Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan to be on 'Amazing Race'!
Topic Started: Nov 28 2009, 07:53 PM (1,764 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Saw these on twitter:

http://twitpic.com/rcbau

Another couple:

http://twitpic.com/rd3ac
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

OMG. These two nit-wits don't have a chance in hell of winning this, LoL. Still love 'em though.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh wow! NICE! But I agree with Kenny

Kenny
Member Avatar

Big Brother 11's Jeff & Jordan on Amazing Race
Popular Reality TV Couple Takes on Another CBS Reality Show in 2010

Big Brother 11 winner Jordan Lloyd and her fan favorite boyfriend Jeff Schroeder are set to compete on season 16 of The Amazing Race, set to debut in early 2010.

The next edition of CBS’s wildly popular reality show The Amazing Race began in Los Angeles on November 28, 2009. Excited fans at LAX quickly noticed two familiar faces among the new teams: Big Brother 11 fan favorite Jeff Schroeder and his girlfriend, Big Brother 11 champion Jordan Lloyd.

Schroeder and Lloyd, who met in the Big Brother House, began a flirtatious friendship and remained allies during the game. The couple became so popular with fans that Schroeder won a $25,000 ‘American’s Favorite Juror’ prize, and Lloyd won ‘America’s Vote’, which helped her to ultimately win the game. On October 20, 2009, Schroeder and Lloyd officially confirmed to People Magazine that they were dating. On October 27, 2009, they made a guest appearance on CBS’s The Bold and The Beautiful.

Fans had been speculating since the finale of Big Brother 11 that the pair may be invited to compete on The Amazing Race. After all, this is not the first time that CBS has allowed and encouraged crossovers among its popular reality shows. On the Amazing Race 5, Big Brother 4 runner-up Alison Irwin competed with her then-boyfriend Donny Patrick. On the Amazing Race 7, Survivor: All-Stars winner and runner-up Amber Brkich and fiancé Rob Mariano finished in second place, and were invited back for the Amazing Race: All-Stars Edition.

Prior to the photo confirmation at LAX, there was significant peripheral evidence pointing to Schroeder and Lloyd’s participation in the upcoming Amazing Race. In previous interviews, Schroeder had hinted that he and Lloyd were preparing for a “long vacation” and had something big planned in the future. Schroeder had also been absent from his Twitter account since November 22nd, which fit with the speculated filming dates for the Race.

Overall, the pair should provide for more than a few memorable moments on the Race. Lloyd is a small-town southern girl who may not be accustomed to high-stress travel and mingling with other cultures. Schroeder is well-remembered for his poor spelling and pronunciation of words such as ‘Technotronics’ and ‘Coup d’Etat.’ It should be amusing seeing the pair try to pronounce foreign words and communicate with those who don’t speak English as they try to navigate around the world.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I think it would be funny if you were standing in the middle of the airport and saw the Amazing Race teams come running in.

Mason

Can you say OVEREXPOSED?

It's never going to end, is it?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 28 2009, 08:17 PM
Can you say OVEREXPOSED?

It's never going to end, is it?
When you're hot, you're hot! :P

CBS discovered an unexpected reality goldmine in Jeff and Jordan.

Mason

Kenny
Nov 28 2009, 08:19 PM
CBS discovered an unexpected reality goldmine in Jeff and Jordan.
Highly overrated.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Not really. I don't think they were masters of the game by any means but at least they were likeable.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

They are extremely likable. I have never watched Amazing Race, but this time around I will. I imagine I won't be the only one in that scenario, so this could potentially be huge for this show

angmc
Member Avatar

Awww...I hate these stunts. Were these two evil or stupid?

Kenny
Member Avatar

angmc
Nov 28 2009, 09:25 PM
Were these two evil or stupid?
Likable for the most part, but incredibly naive and stupid. Especially Jordan. She did manage to win BB11 though.

angmc
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 28 2009, 09:27 PM
angmc
Likable for the most part, but incredibly naive and stupid. Especially Jordan.
If they're likeable then that could be fun to watch. :popcorn: I can't wait to hear them butchering some of the cities/countries they will be visiting. :laugh:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Member Avatar

angmc
Nov 28 2009, 09:31 PM
Kenny
angmc
If they're likeable then that could be fun to watch. :popcorn: I can't wait to hear them butchering some of the cities/countries they will be visiting. :laugh:
LoL, prepare for Jeff to butcher the French language. He won a special power on Big Brother last season called the Coup D'etat and his stupid ass pronounced it "Coop Dee Tot," LoL.

Mason

I hope the stress of TAR causes them to break up, and they both fade into obscurity. :)

angmc
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 28 2009, 09:34 PM
angmc
Nov 28 2009, 09:31 PM
Kenny
angmc
LoL, prepare for Jeff to butcher the French language. He won a special power on Big Brother last season called the Coup D'etat and his stupid ass pronounced it "Coop Dee Tot," LoL.
Well there was one genius this season who didn't know what a candelabra was...so he proceeded to ask people "Are you a candle-a-bra?" :shame: I can't imagine they could be much worse.

Kenny
Member Avatar

angmc
Nov 28 2009, 09:49 PM
Well there was one genius this season who didn't know what a candelabra was...so he proceeded to ask people "Are you a candle-a-bra?" :shame: I can't imagine they could be much worse.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I actually don't think they're overexposed. This doesn't really bother me. I wish they'd done it more often. I always hated that Janelle never did TAR.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I haven't watched TAR for a few seasons but I think I'll have to check this out.

Is it weird that I love that Jeff and Jordan got on TAR if only because it will piss off/depress a ton of other super obnoxious BB contestants who would always go on and on about how much they wanted to go on TAR after BB and it didn't happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply