Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Philip and Melanie - Love?; December 8th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Nov 25 2009, 08:20 PM (4,569 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

To answer SOD's title question: No.

But thanks for posting, Ellie!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Very happy with this and it makes perfect sense. I just wonder if Corday was out of loop as usual because he said Phillip/Stephanie and Melanie/Nathan are the rooting couples, but so far it looks like Phillip/Steph had a clean break and she is fully focused on Nathan now. So I wonder if after year+ chemistry testing the writers finally decided to give Philip/Mel a real chance, especially when Steph/Nathan took off surprisingly good as well and there is definitely a lot to explore.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Nov 26 2009, 12:14 PM
Very happy with this and it makes perfect sense. I just wonder if Corday was out of loop as usual because he said Phillip/Stephanie and Melanie/Nathan are the rooting couples, but so far it looks like Phillip/Steph had a clean break and she is fully focused on Nathan now. So I wonder if after year+ chemistry testing the writers finally decided to give Philip/Mel a real chance, especially when Steph/Nathan took off surprisingly good as well and there is definitely a lot to explore.
I figured he was, although he would be that moronic to give away the outcome of the story LOL.

I honestly don't think the writers know the endgame yet, though. I think they have it planned to go either way and that is a good thing. I think they are treating it like they did last Fall with Lucas/Chloe/Daniel. Chloe and Daniel were not written at the beginning to be long-term. It seemed like as soon as they started getting a favorable response that the writing changed to them being "destined lovers" and they became the rooting interest. I think we could be seeing signs of the same thing happened here. They may be changing gears to Steph/Nathan and Philip/Melanie knowing full well that Philip/Steph and Melanie/Nathan have fans too in case they ever have to go back in that direction.

I like this though. They are just letting things naturally fall into place and then they will see what seems like the best route to go for the show. That is what I like about this show the past year or so. They set things up so wonderfully and they plan long-term but also keep themselves open to going in another direction. That's the best way to do it.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Egads - will Philip never be free of dating teenagers? Now he's in LOVE with Melanie? Wasn't he just in love with Stephanie like yesterday?

As Paxton once said, Phelanie "in love" is the lamest lame that ever lamed.

JKJ deserves so much better than to be MB's prop in a triangle.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

GROSS,Find a woman who is able to drink and closer to your age Phillip.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bradyclan

Yuck. Soemone save Philip form the college girls!!!

And I'm not to keen about Nathan either. He's kinda boring. Bring back , Nick!! ( the only guy , I liked Mel with)

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks.sorry I like both characters,but I do not buy these two

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

juniorz1
Nov 25 2009, 08:31 PM
YAYYYYY!!! I LOVE IT!

Sorry, but Burnett & JKJ just sizzle!
That they do!

I have little to no faith in the writers to tell a romantic story romantically.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Sariah
Nov 26 2009, 11:38 PM
Egads - will Philip never be free of dating teenagers? Now he's in LOVE with Melanie? Wasn't he just in love with Stephanie like yesterday?

As Paxton once said, Phelanie "in love" is the lamest lame that ever lamed.

JKJ deserves so much better than to be MB's prop in a triangle.
Molly Burnett needs no propping. DAYS is lucky to have her.

No one can predict when two actors are going to have chemistry. It's unplanned and it just happens.

JKJ/MB have it and the writers should capitilize on it.

This is Salem. Give Melanie several birthdays overnight.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. Brady's now older than Sami and he and Belle aged ten years overnight.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, maybe they're hoping Melanie/Philip will be the next Jack/Jennifer. My inner jury is still out on these two. Melanie is just too perky for me. Well, Jennifer was perky, too, so who knows? I would rather see Philip play with the big boys (and girls!). I don't think Molly Burnett is quite ready for that. Her spunk comes across as too teenybopper with very little maturity. Now, if they show her saving a life (never mind the funeral home stuff and working with Nathan to save Chloe) in a MATURE manner rather than a BettyBoop manner, I might change my mind. I think I'd like her better, too, if I didn't see so many pictures of her at the Day of Days trying to be a gum model. (Gums as in the gums of your mouth). She just seems too forced and her "bubbliness" seems too "Hey, look at me! Aren't I cute, perk, and bubbly?"
YMMV
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 29 2009, 07:29 AM.

dorothyg
Member Avatar

I love Melanie with Nathan....he knows she's no saint but he's still willing to be with her. They are also more each others age and if tptb could just make this a romantic s/l between the two of them. :smooch: Phillip can find someone else...he's handsome and rich....he could even play the field for a while, but please no Stephanie. :eyeroll:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 29 2009, 07:28 AM
Well, maybe they're hoping Melanie/Philip will be the next Jack/Jennifer. My inner jury is still out on these two. Melanie is just too perky for me. Well, Jennifer was perky, too, so who knows? I would rather see Philip play with the big boys (and girls!). I don't think Molly Burnett is quite ready for that. Her spunk comes across as too teenybopper with very little maturity. Now, if they show her saving a life (never mind the funeral home stuff and working with Nathan to save Chloe) in a MATURE manner rather than a BettyBoop manner, I might change my mind. I think I'd like her better, too, if I didn't see so many pictures of her at the Day of Days trying to be a gum model. (Gums as in the gums of your mouth). She just seems too forced and her "bubbliness" seems too "Hey, look at me! Aren't I cute, perk, and bubbly?"
YMMV
Cuz she is cute and bubbly, that's why I like her.

She also had Phil's back when she helped him find Stephanie and risked her life to do it. She hasn't judged Phil nor asked him to change and Phil doesn't want her to change, either. He's not trying to be her daddy or her big brother because he doesn't think she needs guidance. They accept each other for who they are not who they want them to be.

Which is why Stephanie and Nathan are perfect. They're the people they're trying to get Phil and Melanie to change into.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

dorothyg
Dec 6 2009, 08:27 PM
I love Melanie with Nathan....he knows she's no saint but he's still willing to be with her. They are also more each others age and if tptb could just make this a romantic s/l between the two of them. :smooch: Phillip can find someone else...he's handsome and rich....he could even play the field for a while, but please no Stephanie. :eyeroll:
Melanie and Nathan have a nice connection. Between her and Phillip, it seems to be all about jumping eachother's bones.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

SpriteEyes
Dec 11 2009, 09:53 AM
ladyofthelake
YMMV

She also had Phil's back when she helped him find Stephanie and risked her life to do it. She hasn't judged Phil nor asked him to change and Phil doesn't want her to change, either. He's not trying to be her daddy or her big brother because he doesn't think she needs guidance. They accept each other for who they are not who they want them to be.

Which is why Stephanie and Nathan are perfect. They're the people they're trying to get Phil and Melanie to change into.
If he wants cute and bubbly, maybe he should adopt a puppy? :D

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 12 2009, 05:22 PM
SpriteEyes
Dec 11 2009, 09:53 AM
ladyofthelake
YMMV

If he wants cute and bubbly, maybe he should adopt a puppy? :D
Cuz it would just go the way of Pookie and various children rarely seen and I want Phil and Mel on more often.

pixiedust

Cute and bubbly is ok. Cute,bubbly AND talking in a baby voice kind of makes it hard to take her seriously in what are supposed to be serious scenes. I like her in every other scene though!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply