Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: Dec. 7th - Dec. 11th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2009, 06:37 PM (5,801 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 13 2009, 03:30 PM
Kenny
Dec 13 2009, 03:28 PM
You know, the more I see Sami in scenes with Rafe and EJ, the more I wonder why anybody roots for her to be with anyone.
I don't understand why anyone roots for her at all...
A-FUCKIN-MEN!

I'm at a lost in what people see in her? She wants everything without working for it, and then blames others in the process! Maybe they could have made her rootable if she never tried to pass off Rafe as the father of her baby? If they are trying to mold her into Marlena, having that whole scheme with Rafe was the wrong step and now as EJ is berating Brady and Nicole for lying to him about the baby, you see SAFE in the background, be a GLARING reminder that they did the same!

All I can is that I will be sooooo over the moon when TPTB stop putting her in the forefront in SLs because shes never been believable to me as anything other then the spiteful bitch looking at the window as others are happy but her!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
You know, the more I see Sami in scenes with Rafe and EJ, the more I wonder why anybody roots for her to be with anyone. I don't care how the writers try to mold the character. Sami Brady is not a rootable romantic heroine. Not in her truest form. I understand that she's "grown" and "evolved," but she's been with so many men at this point that I just don't care who she's with anymore.
Kenny, well said. I just don't care for her anymore. I could easily root for her as Stan and felt sorry for her a few years ago, but now..... :shrug:

Mason

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 03:58 PM
Kenny, well said. I just don't care for her anymore. I could easily root for her as Stan and felt sorry for her a few years ago, but now..... :shrug:
The writers don't seem to understand that the more they try to make Sami sympathetic, the less sympathetic she actually is.

six
Member Avatar

Kenny
You know, the more I see Sami in scenes with Rafe and EJ, the more I wonder why anybody roots for her to be with anyone. I don't care how the writers try to mold the character. Sami Brady is not a rootable romantic heroine. Not in her truest form. I understand that she's "grown" and "evolved," but she's been with so many men at this point that I just don't care who she's with anymore.
I didn't see "romantic heroine" for her, but had visions of a younger version of kefano, with either Brandon or EJ. I've accepted that the show's not going to let anyone young be happy in love without getting redeemed by it though :hmmph:
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 04:04 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I don't mind if Sami was redeemed by actions, or a revelation, or by burning someone, she got burned in the process. What bugs me is that Sami is getting elevated through the bus running over other characters. At least, that's my perception. I'd love to see her as a heroine with snark, still making mistakes. Right now, the only one calling her out on her whole "hide my baby from EJ" thing is EJ himself.
It bugged me when they did that with Belle and Mimi, too. Mimi's character got screwed for Belle to be the heroine. It looks like Carly might get trashed to make Hope look good. If one character has to get trashed to make another character look good, something's wrong.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 04:30 PM
It bugged me when they did that with Belle and Mimi, too. Mimi's character got screwed for Belle to be the heroine. It looks like Carly might get trashed to make Hope look good. If one character has to get trashed to make another character look good, something's wrong.
I completely disagree. If anyone is getting trashed, it's Hope for Carly.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think anyone is getting trashed where Hope and Carly is concerned. Hope has always been this way but it's never been nonstop, except during the Zack story but she had reason to be upset with Bo then so it didn't come off as bad.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
I don't mind if Sami was redeemed by actions, or a revelation, or by burning someone, she got burned in the process. What bugs me is that Sami is getting elevated through the bus running over other characters. At least, that's my perception. I'd love to see her as a heroine with snark, still making mistakes. Right now, the only one calling her out on her whole "hide my baby from EJ" thing is EJ himself.
ITA about Mimi!
I was a HUGE Mimi fan, but they threw her under the bus each and every time some SL w/Belle came up. I was indifferent to Belle and liked the Belle/Mimi friendship until they started mesing around with it.

As for the whole Hope/Carly/Bo, I'm still waiting on that but so far I have felt bad for Hope because they write her as such a uber-bitch. I have NEVER EVER..EVER..been a Hope fan and I cant believe some of the reasonings behind her acting this way.

As for Carly, I think there's a danger of her being whitewashed into being the heroine. She already came to town killing her husband...yet shes out and about. I just dont feel that spark that I felt for this character, but that just could be me and changing my mind. I'm just glad Viv's here for her revenge, because if she wasnt I wouldnt be a Carly fan!

cassie1013

Kenny
Yep, agreed. It's annoying how she declares everyone as her "one true love"- and also confusing on the viewers part. When I started watching DAYS, Sami was so obsessed with Austin, so I found I was always rooting for them...then frustrated when I realized they weren't the rooting couple, at all! Anyway yeah, too many love interests at this point.

I like Sami and Lucus at this point. I think Sami and EJ are just too little too late, plus, like I said before, EJ would be lowering his standards for her. Sami's not that hot, and she has no style. I can't figure out why he'd be attracted to her. He can do better.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

On my scale of rootable, Sami is at the bottom, one notch above Stephanie. I no longer care if she is happy or not now that she has turned in her scheming, take no prisoners, self-serving manipulative hat. One might argue that hiding Grace was along those lines but not in the same or even a more mature manner (probably because the writing bounced repeatedly around surrounding her motives). She needed to mature but she isn't a believable good girl and AS plays happy Sami with a saccharin sweetness that I find unpleasant, much like the taste of Tab.

I miss so many characteristics of the old Sami and thought she was at her best when she was vendetta scheming. Regardless of the now pointless vendetta, she was a more mature schemer than she had been and her motives, while still selfish, were directed at saving her family AND getting the glory rather than just her typical self serving mannerisms.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Dec 13 2009, 04:57 PM
ladyofthelake
I completely disagree. If anyone is getting trashed, it's Hope for Carly.
I don't see anyone going to make sure Hope doesn't get a job. I don't see anyone lurking around in the shadows spreading innuendo. Actually, I guess you're right in a way. If anyone is coming off looking bad, it's Justin.
To me, though, it's Hope. And I don't believe for a minute Hope was, in the older days, THIS bitchy. She was bitchy with a fighting attitude. This is just plain bitchy. The old Hope would have fought tooth and nail for Bo instead of hurling accusations and laying the blame game.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cassie1013
Dec 13 2009, 06:26 PM
Kenny
Yep, agreed. It's annoying how she declares everyone as her "one true love"- and also confusing on the viewers part. When I started watching DAYS, Sami was so obsessed with Austin, so I found I was always rooting for them...then frustrated when I realized they weren't the rooting couple, at all! Anyway yeah, too many love interests at this point.

I like Sami and Lucus at this point. I think Sami and EJ are just too little too late, plus, like I said before, EJ would be lowering his standards for her. Sami's not that hot, and she has no style. I can't figure out why he'd be attracted to her. He can do better.
Gads, I hope I never hear "one true love", or "soulmate" on this show ever again. :puke:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mer4santo
Dec 13 2009, 07:28 PM
On my scale of rootable, Sami is at the bottom, one notch above Stephanie. I no longer care if she is happy or not now that she has turned in her scheming, take no prisoners, self-serving manipulative hat. One might argue that hiding Grace was along those lines but not in the same or even a more mature manner (probably because the writing bounced repeatedly around surrounding her motives). She needed to mature but she isn't a believable good girl and AS plays happy Sami with a saccharin sweetness that I find unpleasant, much like the taste of Tab.

I miss so many characteristics of the old Sami and thought she was at her best when she was vendetta scheming. Regardless of the now pointless vendetta, she was a more mature schemer than she had been and her motives, while still selfish, were directed at saving her family AND getting the glory rather than just her typical self serving mannerisms.
Yes, yes and hell yes!

And for the record...I used to choke down Tab back in the day. Praise be to Coke Zero! :hail:

Alligato
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 13 2009, 03:30 PM
Kenny
You know, the more I see Sami in scenes with Rafe and EJ, the more I wonder why anybody roots for her to be with anyone.
I don't understand why anyone roots for her at all...
Can't stand to watch Sami in almost any scene! Acting sucks! The character is a hypocritical glitter bipolar mess! Least rootable character on the show....maybe second to Stephanie.
And it just really bothers me that Sami changed from underdog to glitter queen when AS got her Biggest Loser gig. Like NBC couldn't have her be that kind of character anymore while being a big player so they fixed her to be heroine.
Just my take of it. I could be wrong.

And all hail the greatness that is Coke Zero! :hail:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Alligato
Dec 13 2009, 09:32 PM
It's better to just drink water. The only beverages I drink are water and coffee (maybe some Kool-Aide here and there, but only made with Splenda). I'm not sure I've had more than a handful of sodas in the last 8 years.
Edited by Matt, Dec 13 2009, 09:37 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Matt
Dec 13 2009, 09:37 PM
Alligato
It's better to just drink water. The only beverages I drink are water and coffee (maybe some Kool-Aide here and there, but only made with Splenda). I'm not sure I've had more than a handful of sodas in the last 8 years.
Noooo, Matt! Don't drink the Kool-Aid! LOL
So funny how these conversations turn out! And the Sami compared to Tab. I used to drink Original Recipe Tab back in the dark ages. Yuck. Fresca was better.
But, yeah, matt, water beats all. But I love the Sami/Tab comparison. That pretty well sums it up.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ladyofthelake
Dec 13 2009, 09:45 PM
Matt
Alligato
So funny how these conversations turn out! And the Sami compared to Tab. I used to drink Original Recipe Tab back in the dark ages. Yuck. Fresca was better.
But, yeah, matt, water beats all. But I love the Sami/Tab comparison. That pretty well sums it up.
I had an aunt who drank Tab religiously. I cringe at the little reminders of the fact that I'm getting old like the other day when I mentioned returning glass bottles to the grocery and getting money for them so the bottlers could refill them. All the young 20somethings I work with were like "recycling?" and I tried to explain that it was similar in concept, but the literally reused the bottles. I'm still not sure I managed to convince them that Coke bottles used to be glass, you could get the glass bottles out of a machine, and you could return the bottles for money.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 13 2009, 09:50 PM
ladyofthelake
Matt
Alligato
I had an aunt who drank Tab religiously. I cringe at the little reminders of the fact that I'm getting old like the other day when I mentioned returning glass bottles to the grocery and getting money for them so the bottlers could refill them. All the young 20somethings I work with were like "recycling?" and I tried to explain that it was similar in concept, but the literally reused the bottles. I'm still not sure I managed to convince them that Coke bottles used to be glass, you could get the glass bottles out of a machine, and you could return the bottles for money.
They reused the bottles? How long ago was this? Not that I'm doubting you, btw. This is just something I don't remember, probably due to age.
Edited by six, Dec 13 2009, 10:05 PM.

angmc
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Matt
Alligato
Don't hate on the Kool-Aid! :OhMy: Tropical Punch is one of my fave drinks...So yes, I drink the Kool-Aid :biggrin:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply