Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of December 14th; *UPDATED 12/12*
Topic Started: Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM (25,821 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Interesting speculation of why the men are allowed to look peaked during rough times, and the women aren't. Remember when Bo was so sick? They had that down so realistically, right down to the dark circles around his eyes and the pale pallor of his skin. Kate and Chloe, on the other hand, looked like they came out of the beauty shop! Although, granted, I think when Sami gave birth, she actually sweated and didn't have overly done make-up on. Kudos for that. That is one thing I do like about Alison...she looks normal. She's not dressed to the 9's in her house, and I could even imagine spit up or baby formula on her shirt! I love Arianne's acting and love Nicole, but Nicole is just too pulled together. Even now, in jail and the bad hair-do. She could do with a little less "oomph".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I think they are doing a fairly reasonable job showing the women less than perfect. They messed up with the wig Nicole is wearing but other than that Nicole pulled herself together with her matchy brown outfit down to the nail polish color and made up eyes in the fleabag motel which makes sense because she would want something to keep herself distracted and the eye on the prize. In jail you see her makeup much more subdued like it's wearing off and her fingernail polish is chipped. Nice touches. Also, you have Carly with her limp lifeless hair during the more harrowing times of her return and now that she's somewhat safe her hair is all fluffed up looking much nicer. Chloe is another story. Maybe it has more to do with the actors' willingness to look less than perfect.

Regarding James. IMO his aged look has more to do with the LA lifestyle and not wearing sunblock more than anything because I started noticing his boyish looks were disappearing around summer 2008 also a time he was bulking so who knows. i do miss that youthful aire that EJ used to have.
Edited by Halloween Family, Dec 15 2009, 01:36 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

But the character of EJ has also matured in that he's a father and he's the head of a complex family. That stress ages you..at least I'm glad that theyre showing it!

cassie1013

ladyofthelake
Dec 15 2009, 01:11 PM
Kate and Chloe, on the other hand, looked like they came out of the beauty shop!
LOL, Kate looked ridiculous in that cancer storyline (which was a waste of time).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply