Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Daytime's Royal Couple Returns!; SOD Article Summary
Topic Started: Dec 10 2009, 12:59 AM (1,760 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Please link to DR only. Thank you! :)

Daytime's Royal Couple Returns!

After much controversy and many real life twists and turns, Victor and Nikki are finally returning to "The Young & The Restless" and MTS/EB couldn't be happier. Fans rejoice!

Both Melody and Eric have already begun taping again. Maria Bell says she never wanted to write Victor out because he's at the center of so many stories but she never believed he would be gone for good. Paul Rauch agrees and says that Eric/Victor is "an integral part of the show."

MAB says she purposely kept Victor's presence strong on the show during Braeden's absence because she wanted the stage to be set for a dramatic return. She explains, "I wanted the audience to be going, 'Oh my God. What's going to happen when Victor finds out about this?!'"

MAB also explains that she knew how many fans were upset about the possibility of Victor being gone for good. "The fans were really up in arms and they were very concerned that Eric was going to leave permanently. I was so thrilled when it all came together. I always felt that this would somehow work out. Everybody loves Victor Newman."

Despite leaving town together, Victor and Nikki won't be returning to Genoa City arm-in-arm. On Christmas Eve, Nikki returns to town without Victor by her side. "She comes back for Christmas," explains MAB. "Since she was helping Victor with his rehabilitation, she couldn't come home for regular visits. But it's the holidays and it makes sense that she would want to come back to see her children and grandchildren. Katherine too."

As for Victor, we'll first see him in early January. However, MAB warns that we shouldn't be expecting a "kinder, gentler" Victor Newman just because he now has Colleen's heart beating in his chest. "Victor will always be Victor," laughs Bell. "I don't know if the fans would want to see him changed and I don't really want to, either. His last words before he left town was that he wasn't going to forget how Jack used Adam as a patsy. That feud between Victor and Jack will remain, but on the other hand he feels gratitude [to the Abbotts for giving him Colleen's heart], so it's interesting."

Paul Rauch raves that the stuff coming up is "very exciting." Victor comes roaring back into town "with a vengeance" and he'll be just as powerful as ever -- maybe more. Eric Braeden says that Victor has his sights set on Adam, and he also has plans for Billy. "And of course, don't forget Jack Abbott," chuckles Braeden. "Oh my God almighty. It's about time that he is called on the carpet. How long does it take?"

But what's in store for Victor and Nikki as a couple? "It took so much for them to reunite," says Bell. "Everyone saw their bond as she guarded and protected him while he was ill. I don't think the audience wants to see that evaporate. This is a relationship where we will see their strength. They're the great love story and giant arc of the show. They really are at the core of the show."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

BARF!
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Honestly, I'm happy these two are coming back. Yes, I believe that the show would continue on if one or both of them left, but it's a nice comfortable feeling to have them on the show.

As for them as a couple, I could take it or leave it. On one hand, I can see Victor and Nikki not wanting to jump into a relationship so fast and slowly grow closer, but on the other hand, I can see them getting closer during their time spent together while Victor was in rehab without anyone from Genoa City to disrupt them.

sdn001

And of course, Victor comes back with a vengeance, completely ignoring the fact that he did have some complicity in the whole Patty/May Jane mess - like the fact that he intentionally paid off people to let Patty slip out of town and failed to reveal her true identity once they determined that she was the one who caused Summer's peanut allergy reaction. EB has already been making the rounds saying that it's preposterous to lay any blame on Victor while blaming everyone else in the universe - Adam, Billy, Jack. I was hoping that would change after Vic got shot and saved from death, but I guess I expected too much. So rather than try something new, we will get the same old "invincible Victor who can buy anyone and do anything with his bottomless wallet" story. :frownie:

cassie1013

Ugh, boringggg. I like them as characters, but there is NO justification for them as a couple anymore. I like Paul and Nikki.

Nicole Walker

I will cheer Victor on when he makes Adam regret the day he was ever born.

MEK
Member Avatar

I have missed Nikkia and I am glad she is returning. As for Victor too bad he is returning. Oh well at least for a couple of weeks Nikki will be without her abuser. Unfortunately it sounds from MAB's comments that Nikki and Victor will remain a couple.

As usual Braeden sounds like an arrogant azz.

MEK
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 10 2009, 03:52 AM
Ugh, boringggg. I like them as characters, but there is NO justification for them as a couple anymore. I like Paul and Nikki.
I loved Nikki and Paul as a couple. Who knows maybe they reunite. One can hope. LOL!

curlygirl
Member Avatar

Thanks for the update ;)

I am thrilled they are coming back. Being a viewer of 25 years, the show is just not the same without these two. :cheer:

I look forward to see what TGVN has in store for his slimey son Adam and Billy too :P

I also hope that tptb keep them together.....I like them as a couple more than apart :D
Edited by curlygirl, Dec 10 2009, 09:27 AM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Meh.....I am fine with Nikki, but I haven't missed Victor at all.

pikki123
Member Avatar

nikki /victor are sick and digusting. victor treats her like crap wished her dead a couple times, abuses her emotionally and verbally yet she loves him. this is degrading to women eveywhere why Y&R promote abuses within this couple is beyoud me. victor is a creepy old pig. and its sad that nikki has now been reduced to nothing more than a prop for victor.

I love MTS and nikki but i will not be watching this crap.

MAB is the worst head writer ever and the biggest idioit also. she hadn't a clue what the fans would. all the storylines are boring and predictable. loves to recycles storylines within a couple of months of each other. has no new ideas. MAB the so called head writer needs to be fired.

metitle
Member Avatar

I second the barf :x
Edited by metitle, Dec 10 2009, 03:36 PM.

MEK
Member Avatar

pikki123
Dec 10 2009, 01:55 PM
nikki /victor are sick and digusting. victor treats her like crap wished her dead a couple times, abuses her emotionally and verbally yet she loves him. this is degrading to women eveywhere why Y&R promote abuses within this couple is beyoud me. victor is a creepy old pig. and its sad that nikki has now been reduced to nothing more than a prop for victor.

I love MTS and nikki but i will not be watching this crap.

MAB is the worst head writer ever and the biggest idioit also. she hadn't a clue what the fans would. all the storylines are boring and predictable. loves to recycles storylines within a couple of months of each other. has no new ideas. MAB the so called head writer needs to be fired.
Loved your description of Victor as a "creepy old pig." Can I add abusive?

I love MTS as well and am saddened to see what that hack MAB has done to the once great character of Nikki. As you rightly said Nikki has become nothing more than a prop for that horrible old man. MTS is a million times the actor that the over the hill Braeden is. Yet MAB writes for him, kisses his butt yet has no interest in the character of Nikki. In fact MAB can't write for any of the female characters. A woman writer and she denigrates women and puts them in abusive sick relationships in which they make door mats of themselves. Don't even get me started on the nauseating Adam/Sharon relationship.

You are right that MAB has no clue what viewers wants. She really thinks most viewers want to see the geriatric boring Victor front and center? Victor just like his portrayer is over the hill and both of them should have been put out to pasture.

Shylock

Soaps must have a "generic responses for the return of guys with a bad guy reputation" handbook for these things.

Example: Days when Stefano and Tony were returning. Stefano really didn't do anything Stefano like. Until about a year later after a re-return and he did that stuff in the hospital. And then he hasn't done the usual Stefano shit in years. It's like they can't come up with a good plot for a villain at all. Also, Days still sucks, I don't care what the ratings say, it's the same bullshit as it's been for months, just with different toys for the writers to play with.

Victor's been rather tame with his shit the past few months, other than the Patty plot that really went nowhere. I mean. We never knew what his true intentions were with Patty coming into town, they just seemed like a vehicle to introduce another character and let it run wild all over the town. And then he kinda just left without any sort of retribution, at least verbally, from the citizens of GC. Everyone still likes him even though he caused so much pain.

pikki123
Member Avatar

i know the reaction from the other message boards are the same they do not want a reunion of nikki and the abusive over the hill pig victor, Eb would be nothing if it wasn't for MTS who is a million times better that the crust that is EB.

Sad thing is that MTS nearly losted her job when EB was in his contract talks her because MAB wouldn't write for her. MTS didn't run to evey reporter out bitching instead she kept quiet, MTS never complains about the show are her storylines.

while EB ran to eveyone out there bitching and acting like an ass complaining about the way victor was written although he won't play victor any other way than victor being a jack ass,

MAB is living in her own dream world, and know what want being funny if victor return resulted in the ratings being down than up

VetsRock
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Dec 10 2009, 04:29 AM
I will cheer Victor on when he makes Adam regret the day he was ever born.
Me too,I have been waiting for that

VetsRock
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Dec 10 2009, 03:52 AM
Sorry to desagree,but Nikki & Paul shouldn't have cross the line(thank you soap gods that it didn't last long),they have been friends for a very long and it was nice to see them just as friends
Paul needs a new Love and storys

VetsRock
Member Avatar

:whooohooo: :whooohooo: ,can't wait for them,I just hope ***Nikki has her backbone back and she takes it slow with Victor and then this time it will last forever
I just hope they kick butt and get their home back

Bring on Nikki & Victor and Forever

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply