Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of December 14th; *UPDATED 12/12*
Topic Started: Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM (25,837 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

magicsteacher
Dec 13 2009, 03:16 PM
Maybe it's a double twist. Could it be that Tony is really alive? Anna was contacted by EJ to help him out to get back at Stefano, but Tony and Anna have a plot of their own---- to get back at EJ and Stefano by means of the kidnapping.
That could be interesting. I love Thaao and Tanna so I would be even more thrilled than I already am having Leann back if they brought Tony back and have them working on this together.

Whatever comes of this Sydnapping drama I want there to be something else for Anna that keeps her on my screen as long as possible. One off the wall idea I had as a possibility would be if it came out that Chad was secretly Tony and Anna's child. (The one that Anna lost because of the boat explosion, which they could explain had secretly lived and Stefano had hidden the child away to punish Tony).

Yeah, the timelines would be all kinds of screwy, especially with EJ being older than this Tanna child and Tony supposedly having been on that island all these years and maybe it'd be a little redundant with the whole secret Carly spawn story happening at the same time, but dammit I want a Tanna child, I want more DiMeras and if Chad was that child it would give us the first DiMera we've ever gotten to see grow up as a teenager and we wouldn't even have to add to Stefano's litter tally to do it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't want Tony back because I know they won't use him unless they just make him Andre again. That is all they ever seem to do. The real Tony can't be the next Stefano and that has always been the thing that seems to hinder him with TPTB. That is why they keep going back to the Andre route. It's easy to write for the villain, especially if he is a psycho. Tony has always been complex and grey and that doesn't seem to interest TPTB of the past decade or so.

I think Anna has more of a chance at story without Thaoo returning. The one thing that kept going through my mind the past two days was what if they make her Mia's mother somehow? We keep hearing more and more mentions of her and she does resemble Anna.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Dec 13 2009, 05:34 PM
I don't want Tony back because I know they won't use him unless they just make him Andre again. That is all they ever seem to do. The real Tony can't be the next Stefano and that has always been the thing that seems to hinder him with TPTB. That is why they keep going back to the Andre route. It's easy to write for the villain, especially if he is a psycho. Tony has always been complex and grey and that doesn't seem to interest TPTB of the past decade or so.

I think Anna has more of a chance at story without Thaoo returning. The one thing that kept going through my mind the past two days was what if they make her Mia's mother somehow? We keep hearing more and more mentions of her and she does resemble Anna.
That would be pretty crazy. I don't see how Leann Hunley and Taylor Spreitler look all that much alike though other than the blonde hair.

If you go by facial structure, and mannerisms and just their characters then IMO Anna's daughter should be Melanie. Before I even knew Leann Hunley was coming back I felt like Melanie at times reminded me of Anna DiMera.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

eta: Putting up a Taylor Spreitler wavy/curly hair pic for comparison as well. Sorry it's not a very good pic but I thought she looked even less like LH in this pic when she had straight hair.
Edited by IMissAremid, Dec 13 2009, 05:51 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Dec 13 2009, 05:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 13 2009, 05:34 PM

That would be pretty crazy. I don't see how Leann Hunley and Taylor Spreitler look all that much alike though other than the blonde hair.

If you go by facial structure, and mannerisms and just their characters then IMO Anna's daughter should be Melanie. Before I even knew Leann Hunley was coming back I felt like Melanie at times reminded me of Anna DiMera.

Posted Image Posted Image
She certainly could pass for Anna's daughter.

I think there is enough resemblance to have Mia be her daughter but I agree it's not uncanny or anything. I think Mia reminds me of a young Carrie with how she whines all the time LOL.

This reminds me of when there were all those rumors of Morgan being Tony and Anna's daughter LOL.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Somehow I totally missed those Morgan as Tony and Anna's daughter rumors. I did used to hope that EJ could be Anna and Tony's son instead of Stefano's though. LOL.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

IMissAremid
Dec 13 2009, 05:18 PM
I consider myself a huge EJ fan, but I have no idea who or what "the real EJ" is supposed to be or even should be.

Even when people talk about this bringing him back to what he was on the first year of the show like PR is here, I wonder... are you talking about the race car driver EJ at the first part of his year on the show who was brought on by JER as a legitimate love interest for Sami and who was never intended to be the gloved hand (Jan Spears was) or are you talking about the OTT monster sociopath who got saddled with all the gloved hand baggage painstakingly torturing and messing with people he didn't even know (like Eve Michaels or Mimi and Phillip) just as a shortcut for Hogan to wrap up that story quickly or are you talking about the EJ who was a badass business executive working with Kate at Mythic Communications or the EJ who was a DiMera soldier torturing Steve with a tarot card to get Daddy a kidney and following orders to implant his seed in Sami as Hogan wreaked his havoc trying to implement his version of Marlena vs. Stefano II? I mean what exactly is it you want the show to get back to?

I think it's a waste to make EJ sooooo bad and sooo dark that he can't have any romance when he's played by arguably one of the most desirable male actors, if not the most desirable male actor, on the show (my own biases aside... what I'm more going by is his popularity at things like Soap Hunks) and it's messed up IMO to take him in such a dark direction like he was as the DiMera soldier sociopath after the show has given him these two small children with the woman who the show insists is its main heroine now.

That said, I can deal with him conspiring with Anna to kidnap Sydney from Nicole, if that is what is going on. I don't think him simply working with her to get back at all the people who lied to him/took his kid from him/manipulated him over the last year (while not putting Sydney in danger) necessarily takes him back to whatever he was in 2006-early 07. Is it mean and underhanded? Probably. But unconscionable? Meh. I don't think so. On the scale of EJ's past misdeeds I put it maybe one notch worse than lying to Sami about the immigration deal but nowhere near his crimes of 2006-07. Certainly Nicole and Stefano both deserve this to happen to them. And as for Sami and Rafe... well... they sort of suffered once in this at Nicole's hands by grieving over Grace when that wasn't Sami's biological child but it's not like they faced any real consequences for attempting to let Rafe illegally adopt the kid they thought was EJ's. AND Sami's big goal to keep the pregnancy a secret from EJ in the first place was so that Stefano wouldn't have any access to the child. Sami was supposedly so gung ho about that she was willing to dump the baby off with strangers at the nunnery just so Stefano would not be able to see her. Well, if EJ has arranged for the child to be kept away and cared for by Anna in secret then he's done a better job than Sami at achieving that goal. And as for him possibly getting closer to Sami at the same time he's lying to her about Sydney... well... it's not like everyone else in this sordid drama besides EJ hasn't already used this poor child as a pawn to punish someone or bond themselves to someone else so the way I see it, it's really just EJ's turn. That is, if that is even how it plays out, which at this point I have no idea if it will given all the twists and turns that have surprised me to this point.

I will be pissed though if the show tries to present EJ as some big evil just because he bought the drug business from Victor and apparently is Salem's big drug kingpin now. My own personal rather libertarian views on drugs aside, it just won't make any sense at all if EJ spends a second in jail for being the drug lord when Arianna and Brady had straight up proof Victor had been involved in drug trafficking and never reported it to the cops.
:hail: :hail: :hail: Couldn't have said this any better myself!

cassie1013

Wouldn't it be insane if Marlena was working with Anna? I don't think it's possible - Hall is too big of a star to keep under wraps - but that would be CRAZY!

cassie1013

IMissAremid
I consider myself a huge EJ fan, but I have no idea who or what "the real EJ" is supposed to be or even should be.

Even when people talk about this bringing him back to what he was on the first year of the show like PR is here, I wonder... are you talking about the race car driver EJ at the first part of his year on the show who was brought on by JER as a legitimate love interest for Sami and who was never intended to be the gloved hand (Jan Spears was) or are you talking about the OTT monster sociopath who got saddled with all the gloved hand baggage painstakingly torturing and messing with people he didn't even know (like Eve Michaels or Mimi and Phillip) just as a shortcut for Hogan to wrap up that story quickly or are you talking about the EJ who was a badass business executive working with Kate at Mythic Communications or the EJ who was a DiMera soldier torturing Steve with a tarot card to get Daddy a kidney and following orders to implant his seed in Sami as Hogan wreaked his havoc trying to implement his version of Marlena vs. Stefano II? I mean what exactly is it you want the show to get back to?

I think it's a waste to make EJ sooooo bad and sooo dark that he can't have any romance when he's played by arguably one of the most desirable male actors, if not the most desirable male actor, on the show (my own biases aside... what I'm more going by is his popularity at things like Soap Hunks) and it's messed up IMO to take him in such a dark direction like he was as the DiMera soldier sociopath after the show has given him these two small children with the woman who the show insists is its main heroine now.

That said, I can deal with him conspiring with Anna to kidnap Sydney from Nicole, if that is what is going on. I don't think him simply working with her to get back at all the people who lied to him/took his kid from him/manipulated him over the last year (while not putting Sydney in danger) necessarily takes him back to whatever he was in 2006-early 07. Is it mean and underhanded? Probably. But unconscionable? Meh. I don't think so. On the scale of EJ's past misdeeds I put it maybe one notch worse than lying to Sami about the immigration deal but nowhere near his crimes of 2006-07. Certainly Nicole and Stefano both deserve this to happen to them. And as for Sami and Rafe... well... they sort of suffered once in this at Nicole's hands by grieving over Grace when that wasn't Sami's biological child but it's not like they faced any real consequences for attempting to let Rafe illegally adopt the kid they thought was EJ's. AND Sami's big goal to keep the pregnancy a secret from EJ in the first place was so that Stefano wouldn't have any access to the child. Sami was supposedly so gung ho about that she was willing to dump the baby off with strangers at the nunnery just so Stefano would not be able to see her. Well, if EJ has arranged for the child to be kept away and cared for by Anna in secret then he's done a better job than Sami at achieving that goal. And as for him possibly getting closer to Sami at the same time he's lying to her about Sydney... well... it's not like everyone else in this sordid drama besides EJ hasn't already used this poor child as a pawn to punish someone or bond themselves to someone else so the way I see it, it's really just EJ's turn. That is, if that is even how it plays out, which at this point I have no idea if it will given all the twists and turns that have surprised me to this point.

I will be pissed though if the show tries to present EJ as some big evil just because he bought the drug business from Victor and apparently is Salem's big drug kingpin now. My own personal rather libertarian views on drugs aside, it just won't make any sense at all if EJ spends a second in jail for being the drug lord when Arianna and Brady had straight up proof Victor had been involved in drug trafficking and never reported it to the cops.
But why can't EJ be bad with a bad love interest? We all seem to love this idea of a 'bad ass' super couple that schemes together, but in theory, it never works because the writers always have it that the couple starts lying to each other...than poof.

IMO, big missed opportunity. Two people can be bad...together. And by bad, I mean gray. I agree, you can't have people become complete villains or else they become unlikable.

six
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 13 2009, 06:51 PM
IMissAremid

But why can't EJ be bad with a bad love interest? We all seem to love this idea of a 'bad ass' super couple that schemes together, but in theory, it never works because the writers always have it that the couple starts lying to each other...than poof.

IMO, big missed opportunity. Two people can be bad...together. And by bad, I mean gray. I agree, you can't have people become complete villains or else they become unlikable.
Awesome post, IMA.

Some fans seem to love it, but we must be in the minority, or something since Days won't let that sort of relationship last. Either one half of the couple goes "good" and gives an ultimatum to the other half to either buy their own ticket on the "Moral Express" or leave, or as you said, they turn their schemes on each other and ruin things.
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 07:16 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

cassie1013
IMissAremid

I agree with you in wanting two bad people to be good together (hence the Scarlett and Rhett pic in my sig ;) ). That is what I wanted for EJ and Sami in the beginning, before Hogan Sheffer gave the anti-Brady the Stepford lobotomy and the show shipped Belle off so everyone in Salem was required to kiss Sami's hypocritical ass as Salem's golden glitter girl, and that is what I would want for EJ and Sami if they could ever find a way to bring them back.

But what I'm talking about in not wanting them going in the super dark direction with EJ is mainly what Hogan Sheffer did with both EJ AND Phillip in the early part of 2007 where they both were written just so evil and misogynistic (I'm thinking how both of them treated Willow here, as much as their respective out-of-control obsessions with Sami and Belle) that they couldn't have a real romance with anyone.

six
Member Avatar

"before Hogan Sheffer gave the anti-Brady the Stepford lobotomy and the show shipped Belle off so everyone in Salem was required to kiss Sami's hypocritical ass as Salem's golden glitter girl, and that is what I would want for EJ and Sami if they could ever find a way to bring them back."

:roflol: :wub: This is just perfect.

Kali
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 10 2009, 04:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Dec 10 2009, 01:09 PM
IMissAremid
Dec 10 2009, 11:21 AM
cassie1013
Dec 10 2009, 01:59 AM
OMG! Maybe EJ didn't want to take the private jet because he had KATE using it! That would make perfect sense, because we all know that there's no way 'commercial' is faster than private. And that would also explain Kate's back and forth - being in Salem/being in Cleveland, so that no one else noticed she was 'gone'....HMMMM....
I don't dispute that it's possible that EJ has somehow arranged to get Sydney back from Nicole and isn't telling everyone but...

what is up with everyone making such a huge deal about EJ not wanting to take the Titan jet? He hates Brady and didn't want his help because he hates Brady. Whether he's shady or not, that's reason enough for him to not want to take the Titan jet. Also, let's remember, Rafe wanted to DRIVE there, which would have been even slower than taking commercial. And we all know SuperRafe ain't up to anything here.

I don't think the jet was met to signify anything but them all flying commercial together was just a plot point contrivance to get them all together in the funny scene on the plane.
Yeah but the Dimera's have a jet too? Why not use that?

I took Rafe's comments as sarcasm. Maybe it will be nothing more then a red herring but that seemed very suspicious and I don't think flying commercial was just to create an opportunity for a funny scene LOL. It all stuck out a bit too much. They could've gotten a similar scene just flying on the Dimera jet, if that was the case.

Exactly. If he didn't want to use the Titan jet, fine. He could take his own jet. Instead he insisted on commercial which is slower.

And I'm pretty positive Rafe was being sarcastic about driving. He said it after the whole jet/commercial scuffle, and was impyling that EJ's decision was slowing them down.
It's kind of sad that it needs to be pointed out that Rafe was being sarcastic.

I thought the whole Scooby gang thing, including flying commercial, was awkward and uncomfortable. I can't tell if it's intentional or just bad writing.

cassie1013

^ LOL yeah, I caught the sarcasm!

Oh back to my Kate kidnapping theory - totally forgot that Anna and Kate's kids ARE married...still a connection!

six
Member Avatar

I don't recall any sarcastic inflection in his tone, but will take people's word for it if most are sure.

If private vs. commercial was such a big thing, has it been explained why everyone else went with EJ's plan? Did the jet suddenly become unavailable or something? It's been awhile so I don't remember. If there really was a significant difference in the time that it'd take to reach Syd, I'd have taken Brady up on his offer, and started searching. If EJ didn't want to get on the Kiriakis Jet, then he could just get to Cleveland on his own, the best way he could. Since that didn't happen, I'd chalk it up to safe vs. EJ posturing over insignificant details, because otherwise it would be stupid of Sami to let anyone slow down her search for her baby.
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 08:30 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

six
Dec 13 2009, 08:29 PM
I don't recall any sarcastic inflection in his tone, but will take people's word for it if most are sure.

If private vs. commercial was such a big thing, has it been explained why everyone else went with EJ's plan? Did the jet suddenly become unavailable or something? It's been awhile so I don't remember. If there really was a significant difference in the time that it'd take to reach Syd, I'd have taken Brady up on his offer, and started searching. If EJ didn't want to get on the Kiriakis Jet, then he could just get to Cleveland on his own, the best way he could. Since that didn't happen, I'd chalk it up to safe vs. EJ posturing over insignificant details, because otherwise it would be stupid of Sami to let anyone slow down her search for her baby.
I never picked up on the sarcasm either. Maybe it was because I had read the prevuze account before the scene and they didn't mention the sarcasm (but just made a joke at his expense at the comment) so I didn't take it as sarcasm either.

Rewatching the scene in question (it starts at 7:45) for my own curiosity though...

I still am apparently too dense to pick up on the sarcasm.

Rafe complains about not getting to see the inside of a corporate jet and Sami says EJ thought flying commercial would go faster. Then Rafe in turn (without any change in the inflection of Rafe's voice that GG always uses that I can detect) claims that "he still thinks they would have made better time driving" then he follows it up with "...but EJ always knows best." I mean... obviously he is being sarcastic with the EJ always knows best bit, but still I never got it from the driving comment, especially after Sami's reaction about Rafe needing to lay off the testosterone with always trying to one-up EJ.

But different strokes I guess...

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^I agree. It didn't sound like he was being sarcastic to me either.

cassie1013

Who knows, lol. Time will tell!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

So, I'm picturing the writers saying "Hey, let's put in this line with Rafe saying it's faster to drive than fly and see if fans think he's stupid or sarcastic!"
Sorry. :P I'm just thinking they might be amazed there's so much discussion over one lil ole line that they probably just threw in.
Personally, I think it was sarcasm. I don't put much stock in Prevuze's interpretation of things. After all, their purpose is to snark just about everyone.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cassie1013

EJ can be bad/grey with a love interest...EJ and Nicole would be perfect. EJ and Nicole are kind of like EJ and Sami could have been until they royally fucked that up. EJ doesn't have to white wash who he is for Sami to accept him and Nicole is a tough chick who can actually put up with EJ and doesn't mind who he is. And EJ already knows that Nicole can match him in wit and cunning.

It's just like Stefano and Kate...they both know that each other is pretty rotten, and they can be pretty rotten with each other, but they also can handle each other.
I love bad love interests...so much more interesting than glittery love interests.

LOL at picking apart Rafe for being/not being sarcastic! Such a mean guy, ain't he! :P But hey, at least he is trying to find Sami's kid and not standing around pointing his finger in everyone's face! LOL!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Dec 13 2009, 09:23 PM
cassie1013

EJ can be bad/grey with a love interest...EJ and Nicole would be perfect. EJ and Nicole are kind of like EJ and Sami could have been until they royally fucked that up. EJ doesn't have to white wash who he is for Sami to accept him and Nicole is a tough chick who can actually put up with EJ and doesn't mind who he is. And EJ already knows that Nicole can match him in wit and cunning.

It's just like Stefano and Kate...they both know that each other is pretty rotten, and they can be pretty rotten with each other, but they also can handle each other.
I love bad love interests...so much more interesting than glittery love interests.

LOL at picking apart Rafe for being/not being sarcastic! Such a mean guy, ain't he! :P But hey, at least he is trying to find Sami's kid and not standing around pointing his finger in everyone's face! LOL!
This was what I was hoping for with EJ and Nicole. But, alas........
So we can live this vicariously through Kate and Stephano.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply