promising.

I'm sure EJ is going to go to a dark place. How can't he? I think we will see EJ turn on his father and that, along with the drug cartel story, is what he is most likely most excited about. I can't wait to see a darker EJ.

I think it's safe to say now that whatever twist is coming is not an expected twist like Sydney being kidnapped or something like that. We all know that is coming. I have a feeling Baker may have switched the babies again, meaning Sami and EJ's baby really did die. That takes EJ further to a darker place and that brings alot more drama. That is my theory.

I'm excited. Days looks like it's pulling out all the stops.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 8 2009, 12:19 AM
He sounds very excited and that has to be a good thing.
I just hope the writers follow through with all the good stuff that James was promised.

As for Sami and EJ's baby really being dead... I would hate that. To go from mourning a baby to thinking it's alive and then mourning its death again would just be overkill.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Nov 8 2009, 12:24 AM
PhoenixRising05
I just hope the writers follow through with all the good stuff that James was promised.

As for Sami and EJ's baby really being dead... I would hate that. To go from mourning a baby to thinking it's alive and then mourning its death again would just be overkill.
Or it could be gut-wrenching and push them both over the edge, which is where the drama is.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, I didnt like it when an interviewer is very biased towards one side. It seemed like every other question he asked JS was about Sami? Dude, he's still married to Nicole! And he barely asked about AZ or the upcoming drug SL or anything that didnt pertain to EJ and Sami?

I listened to the interview and it "reads" much better then the transcripts!

As for the twist...Im so hoping, hoping, hoping that Sydney is the ejole baby!!! (But that's my bias showing!LOL)

Thanks for posting!

cassie1013

lysie
Nov 7 2009, 05:34 PM
cassie1013
Nov 7 2009, 05:07 PM
I'll be extremely annoyed if it's another 'secret spawn' story. This is one ploy DAYS has severely overused...to the point that's not even believable anymore.
I will be, too. It's so overdone on this show that not only is it not believable, it's not a twist, it's not brilliant,and it's not surprising. It's just another Tuesday.
Was laughing as I was reading this, thinking about how many people in Salem are actually secret spawns. I find it ruins the relationships later, too - for example, it always bothered me how Chelsea just automatically entered into a mother/daughter relationship with Billie. Um, really? She met her at what, 18 years old? And they act like they've known each other forever. Makes 0 sense.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Nov 8 2009, 01:10 AM
Kenny
Nov 8 2009, 12:24 AM
PhoenixRising05

Or it could be gut-wrenching and push them both over the edge, which is where the drama is.
I disagree.

We already saw Sami and EJ go through the gut-wrenching drama of their baby being dead. We know what that looks like already. We haven't seen the drama of Nicole dealing with life without Sydney or the drama of Chad and Mia thinking their baby is dead. That's where the new drama is. If EJ and Sami suddenly find out that their baby is dead... again... I actually see both of them just going pretty numb rather than ranting and raving and that's just way more depressing than exciting to me.

But EJ finding out that Stefano has lied to him about everything and protected Nicole in her manipulations of him is the thing that seems like it is going to push EJ over the edge even more than his baby dying did anyway.

And Sami realizing how stupid she was to trust Nicole and take her into her home and dealing with how to balance her relationship with Rafe with caring for her three young children by other men should be plenty edgy drama for her.

The EJole baby actually being alive, especially if that baby is Sydney, would make the whole last year of story be pretty damn pointless and it could take away a lot of the sympathy Nicole has with the audience despite what she's done if she no longer has the excuse of her grief over her miscarriage to help explain her ensuing crazy.

I hope the twist is something else.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Nov 8 2009, 01:16 AM
Well, I didnt like it when an interviewer is very biased towards one side. It seemed like every other question he asked JS was about Sami? Dude, he's still married to Nicole! And he barely asked about AZ or the upcoming drug SL or anything that didnt pertain to EJ and Sami?

I listened to the interview and it "reads" much better then the transcripts!

As for the twist...Im so hoping, hoping, hoping that Sydney is the ejole baby!!! (But that's my bias showing!LOL)

Thanks for posting!
I'm really hoping that this is not the twist, as I want Sydney to be Sami & EJ's and even though they said that Nicole miscarried at 20 weeks........I can actually see this being the twist (ugh).

From a casting perspective, the writers want Nicole back in circulation asap, post her maternity leave. As she will be in jail, this means springing her from prison, in a semi plausible way. If they don't go down the temporary insanity route or she breaks down & goes for treatment, then the only way to get her out of jail with any plausibility, would be for her never to have committed a crime. She couldn't actually kidnap her own daughter and the switch she was charged with, wouldn't have happened, so she would then be free, and back in Salem.

I don't want it to happen, but I could see them doing it. The question would then be if EJ & Sami's baby died or is somewhere with Dr Baker.

However, I too, would much rather the twist was something else.
Edited by UKDaysFan, Nov 8 2009, 06:07 AM.

ges
Member Avatar

Nicole had a miscarriage. Not a stillborn, not a premature baby, etc. She wasn't far along enough for the baby to survive. So if they pull that shit, it is an insult to my intelligence as a viewer. Something brilliant...hmmnn. I find that hard to believe. As long as it doesn't involve any more dna bullcrap. I think Nicole would have remembered having been pregnant so that leaves her out as Mia's mother. Why would Carly being Chad or Mia's mother be brilliant. I don't see the explosiveness in that. I'm stumped.
I am glad however, that James Scott called them out on the stupidity of E.J. I am glad to see he found it as annoying as the rest of us. I hope he gets to be clever again instead of the village idiot. And Brady! Don't get me started. It is o.k. for him to help Nicole perpertuate this huge fraud with Sydney but he is all righetous about Arianna being a drug dealer. He does need his ass kicked. He is all high and mighty when it suits him. He is no better than Nicole and someone needs to make him pay for it. He should go to jail, too. He is making me sick right now.

dooldooldool

ges
Nov 8 2009, 10:43 AM
Nicole had a miscarriage. Not a stillborn, not a premature baby, etc. She wasn't far along enough for the baby to survive. So if they pull that shit, it is an insult to my intelligence as a viewer......... And Brady! Don't get me started. It is o.k. for him to help Nicole perpertuate this huge fraud with Sydney but he is all righetous about Arianna being a drug dealer. He does need his ass kicked. He is all high and mighty when it suits him.
Um, perhaps you are a somewhat new viewer to DOOL, but the "third baby" scenario is EXACTLY the type of storyline that has driven the ratings for DOOL for the past 20 years. Crazy, outlandish, over-the-top, unbelievable, and periodically cringe-worthy twists and turns make the show fun and exciting.

A deranged twin swapping places with her stable sister in an asylum, then assuming her identity on staff at the hospital. One Brady sister having hysterical blindness while a second gets hysterical deafness. The Phoenix rising from the dead 8-10 times. A teenage candy-striper "adjusting" blood test results not once, not twice, but at least three times. A crafty policewoman who morphs into an adulterous doctor who morphs into an evil Cruella DeVille, stealing her best friend's baby, then who morphs into a crazed feral dirt-encrusted grunt human after spending six months in an underground tunnel courtesy her father, and finally morphs into respected Chief of Staff after announcing half of Salem dead when they are just "drugged". A possessed psychiatrist torching the Salem Place XMAS tree, levitating in her penthouse, and morphing into a panther. Herbs that lead to a weeklong stay in a buried coffin, complete with walkie-talkies. Toddlers aging into teenagers over a long weekend. "Salem Days" that last for 22 episodes. A demented, chain-smoking European Princess tricking her Salem lookalike into a castle imprisonment. Microchips in the brains of a half-dozen folks. Microchips implanted in an impacted tooth, complete with a handheld dial device to create antics befitting Laurel and Hardy and then flying across the garden during a wedding in which the bride and groom are decked out as Elvis and Priscilla Presley. Locking your boyfriend in a cage all summer. A dead SwampBaby turning up 5 years later as a troubled teen orphaned in a deadly car accident who proceeds to speed-bump over her brother while searching for her cellphone while driving. Tossing a toddler overboard into the ocean to "save" her. Oh, and the pretend murders of nine Salem citizens by gunshot, brick, cake-knife, pinata, prayer vigil, wine bottle, graveyard struggle, blood-thirsty tiger, and, of course, donut choke.

An insult to your intelligence? Then you shouldn't be watching DOOL.

As for Brady. He is allowed to do anything as long as he wears that blue long-sleeve T. I am stunned that the wardrobe department recycled that look so quickly. Then again, they obviously were just as impressed as us (male and female) viewers.

And I do think he reaction to the drug dealer revelation was DOOL appropriate, especially since the worst possible thing for a person battling drug addiction is to discover that the "love of his life" was dealing. He didn't slug her. Or choke her the way that Elvis threatened his wife.
Edited by dooldooldool, Nov 8 2009, 12:45 PM.

sungrey

LOL! You do have to suspend your disbelief at times when watching Days. I remember all of these stories vividly; Princess Gina and the Salem Stalker I'd prefer to forget.

Could EJ have a twin and could the twin have been the one to violate Sami... it would certainly twist that story, but I'm afraid that would be too big a twist. James is definitely better at playing the bad guy.
Edited by sungrey, Nov 8 2009, 12:20 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

No "shocking twists" please. At this point when I hear that word and this show...the shock would be for them to just play a damn story straight through, fully-committed, without fear of what kind of consequences there will be for the characters. And, y'know, playing those consequences for more than a couple episodes. Whatever. It's all on Carly/Vivian for me at this point.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

My vote goes to bringing Nicole's baby back. This storyline was a winner yet a bummer in a lot of aspects. It's was a winning storyline because it highlighted the acting chops of both Arianne Zucker and James Scott. I pretty much just tolerated EJ until he began interacting with Nicole.To my surprise, I actually found myself for once pulling for EJ. Nicole and EJ played off so well together in the early part of their storyline. Plus, A. Zucker brought so many layers to Nicole that were simply amazing and outstanding. She really brought her talent to the forefront. AZ transformed Nicole from a one note villainess to a character of multi-layers.It was great story. The downside of the story is that TPTB were so intent upon pleasing only a small fraction of their audience that they killed not one but two innocent babies. Both Mia and Nicole lost their children through death. IMO the show was so intent on cementing Ejami together that they didn't consider the large portion of the viewing audience who simply don't like them together. IMO this would be the only way to make the story right. Sami fans will be delighted to see her get her baby back while Nicole fans will delight in her getting the one thing that she wants most: her baby. TPTB needs to get off this road of having only Sami and Hope being the baby makers in Salem. Shoot, they are the only ones capable of having them. Now, the scribes have made even Chloe incapable of having children. That sucks. What about the next generation? Who are those kids going to get involved with? Having Nicole/EJ's baby be alive will be the only thing that will satisfy the huge throng of Nicole/EJ supporters. As for the romantic pairings, I think the show would benefit from a Brady/Nicole/EJ triangle. These three actors play so well off each other. Now, that is the story that I want to see. So, I say bring on the twist. I'm ready for it. :hail:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lazydazes
Nov 8 2009, 01:26 PM
The downside of the story is that TPTB were so intent upon pleasing only a small fraction of their audience that they killed not one but two innocent babies. Both Mia and Nicole lost their children through death. IMO the show was so intent on cementing Ejami together that they didn't consider the large portion of the viewing audience who simply don't like them together. IMO this would be the only way to make the story right.
Please tell me I'm misreading your post... you think the show killed Nicole and Mia's babies to make EJami fans pleased?

I personally think TPTB killed the babies for the drama and plot, not for the sake of any particular fans. I also don't think EJami fans were pleased by Mia and Nicole's babies dying. I can't speak for all Ejami fans, but I root for EJ and Sami to be together. Not babies to die.

Also, I'm a bit confused that if the show really is so much about making EJami fans happy at the expense of everyone else, please explain to me why the show is shoving Safe down my throat? Thanks.

Quote:

TPTB needs to get off this road of having only Sami and Hope being the baby makers in Salem.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It's dumb that the only thing they can think of to give Danloe angst is a fertility bummer and I'm all for Nicole having a miracle baby with Brady (Or Phillip... I'm not that excited by Phelanie or Phinie these days and it'd be interesting to see him with another dark character and an older woman) or even some revelation down the road that the miscarried Ejole baby is alive somewhere down the line a la Georgia/Chelsea, but I would be extremely annoyed if the show tried to tell me Sydney was biologically Nicole's (since Nicole miscarried way earlier than Sydney and Grace were actually born) and not only would suddenly presenting Nicole with her own baby make all the crap she pulled to screw with Mia/Chad/EJ/Sami/Rafe's lives during the last year even worse, a suddenly happy serene Nicole with her new baby would probably be boring.

Quote:

Having Nicole/EJ's baby be alive will be the only thing that will satisfy the huge throng of Nicole/EJ supporters.

So writing the show to make EJami fans happy is wrong, but you're OK with the TPTB writing the show to cater to fanbases just so long as it's the fanbase you belong to?

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Nov 8 2009, 03:31 AM
We already saw Sami and EJ go through the gut-wrenching drama of their baby being dead. We know what that looks like already. We haven't seen the drama of Nicole dealing with life without Sydney or the drama of Chad and Mia thinking their baby is dead. That's where the new drama is. If EJ and Sami suddenly find out that their baby is dead... again... I actually see both of them just going pretty numb rather than ranting and raving and that's just way more depressing than exciting to me.

I hope the twist is something else.
That's exactly how I feel. Too much story manipulation and too much depressing stuff for Sami in such a short period of time. It's overkill.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I wonder if the twist will just be that Nicole runs off with Sydney. I think sometimes that actors don't realize how much info those of us on message boards are privy to. So they may think the writers are shocking us, when in reality we figured it out awhile ago.

Quote:

A deranged twin swapping places with her stable sister in an asylum, then assuming her identity on staff at the hospital. One Brady sister having hysterical blindness while a second gets hysterical deafness. The Phoenix rising from the dead 8-10 times. A teenage candy-striper "adjusting" blood test results not once, not twice, but at least three times. A crafty policewoman who morphs into an adulterous doctor who morphs into an evil Cruella DeVille, stealing her best friend's baby, then who morphs into a crazed feral dirt-encrusted grunt human after spending six months in an underground tunnel courtesy her father, and finally morphs into respected Chief of Staff after announcing half of Salem dead when they are just "drugged". A possessed psychiatrist torching the Salem Place XMAS tree, levitating in her penthouse, and morphing into a panther. Herbs that lead to a weeklong stay in a buried coffin, complete with walkie-talkies. Toddlers aging into teenagers over a long weekend. "Salem Days" that last for 22 episodes. A demented, chain-smoking European Princess tricking her Salem lookalike into a castle imprisonment. Microchips in the brains of a half-dozen folks. Microchips implanted in an impacted tooth, complete with a handheld dial device to create antics befitting Laurel and Hardy and then flying across the garden during a wedding in which the bride and groom are decked out as Elvis and Priscilla Presley. Locking your boyfriend in a cage all summer. A dead SwampBaby turning up 5 years later as a troubled teen orphaned in a deadly car accident who proceeds to speed-bump over her brother while searching for her cellphone while driving. Tossing a toddler overboard into the ocean to "save" her. Oh, and the pretend murders of nine Salem citizens by gunshot, brick, cake-knife, pinata, prayer vigil, wine bottle, graveyard struggle, blood-thirsty tiger, and, of course, donut choke.

This made me LOL. Thanks for the chuckle. :laugh:

Nicole Walker

I hope Nicole's baby is alive. They certainly treated Nicole fans very wrong in this story. I'd like to see Nicole with her daughter more than anything.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Nov 8 2009, 03:59 PM
I hope Nicole's baby is alive. They certainly treated Nicole fans very wrong in this story. I'd like to see Nicole with her daughter more than anything.
I agree!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply