Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christmas time in Salem!
Topic Started: Oct 21 2009, 04:21 PM (4,723 Views)
dooldooldool

Mitchapalooza
Oct 21 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow that is insane that the show is taping 5 to 6 weeks in advance....is it not usually more like 3 to 4 weeks in advance?
A few years ago, DOOL re-configured their taping schedules (to save $$$) and much of the program is taped way in advance. That often explains why certain actors are heavily played and others are missing. There are probably a few experts out there with inside info, but I recall the actors saying that they loved the new schedules since they often had 1-2 week breaks, which were a nice trade-off for the long hours on "tape days". I also recall hearing that they rarely rehearse lines onstage and do re-takes only when its a major messup. (And frankly, with the extremely short scenes we get in 2009, very few probably require re-shoots).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Holy smoke! I seriously can't tell if that is Nadia or Lindsay. I never realized they were so similar!
Thanks for sharing!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Oct 23 2009, 07:35 AM
Holy smoke! I seriously can't tell if that is Nadia or Lindsay. I never realized they were so similar!
Thanks for sharing!
It's weird. It looks like Lindsay with Nadia's hair. I can't believe Nadia would ever cover up the girls so thorougly...so I'm going with Lindsay. :lol:

Alligato
Member Avatar

^LOL! That's a way to figure it out! No boobs and track suit = Lindsay.

Although if LH got new boobs, maybe they could write it as Arianna is Chloe's long lost twin sister! :) Maybe that is why Brady is attracted to her...she reminds him of Chloe. :)

lastDays
Member Avatar

I do hope it was street clothes LH was wearing and not a costume .Its hideous looking :blink:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2009, 04:15 PM
Amello
Oct 22 2009, 04:12 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 21 2009, 10:46 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 21 2009, 10:21 PM
Love Salem at Christmastime. On a side note, I hope that's not Lindsey Hartley's outfit for actual scenes. That sweatsuit is hideous!
Isn't that Nadia Bjorlin?
Yes it is. Drew what you smoking? LOL
It's Lindsay (Nadia said it was on her twitter).
Thank you! Amello, you just worry about what you're smoking over there. And go comment today's episode bitch! :wave:

IIttu
Member Avatar

I wish they would bring fired couples back for Christmas time, but guess it's too much asked for Corday. I'd love to see John&Marlena and Steve&Kayla joining the celebration. Doug and Julie will most probably be there anyways.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

IIttu
Oct 25 2009, 08:36 AM
I wish they would bring fired couples back for Christmas time, but guess it's too much asked for Corday. I'd love to see John&Marlena and Steve&Kayla joining the celebration. Doug and Julie will most probably be there anyways.
I don't think you can blame Corday for that. I doubt most actors would return for just a few episodes like that.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 25 2009, 09:39 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just bumping this thread to say that the Christmas episode was taped a few days ago (confirmed by Alison Sweeney and Crystal Chappell on Twitter) and Crystal just revealed that her sons are at the studio today taping holiday scenes at the hospital.

Looks like the annual reading of the Christmas Story will continue this year. :)

Ellie

Kenny
Nov 5 2009, 01:39 PM
Just bumping this thread to say that the Christmas episode was taped a few days ago (confirmed by Alison Sweeney and Crystal Chappell on Twitter) and Crystal just revealed that her sons are at the studio today taping holiday scenes at the hospital.

Looks like the annual reading of the Christmas Story will continue this year. :)
Wow, that's much earlier than normal. They used to tape it immediately before the Thanksgiving break.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 5 2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, that's much earlier than normal. They used to tape it immediately before the Thanksgiving break.
Yeah, it's crazy how far ahead they are with the taping schedule. That's why the show looks like shit these days. They don't pay attention to the quality. They just rush it along to try and stay ahead of the schedule.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Kenny

Wonder who will get the honor of reading the story this year? Someone somewhere mentioned Lucas, but that was just speculation.
Doug and Julie are definitely supposed to be coming back.

Kenny
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Nov 5 2009, 01:48 PM
Kenny

Wonder who will get the honor of reading the story this year?
Probably Dr. Sperm.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

You would think taping so far in advance gives everyone more time to edit the show and make it look great. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

I expect Chloe to read the story this year, given she's connected to Daniel and had that long stay at the hospital this year.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Here are all the christmas readers since 1985.

1985: Andrea Barber (Carrie Brady).
1986: Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton).
1987: Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton).
1988: Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton).
1989: George Jenesky (Nick Corelli).
1990: Peter Reckell (Bo Brady).
1991: Richard Biggs (Marcus Hunter).
1992: Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux). (*at St. Luke's)
1993: Macdonald Carey (Tom Horton) & Frances Reid (Alice Horton).
1994: Roark Critchlow (Mike Horton).
1995: [With a majority of the cast in "Aremid", the story was not read].
1996: Roark Critchlow (Mike Horton).
1997: Peter Reckell (Bo Brady).
1998: Roark Critchlow (Mike Horton).
1999: Frances Reid (Alice Horton).
2000: Frances Reid (Alice Horton).
2001: [Special flashback episode; flashbacks of Tom & Alice are used].
2002: Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane).
2003: Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Deveraux).
2004: Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Deveraux).
2005: Jason Cook (Shawn Brady).
2006: Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson).
2007: Darin Brooks (Max Brady).
2008: Bill Hayes (Doug Williams).

http://www.jason47.com/days/dayschristmas.html

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Nov 5 2009, 03:16 PM
2002: Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane).
2005: Jason Cook (Shawn Brady).
2007: Darin Brooks (Max Brady).

http://www.jason47.com/days/dayschristmas.html
What a disgrace!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just thought of something. You don't think they'll give Melanie and Mia an honorary ball on the Horton Christmas tree do you?
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't know about Mia, but Melanie I can definitely see, since Maggie has repeatedly said she "adores" her and she's romantically involved with Nathan--at least, that's the impression I get but I haven't watched in a little while and I often FF Melanie anyway.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Amello
Nov 5 2009, 04:54 PM
Just thought of something. You don't think they'll give Melanie and Mia an honorary ball on the Horton Christmas tree do you?
Oh God...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply