Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Ugly Betty' moving to Wednesdays
Topic Started: Dec 1 2009, 10:12 PM (492 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

See ya: 'Ugly Betty' moving to Wednesdays
by Andy Patrick

Since Ugly Betty got its groove back this season, only one thingís been holding it back: that godawful Friday time slot! But thankfully, that problem will soon be solved. Sources confirm for me that the showís moving to Wednesdays at 10 pm/ET, most likely when it returns from its holiday hiatus in January.
If you donít think itís good news that Betty is joining what will soon be ABCís all-comedy night (even though the network isnít confirming the schedule change yet), trust me, or trust Mike, who has to be among its biggest cheerleaders, you havenít seen it lately. Itís great!
So what do you think? Will more viewers check out and/or return to the series when it escapes from its Friday purgatory and joins the Wednesday laffers? And if not, how sucktacular will that be?

source: ew.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I'm glad this is happening, but I do wonder if they can win viewers back or if ABC will promote it. They have the chance to have a very solid lineup with The Middle/Modern Family/Cougar Town/Ugly Betty if they do it right. They just need a good show to lead off the night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Friday didn't kill the show. It's ratings on Thursday were strong enough to build on another night. It did better and was most consistant than FlashFoward which will probably be canceled.

sungrey

They have a chance to be a solid second in that time period. They're not going to beat CSI NY, nor should they harbor any thoughts of it. But if they can outperform Leno things might be OK.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

If ABC is moving it then they really are trying to save it. If they really wanted it gone, they would have left it alone on Friday, right?

angmc
Member Avatar

R!ck
Dec 2 2009, 01:11 AM
If ABC is moving it then they really are trying to save it. If they really wanted it gone, they would have left it alone on Friday, right?
Absolutely. If they had no faith in the show they would have canceled it. I'm glad they didn't! :cheer:

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Yay!!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I just got back into the show. I have really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Glad it's getting moved to Wednesdays.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kevc1980
Dec 5 2009, 04:44 PM
I just got back into the show. I have really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Glad it's getting moved to Wednesdays.
Ditto!.....Last night's episode was amazing.....especially that scene of Connor emerging from the ocean!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Friday's episode was amazing.. OMG... Loving Betty/Matt even more now..

angmc
Member Avatar

I've always enjoyed the show...except for Betty's romances. I have found that to be the least appealing part of the whole show except for when she was getting close to Gio , the sandwich guy. I liked their chemistry and I liked the actor but all the other love interests for Betty bore me.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

angmc
Dec 6 2009, 01:55 PM
I've always enjoyed the show...except for Betty's romances. I have found that to be the least appealing part of the whole show except for when she was getting close to Gio , the sandwich guy. I liked their chemistry and I liked the actor but all the other love interests for Betty bore me.
I agree. Henry got old fast....and Matt is just "meh." Gio was the best thus far.

angmc
Member Avatar

Nubia
Dec 6 2009, 03:44 PM
angmc
Dec 6 2009, 01:55 PM
I agree. Henry got old fast....and Matt is just "meh." Gio was the best thus far.
Matt is totally "meh"! We're supposed to really believe that Amanda fell for him? :sleep:
Edited by angmc, Dec 6 2009, 04:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply