Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of December 14th; *UPDATED 12/12*
Topic Started: Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM (25,733 Views)
Kali
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 09:08 PM
So, I'm picturing the writers saying "Hey, let's put in this line with Rafe saying it's faster to drive than fly and see if fans think he's stupid or sarcastic!"
Sorry. :P I'm just thinking they might be amazed there's so much discussion over one lil ole line that they probably just threw in.
Personally, I think it was sarcasm. I don't put much stock in Prevuze's interpretation of things. After all, their purpose is to snark just about everyone.
I just meant that the delivery was so bad and monotone that the audience couldn't tell if it was supposed to be serious or sarcastic. Very, very sad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kali
Dec 13 2009, 09:29 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 09:08 PM
So, I'm picturing the writers saying "Hey, let's put in this line with Rafe saying it's faster to drive than fly and see if fans think he's stupid or sarcastic!"
Sorry. :P I'm just thinking they might be amazed there's so much discussion over one lil ole line that they probably just threw in.
Personally, I think it was sarcasm. I don't put much stock in Prevuze's interpretation of things. After all, their purpose is to snark just about everyone.
I just meant that the delivery was so bad and monotone that the audience couldn't tell if it was supposed to be serious or sarcastic. Very, very sad.
But it provoked SUCH a conversation and debate! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 13 2009, 09:23 PM
LOL at picking apart Rafe for being/not being sarcastic! Such a mean guy, ain't he! :P But hey, at least he is trying to find Sami's kid and not standing around pointing his finger in everyone's face! LOL!
Okay, I'm back to a "no" on the sarcasm, thanks to that video. Thanks, IMA. Now, it's entirely possible that the line was supposed to be sarcastic, but it didn't come through in the delivery.

On the quoted section, huh? I know you're being sarcastic calling Rafe mean (so I'm not incapable of detecting it lol), but the discussion of whether or not Rafe was serious about driving isn't a bash on him. It's exactly the same as us wondering whether EJ really thought commercial was better, or if there's more to it. B-)

I think Nicole has shown that she's not a match for EJ. While ejole could've been a dark partnership, that's not what it was. It was Nicole cowering when she got on EJ's bad side, and putting on a saccharine facade for him that he bought even when it didn't make sense. Even before the miscarriage, Nicole was stepping back and letting go of her true scheming, nasty, nature to create a happy little picture for EJ.
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 09:59 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Dec 13 2009, 09:23 PM
cassie1013
Dec 13 2009, 06:51 PM
But why can't EJ be bad with a bad love interest? We all seem to love this idea of a 'bad ass' super couple that schemes together, but in theory, it never works because the writers always have it that the couple starts lying to each other...than poof.

IMO, big missed opportunity. Two people can be bad...together. And by bad, I mean gray. I agree, you can't have people become complete villains or else they become unlikable.
EJ can be bad/grey with a love interest...EJ and Nicole would be perfect. EJ and Nicole are kind of like EJ and Sami could have been until they royally fucked that up. EJ doesn't have to white wash who he is for Sami to accept him and Nicole is a tough chick who can actually put up with EJ and doesn't mind who he is. And EJ already knows that Nicole can match him in wit and cunning.

It's just like Stefano and Kate...they both know that each other is pretty rotten, and they can be pretty rotten with each other, but they also can handle each other.
I love bad love interests...so much more interesting than glittery love interests.

LOL at picking apart Rafe for being/not being sarcastic! Such a mean guy, ain't he! :P But hey, at least he is trying to find Sami's kid and not standing around pointing his finger in everyone's face! LOL!
I honestly do see why many thought EJ and Nicole had great potential. But for me, they were ruined from the start because of how they started. Nicole entered in to the relationship knowing full well that EJ was head over heels in love with Sami. He told her so repeatedly - so it's not as though she was just unaware. Yet they moved forward when EJ very clearly settled for her after finding out she was pregnant and extending one last opportunity to Sami at the cabin to give him any indication there was hope for a future for them. And then to have Nicole proceed with all the lies and deceit just compounded the issue. Even at the point that she miscarried I do think TPTB had the opportunity to make EJole the rooting couple - if she had been honest with him and he had stood by her regardless. Had those things happened I know in my heart I would have lost all hope for EJami. But since it didn't play out that way and EJ was basically lied to, manipulated and made to look like such a doofus it ruined any chance I might have found to root for EJole.

I love the character of EJ and it was awful, for me, to watch him be sacrificed so completely for this storyline. So as much as I think both Ari Z and James Scott are fantastic, sexy, talented, funny, etc - I just can't root for their characters to wind up together based on the history that already exists between them.

No doubt that is exactly how many feel about EJami - that their history hinders any opportunity for them to be a viable pair in the future - and I get that. But for me, the history be damned with EJami. I wanted them before the worst of it happened, and I wanted them more afterward. So clearly, we all want what we want for whatever reasons...and that's why TPTB have such an easy time of it stirring the fan base wars and making us all half crazy with frustration. :lol:

nanasmiles

I honestly think EJ wanted to fly commercial so it would give his henchmen and Anna more time to steal Sydney and get away before Nicole was found. What about it?

Alligato
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Dec 13 2009, 09:59 PM
I honestly do see why many thought EJ and Nicole had great potential. But for me, they were ruined from the start because of how they started. Nicole entered in to the relationship knowing full well that EJ was head over heels in love with Sami. He told her so repeatedly - so it's not as though she was just unaware. Yet they moved forward when EJ very clearly settled for her after finding out she was pregnant and extending one last opportunity to Sami at the cabin to give him any indication there was hope for a future for them. And then to have Nicole proceed with all the lies and deceit just compounded the issue. Even at the point that she miscarried I do think TPTB had the opportunity to make EJole the rooting couple - if she had been honest with him and he had stood by her regardless. Had those things happened I know in my heart I would have lost all hope for EJami. But since it didn't play out that way and EJ was basically lied to, manipulated and made to look like such a doofus it ruined any chance I might have found to root for EJole.

No doubt that is exactly how many feel about EJami - that their history hinders any opportunity for them to be a viable pair in the future - and I get that. But for me, the history be damned with EJami. I wanted them before the worst of it happened, and I wanted them more afterward. So clearly, we all want what we want for whatever reasons...and that's why TPTB have such an easy time of it stirring the fan base wars and making us all half crazy with frustration. :lol:
I loved EJole from the moment they got drunk together at the bar and mean old, buzzkill Sami had to stop it.
And like all Days couples, they were good and managed to become so fucked up that I hardly recognize them anymore.

But as history of EJ and Nicole, Nicole knew that EJ was hung up on Sami...even during the drunk bar scene, she was trying to get EJ to get Sami jealous...and she knew what she was talking about because that is a big reason why EJami kissed/slept together in the first place.
But after that, Nicole made it plenty clear that she did not want to be second choice to Samantha, stopped talking/flirting with EJ because she knew he was hung up on Sami, and he promised her that he and Sami were done. Even when she was pregnant, he broke up with Sami during that awesome phone call, said he was the happiest he had ever been, praised Nicole as the best mother (that seems to be his bullshit line though).
Nicole was adamant at first about not being EJ's second pick...and EJ promised her that she wasn't. And aside from the baby drama, he did marry her and make promises.

But that is neither here nor there for many people and their love for their couples. Like you said, history of EJole, and hell EJami be damned. I think that the best potential for a powercouple even now with all that has happened is EJ and Nicole. They are very similar in character and have some major angst...however, EJ needs to do some seriousl groveling before I ever want that asshat near Nicole again!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

SocRMum1
Dec 13 2009, 09:59 PM
Nicole entered in to the relationship knowing full well that EJ was head over heels in love with Sami. He told her so repeatedly - so it's not as though she was just unaware. Yet they moved forward when EJ very clearly settled for her after finding out she was pregnant and extending one last opportunity to Sami at the cabin to give him any indication there was hope for a future for them. And then to have Nicole proceed with all the lies and deceit just compounded the issue.
I disagree with your assessment of how the EJole relationship was developing, which I consider at a minimum incomplete, and it was certainly more complex than you describe. You're leaving out EJ's pursuit of her and Nicole's reluctance to get too deeply involved. I think the writing was actually initially very clear that EJ was moving away from Sami--as was Lucas; I seem to recall both of them essentially mocking Sami because I remember thinking it was about time they realized she wasn't worth pursuing. Had the show not decided to greenlight writing AS's pregnancy in, I think we would have gotten a very different EJole relationship. It's funny, though, that even writing in another EJami pregnancy really hasn't gotten EJami closer; Sami shut out EJ of the second pregnancy and the only voluntary one she had by him, picked out a new baby daddy and is currently as far as I can tell completely in love with that man.

I still don't see any love between EJ and Sami--not him for her and most certainly not her for him--but the way EJ's been acting Sami's welcome to him. They can scream and be obnoxious hypocrites together and I'll use my FF button liberally.

And I still think EJ being the kidnapper makes the most sense. I like the idea of Sami being behind it because it would prove she meant what she said that she would keep her child from EJ again if given the chance, but that Sami's been gone for years. Not only that, I don't think she'd have had that dream or whatever it was about Sydney.

ETA: Alligato, I guess we were sharing a brain again.
Edited by Paxton, Dec 13 2009, 11:05 PM.

cassie1013

EJ and Nicole were ruined for the sake of plot. IMO, they are a much better fit, in theory, for this whole 'bad ass supercouple' thing I have in mind versus Ej and Sami. But even with Ejole, when they were together, it was the same as any other couple...the emotion, the drama etc. Both schemers, yet never an opportunity to scheme together...

It's really too bad, EJ and Nicole had a ton of potential.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LOVE IT!

People can say that they can never accept EJole because of what both have done to each other in less then a year, yet they CAN stand the torture that EJ put Sami and her family through for 3+ YEARS! That to me, will never make any "soap sense?" Whatever floats your boat, I guess???

ITA about Nicole pushing EJ away. This is why I liked her. She was attracted to EJ from the beginning, but wasn't willing to put up with Sami. She even said that she would raise their child by herself. But she fell hard for the fool, and got burned!

I still believe in their love and EJ wouldnt of been as hurt if he didnt FALL IN LOVE with her. Nicole, I think lost herself in him. Too obsessed in keeping the secret of Sydney. Now, with everything out (well at least Nicole's part...EJ, not so much) I think they can work their way back to that flirty and sexy couple that people of Salem love to hate!

Hey, maybe they can get back that love when they find out that Sydney's the EJole baby....cause this is DAYS, and there's bound to be a twist to get this SL to 2011! LOL

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Dec 13 2009, 11:20 PM

People can say that they can never accept EJole because of what both have done to each other in less then a year, yet they CAN stand the torture that EJ put Sami and her family through for 3+ YEARS! That to me, will never make any "soap sense?" Whatever floats your boat, I guess???

Which was exactly the point I made. That for all the many reasons I could never support EJole (as much as I love EJ and James and Ari, separately) I understand that others have nearly identical reasons for not liking EJami.

We can all go on until the cows come home about the chemistry between the actors, the potential between their characters, etc. But at the end of the day - we like who we like. I thought the drunk scene with EJole was cute - it showed a side of EJ we'd never seen. But I also hated much of the things about them that you guys no doubt loved.

I probably shouldn't have brought it up - it probably looks like I was picking a fan war fight and that wasn't my intention. Just simply saying I get why many people found things they liked about them - even though they weren't for me. Our own biases sometimes make it hard to see any potential in another pairing, but the quality of the actors gave EJole more impact and potential than I would have imagined in the beginning.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Dec 13 2009, 05:51 PM
Somehow I totally missed those Morgan as Tony and Anna's daughter rumors. I did used to hope that EJ could be Anna and Tony's son instead of Stefano's though. LOL.
I wished the same LOL.

I remember when EJ first showed up and he had scenes with Carrie. I seemed to recall her saying she thought he looked familiar or she knew him from somewhere. I think that got people thinking he may be a son of Tony and Anna's. I would've loved that because EJ reminded me so much of 1982-1985 Tony early on.

cassie1013

^ That was either a dropped story, or it was explained that EJ was "famous"...sort of.

ChoppedLiver

I just watched the video of EJ and NIcole getting drunk at Chez Rouge. I wasn't watching Days at that time, and I've read the comments about what a great scene that was! The chemistry/acting was unbelievable!!!! So hot and sexy! I'm still lost for the story around that time up until recently. It's a shame JS has put on weight/bulk whatever you wanna call it, it has aged him and removed a percent of insane handsomeness.

That being said for my first post, I want to compliment this site, along with fellow members, the great posts, insights and comments are all very fun! Much funner than sleeping which is what I should be doing actually.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ChoppedLiver
Dec 15 2009, 12:56 AM
I just watched the video of EJ and NIcole getting drunk at Chez Rouge. I wasn't watching Days at that time, and I've read the comments about what a great scene that was! The chemistry/acting was unbelievable!!!! So hot and sexy! I'm still lost for the story around that time up until recently. It's a shame JS has put on weight/bulk whatever you wanna call it, it has aged him and removed a percent of insane handsomeness.

That being said for my first post, I want to compliment this site, along with fellow members, the great posts, insights and comments are all very fun! Much funner than sleeping which is what I should be doing actually.
Welcome to the site! :wave:

I just wanted to chime in to say that I agree with your comments about how the added bulk seems to have aged JS. Particularly in his face - in my opinion, he looks puffy and tired on screen. Interestingly, though, I didn't think that was the case in the DOD pictures and videos we've seen or during the Thanksgiving Day Parade, so it's almost as if they are intentionally giving him that look for DAYS. I realize EJ has been through a lot these past months - but if Kate and Chloe can go through major illnesses and comas in full make up I don't see why there would be a need to de-sexify EJ. :-/

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ I recently watched a clip of EJ and Kate from his first few months on the show, and I wholeheartedly agree. He was slim and shaven and looked so young and hot.
The bulk has definitely aged him and the constant stubble makes him look years older than what he is. Not sure why he felt the need to do that. I thought it was because between GG and EM, he wanted to be ripped like that too, but back in the skinny day, the man had the best body there was. Long and lean. I would really like to see him without his shirt on to see what he looks like...where is Celeste with a sceance when we need it.

But I always said if he lost the long greasy hair, I wouldn't complain about his looks anymore....so I have nothing to say. LOL! :)

shytstarter
Member Avatar

I also don't care for how the extra weight has effected his face. From the neck down he looks great (loving the occasional peek at how defined his pecs look) but his face doesn't look so good. Sometimes he looks like he is in his late 30s and knocking at the door of 40. What is funny is that all those months earlier this year and part of last he was long haired, unkempt and greasy looking just to make him look older at the behest of TPTB but he looks years older with his hair cut and an extra few kilos on his frame. The moral of the story - TPTB should have just sent him to the barber and fed him meatball and ham sammiches.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

cassie1013
Dec 13 2009, 11:10 PM
EJ and Nicole were ruined for the sake of plot. IMO, they are a much better fit, in theory, for this whole 'bad ass supercouple' thing I have in mind versus Ej and Sami. But even with Ejole, when they were together, it was the same as any other couple...the emotion, the drama etc. Both schemers, yet never an opportunity to scheme together...

It's really too bad, EJ and Nicole had a ton of potential.
I think Ej and Nicole have a lot of potential, I don't think they are finished though. I do think that with time and a bit of reflection Ej will realize what Nicole did and how it in fact helped him know his daughter, raise her for the first 6 months and she was able to connect with him. While Sami was convinced on keeping her from him at every expense. I really believe when Ej realizes that Brady loves Nicole, he'll be mad and jealous. I liked Nicole with Ej because she was as bad as he was....and she accepted him for who he is without wanting him to change on her account. Nicole was the perfect mob wife, devoted to her husband.

If you ask me....I still think this is all going to be a bad nightmare that Nicole will wake up from when AZ comes back from maternity leave. Notice how this entire story has been all about Nicole's feelings, how she miscarried, how she felt after and why she did the switch...how we haven't seen Sydney bond with Sami...isn't that weird? Why not keep the kid around after Sami found out she was her daughter...keep her around for the holidays and then let Nicole take her the week after xmas....no...why? I think when AZ gets back we will see a scene with Nicole waking up in bed...the camera pans over and we see Sydney in her playpen and Ej hovering her....Nicole then tells Ej she just had the worse dream.....that she did all these awful things...and Ej comes in for a kiss and tells her..."ah..you would never do that".....we later learn that Grace was Sami's child and she did die of meningitis...and Mia gave Baker her kid and he sold it in the blackmarket.....baby switch done...enter the new storyline Brady/Arianna/EJ/Nicole....in her dream Nicole did admit to loving Brady and Brady to loving her...this has just been too weird...to anti-climatic and frankly not about EJ and Sami's baby at all but about Nicole's feelings, wants and needs.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 15 2009, 10:35 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^Oh, do I wish that were true!

However, I still think that Sydney could be Nicoles. Notice how Sami hasnt had the chance to bond with Sydney. The GA has mostly seen SYdole and there's a lot of support for them. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if after AZ comes back, they find this out. I dont get why Sydney out there when they could have wrapped this SL up with Samis Xmas miracle? I think theyre waiting on AZ to come back! Just speculating!

six
Member Avatar

Alligato
Dec 15 2009, 09:01 AM
But I always said if he lost the long greasy hair, I wouldn't complain about his looks anymore....so I have nothing to say. LOL! :)
I was about to say the same thing. I used to get distracted by his oily bangs flopping around when he'd start yelling and gesticulating, and kept hoping someone would kidnap EJ and not let him leave until he took a bath and got his hair cut. IDK why they thought a greasy hair helmet would be a good look for him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Liz<3Days
Dec 15 2009, 10:50 AM
^Oh, do I wish that were true!

However, I still think that Sydney could be Nicoles. Notice how Sami hasnt had the chance to bond with Sydney. The GA has mostly seen SYdole and there's a lot of support for them. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if after AZ comes back, they find this out. I dont get why Sydney out there when they could have wrapped this SL up with Samis Xmas miracle? I think theyre waiting on AZ to come back! Just speculating!
^^ Yep that is why I think that it will be revealed that Sami isn't Sydney's mother and it's Nicole. Plus they haven't wrapped up the kidnapping around xmas....there is some sort of a vigil but I don't think a xmas miracle since scenes where taping just last week that showed the kidnapper with the baby....remember Casey's twitter pic? They are waiting for sure for Ari to come back from ML to close the chapter on the switch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply