Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christmas time in Salem!
Topic Started: Oct 21 2009, 04:21 PM (4,708 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Nov 5 2009, 04:56 PM
Amello
Nov 5 2009, 04:54 PM
Just thought of something. You don't think they'll give Melanie and Mia an honorary ball on the Horton Christmas tree do you?
Oh God...
That's what I was thinking. They are living with Maggie. Melanie I wouldn't mind so much, but fucking Mia, HELL NO!
Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Has anyone heard if Frances Reid will be there this year? I know she wasn't well enough to be there last year. I'm assuming she won't be there again this year.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Nov 5 2009, 05:02 PM
Has anyone heard if Frances Reid will be there this year? I know she wasn't well enough to be there last year. I'm assuming she won't be there again this year.
I'm guessing that Frances Reid's days on Days are pretty much done for good.

lastDays
Member Avatar

The worst person to read the Christmas story would be Melanie
Edited by lastDays, Nov 5 2009, 05:22 PM.

jane1978

lastDays
Nov 5 2009, 05:22 PM
I donīt think Melanie will read the story, but I do think she will get her own christmas ball from Maggie. As for the christmas reading, I think Nathan is a good candidate. He is the proud successor of Tom Hortonīs legacy and they are really pushing up his Horton roots lately.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Amello
Just thought of something. You don't think they'll give Melanie and Mia an honorary ball on the Horton Christmas tree do you?
Oh God...
Who knows. They might be too cheap to spring for the balls, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Nov 5 2009, 06:15 PM
lastDays
Nov 5 2009, 05:22 PM
I donīt think Melanie will read the story, but I do think she will get her own christmas ball from Maggie. As for the christmas reading, I think Nathan is a good candidate. He is the proud successor of Tom Hortonīs legacy and they are really pushing up his Horton roots lately.

I agree.

I can see Maggie giving Melanie an ornament and that would not bother me much. I can see it being a sign of her accepting her relationship with Nathan. We know there will be one new ornament this year with Nathan being here now. I doubt we will see Mia get an ornament. We hardly ever even see her in scenes with Maggie, which is a shame.

I think Nathan is a lock to read the Christmas story. They are really pushing him as the next great Horton doctor and with so much taking place at the hospital you know Nathan and Melanie will be at the center of it all.

My longshot to read the story is Sami since you usually see the person who reads it being one who has been through alot. She lost Grace this year and I fully expect her to be the major focus of the Christmas stuff because I'm sure Sydney being reunited with her will be the Christmas miracle. I can see the show going for an emotional moment there.

Sadly, I don't expect to see Alice. I do think we will see Doug and Julie though and it seems Lucas will be back for Christmas so we will have some Horton's around.

Ellie

I think the choice of who reads the story should be actor-based and not character-based. I'd like to see Suzanne take over the job.

dooldooldool

Now that we are just 7-9 "Salem Days" away from XMAS, I wonder if we will even get a Horton Christmas Tree. The Horton Living Room set hasn't been used all year and the show just passed up two opportunities to "re-launch" that set with two HORTONS needing new digs (Nathan and Hope).

That leaves only four Horton "sets": Bo+Hope Living Room, Maggie's Kitchen, Lucas' front porch, and the newly-launched Nathan Bedroom. For awhile, I was thinking that they would move the celebration to the Bo+Hope Living Room, but it seems like that couple is split for awhile (although I could see a "lets do it for Ciara" forced reunion).

I don't expect that Mia and Melanie will get ornaments, although there will probably be jokes and hints amongst the guests that "Melanie, you will be next" as Nathan makes Geico Eyes (googly eyes) at her while she fantasizes about Philip.

After last year's mishap, Chloe didn't need a replacement ornament after all.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Nov 6 2009, 09:00 PM
Now that we are just 7-9 "Salem Days" away from XMAS, I wonder if we will even get a Horton Christmas Tree. The Horton Living Room set hasn't been used all year and the show just passed up two opportunities to "re-launch" that set with two HORTONS needing new digs (Nathan and Hope).
The Horton set hasn't been a regular set for years. But it has always been used during christmas.

paul89

please have Jack and Jennifer back

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Nov 7 2009, 04:42 AM
dooldooldool
Nov 6 2009, 09:00 PM
The Horton set hasn't been a regular set for years.
I've never understood that. It's a pretty set. "Mickey" and Maggie should move in there or something.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

paul89
Nov 7 2009, 09:20 AM
please have Jack and Jennifer back
I would be so delighted, but sadly, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Nov 5 2009, 06:33 PM
Kenny
Amello
Oh God...
Who knows. They might be too cheap to spring for the balls, LoL.
I think Melanie & Mia are definitely getting Christmas ornaments.

They might recycle ones they don't need now ;)

LovingDays

I just found out that Kate/Stefano will celebrate Christmas yeahhhhhhhhhh

She said at 1:29
http://vimeo.com/7747116

LovingDays

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/clips/days-insider-interviews-wally-and-nadia/1176404/

Nadia say there will be a christmas dinner at K mansion the people are Chloe,Daniel,Philip,Vivian,Stefano,Victor,Kate im sad Justin is not there but its will be really fun i cant wait that will be so much fun lollll
Edited by LovingDays, Nov 25 2009, 12:57 AM.

cassie1013

Kenny
Amello
Oh God...
You know they will!

cassie1013

Mitchapalooza
Oct 21 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow that is insane that the show is taping 5 to 6 weeks in advance....is it not usually more like 3 to 4 weeks in advance?

DAYS always does Christmas well....Christmas in Salem ALWAYS brings back memories of the The Desecrator/Possession story for me....ihaha.

I am pretty sure they used to tape 4 weeks ahead, because I always remembered Y&R taped about 6...and it was weird to me that Y&R was further ahead than DOOL. But I also know that DAYS speeds up taping at this point in the year, so they can do a Thanksgiving and Christmas hiatus...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

cassie1013
Nov 25 2009, 01:35 AM
Kenny
Amello
Oh God...
You know they will!

Maybe I just feel like being contrary, but I will actually be surprised if Mia and Melanie get Horton balls, because that would rob somebody (probably Maggie or Doug) of the nudge, nudge/wink, wink moment that maybe someday Mia will get a Horton ball next to Will; Melanie will get a Horton ball next to Nathan.

Quote:

I am pretty sure they used to tape 4 weeks ahead, because I always remembered Y&R taped about 6...and it was weird to me that Y&R was further ahead than DOOL. But I also know that DAYS speeds up taping at this point in the year, so they can do a Thanksgiving and Christmas hiatus...

I think Days is at least 6 weeks ahead at all times nowadays because of the way their production schedule is set up to save money. During weeks they are filming they supposedly shoot 7 episodes in 5 days, which I think if my math is right would give them a week to shut production down about every month or do a two-week hiatus every two months.

I'm not exactly sure how it works but I know actors have tweeted that they were off more than just the holidays now.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

Christmas at the Kiriakis mansion should be a hoot....I can just imagine the snarky remarks flying around. :biggrin: I'm just grateful there will be a Christmas this year since we got no Thanksgiving. :hmmph: Maggie will probably make sure Melanie and Mia have their own Christmas ball for the tree. :wink:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply