Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Sydney Is Kidnapped!; Dec 8th issue; Article Summaries
Topic Started: Nov 25 2009, 08:09 PM (7,060 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Speaking of Rolf...it may be strange to say but I miss him. Has anyone heard how the actor that played him is doing? Any hope that he'll come back to the show?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Nov 30 2009, 09:24 PM
So I don't know how they would make this happen, but what if it's Rafe? After all, he's been built up to be a hero.

Someone made this comment in another thread:

"I hate the way the writers are writing Sami when she's with Rafe. Sami's putting all of her faith into Rafe to bring Sydney home".

This comment actually makes sense. He's been portrayed as a hero, Sami has no suspicions of him, and EJ doesn't trust him. He did tell Sami that she's not a good judge of character and that she knows nothing about him, but then they just dropped that and started building Rafe as Sami's saviour and hero. It is possible that somehow EJ will be proven right, and Rafe would have had a huge negative impact on this storyline.
I think that woud be a good story in theory, but I'm just don't think GG could pull it off. He's only one way all the time and I'm not sure he could pull off sinister or creepy.

TPTB have gone to great lengths to make him out the hero, but I'm not sure they're smart enough to be thinking that far out of the box.

If the stars could align and GG could actually show some emotion and range, I think this would be a great way to go with this story. Not holding my breath. :shrug:

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

kitkat
Nov 30 2009, 01:59 AM
Ellie
Nov 25 2009, 08:09 PM

SOW:Sydney Is Kidnapped!

The horrific discovery is set in motion after Sami pleads with EJ to work together to find their daughter. EJ agrees. Their collaboration rekindles their old bond. "This girl has just got a hold over EJ," says James Scott. "It's sad that Sami comes bloody close to him in this horrible circumstance and EJ gets something out of that. It's sad that this is the only type of relationship he can have with her; when things become their worst and forces move them together."

Sami and Rafe rush to the station when they learn about the break in the case, but Sami crumbles when the efforts to find Nicole are not successful. EJ and Rafe console her, and EJ begins hoping for a reconciliation with Sami once they find Sydney.

So in other words Monday, they look at a photo album and discuss their daughter and decide to lay aside their differences and find their daughter. Which is something she's already discusses with Rafe. Sami starts to cry and EJ tries to comfort her somewhat inappropriately, considering the fact he knows she's in a relationship with Rafe. But I guess her feelings and desires don't matter, it's what EJ wants. By the way, at the end of Monday's show she is in Rafe's arms.

So in other words, she's upset and frustrated, she has had not much sleep and she faints EJ catches her. I mean maybe he should have let her fall. Rafe tends to his love. And EJ decides he wants Sami, it doesn't matter what she's feeling right now for Rafe.

Sami and EJ are sad that their daughter Sydney is kidnapped. EJ comforts Sami by placing his hand on hers and placing his other hand on her back. This is inappropriate because she is in a relationship with Rafe, and EJ is being disrespectful by touching Sami this way.

BUT...

Days ago Sami and EJ are sad that their "daughter" Grace is dead. They grieve at her gravesite. Sami comforts EJ by walking up and holding his hand. She then lays her head on his chest and smiles as he strokes her cheek. She then leans against him as he puts his arm around her. Was Sami behaving inappropriately? Was she disrespecting her relationship with Rafe by holding EJ's hand?

I just don't see EJ behaving inappropriately by comforting Sami about Sydney considering just days before she was comforting him and holding his hand. Obviously she didn't think that was inappropriate or an act of disrespect to Saint Rafe. Not everything EJ does is evil or mean. And if Sami can comfort him and it is ok then it should be ok that he comforts her. It's not like he was purposefully putting the moves on her because he knew Rafe was there.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Queen_Christine
Dec 1 2009, 02:16 AM
kitkat
Ellie

The horrific discovery is set in motion after Sami pleads with EJ to work together to find their daughter. EJ agrees. Their collaboration rekindles their old bond. "This girl has just got a hold over EJ," says James Scott. "It's sad that Sami comes bloody close to him in this horrible circumstance and EJ gets something out of that. It's sad that this is the only type of relationship he can have with her; when things become their worst and forces move them together."

Sami and Rafe rush to the station when they learn about the break in the case, but Sami crumbles when the efforts to find Nicole are not successful. EJ and Rafe console her, and EJ begins hoping for a reconciliation with Sami once they find Sydney.

So in other words Monday, they look at a photo album and discuss their daughter and decide to lay aside their differences and find their daughter. Which is something she's already discusses with Rafe. Sami starts to cry and EJ tries to comfort her somewhat inappropriately, considering the fact he knows she's in a relationship with Rafe. But I guess her feelings and desires don't matter, it's what EJ wants. By the way, at the end of Monday's show she is in Rafe's arms.

So in other words, she's upset and frustrated, she has had not much sleep and she faints EJ catches her. I mean maybe he should have let her fall. Rafe tends to his love. And EJ decides he wants Sami, it doesn't matter what she's feeling right now for Rafe.

Sami and EJ are sad that their daughter Sydney is kidnapped. EJ comforts Sami by placing his hand on hers and placing his other hand on her back. This is inappropriate because she is in a relationship with Rafe, and EJ is being disrespectful by touching Sami this way.

BUT...

Days ago Sami and EJ are sad that their "daughter" Grace is dead. They grieve at her gravesite. Sami comforts EJ by walking up and holding his hand. She then lays her head on his chest and smiles as he strokes her cheek. She then leans against him as he puts his arm around her. Was Sami behaving inappropriately? Was she disrespecting her relationship with Rafe by holding EJ's hand?

I just don't see EJ behaving inappropriately by comforting Sami about Sydney considering just days before she was comforting him and holding his hand. Obviously she didn't think that was inappropriate or an act of disrespect to Saint Rafe. Not everything EJ does is evil or mean. And if Sami can comfort him and it is ok then it should be ok that he comforts her. It's not like he was purposefully putting the moves on her because he knew Rafe was there.
I think the SOD article says it all, EJ is using her pain as a jumping of point for a relationship. And the day they went to the gravesite, first EJ did not know she was back with Rafe and second the kiss on the cheek at her place was a little forward. Thank goodness it wasn't in the script.

Things since then have changed. He knows she is with Rafe, sadly he doesn't seem to care. EJ, EJ, EJ, second verse same as the first. The man has not change he's still selfish and puts his desires above all others.

kitkat
Member Avatar

Alligato
Nov 30 2009, 10:13 PM
I think that would be awesome...Rafe stealing Sydney to bring back to Sami so he could keep up his hero complex in her mind...but not sure it would work. It would be a cool twist that I wouldn't see coming, but they have pulled all the stops by bringing all these Hernandez kids on and they haven't inched at all in making Rafe this super dude, and he is working with the cops and used to be a cop.
I don't think Days is smart enough to make it work.

I think it is Dr. Baker. And the twist is that Dr. Baker screwed somethings up on his end...Grace was Sami's kid, Mia's kid died and the Ejole baby is being taken care of by Rolf. LOL! If he can bring John Black back from the dead, he can have a pre-term baby in his lab.
It makes no sense for one reason, I'll bet you even money that Rafe is with Sami until she gets that call from Cleveland. Doesn't this make more sense. Remember Stefano he said to put a tap on all the phones, the day after the baby went missing, or maybe it was that day.

So who's phone would he tap..... EJ's, Sami's, & Brady's. And who does she get a hold of and talks to, Brady who encourages her to turn herself in, Stefano doesn't want this. If you've been paying attention, which I'm sure you all have, he doesn't want Sami mothering that child. And since he knows his son is obsessed with Sami, EJ near her seems out of the question too.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

kitkat
Dec 1 2009, 03:54 AM
Queen_Christine
kitkat
Ellie

BUT...

I think the SOD article says it all, EJ is using her pain as a jumping of point for a relationship. And the day they went to the gravesite, first EJ did not know she was back with Rafe and second the kiss on the cheek at her place was a little forward. Thank goodness it wasn't in the script.

Things since then have changed. He knows she is with Rafe, sadly he doesn't seem to care. EJ, EJ, EJ, second verse same as the first. The man has not change he's still selfish and puts his desires above all others.
What's really sad is that we're still discussing the lame argument that EJ acted inappropriately in those moments. He's not using her pain - it's a pain they share. Together. Because it's their baby that is missing.

But speaking of inappropriate behavior, my husband just happened to be watching the episode with me this morning while I was getting ready for the day and when Rafe came strolling into the DiMansion rumpus room he asked if 'that guy just goes walking in to anybody's house?'. It was an interesting observation - and pretty darned true, come to think of it. And yet EJ didn't say a word, wasn't rude or nasty - was quite civil, in fact. How appropriate. ;)
Edited by SocRMum1, Dec 1 2009, 10:33 AM.

six
Member Avatar

kitkat
Nov 30 2009, 09:10 PM
daisy132
Nov 30 2009, 07:49 PM
I think that Rafe has plenty of reasons to be insecure about EJ, and by the looks of it, the writers are moving them closer together. Ejami is going to happen in one way or another, and IMO, it has begun. And not a moment too soon.... :sleep:
The part I bolded I agree with but not because EJAMI is beginning, it's because of EJ. Rafe tries to act cavalier about the whole thing. He is long suffering but he is not dim witted, despite some haters beliefs. He sees EJ and knows he might try to take Sami as his own, but Rafe will fight for the woman he loves. Trade places in your mind, imagine EJ is Rafe and Rafe is EJ. EJ comes in and Sami (his girl in this scenero) is sitting with Rafe and he's acting the way EJ was, would the EJAMI supporters be okay with that?

And Vivian, I can't wait to see her tomorrow, and Victor calling Philip her son, yummy yummy!
I can't stand Rafe, but it would make perfect sense for him to connect with Sami if it was his child who was missing. It's distasteful that Rafe is trying to interfere with something that is healthy and normal.

Rafe being the kidnapper would give him more layers, but I agree with those who don't think it could be pulled off. I just hope the kidnapper is actually surprising and is someone tied to the canvas, and doesn't end up like the Claire kidnapping story awhile back, where it was just some random woman who took her.

Queen_Christine
Member Avatar

kitkat
Queen_Christine
kitkat
Ellie

BUT...

Not sure what point you were making with "And the day they went to the gravesite, first EJ did not know she was back with Rafe..."

That is MY whole point. EJ did NOT know Safe was back together but Sami sure as hell DID. And being back with Rafe didn't stop her from holding EJ's hand, laying her head on his chest, or smiling as he stroked her cheek. That was ALL Sami not EJ.

And FYI the SOD articles says that bonding over Sydney rekindles their bond. The article clearly states that EJ hopes for a reconciliation AFTER he consoles her at the police station - "Sami and Rafe rush to the station when they learn about the break in the case, but Sami crumbles when the efforts to find Nicole are not successful. EJ and Rafe console her, and EJ begins hoping for a reconciliation with Sami once they find Sydney."

Nowhere does it say that EJ uses her pain as a jumping point. It is saying their JOINT pain rekindles his feeling for her. Nowhere does it say he is using her pain or forcing himself on her.

My whole point was that EJ was GENUINELY consoling Sami and the DiMansion. JUST LIKE Sami was GENUINELY consoling EJ at the gravesite.

StephanieYates
Member Avatar

what about the landlord lady??
doesnt she confront Nicole tomorrow with a newspaper article with Nicoles and Sydneys picture??

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Queen_Christine
Dec 1 2009, 03:07 PM
kitkat
Queen_Christine
kitkat

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepSOW:Sydney Is Kidnapped!

Sami and Rafe rush to the station when they learn about the break in the case, but Sami crumbles when the efforts to find Nicole are not successful. EJ and Rafe console her

BUT...

Not sure what point you were making with "And the day they went to the gravesite, first EJ did not know she was back with Rafe..."

That is MY whole point. EJ did NOT know Safe was back together but Sami sure as hell DID. And being back with Rafe didn't stop her from holding EJ's hand, laying her head on his chest, or smiling as he stroked her cheek. That was ALL Sami not EJ.

And FYI the SOD articles says that bonding over Sydney rekindles their bond. The article clearly states that EJ hopes for a reconciliation AFTER he consoles her at the police station - "Sami and Rafe rush to the station when they learn about the break in the case, but Sami crumbles when the efforts to find Nicole are not successful. EJ and Rafe console her, and EJ begins hoping for a reconciliation with Sami once they find Sydney."

Nowhere does it say that EJ uses her pain as a jumping point. It is saying their JOINT pain rekindles his feeling for her. Nowhere does it say he is using her pain or forcing himself on her.

My whole point was that EJ was GENUINELY consoling Sami and the DiMansion. JUST LIKE Sami was GENUINELY consoling EJ at the gravesite.
This post is made of awesome! :hail:

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I love this post. Sheesh...I hope this is the kind of stuff Ejami gets made of. :cheer: Anything that brings them closer together and away from the :sleep: sounds good to me. For some reason though, I don't think Stephano has anything to do with this. I heard it is a woman. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply