Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen Gering to Appear on BuzzWorthy Radio; Friday, Dec. 11 at 4 PM ET!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2009, 10:52 PM (5,689 Views)
angmc
Member Avatar

Manda1
Dec 13 2009, 12:19 AM
Halloween Family
Dec 12 2009, 10:30 PM
How is Anna Rafe's sister in law? I'm assuming we are looking at Safe pseudo-married so Anna would be Rafe's stepmother in law and that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe GG meant Carrie or less likely Belle. Or did he mean Ej's siste in law? I'm confused.
GG didn't refer to Anna by name in the interview he mentioned EJ's sister in law...
And what other sister-in-law does EJ have that anyone would even know? :eyeroll: Unless you're new to the show everyone would deduce it's Anna since they never focused on Benji's wife. I'm just assuming that GG didn't say her by name because he couldn't remember it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

angmc
Dec 13 2009, 02:13 AM
Manda1
Halloween Family
How is Anna Rafe's sister in law? I'm assuming we are looking at Safe pseudo-married so Anna would be Rafe's stepmother in law and that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe GG meant Carrie or less likely Belle. Or did he mean Ej's siste in law? I'm confused.
GG didn't refer to Anna by name in the interview he mentioned EJ's sister in law...
And what other sister-in-law does EJ have that anyone would even know? :eyeroll: Unless you're new to the show everyone would deduce it's Anna since they never focused on Benji's wife. I'm just assuming that GG didn't say her by name because he couldn't remember it.
Don't you think that most people who would be listening to this podcast probably frequent boards, too, and already know that Anna is the mystery person? It just seems like a lot of trying to find things wrong with Galen. He's not my favorite actor, but man..........this is reminiscent of the nitpicking done every time Bryan Datillo has an interview. :huh:
Your general long-term viewer probably doesn't even listen to podcasts or read boards. Shoot, they probably don't even read SOD.

angmc
Member Avatar

I don't really care about what he said in reference to Anna but this denial stuff irks me. He let a spoiler slip. Case closed.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 08:20 AM
angmc
Manda1
Halloween Family
Don't you think that most people who would be listening to this podcast probably frequent boards, too, and already know that Anna is the mystery person? It just seems like a lot of trying to find things wrong with Galen. He's not my favorite actor, but man..........this is reminiscent of the nitpicking done every time Bryan Datillo has an interview. :huh:
Your general long-term viewer probably doesn't even listen to podcasts or read boards. Shoot, they probably don't even read SOD.
Just because people are reading the boards doesn't mean that they don't want to stay spoiler free. I've seen a few people in the past couple of days who were upset because someone blurted out the mystery person spoiler in a non spoiler thread. It's not uncommon for people to like to hear general interviews about what it's like working at Days, and to discuss the show with others, without having upcoming scenes spoiled. I did that for quite awhile, and will probably start again soon, since Days was more enjoyable that way.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with GG. There were people in another thread who were upset because actors share scenes, scripts etc. on twitter.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

six
Dec 13 2009, 12:20 PM
ladyofthelake
angmc
Manda1

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Just because people are reading the boards doesn't mean that they don't want to stay spoiler free. I've seen a few people in the past couple of days who were upset because someone blurted out the mystery person spoiler in a non spoiler thread. It's not uncommon for people to like to hear general interviews about what it's like working at Days, and to discuss the show with others, without having upcoming scenes spoiled. I did that for quite awhile, and will probably start again soon, since Days was more enjoyable that way.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with GG. There were people in another thread who were upset because actors share scenes, scripts etc. on twitter.
Well, I'm not going to argue, but since this was already out in SOD, and since he didn't use the name, I don't get the big deal. And, yeah, guys, you're going to run the risk of hearing spoilers if you read interviews and read boards and listen to podcasts. Case closed. ;)

Manda1

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 01:13 PM
six
ladyofthelake
angmc

Well, I'm not going to argue, but since this was already out in SOD, and since he didn't use the name, I don't get the big deal. And, yeah, guys, you're going to run the risk of hearing spoilers if you read interviews and read boards and listen to podcasts. Case closed. ;)
Exactly! Thank you. :applause: :applause:

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
six
ladyofthelake
angmc

ita

there is so much hatred
towards galen on various boards
fine we each have our own likes /dislikes
why is it that there so much time & energy is spend on him if i do not like some one
i don't post i go on to ones i do enjoy

i do not hate james i never bad mouth him
he is very hot looking man i have wanted to meet him at the 2 day of days events
but there is just not enough time for all

i do not like EJ never have

i do love galen and have over 10 yrs i also
know when he is kidding around he admits he has a dry sense of humor sarcastic as well fans know how to take him others don't this is what makes the world go around

we all know james and galen respect each other and have a great time on set
many times fans want to create a real life conflict between actors

bottom line here
DAYS is doing great thats should be our first concern esp with soaps dying left and right i am astwt watcher for 29 yrs
i am so sad its going off
Edited by Rhi , Dec 13 2009, 02:28 PM.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
six
ladyofthelake
angmc

Don't you think that most people who would be listening to this podcast probably frequent boards, too, and already know that Anna is the mystery person? He's not my favorite actor, but man..........this is reminiscent of the nitpicking done every time Bryan Datillo has an interview. :huh:

It's cool if you don't mind being spoiled, but others do, and I don't see the reason for trying to turning it into a fanbase or anti-Rafe/Galen thing ("It just seems like a lot of trying to find things wrong with Galen.") instead of acknowledging that others like to watch in a way differently than you do. It being out in SOD means nothing, since anyone who's spoiler free knows better than to read soap mags, because giving spoilers is what soap mags do. Nor does him not using the name give him a pass, since for all intents and purposes, EJ only has one sister in law. Yes, fans do run the risk of inconsiderate people sharing spoilers in interviews or threads where they might not be expected, instead of using tags or warnings beforehand. He spoiled a reveal, and when you do that without warning, you run the risk of people disliking it - it's called "spoiling" for a reason. Case closed. ;)
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 01:49 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Nicole Dimera
Dec 11 2009, 11:42 PM
I wasn't able to finish it. I have to go back and listen but the part that did peek my curiosity was Galen's comment was about them looking for Sydney and how EJ is acting strange and so is his sister in law, that would be Anna. I wonder if those two are in cahoots together.
Ok, I've read this thread and I'm still confused. Is this the alleged spoiler? I didn't listen to the interview.

Anyway, I'm with those who think that only a tiny minority of the viewing audience visits boards and listens to these types of interviews. I think if someone is truly dedicated to watching the show spoiler-free, then the best thing to do is to avoid entirely all actor interviews, the soap mags and the boards. I'm always careful not to discuss spoilers in the weekly thread here and I'm respectful of those who stay spoiler-free, but just like abstinence is the only foolproof pregnancy prevention technique, abstinence from the boards/mags/interviews is the only foolproof way to stay unspoiled.

I don't see what Galen said as that big a deal anyway, if all he did was mention EJ's sister in law acting strange. Did he say that EJ's sister in law was the kidnapper, or that EJ and his SIL were in cahoots? Even if somebody listened and said, hey . . . is Anna back, I don't see that as that big a deal and it may be more of a teaser than a spoiler.

I also think it's funny that people worry so much about what actors say in their interviews and at fan events about upcoming story and whether "x" couple will be together ultimately/inevitably/endgame. While it's semi-interesting to hear what the actors think about their story, they don't have any control over what the writers and producers will do in the future. They could totally believe that the pairing they're part of will be together eventually or stay together forever and be 100% wrong about it. Or they could know the truth but be stringing along all their fans, or something in between. The actors, to me, are the least informed.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

When your typing a reply on this board and quoting someone use the big empty box on the top, so your post doesn' get lumped in with the post your quoting that's located in the box below the REPLY box!

six
Member Avatar

Paxton
Dec 13 2009, 02:21 PM
Nicole Dimera
I wasn't able to finish it. I have to go back and listen but the part that did peek my curiosity was Galen's comment was about them looking for Sydney and how EJ is acting strange and so is his sister in law, that would be Anna. I wonder if those two are in cahoots together.
Ok, I've read this thread and I'm still confused. Is this the alleged spoiler? I didn't listen to the interview.

Anyway, I'm with those who think that only a tiny minority of the viewing audience visits boards and listens to these types of interviews. I think if someone is truly dedicated to watching the show spoiler-free, then the best thing to do is to avoid entirely all actor interviews, the soap mags and the boards. I'm always careful not to discuss spoilers in the weekly thread here and I'm respectful of those who stay spoiler-free, but just like abstinence is the only foolproof pregnancy prevention technique, abstinence from the boards/mags/interviews is the only foolproof way to stay unspoiled.

I don't see what Galen said as that big a deal anyway, if all he did was mention EJ's sister in law acting strange. Did he say that EJ's sister in law was the kidnapper, or that EJ and his SIL were in cahoots? Even if somebody listened and said, hey . . . is Anna back, I don't see that as that big a deal and it may be more of a teaser than a spoiler.

I also think it's funny that people worry so much about what actors say in their interviews and at fan events about upcoming story and whether "x" couple will be together ultimately/inevitably/endgame. While it's semi-interesting to hear what the actors think about their story, they don't have any control over what the writers and producers will do in the future. They could totally believe that the pairing they're part of will be together eventually or stay together forever and be 100% wrong about it. Or they could know the truth but be stringing along all their fans, or something in between. The actors, to me, are the least informed.
I agree that you do take the risk of someone breaking the rules at places that have such rules on using spoiler tags, or accidentally clicking on something that contains spoilers, and therefore you can't go off on the person who spoiled you. At the same time I don't think it's out of time to say "hey a warning would've been nice" or be slightly annoyed when a spoiler pops up in a thread that's not about spoilers.

This example works more for boards than podcasts and interviews, but to continue the pregnancy theme - it'd be like someone going off birth control without telling their partner. Yea, a risk is always there, but if you thought there was an agreement for everyone to try and prevent accidental spoiling/pregnancy (like spoiler tag rules) it's not unreasonable be disappointed if it doesn't happen. :tounge:

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

For me it wasn't that he spoiled Anna, as I agree, the majority of people who listen to podcasts or interviews are very likely to be spoiler junkies, like myself, lol! It was more that he seemed to go further, to the next piece of the puzzle & potentially spoiler EJ & Anna working together.

I may have misinterpreted it, but in response to a question about the kidnapping and who was looking shady, he singled out EJ and his sister-in-law. I just found it a bit weird that he would name those two. If he'd just spoken about Anna, given the SOD article being out there I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

However, unlike me, GG knows what's going on and also, how careful he needs to be about spoilers, especially, it seems with this s/l, so he may just be playing with us all.

As for whether it's a happy ending for Safe or not, I'll take that answer with a grain of salt. It's his job to pimp his couple & I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Just as I expect to see JS do a similar job giving hope of an eternal Ejami tomorrow. It's all in a days work.

mirabella

Paxton
Dec 13 2009, 02:21 PM
Nicole Dimera

Thanks for a very logical reply to all of this craziness. LOL! I agree with those who say that if a person is actually trying to remain spoiler free, they would not likely be listening to an actor interview or reading soap magazines or message boards.

To answer your question as to what Galen actually said, in regards to a question about his character, he said that he was trying to find the kid (Sydney) and that EJ was acting strange and his sister in law was, too. No, he did NOT mention her name, say that she was the kidnapper, or that EJ and his SIL were in cahoots. Like you, I thought of this more as a teaser than a spoiler.

Every actor either tweets (and/or say in interviews) things that might be considered spoilers but are actually teasers. Most of us love them which is why they are posted here most of the time and get great responses from the posters who are in this very thread........lol!

Taelyn

six
Dec 13 2009, 01:49 PM
ladyofthelake
six
ladyofthelake

It's cool if you don't mind being spoiled, but others do, and I don't see the reason for trying to turning it into a fanbase or anti-Rafe/Galen thing ("It just seems like a lot of trying to find things wrong with Galen.") instead of acknowledging that others like to watch in a way differently than you do. It being out in SOD means nothing, since anyone who's spoiler free knows better than to read soap mags, because giving spoilers is what soap mags do. Nor does him not using the name give him a pass, since for all intents and purposes, EJ only has one sister in law. Yes, fans do run the risk of inconsiderate people sharing spoilers in interviews or threads where they might not be expected, instead of using tags or warnings beforehand. He spoiled a reveal, and when you do that without warning, you run the risk of people disliking it - it's called "spoiling" for a reason. Case closed. ;)
Well, since this section of DR itself is called "Weekly Previews,Spoilers & Articles"

One should not be surprised or upset about seeing a spoiler. Otherwise a person stays in "Spoiler Free" areas.

And besides... Galen never said Anna by name.. He was asked in general about his suspicions regarding James's or Stephano's possible involvement.. All he said was something in regard to James acting strange and also his sister in law. As this info is published and out in the soap press and internet he is not "Leaking" anything that he shouldnt be as its already *Out There*

Certainly if a person wants to remain totally spoiler free, to the point that they dont even want to know if there is exciting story coming, Or hear teases about ongoing stories then they would not hang around DR (A known spoiler site) nor listen to interviews from a soap show. Since that is what the subject of the interview usually talks about.

Just saying.....
Edited by Taelyn, Dec 13 2009, 05:26 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Dec 13 2009, 05:20 PM
six
ladyofthelake
six

Well, since this section of DR itself is called "Weekly Previews,Spoilers & Articles"

One should not be surprised or upset about seeing a spoiler. Otherwise a person stays in "Spoiler Free" areas.

And besides... Galen never said Anna by name.. He was asked in general about his suspicions regarding James's or Stephano's possible involvement.. All he said was something in regard to James acting strange and also his sister in law. As this info is published and out in the soap press and internet he is not "Leaking" anything that he shouldnt be as its already *Out There*

Certainly if a person wants to remain totally spoiler free, to the point that they dont even want to know if there is exciting story coming, Or hear teases about ongoing stories then they would not hang around DR (A known spoiler site) nor listen to interviews from a soap show. Since that is what the subject of the interview usually talks about.

Just saying.....
On my computer it's called "DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion." Some come for all three of these things, but not everyone does. Some come to gather spoilers but take them back to non "no holds barred boards" for the discussion. Some just come for the discussion. There might even be some people who only come for the news. If you'd like to discuss Days without the hand-holding nanny rules that plague other soap boards, this is where you go. There is no spoiler free section of this board. If you go into the current days discussion thread, you'll see a staff member reminding people to use spoiler tags, so it's not like DR doesn't attempt to make the discussion thread on this board hospitable for the spoiler free.

Not going to go back and forth on the spoiler/teaser "what did he give away" stuff, because there's nothing else to say that hasn't been said.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

We tried having the Days Weekly Discussion threads in the General Soap Discussion section it didn't get as many responses or hits there. I must admit that we were a bit conflicted about moving it back to this section due to the spoilers issue.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn

I'm going to go ahead and assume you meant his suspicion's about EJ and not James - and that EJ was acting strangely. ;)

My point earlier was simply that it doesn't matter whether he said Anna's name - if he referred to EJ's sister-in-law she's the only one he has that the audience knows of. The reason it struck me as odd was the fact that he referred to her as his sister in law rather than just saying her name. If it's okay to put it out there now, and that does seem to be the case, I just thought it odd that he handled that way. In my heart of hearts, I suppose it gives me a tiny bit of hope that Tony won't be far behind her...although the cynic in me doubts that is the case.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind it if they revealed that the REAL Tony faked his death to get away from all the Dimera insanity, and back to the kind of relaxing life he had on that island except this time with Anna. If that was the case I'm not sure Anna would be doing this though.

Taelyn

six
Dec 13 2009, 06:02 PM
Taelyn
six
ladyofthelake

Just saying.....
On my computer it's called "DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion." Some come for all three of these things, but not everyone does. Some come to gather spoilers but take them back to non "no holds barred boards" for the discussion. Some just come for the discussion. There might even be some people who only come for the news. If you'd like to discuss Days without the hand-holding nanny rules that plague other soap boards, this is where you go. There is no spoiler free section of this board. If you go into the current days discussion thread, you'll see a staff member reminding people to use spoiler tags, so it's not like DR doesn't attempt to make the discussion thread on this board hospitable for the spoiler free.

Not going to go back and forth on the spoiler/teaser "what did he give away" stuff, because there's nothing else to say that hasn't been said.
Exactly, I agree.. anyone should expect to see Spoilers, Discussions, and Previews.. Since this site does not employ the spoiler button as others do Its pretty clear what you might be exposed to.. I see no reason for any members to cry foul when a teaser or even a spoiler is exposed here.

And your also right that its been discussed to death as its truly a non-issue.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

We have a Spoiler Tag button not many choose to use it though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply