Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen Gering to Appear on BuzzWorthy Radio; Friday, Dec. 11 at 4 PM ET!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2009, 10:52 PM (5,700 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

What do you mean by this site not having a spoiler button?

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Dec 13 2009, 07:24 PM
six
Dec 13 2009, 06:02 PM
Taelyn
Dec 13 2009, 05:20 PM
six
Dec 13 2009, 01:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdo. Nor does him not using the name give him a pass, since for all intents and purposes, EJ only has one sister in law. Yes, fans do run the risk of inconsiderate people sharing spoilers in interviews or threads where they might not be expected, instead of using tags or warnings beforehand. He spoiled a reveal, and when you do that without warning, you run the risk of people disliking it - it's called "spoiling" for a reason. Case closed. ;)
Well, since this section of DR itself is called "Weekly Previews,Spoilers & Articles"

One should not be surprised or upset about seeing a spoiler. Otherwise a person stays in "Spoiler Free" areas.

And besides... Galen never said Anna by name.. He was asked in general about his suspicions regarding James's or Stephano's possible involvement.. All he said was something in regard to James acting strange and also his sister in law. As this info is published and out in the soap press and internet he is not "Leaking" anything that he shouldnt be as its already *Out There*

Certainly if a person wants to remain totally spoiler free, to the point that they dont even want to know if there is exciting story coming, Or hear teases about ongoing stories then they would not hang around DR (A known spoiler site) nor listen to interviews from a soap show. Since that is what the subject of the interview usually talks about.

Just saying.....
On my computer it's called "DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion." Some come for all three of these things, but not everyone does. Some come to gather spoilers but take them back to non "no holds barred boards" for the discussion. Some just come for the discussion. There might even be some people who only come for the news. If you'd like to discuss Days without the hand-holding nanny rules that plague other soap boards, this is where you go. There is no spoiler free section of this board. If you go into the current days discussion thread, you'll see a staff member reminding people to use spoiler tags, so it's not like DR doesn't attempt to make the discussion thread on this board hospitable for the spoiler free.

Not going to go back and forth on the spoiler/teaser "what did he give away" stuff, because there's nothing else to say that hasn't been said.
Exactly, I agree.. anyone should expect to see Spoilers, Discussions, and Previews.. Since this site does not employ the spoiler button as others do Its pretty clear what you might be exposed to.. I see no reason for any members to cry foul when a teaser or even a spoiler is exposed here.

And your also right that its been discussed to death as its truly a non-issue.
Right there in the post you quoted, you've got me talking about a staff member asking folks to use a spoiler tag, so...yea.

justforfun

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 08:20 AM
angmc
Dec 13 2009, 02:13 AM
Manda1
Dec 13 2009, 12:19 AM
Halloween Family
Dec 12 2009, 10:30 PM
How is Anna Rafe's sister in law? I'm assuming we are looking at Safe pseudo-married so Anna would be Rafe's stepmother in law and that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe GG meant Carrie or less likely Belle. Or did he mean Ej's siste in law? I'm confused.
GG didn't refer to Anna by name in the interview he mentioned EJ's sister in law...
And what other sister-in-law does EJ have that anyone would even know? :eyeroll: Unless you're new to the show everyone would deduce it's Anna since they never focused on Benji's wife. I'm just assuming that GG didn't say her by name because he couldn't remember it.
Don't you think that most people who would be listening to this podcast probably frequent boards, too, and already know that Anna is the mystery person? It just seems like a lot of trying to find things wrong with Galen. He's not my favorite actor, but man..........this is reminiscent of the nitpicking done every time Bryan Datillo has an interview. :huh:
Your general long-term viewer probably doesn't even listen to podcasts or read boards. Shoot, they probably don't even read SOD.

thank you for posting this - ITA!!!

daisy132

GG is an arrogant jerk. He knows his job is secure because of GT, so he just doesn't give a sh** about viewers that don't like his character or Safe. To tell fanbases to just give up because Safe is here to stay, and to "calm down", is just rude. I now hate his character even more, and personally I see no reason to watch the show anymore, since Safe makes me puke. :puke:
Edited by daisy132, Dec 14 2009, 11:50 AM.

TINA222
Member Avatar

He is a jerk but what he is saying is true. I would rather know than sit around clueless and naive. Being played by the writers. I believe Safe is what the writers want. :puke: :puke: :puke: They will play with the Ejami fans and throw them crumbs. Ejami fans will fall for it. They have so far. They are just playing with the fan base at this point. Galen knows whose butt they kiss and where their heads are at. Whose the favorite and who gets screwed. I may not like him but he is right at ground zero. As you said his job is secure and he doesnt give a shit if he pisses off certain fans. They are insignifant because he knows the writers see them that way. So he is just mirroring what he sees and hears. I see no reason he would need to lie. He is getting everything he wants. Wanting to kick people when they are down makes him a fucking douchbag though.
Edited by TINA222, Dec 14 2009, 12:13 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

How is GG saying Safe will be together and other fan bases should give up any different than JS telling his fans that Ejami are inevitable, and that EJami fans will get their payoff in 2010? Its not. I am not a GG fan, but he is just doing what the guys (it seems) are supposed to do .. pimp their coupling. Ali stays neutral and the guys egg the fan bases on ... tptb are loving it.

TINA222
Member Avatar

He could say it in a differnt way. Telling fans to calm down and basically to give up. That is crossing the line. He can promote Safe all he wants just that other stuff. No. just no. Its crossing the line. I dont get why he feels the need to go there. He is getting everything he wants and Tomlin kisses his ass. He should be happy. Empathy doesnt seem to be his strong suit. Feels like someone has gotten a big head and buys into tommy his kiss butt.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Then why listen to what he says? I dont get how his interview is different then when others are pimping their couple?

Some EJ & Sami fans get mad because he said that SAFE is the couple and why try. You know he said that to get you guys upset, and its working.

Its not worth getting upset each and every time an actor is going to say something that you dont want to hear. Just take it with a grain or salt. I used to get mad, but I realize that TPTB are going to write for whomever they want.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Liz<3Days
Dec 14 2009, 12:48 PM
Then why listen to what he says? I dont get how his interview is different then when others are pimping their couple?

Some EJ & Sami fans get mad because he said that SAFE is the couple and why try. You know he said that to get you guys upset, and its working.

Its not worth getting upset each and every time an actor is going to say something that you dont want to hear. Just take it with a grain or salt. I used to get mad, but I realize that TPTB are going to write for whomever they want.
I can't speak for all EJami fans, but perhaps some of those fans are upset because like Daisy stated above, they've finally come to the realization that TPTB don't value their viewership and never have. GG's interview, which I didn't listen to because I have no interest in that actor, from what I've read pretty much reinforced that POV that some EJamis have suspected but never wanted to acknowledge. People have been telling us for ages that there's no way in hell Days will do an EJami story and that TPTB don't give a shit about their viewership. Maybe those fans finally are beginning to accept that as fact and it hurts to realize something like that -- a lot. GG's words helped that along whether he intended to or not.

I accepted this in July 2008. I knew something was up then. I kept watching though, hoping for the best, but the best never came. I only watched out of being a fan of James and Ali, but eventually, that wasn't enough. There's a woman on Twitter, Judi something or other, who seemed to take mad delight in deflating EJami fans at every opportunity. That was another clue that TPTB couldn't care less about whether these fans watch or not, which is fine. It's better to be honest and in-your-face than to keep stringing fans along. Then it's up to them to decide to stick it out or to make a change.

For me, once my EJami blinders came off, my blinders about the rest of the show came off too and I came to the conclusion that I had been enduring Days of our Lives for years rather than actually enjoying it. I made a change in August, stopped watching Days and took a chance with another soap that is universally reviled and criticized, and lo and behold, I actually found myself in spite of its many faults, enjoying this new-to-me soap opera, something that I hadn't experienced in years. So for me, losing the hope of EJami has worked out for the best -- I found a new soap opera home. I have no wish to revisit watching Days again. I watched the babyswitch ending -- Sami slapping Nicole was so satisfying -- but after that, I was done. The only thing I wonder about Days nowadays is whether EJ will ever be written well because I adore James Scott. The writing still looks bleak for EJ's character, but what's new? He'll never be written well.

In any case, EJami fans have a right to get upset and express it. But I think the days of whining about it are coming to an end. Mine did and I am much happier for it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

So not getting the couple you want is an indication the show doesn't value your viewership? I have liked a number of couples and potential couples that either didn't last or never came together (Bo and Billie, Shawn and Mimi, Philip and Chloe, to name a few), but I didn't feel like TPTB were giving me their collective finger. That's kind of the way life works--sometimes you get what you want and a lot of times you don't. The show has its independent research and ratings to rely on to figure out what's working and what isn't.

I think the way the show sent off John and Marlena and Steve and Kayla is far more egregious and far more indicative of a "fuck you, viewers" attitude than not putting any particular couple together. I don't like the way the show handled its firings and exit, uh, "stories" for those popular veterans. But as far as being offended and personally singled out because you didn't get or don't think you're going to get your couple, that I don't understand. I don't think the show should be obligated to any particular fanbase. In an ensemble show, there are always going to be stories, characters and couples I'm not interested in or actively dislike, but usually there's something to keep me hanging around. For every fanbase that's happy there's one (or more) that's pissed off; not every fanbase can be pleased, and sometimes yours is the odd one out.

daisy132

Paxton
Dec 14 2009, 01:52 PM
So not getting the couple you want is an indication the show doesn't value your viewership? I have liked a number of couples and potential couples that either didn't last or never came together (Bo and Billie, Shawn and Mimi, Philip and Chloe, to name a few), but I didn't feel like TPTB were giving me their collective finger. That's kind of the way life works--sometimes you get what you want and a lot of times you don't. The show has its independent research and ratings to rely on to figure out what's working and what isn't.

I think the way the show sent off John and Marlena and Steve and Kayla is far more egregious and far more indicative of a "fuck you, viewers" attitude than not putting any particular couple together. I don't like the way the show handled its firings and exit, uh, "stories" for those popular veterans. But as far as being offended and personally singled out because you didn't get or don't think you're going to get your couple, that I don't understand. I don't think the show should be obligated to any particular fanbase. In an ensemble show, there are always going to be stories, characters and couples I'm not interested in or actively dislike, but usually there's something to keep me hanging around. For every fanbase that's happy there's one (or more) that's pissed off; not every fanbase can be pleased, and sometimes yours is the odd one out.
I agree about the vets. That was an insult to long-time viewers, especially the older ones. Days seems to want to cater to the young crowd right now - the future.

As for fanbases, they usually give them a period of time with their favorite couple. Lumi got more than a decade of an on and off relationship, Billie and Bo, Shawn and Mimi, Philip and Chloe - they all had their run for a while. Not long term, some longer than others, but they had their run. Our fanbase IS singled out. They brought an untalented bore to replace Lumi and Ejami at the same time. And he shouts from the top of his lungs that he and his couple is here to stay.
Edited by daisy132, Dec 14 2009, 02:03 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I don't particularly care for GG's character but I have nothing against the actor. I think he is doing his job and this isn't the first time that he's told Ejami fans something similar to Safe is endgame and cool it....he pokes at Lumi's too on twitter....so what else is new...

If any one of us actually believes that ANY couple except Bope is endgame then we have really had our head in our asses way too long. Sami's love life has kept us entertained for the better part of 17 years now....what will ever change? NOTHING! let's face it....Sami is happy now with Rafe until she finds out about his past...at which point it will come out and she'll likely be drawn toward EJ who will be fooling around with Arianna who will be trying to make Brady jealous...then Emily will come back from the not so dead past and hook up with Lucas who will send Sami in a jealous frenzy his way....this is the Days of Sami Brady's Love life....let us all remember that!

TINA222
Member Avatar

No stringing fans along and playing them. If they would just be honest and stop throwing those crumbs. I bet Ejami fans would be upset but at least that would be honest. I think that is all they want. For the writers to play straight with them and stop dangling Ejami hope in front of them. From Galen's own mouth he said the writers play fan bases. Maybe they should concentrate on writing good storylines instead playing games.

aimees76
Member Avatar

TINA222
Dec 14 2009, 12:38 PM
He could say it in a differnt way. Telling fans to calm down and basically to give up. That is crossing the line. He can promote Safe all he wants just that other stuff. No. just no. Its crossing the line. I dont get why he feels the need to go there. He is getting everything he wants and Tomlin kisses his ass. He should be happy. Empathy doesnt seem to be his strong suit. Feels like someone has gotten a big head and buys into tommy his kiss butt.
Hey, at least he didn't flip off your fan base or desecrate your fan site's logo. All he did was make a little tongue in cheek joke. Its not that big of a deal. I, obviously, am not a Rafe/Safe fan but his comments don't bother me at all. I think he is harmless and just having a good time with the fan bases stuff.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Im not an Ejami fan. :lol: So I have no dog in this fight. I think fan base wars are stupid and pointless.
Edited by TINA222, Dec 14 2009, 02:27 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paxton
Dec 14 2009, 01:52 PM

Eh, it's my opinion about the viewership. I'll admit whole heartedly, the only reason I started watching Days again in 2006 was for EJami. I had quit the show after the Alex North fiasco. That was the last straw I thought.

But I was flipping channels one day, saw the scene between Sami and EJ on their initial meeting and thought, hmmmm, maybe I will watch this again. Pretty superficial when you think about it, but it got me hooked into the show again.

If I had known what was to come, I would have kept channel surfing. In hindsight, I kind of wish that I had.

I see what you're saying though. The vets were treated like crap. Other couples too. But EJami . . . let's just say the way the show has handled itself in that case nearly turned me off from soap operas altogether. All I wanted as a fan was a chance. That's it. Pretty simple. Didn't get one. And like you said, that's life on a soap.

Now that I think about it though, the soap that I watch now, I don't watch for a particular couple. I watch the entire show. I have grown to have some favorites but no one makes or breaks the show for me. It's a better way of watching, I think.

So perhaps, for me, I was never truly a Days' fan, although back in the Pat Falken Smith days and for a few years after, Days of our Lives was my top soap opera. I loved everything about it then.

But from 2006 on, I watched hoping for something the show never gave me.

So I gave up.

End of story.
Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

TINA222
Dec 14 2009, 02:22 PM
Im not an Ejami fan.
Then you'll understand that what he did isn't really a big deal. Actors make sarcastic interviews all the time....let's see what comes out later today and what James says...I hear he is having a chat....let's see what comes out of that....any takers he'll tell all his EJami fans that Ejami is endgame....notice how he set up his chat after GG's and I think BD is due for a chat soon too.....

daisy132

LuvingLumi
Dec 14 2009, 02:27 PM
TINA222
Im not an Ejami fan.
Then you'll understand that what he did isn't really a big deal. Actors make sarcastic interviews all the time....let's see what comes out later today and what James says...I hear he is having a chat....let's see what comes out of that....any takers he'll tell all his EJami fans that Ejami is endgame....notice how he set up his chat after GG's and I think BD is due for a chat soon too.....
You know how much I love Ejami. I would rather see Lumi as the endgame than Safe. I despised them to begin with, now I will never watch them.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

daisy132
Dec 14 2009, 02:35 PM
LuvingLumi
TINA222
Im not an Ejami fan.
You know how much I love Ejami. I would rather see Lumi as the endgame than Safe. I despised them to begin with, now I will never watch them.
At least Lumi had a story.....Safe has nothing.....but why is everyone taking what GG said as gospel? Is it any different than BD saying that "you never know with Lumi" or "pretty soon he'll storm in punch Ej and Rafe and claim his woman!" that is sort of the same than James saying, "Watch this space" or "the best is yet to come"....they all do this....it's keeping us all watching and hoping and waiting...in the end they need us all to tune in...and the only ones they appear to have really lost lately is Lumi because they aren't even writing Lucas in let alone Lumi...so hopefully maybe pretty soon Lumi's will get some scenes....it's been since late September...the last Lumi scene that is.....

daisy132

LuvingLumi
Dec 14 2009, 02:39 PM
daisy132
Dec 14 2009, 02:35 PM
LuvingLumi
TINA222
Im not an Ejami fan.
At least Lumi had a story.....Safe has nothing.....but why is everyone taking what GG said as gospel? Is it any different than BD saying that "you never know with Lumi" or "pretty soon he'll storm in punch Ej and Rafe and claim his woman!" that is sort of the same than James saying, "Watch this space" or "the best is yet to come"....they all do this....it's keeping us all watching and hoping and waiting...in the end they need us all to tune in...and the only ones they appear to have really lost lately is Lumi because they aren't even writing Lucas in let alone Lumi...so hopefully maybe pretty soon Lumi's will get some scenes....it's been since late September...the last Lumi scene that is.....
What GG said is different - he actually said that Safe IS the endgame and "we'd better get used to it and calm down". His exact words.

James and BD hint at possibilities, don't come out and right out say it. Sure James says "watch this space" - it's like saying watch the show. I don't believe that he ever said that Ejami is the endgame. He said that there will be a payoff, but not that it's the endgame. And that could just mean another love scene like the one in May of 2008.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply