Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for wk of December 14th; *UPDATED 12/12*
Topic Started: Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM (25,748 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think the reason we don't know the identity of Sydney's real abductor is because the show has been dark the last two weeks, I remember hearing. This happened back in 2007 when Stefano and Rolf started talking about their "guest" downstairs. While we all thought it was John, it took weeks for the confirmation to come out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Kenny
Dec 2 2009, 02:24 PM
If they're keeping the identity of Sydney's kidnapper a secret until the week of December 14th, it makes me suspicious that this will be a character we'll recognize. Otherwise, why not just show who they are from the start?

However, earlier reports made it sound like this was an entirely new character, so maybe it's not someone we'll recognize from the past.

Either way, it's interesting that no spoilers have been leaked about this. We know what's going on at Christmas and we've been teased about what's going to happen in the new year, but we haven't heard a peep about this mysterious character or Sydney's kidnapper. The show must be working very hard to keep a lid on this.
I wish they would spend their damn casting quota $$ on giving Philip and Nathan better or even worse choices than Melanie and Stephanie. I never thought I would miss Sean, Belle, Chelsea, the sorority, the kid in the water heater, even the teeny-bopper airlines. Anything is better than the constant monotony of these four. Rafe Ariana and Gaby. Just making this comment has bored me to death. Enough with the babymama drama already. It is puke-enducing. The poor twins. Is anybody even feeding them? Do they know who their parents are?

I'd rather watch Roman and Vivian have sex than Sammi & Rafe. O.K. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :puke: :puke: :puke:

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

Everhopeful
Dec 2 2009, 03:53 PM
It is a normal reaction for some people who are stressed or grieving to have sex. It relieves the tension and stress. Totally appropriate to the circumstances.

ita i guess many on this board has not been in personal crisis and turned to the man or woman
they love for intimacy & or sex

if this was ejami it would be perfectly normal or any one other than safe

lysie
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Dec 2 2009, 04:16 PM
Everhopeful
It is a normal reaction for some people who are stressed or grieving to have sex. It relieves the tension and stress. Totally appropriate to the circumstances.

ita i guess many on this board has not been in personal crisis and turned to the man or woman

Well, I won't speak for the rest of the board, but the fact that it's SAFE and not EJAMI has nothing to do with my opinion, lol. We don't even know if Sydney is still missing anyway.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

It's not just that it's Sami and Rafe (although their constant humpfests right in front of a napping Grace right before she died also squicked me out). Grief sex may be somewhat realistic, but it's not the sort of love in the afternoon that I tune in to soaps for. Similarly, I was grossed out when Sonny and Carly's way of dealing with their son being shot was humping in the back of a car. I hate seeing Days going down the road of GH here.

eta:

Half the people posting their disdain for this Safe sex scene aren't even Ejami fans. Some are Lumi fans, some aren't fans of Sami at all, some aren't fans of Rafe at all. It's not just EJ and Sami fans who take issue with this Safe sex scene. I wouldn't think it appropriate if they had EJ and Sami having sex while their kid was missing either.
Edited by IMissAremid, Dec 2 2009, 04:25 PM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Oh Thank god, The kidnapper is revealed. I was worried we would have months of this shit.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Everhopeful

Actually it would be lame for any couple. Of course people turn to intimacy in times of grief but the way the show depicts Sami's grief sex is more like a girl in new love, not a a girl in new love grieving over a dead or kidnapped child.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Dec 2 2009, 04:24 PM
Oh Thank god, The kidnapper is revealed. I was worried we would have months of this shit.
Until the next person kidnaps her......

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Everhopeful

It may be "normal for SOME people" but it's not what I want to watch when I turn on my tv. I like it to be more romantic in nature myself.

And for the record, I've been thru my fair share of stress and grief recently along with my spouse and sex wasn't big on the agenda. I know that I'm only speaking for myself, but when you've been thru something, and you see something like this that seems so inappropriate, you just have to say something.

And yes I'm an Ejami, but trust me, my disgust with this has NOTHING to do with who's doing it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

mer4santo
Dec 2 2009, 04:26 PM
jeanneshuis
Everhopeful

Actually it would be lame for any couple. Of course people turn to intimacy in times of grief but the way the show depicts Sami's grief sex is more like a girl in new love, not a a girl in new love grieving over a dead or kidnapped child.
Exactly.

I will admit that it being Sami & Rafe makes it worse (hate their scenes together!) but I wouldn't think it was ok if it was someone else either. It just makes it seem like they don't give a shit! Sex would be the last thing on my mind in this situation.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Angie79
Dec 2 2009, 04:46 PM
mer4santo
Dec 2 2009, 04:26 PM
jeanneshuis
Everhopeful

Exactly.

I will admit that it being Sami & Rafe makes it worse (hate their scenes together!) but I wouldn't think it was ok if it was someone else either. It just makes it seem like they don't give a shit! Sex would be the last thing on my mind in this situation.
I agree. Not to mention that as 'normal' or 'natural' as it might be in real life - I don't want to see comfort or grief sex on a soap unless it furthers the plot. There is nothing new or romantic about it given the circumstances - so what's the point?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I think AS is a rotten excuse for a romantic leading lady and all her sex scenes and romances suck as far as I'm concerned. I'll wait to see how the scenes play out, I guess, but a good actress (which I don't think AS is--she has her strengths but subtle emotion I haven't found to be one of them) with good writing could probably sell me on the idea that this is a distraction from the mind-numbing horror of her child being gone and a way to feel closer to our town's new hero Agent Judgmental. So, I don't think it's totally out of line, I just doubt it'll play out in a compelling way.

And of course, I find it a little odd they have sex when for the first time Sydney is in the hands of an unknown party who could have God knows what intentions. At least with Nicole they knew she wasn't going to hurt her and the risk was that Nicole would vanish forever with Sydney. With the new abductor Sydney could be being tortured or killed for all they know.

Alligato
Member Avatar

You know, when Sami was grieving with EJ for Grace...she hugged him and put her head on his shoulder, and that was awww....so for the man she actually loves, I would think that if she wants to bang him to forget about her abducted daughter, it would fall into her typical line of coping mechanisms and not be so disturbing for some. It's her MO.

I mean, I wouldn't bang a man for comfort, but I wouldn't have sex with my abuser or let someone with a secret he won't tell me near my kids.
We are supposed to suspend reality, right? I don't begin to understand anything that Sami does or even relate to it.

That said, I truly hope Sydney is back because I don't think I can take two more weeks of "what if I can't find my daughter, my daughter is missing, it's all my fault" bullshit that the "parents" keep spewing.

Not sure what to think of this unknown character who is supposed to be introduced by flashbacks. Just weird.

Thanks for the spoils!
Edited by Alligato, Dec 2 2009, 05:30 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM
National Enquirer Spoilers (Thanks to angmc)
- Sydney's abductor is revealed
- Sami tries to get a confession out of Stefano
- Hope sets her plan in motion
- Philip and Melanie decide to spend Christmas together
- Safe sex
Oooh! These are must see TV. :rolleyes:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW Spoilers
-EJ and Sami's connection grows.
-Rafe visits Nicole.
-Chad and Mia bond.
-Kate and Vivian war over Phillip.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I hope these Kate and Vivian spoilers keep coming. I love them

AlisonLou

Angie79
Dec 2 2009, 01:21 PM

- Hope sets her plan in motion

I think I have an idea what this is about. I've seen a couple of spoiler pics and I think they may tie into this spoiler. Can't be sure though. I don't think it's got anything to do with Carly. More like Bo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Dec 2 2009, 03:28 PM
Kenny
Dec 2 2009, 02:16 PM
jane1978
Dec 2 2009, 01:35 PM
Interesting news about the abductor. I think there was some kind of rumour/spoiler/inside news about new character appearing at the beginning of December who will be introduced through flashbacks and he will turn the Salem upside down. Maybe thatīs him.
Yeah, I'm guessing that person is the kidnapper. The question is, will his/her involvement make any damn sense?
Ok, I found the original post over at SON. And it seems the poster is very realiable.

Quote:

At the end of the first week of NBC's "Days of Our Lives," and at the beginning of the second week, the Emmy-winning drama series will introduced a new character that is going to be shown through a flashback sequence which is going to cause all kinds of drama in Salem.

It definitely sound like the kidnapper could be connected. Maybe there will be no christmas miracle after all and this is the twist the actors were talking about. Stefano or anybody else taking the child only to return it a week or so later really doesnīt sound so interesting.
I agree. I think it's the kidnapper too but, like Kenny, I do think this will be someone we will recognize. Maybe it's a new actor coming on as a recast of a past character or maybe it's the same actor playing a new character (Wes Ramsey maybe?). Or maybe the actual kidnapper is someone we know but they are working for a new character. So many possibilities. I love it and you can tell the show really is keeping a tight lid on spoilers because they are getting much less detailed and a bit more scarce. I think it also helps too, like Drew said, that the show has been dark recently. They were wise to do something like that right now when they have the best chance to keep secrets like this.

As for Sami and Rafe, it depends on how it plays. To me, that is what makes it an issue or not. The spoilers sound great though.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Dec 2 2009, 07:27 PM
I think it's the kidnapper too but, like Kenny, I do think this will be someone we will recognize. Maybe it's a new actor coming on as a recast of a past character or maybe it's the same actor playing a new character (Wes Ramsey maybe?). Or maybe the actual kidnapper is someone we know but they are working for a new character. So many possibilities. I love it and you can tell the show really is keeping a tight lid on spoilers because they are getting much less detailed and a bit more scarce. I think it also helps too, like Drew said, that the show has been dark recently. They were wise to do something like that right now when they have the best chance to keep secrets like this.

As for Sami and Rafe, it depends on how it plays. To me, that is what makes it an issue or not. The spoilers sound great though.
I think the Wes Ramsey idea is a good quess. If nathan/Steph become serious they will need some kind of conflict. Or maybe he could be paired with Chloe after/if her relationship with Daniel deteroriate when his past with Carly and his fatherhood is revealed.

I totally love the idea of Chloe having to deal with Danielīs daughter who is dating/ is involved with her high school sweetheart.

Everhopeful
Member Avatar

aimees76
Dec 2 2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting. Curious to see if Sydney's kidnapper is a surprise or if it is just Stefano, as expected.

Safe sex? Seriously? Sami's daughter is missing and she still can't stop screwing Rafey? Mother of the year, people, mother of the year. *sigh*
Having sex in a time of stress is a normal thing to do.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply