Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Philip and Melanie - Love?; December 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Nov 25 2009, 08:20 PM (4,535 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Molly Burnett.

Melanie tells Nathan that she kissed Philip, but she tells Nathan that he's who she really wants. Burnett says that Melanie is trying to convince Nathan and trying to convince herself. "If Philip weren't in the picture, she'd be happy and that wouldn't be a problem." Burnett continues that Nathan asks Melanie if what happened between Melanie and Philip will happen again. Melanie says no, it won't. As Burnett explains, "She says, 'No,' so he says, 'Good,' and he kisses her. It's super-romantic and great."

Meanwhile, Stephanie tells Nathan that she's right for him. Nathan nicely tells her no, but Vivian then tries to "meddle" as SOD puts it by talking to Philip about Kate. Philip goes to the Cheatin' Heart for a drink, and he runs into Melanie there. Burnett explains that Melanie is helping Philip "with his mom problems", and that "whenever Philip shows some vulnerability, Melanie just melts."

Melanie and Philip almost kiss, but then Nathan comes in. Nathan tells Melanie it's over between them, and Philip tells Melanie he loves her. Burnett says, "... it's a whirlwind of emotions", because Melanie wanted to be with Philip, but now that Melanie's with someone else, Philip finally wants her.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ick!

Thanks Ellie

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

YAYYYYY!!! I LOVE IT!

Sorry, but Burnett & JKJ just sizzle!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm on Team Nathan! I like the chem between MB and MH, so I think they make a cute couple..doc and nurse working in the hospital!

Stop putting Phil in this SL, leave Mel alone Phil!

And please dont tell me DAYS brought Viv back to meddle in young peeps relationships?? PLEASE!! Whats next, shes going to try and fix Will and Mia?

I do want Phil and Viv interaction...but more on the family front or maybe they have business?

Thanks for posting!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

I'm so torn. I like Nathan and Hapka so much. But I love JKJ and McDimples. Darn why can't Melanie have both of them and that witch Stephanie none? That was make me so happy. LOL

I do think JKJ and MB have more organic chemistry than MB and MH but they are so sweet together.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I like it all ... I just hope this doesn't mean Nathan will go running into Stephanie's arms .. she should be alone. :p
And I thought Nathan said he would fight for Melanie? tsk, tsk ... gave up too easily man!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I like Melanie with Nathan. However, if Melanie is Carly's daughter it would make sense that Days puts her with Phillip for the time being. That would create all kinds of conflict between Carly and Victor and Vivian would be involved too.

daisy132

I like her with both, but Nathan is more age-appropriate. I love her with Phillip too butI just don't see it last if they actually get together. Melanie is bearly out of the teen bracket.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am on Team Melanie and Philip all the way, I just can't stand Stephanie. She is more boring than Rafe.

kitkat
Member Avatar

I think that summarizes Philip and Melanie to a T. Philip wants Mel because he can't have her.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

The Phil-Mel stuff sounds fun to me. They're starting to hook me in on this. I wish they would develop the character of Nathan more besides being SuperDoctor though because it seems like Mark Hapka could be capable of bringing way more than that to the table and it's just hard for me to root for him one way or another or feel bad for him losing Mel when I feel like I know nothing about him. Dear TPTB, is it so hard to take just a LITTLE bit of time to develop a character before shoving them in some romantic triangle, quad or whatever?

Also, yay for Vivian being involved with this. I'm for anything that gets more Viv on my screen and it's not like this is the first time she's gotten mixed up with some younger folks. Didn't she wind up somehow entangled in Lucas and Sami's schemes back in the day?

Mason
Member Avatar

Ridiculous.

And if Vivian has to meddle here, I would much prefer her to be telling Philip to find a woman his own age.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 25 2009, 11:08 PM
Ridiculous.

And if Vivian has to meddle here, I would much prefer her to be telling Philip to find a woman his own age.
ITA! If theyre bringing in Fay, why dont they bring in Taylor, Nicole's younger sister! She would be a good fit for Phil and they can give her a career....anything!

I'm starting to like Mel, but no way will I like her with Phil.

Viv playing in the kiddie pool too? Really, first Carly and her lost kid, now Viv giving kids advice, on top of the baby switch, with kids?? Shit, it this a soap, or daycare?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Taylor since Nicole is such a major player in the show now. It would work too since if memory serves me, Taylor was a nurse.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Mason
Nov 25 2009, 11:08 PM
Ridiculous.

ITA.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Nov 25 2009, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Taylor since Nicole is such a major player in the show now. It would work too since if memory serves me, Taylor was a nurse.
I didnt know she was studying to be a nurse? I thought Kate hired her to be Lucas' physical therapist/ caretaker? (Its been so long ago.)

Either way, I would like Taylor back because she always cried about Nicole being the pretty one who everyone wanted and she was the ugly duckling.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I don't remember exactly what she was, I remember her being in a medical uniform in a hospital setting assisting a dr. I do know that Brandon (their brother) was a Physical Tx.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds great!

soapfan0

YAY to Melanie and Philip! Phelanie fan all the way!

This is actually more realistic than the other pairings on the show. Philip tells Melanie that he loves her after a FULL YEAR of knowing her. Which is actually slow build. Something that DAYS is missing these days. Now on the show, pairings tell each other that they love each other after like a month.

Fans are pulling for these two precisely because Melanie NEVER tried to change Philip. She accepts him for who he is. Unlike Stephanie.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Total word soapfan. And I like that it goes both ways- Philip doesn't try to change Melanie either. Neither one expects the other to be something they're not. And to top it all off, their chemistry is electric! I actually kind of like Nathan/Melanie too, but quite frankly, I think he has more chemistry with Stephanie, which is shocking since I'd never seen Stephanie have it with any leading man before now.

But I concur- Phelanie all the way!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply