Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 7th - Dec. 11th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2009, 06:37 PM (6,046 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives
Dec 7 - Dec 11

Discuss :)

Classic clip: Larry frames Lexie (2002)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Damn you Days!

The more I see the old Salem University set the madder I get about them dumping it. The old hospital set as old as it was still looked 100% better then the craptastic Titan/Hospital mishmash we're stuck with now.

Mason
Member Avatar

Rhi
Dec 7 2009, 02:44 PM
Damn you Days!

The more I see the old Salem University set the madder I get about them dumping it. The old hospital set as old as it was still looked 100% better then the craptastic Titan/Hospital mishmash we're stuck with now.
WORD.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mason
Dec 7 2009, 03:02 PM
Rhi
Damn you Days!

WORD.
quoted for truth

cassie1013

They're so cheap that the old Kiriakis mansion has become part of the Hospital? Where?

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Ari has some balls whining to Brady about their relationship when he's busy trying to right a wrong with trying to find Sydney.

Normally, I hate abusive EJ or EJerk but I found myself in his corner when he said to Nicole "I'm going to kill you!"

Looks like Cleveland PD is MORE incompetent than the SPD. And SPD is pretty bad when their undercovers are people like Ari and Lucas.

Did Carly run over Mia and Melanie's puppy? Shit, they layed it on thick with the fake conflict stuff. Melanie does look similar to Carly, I'm think the doctor should be someone lighter complected, ie not Dr. Dan.

I'm enjoying Maggie running a house for wayward girls, she has a heartwarming relationship with Mia and Melanie. I find myself hoping that Mia will call Mags mom.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I liked the Scenes at Maggie's flop house. Melanie's snarky remark to Carly that the name burn victim Melanie would do just fine, cracked me up. It made me think of some friend doll of Barbie's...kinda like growing up Skipper. lol....Anyone play with one of those as a kid? I did. The fact that she grew boobs with the crank of her arm made me so jealous. Parents threw a fit over this doll. It was pulled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvnmnygo2XE&feature=fvw

I love love loved Ej going off on Nicole. It was pretty comical...And Sami with her calm voice trying to sooth, that was of course anything but soothing. She sounded so stern and looked as though she was gonna bite the end of Nicole's nose off.

I wished so badly that Stefano would have had a fly swatter handy to tag Rafe in the face with...geeze, he annoys.

I love that Maggie is Salem's Mrs. Garrett. I do not like Melanie and I hate Mia, but I am liking this sl...Perhaps they will all grow on me...doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Hope is so obnoxious now. It is breaking my heart. I wanna see her mowed down by a bread truck. Why on earth are they writing her like this? Are they trying to make us dislike her so we will be ok if they pair Bo with Carly?

The show was ok...I hope sls pick up soon. Things are begining to drag for me. We need movement.

Edited by Red Mist, Dec 7 2009, 09:05 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Dec 7 2009, 09:05 PM
I liked the Scenes at Maggie's flop house.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kitkat
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Dec 7 2009, 07:02 PM
Ari has some balls whining to Brady about their relationship when he's busy trying to right a wrong with trying to find Sydney.

Normally, I hate abusive EJ or EJerk but I found myself in his corner when he said to Nicole "I'm going to kill you!"

Looks like Cleveland PD is MORE incompetent than the SPD. And SPD is pretty bad when their undercovers are people like Ari and Lucas.

Did Carly run over Mia and Melanie's puppy? Shit, they layed it on thick with the fake conflict stuff. Melanie does look similar to Carly, I'm think the doctor should be someone lighter complected, ie not Dr. Dan.

I'm enjoying Maggie running a house for wayward girls, she has a heartwarming relationship with Mia and Melanie. I find myself hoping that Mia will call Mags mom.
I didn't like that, if the man had screamed it twenty thousand times but never tried to kill someone. I would have been okay, but this man is homicidial. Yes, the only time he killed anyone or was responsible for a murder, was years ago. But since then, he's choked and joined with his father and hired a killer to kill someone.

And no, he wasn't trying to choke Nicole. But why does he feel the need to question someone by putting his hand to their throat.

Stefano is right he's got a bad bad temper. And yeah, my boy is obnoxious, I can't deny it.; But I do love it...

Can someone smack Melanie? Brady where are you when she needs someone to tell her when she's being a horse's ass.

cassie1013

Rhi
Damn you Days!

Fucking give me Salem Place, and I'll be happy with no Christmas presents!

OK, so that's not entirely true...but seriously, they need to revive that shit from the set-grave!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today's show was so slow...

First off, I wish that Nicole would have broken EJ's finger when he sticks it in her face like that. JS does threatening so much better when he isn't shaking or pointing his little finger or even strangling someone. Too OTT for me.

Knowing that Nicole loves EJ so much, there is no doubt that he could have batted his eyes at her and talked about her and Sydney and she would have crumbled. EJ of old could have made Nicole putty in his hands...and that also makes me think that EJ is behind the kidnapping as payback. That would just be so awesome!

And he looks like such an ass. Condemning Nicole for lying...from the lying master himself.
So much hypocracy in the show today.
Even without EJ and his holier than thou attitude, you have Rafe telling Stefano something along the lines of Ej not wanting Stefano around because he has done nothing but lie to him this past year! Hello, Rafe! You and Sami were lying to him so much longer.
And LOL about EJ telling Brady that Nicole fooled him the past year....Hello, EJ! Nicole fooled you too!
Too funny that Sami seems to be the only one who understands that Nicole is telling the truth.
The whole babyswitch is getting to be too drawnout and stupid. It is too the point where I don't care anymore who has Sydney. Definite fatigue here.

I hate Melanie's new little anti-Carly attitude. WhereTF did that come from?
Mia looked like she almost fell asleep during her scene with Carly. Think she is stoned?
Arianna is just annoying as hell with her "Nicole's lies are ruining everyone life" shit. I think she is just jealous that Nicole can actually keep a secret unlike Arianna who tells the entire town that she is a drug dealer. Oh and WTF with the makeup today. She looked clownish.
It's sad how much I hate Hope recently. Bo can do so much better than her little princess entitled ass.

Kind of dull show today even with all the action.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I'm beginning to feel like the writers are stealing dialogue for Stefano to insult Rafe with from Daytime Royalty. And you know what? I'm OK with that.

I watched this one (along with a couple other soaps) with my Mom today so I can't say I paid that much attention to his one as I spent most of this epi trying to explain the baby switch to her. Or who people were since throughout the day I think the only people she recognized were Tad, Erica, Stefano, Bo and Hope (and I guess she knew Alison Sweeney from Biggest Loser and was asking me why her hair and outfit was so weird on Days... wish I knew, Ma!) and she knew nothing about General Hospital being about the mob and she thought Jason Morgan was a cop. LOL.

Anyway... about DAYS...

After all the talk about EJ choking Nicole or whatever... I didn't find the big throat grab that menacing. Certainly today was nowhere near the top ten in EJ Wells/DiMera menacing throat grabs.

And after all of Sami's... no EJ! Stop! Don't!... my mom and I both laughed when EJ got up and Sami sat on the bed she went straight into bitch mode like it was her turn. Is it just me or are they kind of playing Sami all over the place right now? I mean... one minute she's saying she's going to kill Nicole and acting like it and the next she's all tolerant of her and shit. Even if Nicole supposedly had this big epiphany where she picked up the phone to call Sami like she was going to bring Sydney home, it's still not realistic IMO that Sami would be AT ALL sympathetic or patient with her after what's happened so I don't know why they are going back and forth with her on that.

After the last two days I never have any interest in Arianna and Brady in a romantic scene ever again. Even though it doesn't make sense, Brady's clearly Nicole's bitch FOR LIFE!!!

eta:

Oh and I almost forgot... Ciara was very AWWWW today and I actually liked Bope's scenes. The visit to Santa was a nice way of bringing up their ongoing dealing with the kidnapping aftermath. I know not that long ago I was raving about Barly's chem but dammit, Ciara and the scenes with her sold me on Bope again. I want that little girl to have her mommy and daddy back together by Christmas... well... Christmas 2010.
Edited by IMissAremid, Dec 8 2009, 01:04 AM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Oh and something else...

Here DOOL script writers, I've saved you the trouble of actually opening a thesaurus.

Quote:

Entry Word: jerk
Function: noun
Meaning: 1 a person whose behavior is offensive to others <his constant rudeness and insensitivity made everyone think he was a real jerk>
Synonyms beast, boor, cad, churl, clown, creep, cretin, cur, heel, joker, louse, lout, skunk, slob, snake, stinker
Related Words brute, Neanderthal, savage; rascal, rogue, scamp, villain; fool, jackass, nincompoop, nitwit; blockhead, dolt, goon, idiot

I know asshat, which AMC used recently, is probably a bit too risque language for DAYS and NBC daytime, but could ya at least find something else here to replace the "jerk" insult out of Rafe's and Brady's mouths every damn episode?

AlisonLou

I just read the Canadian day ahead and I've got to say the writing for the Bo/Hope storyline has just taken a really bad turn. How could Victor sit there while Vivian basically accused his son of having an affair and cheating on his wife? The worst part was he didn't even defend his son! I hope Bo kicks Victor to the curb and takes Ciara away from Victor. Bo hasn't seen Carly in 16 years! How could he have had an affair with her whilst she was married to Lawrence and him to Hope? It doesn't make sense! We all know it was Daniel she had the affair with! I can see it now. Hope's gonna think Bo cheated on her years ago with Carly and then she will cheat on Bo with Justin. How is this gonna be believeable to the audience? If they play this storyline this way they will lose a lot of viewers! This is just awful writing and the worst storyline for Bope!
Edited by AlisonLou, Dec 8 2009, 07:25 AM.

Harmony233

AlisonLou
Dec 8 2009, 07:24 AM
I just read the Canadian day ahead and I've got to say the writing for the Bo/Hope storyline has just taken a really bad turn. How could Victor sit there while Vivian basically accused his son of having an affair and cheating on his wife? The worst part was he didn't even defend his son! I hope Bo kicks Victor to the curb and takes Ciara away from Victor. Bo hasn't seen Carly in 16 years! How could he have had an affair with her whilst she was married to Lawrence and him to Hope? It doesn't make sense! We all know it was Daniel she had the affair with! I can see it now. Hope's gonna think Bo cheated on her years ago with Carly and then she will cheat on Bo with Justin. How is this gonna be believeable to the audience? If they play this storyline this way they will lose a lot of viewers! This is just awful writing and the worst storyline for Bope!
Yeah I read that too.I have no idea how that Victor and Vivian think the affair Carly had was with Bo.That just makes no sense.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Harmony233
Dec 8 2009, 09:59 AM
AlisonLou
Dec 8 2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah I read that too.I have no idea how that Victor and Vivian think the affair Carly had was with Bo.That just makes no sense.
It will play in because then Viv and Victor will think that Mia is Bo and Carly's kid....and Vivian will try to kill the kid or something...Victor tells Hope....Hope and Bo pull further apart...then it will be revealed that Bo is not the father but Daniel is....and that Mia is not the daughter but Melanie is....reuniting Bo and Hope and starting trouble in paradise for Dan and Chloe specially since Phillip appears to be hung up on Mel and he is Chloe's former lover...will we see Phloe reuniting again in the long run....maybe....this is so predictable....

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Dec 8 2009, 12:26 AM
Today's show was so slow...

First off, I wish that Nicole would have broken EJ's finger when he sticks it in her face like that. JS does threatening so much better when he isn't shaking or pointing his little finger or even strangling someone. Too OTT for me.

Knowing that Nicole loves EJ so much, there is no doubt that he could have batted his eyes at her and talked about her and Sydney and she would have crumbled. EJ of old could have made Nicole putty in his hands...and that also makes me think that EJ is behind the kidnapping as payback. That would just be so awesome!

And he looks like such an ass. Condemning Nicole for lying...from the lying master himself.
So much hypocracy in the show today.
Even without EJ and his holier than thou attitude, you have Rafe telling Stefano something along the lines of Ej not wanting Stefano around because he has done nothing but lie to him this past year! Hello, Rafe! You and Sami were lying to him so much longer.
And LOL about EJ telling Brady that Nicole fooled him the past year....Hello, EJ! Nicole fooled you too!
Too funny that Sami seems to be the only one who understands that Nicole is telling the truth.
The whole babyswitch is getting to be too drawnout and stupid. It is too the point where I don't care anymore who has Sydney. Definite fatigue here.

I hate Melanie's new little anti-Carly attitude. WhereTF did that come from?
Mia looked like she almost fell asleep during her scene with Carly. Think she is stoned?
Arianna is just annoying as hell with her "Nicole's lies are ruining everyone life" shit. I think she is just jealous that Nicole can actually keep a secret unlike Arianna who tells the entire town that she is a drug dealer. Oh and WTF with the makeup today. She looked clownish.
It's sad how much I hate Hope recently. Bo can do so much better than her little princess entitled ass.

Kind of dull show today even with all the action.
As much as it depresses me to admit it, I pretty much agree with every word of this post. EJ's ranting and raving is definitely growing old - and you're absolutely right. All he would have to do is change his tactic and manipulate Nicole in to believing that he still loves her and wants to help her and she'd be his for taking. Stupid, stupid writing. Not a fan of the way EJ's being written at this point. :shame:

Melanie and Mia - WTF? I don't really give a shit where Carly lives, but it certainly wasn't their place to run her out of Maggie's.

Arianna is very, very close to being just as boring and repetitive as her brother. Shocker, I know.

And WTF is up with Sami's hair? A pony tail should look casual, right? So why does it look like her hair has enough hairspray in it to make it a protective helmet?

six
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Dec 8 2009, 01:30 AM
Oh and something else...

Here DOOL script writers, I've saved you the trouble of actually opening a thesaurus.

Quote:

Entry Word: jerk
Function: noun
Meaning: 1 a person whose behavior is offensive to others <his constant rudeness and insensitivity made everyone think he was a real jerk>
Synonyms beast, boor, cad, churl, clown, creep, cretin, cur, heel, joker, louse, lout, skunk, slob, snake, stinker
Related Words brute, Neanderthal, savage; rascal, rogue, scamp, villain; fool, jackass, nincompoop, nitwit; blockhead, dolt, goon, idiot

I know asshat, which AMC used recently, is probably a bit too risque language for DAYS and NBC daytime, but could ya at least find something else here to replace the "jerk" insult out of Rafe's and Brady's mouths every damn episode?
They seem to get stuck on one word a lot, don't they. It's like a few weeks ago when everyone kept saying "pigheaded."

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yep - and for a while there "bitch" was the only word coming out of Victor's mouth.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

kitkat
Dec 7 2009, 09:47 PM
Halloween Family
Dec 7 2009, 07:02 PM

I didn't like that, if the man had screamed it twenty thousand times but never tried to kill someone. I would have been okay, but this man is homicidial. Yes, the only time he killed anyone or was responsible for a murder, was years ago. But since then, he's choked and joined with his father and hired a killer to kill someone.

And no, he wasn't trying to choke Nicole. But why does he feel the need to question someone by putting his hand to their throat.
EJerk isn't bothering me anymore because at least he has reason to do it know as opposed to before when he was in the dark. I can't help but think Nicole is a stupid bitch for thinking she had a Prince when she knew she had a frog, I guess she was blinded by him being a "chiseled god". Nicole was messing with a Dimera, a Dimera isn't going to take too kindly to being duped. I hope Nicole gets banished.

As for the choking thing...he wasn't trying to choke her but I thought it weird that he was resting his forearm on her chest. I guess choking is EJ's trademark move.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply