Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen Gering to Appear on BuzzWorthy Radio; Friday, Dec. 11 at 4 PM ET!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2009, 10:52 PM (5,741 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Anyone that watches this show for just one particular couple is going to be disappointed at some point. I am a fan of the whole show and like many of the characters, so there is always something for me to enjoy.

The actors don't have any idea how things are going to end up. Things can change at any time. Promoting their storyline and coupling is normal. It shouldn't be taken so seriously.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 14 2009, 02:48 PM
Anyone that watches this show for just one particular couple is going to be disappointed at some point. I am a fan of the whole show and like many of the characters, so there is always something for me to enjoy.

The actors don't have any idea how things are going to end up. Things can change at any time. Promoting their storyline and coupling is normal. It shouldn't be taken so seriously.
I couldn't agree more. The main reason I get riled up about Lumi is because they are the only couple I have left ... such as they are. Alll my other faves are gone. Steve and Kayla, Jack and Jen, Shawn and Belle ... even Nick and Chelsea *sniff* :(
But yeah, I am a general fan, and have been for over 25 years. If I were not, I would have quit the show way back when ....
I don't believe that the actors know "the endgame" any more than the writers do ... I think everything is at a whim these days.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 14 2009, 02:27 PM
TINA222
Dec 14 2009, 02:22 PM
Im not an Ejami fan.
Then you'll understand that what he did isn't really a big deal. Actors make sarcastic interviews all the time....let's see what comes out later today and what James says...I hear he is having a chat....let's see what comes out of that....any takers he'll tell all his EJami fans that Ejami is endgame....notice how he set up his chat after GG's and I think BD is due for a chat soon too.....
I'll bet someone $10 he uses the word "inevitable." JS's chats and interviews get a similar response, but not quite as strong...mostly IMO because a lot of them are only for EJ/EJAMI fans (lame).

lysie
Member Avatar

daisy132
Dec 14 2009, 02:46 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 14 2009, 02:39 PM
daisy132
Dec 14 2009, 02:35 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 14 2009, 02:27 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You know how much I love Ejami. I would rather see Lumi as the endgame than Safe. I despised them to begin with, now I will never watch them.
At least Lumi had a story.....Safe has nothing.....but why is everyone taking what GG said as gospel? Is it any different than BD saying that "you never know with Lumi" or "pretty soon he'll storm in punch Ej and Rafe and claim his woman!" that is sort of the same than James saying, "Watch this space" or "the best is yet to come"....they all do this....it's keeping us all watching and hoping and waiting...in the end they need us all to tune in...and the only ones they appear to have really lost lately is Lumi because they aren't even writing Lucas in let alone Lumi...so hopefully maybe pretty soon Lumi's will get some scenes....it's been since late September...the last Lumi scene that is.....
What GG said is different - he actually said that Safe IS the endgame and "we'd better get used to it and calm down". His exact words.

James and BD hint at possibilities, don't come out and right out say it. Sure James says "watch this space" - it's like saying watch the show. I don't believe that he ever said that Ejami is the endgame. He said that there will be a payoff, but not that it's the endgame. And that could just mean another love scene like the one in May of 2008.
James has come right out and said some things. He said something about it being obvious that that's where the writing is going, and all his inevitable talk. It's not exactly the same as endgame, but it's more than hinting.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

TINA222
Dec 14 2009, 02:22 PM
I think fan base wars are stupid and pointless.
I agree with that part of your post 100%.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

aimees76
Dec 14 2009, 02:18 PM
TINA222
Dec 14 2009, 12:38 PM
He could say it in a differnt way. Telling fans to calm down and basically to give up. That is crossing the line. He can promote Safe all he wants just that other stuff. No. just no. Its crossing the line. I dont get why he feels the need to go there. He is getting everything he wants and Tomlin kisses his ass. He should be happy. Empathy doesnt seem to be his strong suit. Feels like someone has gotten a big head and buys into tommy his kiss butt.
Hey, at least he didn't flip off your fan base or desecrate your fan site's logo. All he did was make a little tongue in cheek joke. Its not that big of a deal. I, obviously, am not a Rafe/Safe fan but his comments don't bother me at all. I think he is harmless and just having a good time with the fan bases stuff.
I was waiting for that to get brought up. ;)

I do think GG could have a bit more tact about things (not just this interview, I also saw some picture on Ali's twitter recently with her getting some cake Lumi fans sent in and then there's GG in the picture giving it a thumbs down which I thought was kind of obnoxious), but at the same time, I know JS has pissed off Lumi fans with whatever happened in Greenville and BD pissed off EJami fans back in the day too with the "eat their young" comment. It's just the nature of the beast and it seems these guys unfortunately really need to feed the frenzy of their fans to ensure they don't get passed over or forgotten and then get taken off the show.

Really though, if GG wants to put all his eggs for the Rafe character in the Safe basket that's fine. He just loses me as a potential fan when believe it or not, despite how much I can't stand the Rafe character, I really did like Luis as dumb as he was and enjoyed GG on Passions with Sheridan at the beginning and Fancy at the end.

michelle
Member Avatar

If GG were to be offered a major movie role tomorrow that would put him off the radar for DAYS for 6 months and the show let him out of his contract, there would be no endgame for Safe (I know this is a stretch, but my initial reaction was if he got hit by a bus, but I thought it would be better to keep things positive!). This being true for every actor on the show...

Anything can change at any time. Don't trust the writers, actors, producers, etc. Any of them could get fired tomorrow and the show could go in an entirely new direction.
Edited by michelle, Dec 14 2009, 03:42 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Dec 14 2009, 02:48 PM

I agree. These days with so many triangles and quads, someone has to lose.

Quote:

believe it or not, despite how much I can't stand the Rafe character, I really did like Luis as dumb as he was and enjoyed GG on Passions with Sheridan at the beginning and Fancy at the end.
Me too, oddly enough.

Ponz
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 14 2009, 03:22 PM
I do think GG could have a bit more tact about things (not just this interview, I also saw some picture on Ali's twitter recently with her getting some cake Lumi fans sent in and then there's GG in the picture giving it a thumbs down which I thought was kind of obnoxious), but at the same time, I know JS has pissed off Lumi fans with whatever happened in Greenville and BD pissed off EJami fans back in the day too with the "eat their young" comment. It's just the nature of the beast and it seems these guys unfortunately really need to feed the frenzy of their fans to ensure they don't get passed over or forgotten and then get taken off the show.

I don't know any Lumi fan who was offended by Galen's expression. It was obviously intended as a playful jab or else Ali wouldn't have posted the picture. There's no comparison between that and vandalising the logo of a contributing sponsor at a charity event.

As for Bryan's comment, he offered a full public apology for any offence caused and has interacted positively with Ejami fans since. JS responded to the Greenville incident by sneering that "it's just a soap" and has made zero effort to make amends for his crass behaviour.

lysie
Member Avatar

I tend to think a lot of the things that are said about what the actors do at the events are taken out of context by the opposing fanbases. Plus...fans lie. And make up stuff. I tried to point this out a few months ago to one fanbase, and they could only grasp that the opposing fanbase would be capable of doing it. Anyway, I feel like James and Galen both only hang out or do things for their own fanbases and fans. They don't seem to recognize the rest of the show. Not that they should be popping up in other places, but the impression I get from both of them is that they are the only ones who matter. I don't get that impression from Bryan or even Ali.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Dec 14 2009, 04:34 PM
I tend to think a lot of the things that are said about what the actors do at the events are taken out of context by the opposing fanbases. Plus...fans lie. And make up stuff.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. GG's interview sounds very much like the chat he (and others) did for on-line fans in Boston. The comments and humor are very similar. I think he was poking fun, being sarcastic and it shouldn't be taken as gospel. I was there in Boston and it was clear that he was goading other fans - but I think he was doing it good naturedly.

I was also in Greenville and saw what was an innocent incident blown completely out of proportion, as well. Fortunately the witch hunt that ensued afterward was given the attention it deserved - almost none.

As far as actors reaching out to their specific fan groups - that just makes sense to me. I think most of them do that. But one only needs to attend a few fan events to quickly realize that they are all generally very gracious and approachable to all the fans there. I've never seen an actor stick strictly to 'their' fans and at the two events I've been to where we did online chats every single one of the actors was very generous with their time and were so much fun to interact with.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ponz
Dec 14 2009, 04:25 PM
IMissAremid
Dec 14 2009, 03:22 PM

I don't know any Lumi fan who was offended by Galen's expression. It was obviously intended as a playful jab or else Ali wouldn't have posted the picture. There's no comparison between that and vandalising the logo of a contributing sponsor at a charity event.

As for Bryan's comment, he offered a full public apology for any offence caused and has interacted positively with Ejami fans since. JS responded to the Greenville incident by sneering that "it's just a soap" and has made zero effort to make amends for his crass behaviour.
Quoted for truth.

Nicole Walker

GG never said Safe WAS endgame. He said he THINKS they will ultimately be together. I also don't see what he did wrong. I thought he was fine in the interview.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Dec 14 2009, 06:01 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

aimees76
Dec 14 2009, 05:49 PM
Quoted for truth.
Ahh, but the Truth is relative and based on perspective.

honestly after reading this and other threads related to his interview, I decided to listen to GG and found many of the 'offensive' remarks to be taken out of context. I think GG likes to poke fun at the fan bases and he seems basically good-natured, but it might be our shared love of a cocktail which won me over. :drunk:
Edited by mer4santo, Dec 15 2009, 03:16 AM.

BasicBlackTS08

ok, ya'll need to understand, I was one of the one who helped send that cake in question. I helped start the fan board that did it. We did not in any way shape or form take what Galen did in the same manor as we took what James Scott did. James Scott insulted us, it was very obvious that GG was playing around and Ali Sweeney even said that's what he was doing, so we took absolutely no offense to what GG did. GG has been absolutely sweet to Lumi fans, just as Bryan has been sweet to other fans as well. I know this bc I have witnessed it first hand. I have attended an fan event and saw Bryan being nice to several other fan bases. I have two autistic people in my house to take care of, so kindly start spreading the truth for a change instead of talking about something that some obviously know little about. I have more to do with my time then come in here and deal with absolute stupidity. The only problem people have with Galen Gering, is that he keeps Ejami apart. I love and adore Bryan, Lucas and Lumi. I am a die hard fan. But I also know when people are jokng and when they are serious. I know the gal who snapped the pic of James bad behavior and she just happened to be taking a picture at a fan event. It was someone else, not even a Lumi, who pointed out what James was doing. So kindly don't talk about Bryan, Lucas and Lumi fans as if we have no brains and we are stupid. We are very smart, educated people. We just like who we like and don't give a frig about the rest. So please get over this and move on to more note worthy topics. This whole thing just peeved me off and I came in to set the record straight. So make sure all the spies report everything accurately on twitter and other boards. Yes, I am a little aggravated but I have a right to be. This is stupid when I have more important things to be doing. None of you know the Lumi's, so please stop acting like you do. I am so over this Lumi/Ejami crap.
Edited by BasicBlackTS08, Dec 16 2009, 03:09 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

alwaysalumifan
Dec 16 2009, 02:54 PM
ok, ya'll need to understand, I was one of the one who helped send that cake in question. I helped start the fan board that did it. We did not in any way shape or form take what Galen did in the same manor as we took what James Scott did. James Scott insulted us, it was very obvious that GG was playing around and Ali Sweeney even said that's what he was doing, so we took absolutely no offense to what GG did. GG has been absolutely sweet to Lumi fans, just as Bryan has been sweet to other fans as well. I know this bc I have witnessed it first hand. I have two autistic people in my house to take care of, so kindly start spreading the truth for a change instead of talking about something that some obviously know little about. I have more to do with my time then come in here and deal with absolute stupidity. The only problem people have with Galen Gering, is that he keeps Ejami apart. I love and adore Bryan, Lucas and Lumi. I am a die hard fan. But I also know when people are joikng and when they are serious. I know the gal who snapped the pic of James bad behavior and she just happened to be taking a picture at a fan event. It was someone else, not even a Lumi, who pointed out what James was doing. So kindly don't talk about Bryan, Lucas and Lumi fans as if we have no brains and we are stupid. We are very smart, educated people. We just like who we like and don't give a frig about the rest. So please get over this and move on to more not worthy topics. This whole thing just peeved me off and I came in to set the record straight. So make sure all the spies report everything accurately on twitter and other boards. Yes, I am a little aggravated but I have a right to be. This is stupid when I have more important things to be doing. None of you know the Lumi's, so please stop acting like you do. I am so over this Lumi/Ejami crap.
Who said anything bad about fans of Lumi in this thread? People have a right to think that things that happen at fan events can be blown out of proportion, added to, perceived differently, etc. It was said that ALL fan bases are capable of it; not just fans of Lucas/Sami. Coming here and calling people stupid is uncalled for. State your opinion and give your side of the story without insulting other posters.

BasicBlackTS08

No, I didn't call anyone stupid, I said, this is stupid.."This is stupid when I have more important things to be doing. None of you know the Lumi's, so please stop acting like you do. I am so over this Lumi/Ejami crap. " I never called anyone stupid, but rather meant that the topic was stupid. I don't understand where you get that I am calling anyone stupid. I was reffering to the situation, not the other posters. I am not trying to offend or be rude, just trying to clear up what was intended. I also know that people are spreading this all over the net and calling Lumi's stupid bc of this thread. That is where that is coming from. That I should have made clear and for that I apologize.
Edited by BasicBlackTS08, Dec 16 2009, 03:23 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The comment about coming in here and dealing with absolute stupidity sounds like calling people stupid to me. They may be saying stuff around other boards, but I don't see it in this thread is all I am saying.

BasicBlackTS08

oh and to make it even more clear, I mean that the whole thing is blown out of proportion about the cake, perhaps that would be better wording then stupid at all. I was pretty aggravated reading the posts about all this. A gal is only human you know, and sometimes things can be easily misunderstood on the net. So that being said, I hope that this clears everything up.

BasicBlackTS08

ok, now I get where you are coming from. No, that was not the intent. I was definetly meaning the situation, not the people.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply